Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chain Breakers

intro-import.webp

Planet Castilon, the Colossus Station
Tag: Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to
Wearing a tannish cloak over her armor Minerva strolled down the latest corridor. Flanking her on the right was the Astrian hacker Sumi, clothed in brown and red grab that made her appear like a spacer complete with a goggled flight cap. They passed an elderly Gand before Minerva whispered to Sumi.

"Picked up anything yet?"

The other commando shook her head.

"No boss, nothing yet on the chatter since that last report."

Minerva had to resist the urge to groan in frustration. Rotations ago a sizable band of Twi'lek refugees who escaped Ryloth bound for Alliance space stopped on this station but vanished without trace. Learning of their disappearance from her sources she took it upon herself to help find them even though the people weren't classified as of military importance to the Alliance.

We need to find them. They have already suffered enough because of my former bethern.

As they walked into an elevator that went down, Sumi cleared her throat.

"Boss they're likely gone by now and could be on the other end of the galaxy for all we know."

Folding her arms over the chest Minerva answered.

"We can still pick up their trail. If slavers were involved they more than likely had help on this station. To snatch that many people strongly suggests that possibility and we're going to find out."

Her tone left no room for debat and Sumi nodded in understanding before displaying a concerned expression to her CO.

"I get it but boss, don't blame yourself for what happened here nor Ryloth."

"Focus on the objective Sumi."

The turbolift stopped and the door slid open and out they went, letting an Aqualish family of four take their place. Subsequently they arrived at dinner that was partially filled with customers and seated themselves at a corner table. A server droid rolled in and the pair ordered some Bantha burgers and beer. Minerva threw back her hood off now that showed her face and listened around for any word as she and Sumi waited.

Last edited:

intro-import.webp

Castilon, Colossus Station
Tags: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Rayne_divider.png

Rayne was practically boiling over with frustration. Her people could never be left alone, even as they fled destruction at the hand of the Mandalorian Enclave. As refugees flocked away from their home in the thousands, the armpit of the galaxy opened it's maw to consume them. In all her life, no matter the situation, nothing could ever bring the young woman more anger than the prospect of slavers hurting her kin.

And even not born on Ryloth, these were still her kin.

So she was here, sleuthing her way though Colossus Station. Already her mind was reaching out to technology in the station. Security cameras, terminal logs, the whole nine yards. She had it all, and it was genuinely overwhelming. So much so that she wandered aimlessly for a while, her hood over her head as she let her mind drift. There was so much here, where did she even begin to start looking for where her people had gone? It was in this state of distraction that the tall Twi'lek woman walked straight into a considerably shorter woman sporting a cloak. Immediately, chills ran down her spine.

She could see it. Armor. Beskar. Rayne wasted no time drawing her blaster, but it was apparent she was no fighter. Her body trembled, and all attempts to put on a strong face were very clearly in vain.

"Don't move," she spoke through the vocoder clipped to her belt.

At the very least her vocoder didn't express fear. It had no tone. Now she just had to come to terms with the fact that she had just pulled a gun on a Mandalorian and, in truth, there was no way in hell it was going to actually do anything at all to the warrior.

Sweat was already pooling on Rayne's forehead.

intro-import.webp

At the monotone voice Minerva looked up and beheld a towering Twi'lek. Her shock gave way to silent observation. Despite her size and having the drop on the Mandalorian the stranger was sweating like crazy. Clearly she hasn't done this sort of thing before.

It was the eyes that told why this is happening. Anger, grief and fear. Something like this was to be expected but it didn’t make the situation any less tragic. Mentally the warrior cursed herself. The cloak proved to be not enough. Meanwhile her partner gaped before exclaiming.

"Wait you don't understand-

Minerva shushed Sumi to silence before looking the Twi'lek in the eyes again. Calmly she asked.

"Ya got my attention stranger. Your name?"

intro-import.webp

Castilon, The Colossus

Rayne_divider.png

"Ya got my attention stranger. Your name?"

Rayne froze, simply looking on with confusion. And fear, but mostly confusion.

"Stupid," she began, but quickly began to sweat even more. "I mean, that's not my name. Ignore that."

What was she thinking pulling a gun on a Mandalorian? When did she become suicidal? It was clear just at a glance that she was no match for this woman at all, so why had she even bothered to raise a weapon in the first place? Anger? Fear? It was hard to say, and the young woman really had no time at all to process these thoughts any further at all.

And then there was a matter of her friend. They weren't Mandalorian at all. In fact, aside from the cloak, they appeared to be a regular old soldier. Galactic Alliance soldiers. Rayne's mind spun, trying to process it all, which was difficult after receiving the news of Ryloth. Regardless, there were more important matters at hand.

"Sorry," Rayne reluctantly apologized. "You're here for the refugees... I'm looking, but the station is big. A lot of security footage."

She'd frown, awkwardly tucking her hands into her pockets before turning away.

"I don't wanna give my name," she added.

intro-import.webp

It was becoming more apparent to Minerva that this Twi'lek was way in over her head. It's very fortunate of her that she wasn't dealing with another Mandalorian, especially those from the Enclave. Just saying no to them has become an excuse to be gunned down. Of course Minerva was about to figure out a way to distract and disarm her when the stranger stopped and somehow discover who they were.

Immediately the Mandalorian's jaw dropped before shushing the Twi'lek.

"Quiet! Do you want the whole station to know?!”

Minerva wondered to to herself.

How in the stars did she figure that out?

Turning to Sumi she saw why. The Alliance emblem on her gear. Without hesitation she ripped the patch off, glaring at the private who now realized her mistake and winced as if punched. They're going to have a chat about that mistake once the mission is over.

Back to the newcomer she whispered.

"Let's find another spot, Miss Unknown."

Getting up from their table the soldiers walked out as some bystanders who heard Rayne earlier watched them in confusion, annoyance or interest. Tossing a bag of credits to the middle aged Bothan owner behind the main counter Minerva led the way. They headed out in a seemingly corridor Minerva made sure they weren't being followed and Sumi silently checked for listening devices with a conceal tool but discovered none.

Once the precautions were taken care of, Minerva spoke with Rayne.

"As much as it saved us further misunderstanding back there, why were you so quick to trust us? Others in your position would have shot at me as soon as they recognized the armor underneath my cloak. Given recent events."

The only possibilities she could think of is that their contact was either naive or really desperate to find those refugees. Hopefully more of the latter than the former.

Last edited:

intro-import.webp

Castilon, The Colossus

Rayne_divider.png

"As much as it saved us further misunderstanding back there, why were you so quick to trust us? Others in your position would have shot at me as soon as they recognized the armor underneath my cloak. Given recent events."

They'd moved to a more secure location now, one where people weren't listening in. She hadn't even considered such a threat. Rayne would simply point at the Mandalorian's partner, giving a shrug.

"Soldier," she'd state plainly. "Just a cloak is bad disguise."

The woman would frown for a minute, reflecting on what she had just said. It was incredibly simple, like how dumbed down sentences were in sign. It was very unlikely that these people could read hands, but that mentality still lingered in the back of her head.

They were clearly GADF, regardless of that random thought. That meant they wouldn't out-right kill her, which was probably the only thing that had kept her alive when she pulled a gun on them.

That didn't mean she wasn't still afraid.

"I'm not in trouble, am I?" the woman asked. "Y'know, for attempted murder or something?"

She'd try to play it off like she didn't care, but it was very clear by her face that Rayne was perhaps a little sick to her stomach about the entire thing.

intro-import.webp

Despite her best efforts a sigh escaped Minerva at the Twi'lek's explanation. Normally their team had to pose as mercenaries when operating outside Alliance space but Sumi got sloppy on this occasion and apparently she made the same mistake too. The realization gave way to embarrassment within her. Burying it Minerva forced herself to focus. She turned to Rayne when she asked her own question.

The Mandalorian snorted while Sumi chuckled. The latter shook her head.

"No, no that's not necessary, we—

"Forget about it, we got a job to do." Minerva interjected, causing Sumi to frown in her commander's direction but the former ignored it. Lives are at stake after all. Then she asked Rayne her next question.

"Have you discovered any new information on the refugees? We just got here."

In the back of the warrior's mind she was concerned. Given how amateurish this Twi'lek proved to be so far it made her wonder if her activities earned any unwanted attention. If so that would complicate matters. Although right now this newcomer is their only lead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom