Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Champala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champala
System: The Chagri System
Trade Route(s): The Hydian Way
Sun(s): Champala's Star - primarily the other stars in the system are Red Dwarves
Orbital Position: 1 - 1.44 million kilometers distance from Champala's Star
Moon(s): 3 (Cylus, Beltane, Sheron)
System Features: Various purple to rainbow colored nebulae collectively called 'The Trident Nebulae'
Coordinates: L-8
Rotational Period: 27 standard hours
Orbital Period: 318 local days

- Physical Information -
Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 14,600 kilometers
Atmosphere: Type I
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Oceans, rainforests, plateaus

- Societal Information -
Native Species: Chagrians
Immigrated Species: Humans, Berchestians
Primary Language(s): Chagri, Galactic Basic Standard
Capital: Tidros
Government: Authoritarian democracy
Population: 5.3 billion (69% Chagrian, 30% Human, 1% Berchestian)
Demonym: Champalan
Major Imports: Technology, tourism
Major Exports: Luxury goods (furniture, art, fine liquor and wine, clothes, electronics, botanicals), Seafood

Affiliation(s): Currently Champala is a neutral unaligned world that has had few interactions with the greater galactic community. Champala does however trade with many unaligned planets and will only conduct deals with them on the border of their space in a very restricted fashion as per their isolationist policies.

- Major Locations -
Tidros: Tidros is the glistening illustrious capital of Champala and is undoubtedly the cornerstone of the planetary economy with over 90% of planetary industry focused in Tidros alone. The story of Tidros is a similar one to that of Ahto City on Manaan. Initially constructed as an outpost to communicate the surface dwelling off-worlders, it has since grown into a gleaming metropolis seated on the top of one of the planet's largest plateaus. The citizens of Tidros are accustomed to a life of luxury and opulence with poverty and crime being small here. native Chagri live in peace with their Human counterparts who form the worlds largest minority race. The city itself is surrounded by lush jungle rifts to the south with it's northern section fully exposed to the stunning ocean. While in the metropolitan areas of the city it is a life of partying and luxury, there is a stark contrast to those who live in the suburbs - hardy Human and Chagri fishermen and craftsmen who comprise the planet's middle and working classes. Although there is great wealth in some individuals on Champala, poverty is not a major issue as the government has always ensured its citizens welfare. It was often said that the poorest Champalan was still looked after better than the poorest citizen of most worlds across the galaxy. Enormous hydroelectric dams exist on the city limits as well which in conjunction with an array of solar panels and wind farms power Tidros. Environmental measures are strict as to prevent the world succumbing to over-pollution again and it is even said tampering with the environment can result in extreme persecution. Waste from Tidros is collected and then launched into the sun by a large mass driver cannon specifically designed to not be used for military matters, drawing on the Gravlex Med concept to further reduce environmental disruption.

The Legislative Mansion: The Legislative Mansion is located within the heart of Tidros. Prized real estate in the city's heart was set aside for the creation of a series of beautifully manicured parks featuring balmgrass from Chandrila and bamboo from Corulag alongside flocks of semi-domesticated Pylats imported from Neimoidia which delight guests with their singing. While the gardens themselves are deemed quite impressive, the Mansion - while a stunning piece of architecture draws a stark contrast to the city's many skyscrapers by being a simple yet elegant four story structure which houses the Parliament of Champala for their active sessions.

Logue Rock: An important location on Champala, the Logue Rock is located just off the coast of Tidros and accessible by a speeder ride taking no more than half an hours trip. Logue Rock is one of the very few 'smokers' on Champala and considered a culturally and religiously important sight. Many Champalans, both Human and Chagrian hold the loose belief that one day the Champalan deity Aram Acheron will emerge from Logue Rock and lead Champalans to victory over their adversities. The unusual conical shape and rainbow lichens that grow all over the 31ft natural structure draw in many tourists every year. Furthermore it is also the location of one of the planet's few mining operations and provides significant backing to the Champalan Treasury.

- Culture -
Cultural Brief: Champala was an oddly early member of the Republic, being one of the first non-human planets to join the government. At this point the crown-jewel: Tidros the capital was constructed to interact with off-worlders who otherwise could not access the archaic Champalan cities which were entirely submerged at high tide.
Champalans are considered to be law abiding and peaceful people which has fit in with their galactic isolation, only developing internally and trading with various independent worlds strictly on the fringes of their system. Education is highly valued by Champalans and many travel abroad to worlds like Mrlsst and Yabol Opa to recieve the highest possible education. There is not a specific area where Champalans succeed in this respect and they field a plethora of professions. Most Champalans casually adhere to the Champalan Religion which centers around Logue Rock and is best comparable to a form of Shintoism. Upon finishing their education many Champalans will enter national military service which is viewed as a highly honorable position to hold as the defenders of the planet. Furthermore arts, music and sport all play important roles in Champalan life with many of the cities being built upon architecturally beautiful designs; alongside this music, sport and arts are compulsory school subjects. Most of the planet follows both domestic podracing as well as the sport of Limmie. Due to the somewhat idyllic and even opulent lifestyle many Champalans lead they tend to be quite ignorant of other governments, often believing their ways to be superior.

Technology: Technology has always been one of Champala's primary exports - they are always looking to improve their planetary standards weather it be new transit systems, the latest holonet or even military equipment. State of the art public services are available on Champala and a significant portion of the planetary budget is ceded towards that. A series of maglev trains crisscross the globe, freely interconnecting Champalans with all points of habitation.

- Historical Information -
Pre 20,000 BBY: Champala's Star undergoes a period of instability during the early staged of Champalan civilization, thus giving Champalan's an increase resistance to radiation. At this point in history the above-water capital city of Tidros is constructed and Champalan's develop space travel, mapping the system and Champala's three moons. Soon enough a hyperdrive is developed by Champalan scientists and first contact is made with the early incarnation of the Galactic Republic due to Champala's situation on the crucial Hydian Way. Economic and diplomatic ties soon follow which gradually paves the way for Champala to enter the Republic was on of it's earliest and most successful non-human majority planetary members.

20,000 BBY: Around this time Champala joins the Republic, albeit the specific date is hotly disputed by local academics. From this point Champala would by the Republic's gateway to the Hydian and firmly stick by them for tens of thousands of years as firm loyalists.

20,000 BBY - 529 BBY: With Champala becoming an influential member of the Galactic Republic, the next several thousands of years would be a period of peace and prosperity - with Champala largely focusing on internal development they did in times cede forces to assist the Republic with military matters, however nestled relatively safely in the Inner Rim they had little to fret. One of Champala's first national crises arose in 529 BBY when suave yet scamming businessman Hugo Bartyn approached several thousand lower-class Champalans and offered them new lives on what was promised to be a luxurious colony. Instead they were turned into slave laborers on Lamaredd an event that would come to shock and horrify the Champalan government which concurrently became a voice for anti-slavery in the Republic, a value that still holds true to Champalan culture to this day.

529 -19 BBY: Champala would find itself undergoing another period of prosperity, even during the Clone Wars they remained unscathed and safely nestled in the Republic's core territory. In 19 BBY the Galactic Empire would be declared and was ardently supported by the then Champalan Senator and Republic Vice Chair, Mas Amedda. While Amedda was a supporter of Palpatine this is widely unknown to Champalans who still view him as a valiant local politician and one of the few Chagrians to attain such high office on a galactic scale. While Champala would initially be supportive of the new regime as Palpatine continued on with his blatant abuses of power local support would wane and finally collapse when a mining incident at Imperial hands on Champala caused a large portion of the ocean to become polluted.

19 BBY - 19 ABY: Champala would remain a firm supporter of the Rebel Alliance during the First Galactic Civil War, with many locals joining their ranks. Chagrians played a vital role in defending Mon Calamari in 11 ABY from the Empire even though their own world remained under nominal Imperial control. Champala's long desired independence would not come until the end of the war however, in 17 ABY the Republic would launch their first offensive to liberate Champala from the Imperial remnant but would find themselves routed by Gilad Pallaeon. Later that year, yet another offensive was launched by a force thrice as big as the first, yet it seemed the Empire would stubbornly keep their grip on the planet for another two years. In 19 ABY the Pallaeon-Gavrisom Treaty was signed between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant, formally ending the war and allowing systems to choose which government would administer them. Seizing the chance, Champala finally gained independence - however swiftly joined the New Republic.

19 ABY - 130 ABY: Champala would follow the various galactic governments that followed the Republic mostly remaining on the sidelines of many galactic conflicts. They found themselves luckily ignored by the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy, the Bacta War among other things. During this period many Humans began to immigrate to the idyllic Champala to escape the stress of the rest of the galaxy. In this time Champala began to become more and more isolationist, finally sealing itself off from the Galaxy when the Republic's latest incarnate: The Galactic Alliance was defeated over Camaas and replaced with the Fel Empire. Until 130 ABY Champala lived in relative peace, trading with the Hapes Consortium and other smaller galactic factions. This would be shattered when Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire rose to power and demanded the worlds submission, fearing the retribution that would be had against them for disobedience, Champala reluctantly joined the Empire once more.

130 ABY - 150 ABY: In 138 ABY Krayt's Empire would be routed and the Galactic Triumvirate would be formed - a government consisting of the Fel Empire, Galactic Alliance and Jedi Order. Champala would have nothing to do with it having been betrayed by the galaxy for the last time they remained neutral and independent for the longest time.

150 ABY - 835 ABY: Champala would enjoy a period of relative prosperity again during this time and manage to restore the environmental damage caused to their oceans by the Empire many years ago. However this period of development would come to a halt in 427 ABY when the Gulag Virus began to encroach on the Mid Rim. Sure enough it would hit Champala, killing two million - luckily enough however the isolationist policies of Champala meant that they had developed means to swiftly deal with foreign viruses. Though they could not sure the virus, Champala managed to decrease it's destructive potential and it is widely considered they got off easy compared to many worlds. By 835 ABY the Gulag Virus has been wholly removed from the system.

835 - 844 ABY: The next 9 years for Champala would focus on solidifying their isolation, increasing local industry and encouraging immigration. However On the eve of 12th Taungsday in 844 ABY two-hundred and seventy-three thousand Champalans would disappear literally into thin air. With no leads, and the citizenry asking questions Champala finds itself under increasing pressure to turn to the greater galaxy for the first time in almost 700 years.

- Other -
Notable PCs: Grand Marshal Antares Kavis

Intent: My interest in SWRP forum role plays have always been in the seat of governing planets. I much prefer to do my own thing when it comes to this and not join major factions as I tend to be a bit of a micro-manager. I come from a much smaller role play that has much looser rules, however hopefully it is acceptable for me to run a single planet government and see where it takes me. In my description I tried to stay true to Wookiepedias description of Champala however I found myself forced to fill in some blanks with realistic thoughts of to how some things might be. Sorry for the long winded explanation I'm new to this rp, however I guess all in all my intent in doing this is because I wanted to flesh out a canon world with little description in more depth and furthermore give a good description for the planet which I wish to govern.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Alright, looks good from what I can tell. There are a couple of bits of Chaos canon that have to be addressed for planetary entries.

First, there's the Gulag Virus: (http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/timeline/835-aby-galaxy-at-war-r22).

Long story short, a virus was released that spread to all planets. Either you were immune, or it killed you. Wiped out a large portion of the galaxy.

Secondly, there's the Netherworld Event: (http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/timeline/844-aby-netherworld-r33)

One day, about half the population of the galaxy vanished and reappeared in the Netherworld. Some folks made it back, but many more are still missing.

What we're looking for here is how those two events affected your planet's history. What sort of turmoil did they cause? How were the events resolved? Anyway, once we get that ironed out, I think we should be good to go.

[member="Chagri"]

I had to redo most of it, but kept is 95% the same due to the format screwing up. I've addressed the chaos canon events you linked me to in an updated history. Please offer any further feedback, thanks.
[member="Rusty"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom