Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change and Bonding (WoD – Nightsisters)

Months and maybe years had pass since Petra cared what some clans were doing. One time she care and out a Sith among the Nightsisters. She used it to move her up. Got enough of reputation going, there was talk of wanting her as their leader. Things changed to quickly for the woman who was still adjusting to all that happen. First time to sleep and missed seven hundred years or so of it. Petra went to what was familiar. The ruins of the clan she had built up and ran.

In there, she disappeared into the force. It was her way adjusting to it all. Now returning from her trip of sorts, eyes were on her goals. Ones’ that were not going to be stopped by anyone, one door open for her to complete one goal. Other witches that came to her clan were seek out by her when a small split came from the newest Clan Mother of the Nightsisters. Many viewed an outsider as great sin to the ways and left. So they were easily brought in.

This was the time for her to move. Petra gathered up her gear and summoned some witches to follow her. There was no hiding anything for what she wanted to do. She was out to grab control of all the wicked witches of the land and their flying monkeys too. So reaching the gates of the Nightsisters Overclan’s stronghold, she entered like a boss with the gate doors being torn out since no one was opening them for her. As she walked in, her presence was allowed to flood the force and stronghold. It was her way of letting everyone know she was there.

@[member="Lavania"] @[member="Kiyala Demont"] and any other Nightsisters I missed.

@[member="Petra Cavataio"]

Lavania looked up and outward from her room, she wasn't like the others and still wasn't a witch. Even though she wasn't exactly a nightsister as much anymore. Her situation had brought her to this point and holding a breath in when the tearing of the doors came, the presence of Petra alerting her while she pulled the staff into her hands and stood up letting the covers go before she grabbed a robe. The small and light tapping while she walked to overlook. "This is going to be.... interesting."

Her advisors were useless at this point as they burst in her chambers alerting her to what she already knew. She exhaled with an air of irritability as she had come home to escape the monotone life of Alderaan but not for a fight and not with who she owed a lot too. However, Kiyala knew she could not look weak in front of her people and would have to treat @[member="Petra Cavataio"] exactly how Kiyala treated the last person who dared storm her stronghold. For all Petra's flashiness she would have waste a lot energy tearing down the doors to their city. Kiyala stayed the top of the expanding hill of a city, and it was deadly whisper to the air as the men and women who were not the fighters of the clan drew themselves inside while the fighters all remained out of their sight due to the spell of concealment mixed with their training in the Sith assassin verse of the art. Their hunger however grew into a mighty collective with the force, the only reason Kiyala took so long to reveal herself is because she wanted to make sure she would hold nothing back against this woman as she didn't with all of her past foes.

As she took the first steps from her rather somewhat of an estate, clad in her Rancor Mark 2 armor as she nimbly walked toward Petra. Her body suit being the only reason why Petra would not be able to see the evil and angry expression on Kiyala's face. For Petra herself to do this was nothing short of a betrayal and one all too close too as she recently lost her real mother. The irony stunned Kiyala like a swift slap to the face and she found even more anger to bring power from.

"Oh look what you've done to my gates. . . Pity now your going to have to write a big check that I'm afraid you can't cash." Kiyala was no longer the scared little kitten that Petra persuaded away from the Singing Mountain Clan. "Tell me what is it that you come and disrespect myself and my people for?" Kiyala made sure to put heavy cockiness when she said her people as a personal jibe towards Petra.

@[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Lavania"] @[member="Lauda Cavataio"]

Hand went up as a gesture for the witches that came with her to step back. Petra was not going to say that Kiyala and Sith pets needed to practice more. Concealment did hide them from sight, but so many other ways it failed. The difficulty would have been if one person did not know how to sense force presence. However, their use of the force made them appear in another way. The draw on the force was like flow of water. The currents were felt deeply by the ancient woman. It was wonderful feel that gave her the window to channel the force.

For Petra, the behavior and words were given just a faint smile. People always had their words to fire at first and it was a trait that was just amusing, like a comedian on stage delivering their jokes to the crowd. She was more than happy with just starting what she desire. Started to act like she as about speak, but she used it hide her focus. Grabbing onto the force, the streams of the force were followed to the assassins who were lurking with the use of the force.

They were her prey now. The force she used latched onto them like the draw of the force they were summoning up. This time, Petra pulled the force back to her. It was not just draining the force but she was going for their life-force too. Just a smirk given as she did not answer or hinted to giving on, silence was the answer and draining of the pet Sith.

As requested, Lauda followed Ma'dri into the Nightsister stronghold. Though for this, she placed her hood cloak on and called upon Illusion Casting, merely to disguise her presence before the other, appearing nothing more than an ordinary Witch. And with all of them focused on what the other Cavataio female was doing, it would give them some time to notice another presence hiding herself. She took the time to observe what was going on. The Nightsisters, what they had become, the girl who appeared as though she was leading them but nothing about her seemed to suit Ma'dri. Lauda didn't even need to use her magic to discover that. There was certainly plenty of disrespect in the air. Clearly, she had slept too long. This was not what she remembered, not how things were once done.

The hand gesture was enough for the Witch, her feet stopping in its track as her hands spread to their side and gestured to the others at her side to fall back. Still connected to the power, she could feel the Force at its work but she did nothing other than continue to cast her Illusion, letting this play to flow as Ma'dri wished for it. Lauda was never one to come out and play out of turn, she could wait. Patience was something she had learned in her two hundred years, something she treasured. Most darksiders couldn't proud themselves with such an ability but Lauda had great respect for it. There was a time and a place for everything.

@[member="Petra Cavataio"] @[member="Kiyala Demont"] @Lavania

@[member="Kiyala Demont"] stood beside a girl with purple eyes that were far, far older than her face. Rave wasn't one for words either, not when Circe Savan wasn't involved. Then again, she wasn't the sort for silence or secrecy, comprehensive as her assassin training had been. As @[member="Petra Cavataio"] drained the life from Kiyala's assassins, one remained standing. She didn't yet see or perceive @[member="Lauda Cavataio"].

"Kiyala, this isn't a fight you can win," she murmured. "You're Ashin's people, but Ashin's not here. We need to leave. Now."

"Now now, why would you be such a downer with regards to that sort of thing?" A form that both @[member="Rave Merrill"] and @[member="Petra Cavataio"] would recognize quite well rose from the corner of darkness in the room. While Circe herself looked a little bit different with the surgeries having healed up, she was still somewhat in pain from her previous encounter, the entirety of her outer flesh brand new. The old had to be carved away, along with the vines, thorns, and other twisted projections. This, fortunately for her, included the blood trail that Rave had put on her scalp during creation.

Circe smiled. "I propose we see what happens. Kiyala does have the right to accept the challenge if she wishes. Let's wait and see what she does, alright?"

@[member="Kiyala Demont"]

Kiyala smirked for a moment as she watched as Petra did her a favor by culling the weak out of her fold. However, some of her witches and assassin's still lived being that they naturally fed off the force in such ways Petra's strength had an adverse effect on the survivors actually making them stronger. She knew what this was but fear did not live inside of the young warrior, Kiyala couldn't see past the decisions she made despite being a seer so it wouldn't help to try to discern the future. Kiyala has grown such much since the last time Petra seen her and she would make sure that it did not go unnoticed regardless of how this farce ended. However utilizing her gift for gab when @[member="Rave Merrill"] warned her too escape "Rave your council is much appreciated but I could not face my sister Spencer and our leader Ashin with the face of a coward. However, I know @[member="Petra Cavataio"] is strong I mean she taught me some of the things I know but not everything. And besides if she think that by beating me that MY sisters will follow she's sadly mistaken. Their are those among us that are stronger than me and you know why they still follow me. Cause when they needed somebody to lead I was here, whenever their needs were voiced I answered them. I'd rather have respect than fear anyday cause a man or a woman that respects you will fight for you in earnest."

Kiyala knew some of them were around when Petra left so they would feel the true impact of her words. However, Kiyala wasn't here to do a whole bunch of talking or to bore anyone that came. A small wave of surprise welled up inside Kiyala as @[member="Circe Savan"] arose from the shadows with her plant like mystique. Looking much better than the last time Kiyala had seen the master sorceress as Kiyala and Circe had been busy. She smiled when Circe seemingly believed that Kiyala might be able to pull it off. However, Kiyala would not make the first move as she was not the one barging in here which made Kiyala wonder why had Petra came alone. Surely she was not that over confident in her abilities so with a breath of air her force sight activated and she scanned the force for any thing unusual and the thing about illusions are they did not work on droids or those who could view the force with sufficient skill. So as she noticed a ripple that didn't fit, she activated her HUD sight as well which made the other witch viewable without Kiyala having to put in a lot of effort.

Kiyala ignited both of her lightsabers before awaiting Petra or the other witches moves.

A good example of talking causes a window of opportunity to disappear. The damage was done. A concealed Sith assassin appeared then collapsed. Then another and another joined the first. Three more Sith revealed their place and collapsed. Petra had finish draining the pets that Kiyala always had. The energy of the force within was taken to sever the connection along with their life-force, vitality. Taking their life to the point becoming unconscious and close to death, she did not desire death for them yet. They might be killed later or go through the house of fun with Petra as host.

Now free to focus back on woman that had friend voicing concern and another voicing the opposite. They appeared to be the little angel and devil on Kiyala’s shoulder. It was clear which one won and it was too bad the two could not fight it out there with the winner being the advice Kiyala would follow. That would have been fun to watch… again on a writer’s level. Petra would have enjoyed it. She was one that entertainment in all its forms.

Sadly, words had to be said because it became clear how off things were. The first thing Petra said was her actions of taking her saber hilt into her hand. It was not ignited. She only held it as she moved to the next thing to say. They were words this time. “Aww… so cute, sweetie. I see Sith reality has twisted the truth for you and blinded you. You are forgetting the last Sith that led true Nightsisters was removed and one among them elected to them. They had someone leading them, there for answers, respect, and even more. It is clear you came in like a Sith. Is that Clan Mother still alive or did you just off her?”

Petra took a small pause to focus on the surge of energy flowing through her from the drain before continuing. “Daughters of Dathomir know what I am doing as we Dathomirian are raised knowing the rituals… Of course, an outsider would miss the beauty of our rituals and view them as disrespectful acts. Because of that, dear, I’ll be nice and accept with giving you this chance of stepping down and accepting your fate, or we can play so I can get a good laugh in. It is up to you at this moment… listen to the cute purple eyes friend or the egg-plant that reminds me of someone I knew.”

@[member=Lavania] @[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Lauda Cavataio"] @[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Circe Savan"]

Kiyala has had enough of talking for one as powerful as she was she was rather long winded. "I do not answer to you or to anyone Petra. You know once I looked up to everything that you are with envy, but now I see that you are merely an old crone who is merely grasping at whatever realm of power you think you have. I've seen men and women greater than you enough to know that for all your grandiose displays of power that you are nothing." Kiyala's force shield began to rise and solidify around her armor, normally she drew it under her armor but experience told her she'd be better of protecting from the outside in.

While it would have been worth while for Kiyala to battle her here in now. Kiyala imagined a fate much worse for @[member="Petra Cavataio"] so with a smile that could only a trained Queen could muster Kiyala spoke. "You can have this victory today Petra but know this is not over. A small fleet with be here in days to transport all of my things and everything I brought here away, those who remain true to the true leader of the Nightsisters which is myself will find an home and a training facility to prepare for what's too come." Kiyala turned to leave although keeping her senses trained on both of her attackers while snapping her finger as a final joke towards Petra to show she was not really as powerful as she thought. Her personal guard would then reveal themselves having being cloaked amongst the mere rookies Petra callously drained of their lives, it troubled Kiyala to have their lives be carelessly thrown away but their deaths will serve as a reminder of why Petra's rule was unjust and would slowly breed uncertainty in even the strictest adherences to the the Old ways.

"I suggest you leave this city that I've built alone btw, it will all be blown to bits after my final departure anyways. Enjoy you reign Petra while it lasts. . . " Kiyala said as she looked at @[member="Circe Savan"] offering her a smule in thanks for arriving before looking at @[member="Rave Merrill"] before saying "Rave I trust you have the proper channels, I need to get in contact with a Former Emperor of the Sith." And with that Kiyala's form would flicker before disappearing from sight if one searched the force for her they would feel nothing but the current of the force drowning her out completely as she began to leave.

@[member="Lauda Cavataio"]@[member="Kiyala Demont"]@[member="Petra Cavataio"]@[member="Circe Savan"]

Which left Rave standing there with the Cavataios and the Sith Master she'd so recently fought.

"If you'll excuse me," she said to Petra, "I'll take my leave as well. One stands by one's friends, but this is not my fight."

Well, this was fun. "Well, I guess no one needs to be a Vinithi at this point in time. I'll be back when a fight starts."

And with that, Circe poofed.

@[member="Lauda Cavataio"]@[member="Kiyala Demont"]@[member="Petra Cavataio"]@[member="Rave Merrill"]

Chocolate brown eyes kept watching the scene from the back, with the other allies. The faces that approached the girl, spoke to her. Still, her attention remained on the female in the middle of all this. Her mother's words allowed her to learn more about the one claiming to lead the Nightsisters. It seemed she had been twisted by the Sith ways. And the one before had been a Sith. They had infiltrated the Nightsisters. Lauda studies their ways but a Witch first and foremost, she understood their differences. Their ways might have been useful but they were still nothing more than outsiders.

At the mention of Daughters of Dathomir, Lauda couldn't help but produce a smile beneath her cloak. Yes, the Daughters of Dathomir knew full well what Ma'dri was doing. The child was stubborn though, the Witch realized. And the name calling was even more chilish. Lauda just shook her head when she heard it. Without much happening beyond her mother's drainining, this little... get-together went on a little easy for her taste, as the girl told Ma'dri could have victory today. A little to easy, making this a tad bit boring even.

There was the bit that was interesting. The girl had set the city to explode? Such an outsider thing to do. She could have fought, she could have given herself an honorable death and in a millionth of possibility, perhaps even a chance to live the tale. And yet, she chose to leave, be exiled and to... blow the place up? Lauda sighed. How disappointing this is what Dathomir welcomed now. Her gaze remained perfectly still on the girl before she vanished from eyesight. "How disappointing," the Witch finally whispered, her attention switching to the purple eyed girl who addressed Ma'dri as well. And then, the green-skinned one vanished as well.

"Disappointing, what the Nightsisters will let in these days," Lauda finally spoke up and removed the cloak from her head, approaching her mother.

@[member="Petra Cavataio"]

"Very interesting indeed." Lavania had been watching more with her senses and it was a strange thing. She ddin't know who most of them were and aside from Kiyala she hadn't met many other nightsisters before. Choosing to when the spider clan had left her alone and disappeared into the night. That was when the jedi had found her and she'd been helped with nowhere else to go, but now the mandalorians were active again and she had been told news of her people. That was why she was back but this... this had been a strange time indeed while the staff tapped on the ground to guide her way but looking on at Kiyala and then to Petra. Whatever was going to happen she was not going to be in a fortress about to be destroyed.

Well, there was only one of Kiyala’s friends who did not white current out of the scene. She got a respectful bow from Petra before leaving. For Petra, she had to take the energy she stole from the assassin and focused it on her cells. Mending cells to slow aging was one reason, but the intent was healing the ancient body. Petra would not admit or show how age and darkness of the force had torn her up. She had the force and alchemy to hide it.

Petra was going to allow silence fall for a few minutes before orders came. However, her daughter had to speak. She looked at Lauda with slight glare. “Hold your tongue for the moment.” The old witch thought the same and thought a few more things. There was a belief if the youth was not disrespectful Petra might handle it differently. She would handle that one later. Right at the moment there were pressing matters.

Still looking at her daughter, she added after the long pause. “Get everyone informed about the changes and everyone needs to move. Nightsisters, Spider Clan, and Nightbrothers are to move to Morte Clan’s stronghold. They have three days to gather and start moving. After the third day we will burn and bury this monstrosity with whatever left of the exile things. Got it, Lauda?” Then she looked at Lavania, “You can help your brothers and sisters with passing on the info too, Lavania.”

@[member="Lauda Cavataio"] @[member="Lavania"]

Lauda blinked at the response that had come Ma'dri and moved half a step down. She fell silent, waiting. It took a long while before she was spoken to again. Everyone needed to be informed of the changes and everyone needed to moved which included Nightsisters, Spider Clan and Nightbrothers. They all had to move to the stronghold. And had only three days to do it.

And then they would burn and bury this place with whatever was left. She nodded and without so much as a single word walked away from Ma'dri. The Witch had been given a task and she would follow it. And considering how Ma'dri had spoken to her, which was a first, it seemed like a better option to not speak right now. Angry Ma'dri was never a good thing. Nox had been a repeated example of that for the most part of her life.

@[member="Petra Cavataio"] @[member="Lavania"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom