Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chain Gang(Republic Dominion of Mobus)

The Sith was defeated. Yet now, the ship was in danger of blowing up any moment. An escape pod was available for [member="Antares Windu"] to use.

Meanwhile, Kirk awaited on the Republic frigate for word of Antares's discoveries. He was beginning to get impatient.

It turned out that Pexkaly was a much more skilled melee combatant than a sharpshooter. The baton used by Pexkaly also seemed to be slightly lightsaber resistant. Therefore, the fight continued for some time due to Daella not being able to get a solid strike on the guard. His armor blocked any direct contact with her lightsaber that would cause enough pain to stun people.

For the moment, the fight was at an impasse.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
She had come for the assist but found a distress signal coming from a Republic Frigate. Tapping the pilot, as she sat in the co-pilots seat, they changed direction. The Starfighter made a pass of the ship and the transmissions were confusing at best.

"What do you think Lieutenant. Should we investigate further?"

"Sure. If you wanted to seal that flight suit and go for a space walk. ...Lets just stay on the coms and see what we can discover for ourselves."

"Is a space walk a bad idea on a prisoner vessel?"

"For a Jedi Knight? Nooo. ...For a beauty queen like you? Yesss."

Sam frowned and pulled her helmet closer to her forehead. Even with the other pilot being female, that kinda stung. Well, maybe she was right. What could she do from up here? Hmm...

When the Sith seemingly just stopped...Antares couldn't be sure and he really did spare a moment to decapitate the Zabraki Sith before bringing his wrist to his mouth and begin speaking. "Pull away from the frigate. Self-destruct. I'm getting into an escape pod." He breathed out as he ran, not having realized how injured he truly was while fighting the Sith.

Upon the other channel, he contacted his starfighter, specifically his droid to get out of the ship right away. There was no time to wait for him, and Antares was on his way down the a turbolift at the moment. There was certainly escape pods along some corridor.

[member="Rytek'irk'intrano"]

The melee between Daella and Pexkaly continued. Eventually, they neared where he had dropped his gun. In a momentary lull in the fight, Pexkaly picked up his gun and began to fire at Daella once again. At such a close range, she was pressed hard to deflect the shots. She was near the point of requiring the lethal force of a lightsaber.

Even if [member="Antares Windu"] might not have known the layout of the ship in detail, he was getting close to the escape pods.

Yet, he would find all but one pod remaining - and the one remaining had a mercenary Talz just happening to be wanting to launch the pod as soon as possible.

In a gap between Pexkaly's shots, Daella quickly adjusted a knob on her lightsaber. The power to it turned back up to a lethal level.

Daella lunged forward and slashed at Pexkaly. He attempted to block the lightsaber with his stun baton. Her lightsaber sliced right though. He (and the writer) had forgotten that Daella's lightsaber was at a much lower level of power than it should be.

Now without a melee weapon, Pexkaly quickly backed off in an attempt to create some distance between the two.

The beast was tall, but Antares wasn't about to be left behind to die. He heard the whirring of his droid over his comlink and then he threw his silver hilt at the Talz. The aqua blade burst out before it could even touch the escape pod deployment button.

The saberthrow sheared through the Talz, cutting off half of it's body with the throw. And then Antares was leaping into the escape pod and throwing his hand behind him to recall his lightsaber and deactivating it as it came into his clutches.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"No response? I don't think anyone is on the bridge?"

"I know. I know. The Astromech droid is just as confused as we are. He says that he getting a separate signal?"

"What? From where?"

"...From another droid down on that ship. Here, read this."

Sam tipped her helmet and looked down at the tiny screen in front of her. Her eyes went wide with surprise as the garbled letters began to appear,

"But! That would mean!"

"Yes. I know. ...Hold on! I'm pulling us away from the vessel. Let's hope everyone gets off that boat alive! Grrr..."

The Starfighter banked away from the doomed vessel with a hard stutter. It seems things had already gotten out of hand around here. All Sam could do was watch in horror and pray that this was all just a big mistake.

The Talz screamed out in pain before it was slain. Yet, it probably deserved that.

The enemy frigate was soon to blow, and it was apparent that it was going to from an observer's point of view. Kirk was frankly attempting to contact [member="Antares Windu"], saying, "Are you off the ship? Jedi, are you off the ship? You need to get out."

Daella was fairly fast still, though, despite being tired. She dashed forward and almost managed to slice Pexkaly's blaster in two. However, the guard deftly managed to pull back at the right moment. This did not change their distance too much, though, and he was still at risk of being killed at that point.

The escape pod was jettisoned, with Antares and lightsaber whole. He breathed heavily, he hadn't realized how time consuming these things were. An when he heard the sound of the Chiss's voice over his comlink all he could do was rasp out a "yes," before laying his head on one of the headrests. When he realized how much time he had left, he secured himself in the seat and said over the comlink, "I hope the ship is gone." He said to [member="Rytek'irk'intrano"] and after being in space for a few moments, the Unknown Frigate blew up.

As [member="Antares Windu"] flew away in the escape pod, the enemy frigate blew up. Antares would have been at the distance to where he would have definitely felt something - gases rushing by and creating a "shockwave," essentially.

Now knowing that Antares was alive, Kirk contacted his escape pod by saying, "Good job, Jedi. We'll be picking you up."

Oreluos's frigate then began to move toward Antares's escape pod.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The once mighty vessel exploded and left a scared and white-knuckled Sam leaning out against the window. Her pilot was no less stunned by the strange turn of events,

"Damn. What the kark happened down there?"

"I... I don't know. I think we've arrived too late to look for those answers."

"Agreed. Let's meet up with the other vessels in the area. Perhaps we'll find some answers elsewhere."

Sam could only swallow hard and turned back to her monitor. The faint letters that had come from a warning friend had ceased. Somewhere out there was a little lost droid, now only scrap metal for the pile. Somehow, this small occurrence left a deep emotional impact on the Jedi Padawan. Sam would hate space combat from that day forth.

"What a waste..."

The battle between Pexkaly and Daella was rounding off. It got to the point that Daella pushed Pexkaly near a ledge that dropped off into a bunch of machinery below. If someone fell, they would have certainly been killed.

With heavy breaths between each word, Daella asked Pexkaly, "For what reason?"

The escape pod had been shaken considerably, but from the repulsors that carried it away from the blast, it stabilized once the shockwave had passed and began to ride the rest of it out as it was carried through what debris was created in the 'battle.'

"Is it done then?" He asked over the comlink to, [member="Rytek'irk'intrano"] with a questioning tone. He knew it was over, but he had to ask. He felt as if he had used the dark side of the Force, as if he dipped into the dark side, drew off of it, and then used it upon a Sith. He had been treading quite close to the dark side...How could he live with himself...It was all for the Republic. He confirmed for himself mentally and then he waited for the pickup. Maybe he'd talk to a Jedi Master who could help.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Time passed quickly for the Jedi Padawan at that point. They recovered themselves to a nearby Republic Vessel and disembarked with a terrible pace. The day's events had been cluttered and noisy. It seemed that nothing could go as expected on these far flung journeys. Sam's pilot friend and apparent chaperone hustled alongside her,

"You feeling alright kid? You look a little sick there. Space flight not sitting well with you?"

"Oh. No, I'm fine. Just not used to a Starfighter pit. That's all."

"Ah. I'll bet your more used to civilian comfort. Yeah, they don't make the double seats big enough these days. Seems just like a modified T-1, if you asked me."

"Right..." She let the woman trail on about machine specs and gravity dampeners. Truthfully it was the jostling ride that keep her quiet now. It was the errie feeling that one day, she might not be the lucky one in the escape pod.

"...Well. Come on then. You wanted to help with the war effort right? Then this is were the duty roster begins. I'm sure you'll find some of your Jedi companions about the place too. Just keep your head down. You're alright kid."

"Thanks Lieutenant. But for my next planetary jump? Can we skip all the explosions?"

The female pilot only smiled,

"Sorry kid. From now on I promise we'll take it slow. One explosion at a time. Haha."

"Yeah. ...One planet at a time."

*end

Pexkaly simply replied to Daella, "For the Dark Lord!"

And with that, Pexkaly leaped backwards and off the platform - to certain death below. Daella watched in shock at what happened and could do nothing to save the only evidence linking this prison break to the true culprits.

Over the comm, Kirk replied to [member="Antares Windu"], "It's done. The prison ship should be secured soon. We'll be making our way to the Pit. We'll tow you aboard, Jedi. You have both my thanks and the Captain's, and you deserve some rest now."

"It is all for the Republic." The Jedi Knight said and he turned off his comlink for what he thought was the last time. He wasn't going to be making anymore responses anytime soon.

All for the Republic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom