Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Celebration of the Less-common days

What The Title Says​

Today is statehood day in Kentucky and Tennessee! The 15th and 16th states to join The Union, Kentucky and Tennessee have contributed much to make the nation it is today.

Contributions:
Tennessee:
Aretha Franklin
Morgan Freeman
Davy Crockett
President Andrew Jackson, from Tennessee
Bush's Baked Beans, from Tennessee
The Music City, Nashville Tennessee
Moon Pies, Tennessee
Tow Trucks, Tennessee
The Manhatten Project was based in Tennesse
Krystal Burgers
Cotton Candy
Typewriters
(Src: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/tennessee/thirteen-tn-inventions/), (https://www.thefamouspeople.com/tennessee.php)

Kentucky:
Henry Clay, The Great Compromiser from Kentucky
Abraham Lincoln
Daniel Boone
The Kentucky Derby...
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Traffic Lights
Cheeseburgers
Jif Peanut Butter
Corvettes
Post-it notes
The Happy Birthday song
Bourbon
Mother's Day

Sources: (https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/kentucky/inventions-ky/), (https://www.kentuckytourism.com/tra...kentuckians/political-military-social-leaders)

Wow. I've gone my whole life living in Kentucky and didn't realize that JIF peanut butter was invented here.

Truly, one of the greatest inventions of our time. :D

Rf7276132e052b0390063447a9fa69daa

In all seriousness, that's pretty cool. Some interesting history. I didn't realize Typewriters and Krystals came from Tennessee!

June Second is Native American day. I'm pretty sure they have their own month, but it overshadow's their special day. Therefore Native American Day gets to go on the "Celebration of the less common days" list!

Native Americans are MASSIVELY important. As most of you know, things like corn wouldn't be in Europe and The United States may not exist if not for Native Americans. While we took land from them, the past is the past, and all we can do now is show some respect for the sacrifices they have made.

I would also like to bring attention to the crime pandemic taking place on Reservations. Like many poor communities, Reservations are stuck in a cycle. The young get into drugs, grow up, have kids, and their kids get into drugs. Reservations are struggling to keep violent crimes and drug crimes under control. How can you help end this cycle? Call or write your local government and tell them to help, if reservations are in your state, or have them tell their superiors about the situation.

Thank you!

June Third.​

Corpus Christi day. This is a Christian (Catholic) holiday that honors Jesus' sacred body. It is celebrated by decorating The Church, and eating bread and having communion.

In Florida, today is a holiday to celebrate Jefferson Davis' birthday.

Jefferson Davis was the President of The Confederate States of America. Davis brought attention to the deep wounds in America during his time, and he helped keep The South's government as close to The Union's government as possible, with even more power to the states.

June 6th

D-Day: June 6th, 2021 marks the 77th anniversary. There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said, but I'll repeat what we already know: The men that stormed the beaches of Normandy were heroes. Put yourself in their shoe. This is an RP website, so I'll write it out.

The soldier stood in line, one among 32 men from all over the nation packed into this small transport boat, headed straight for a heavily defended beach. All of them were nobodies...farmers, grocery store workers, small business owners. But each one of them had joined the army, ready to fight for freedom. They knew where they were going. They knew what was going to happen, but nothing could mentally prepare them for the battle to come.

Any minute now the whistle would blow and the gates would drop. The men would pour out, straight into a hail of bullets and explosions.

The soldier thought of home. His small Kentucky farm where his wife and two children lived. His aging mother and father. They had cried when he told them he was joining the army. His dad saw the horrors of The Great War and begged him to not join, but it was too late. Now, the soldier regretted his decision.

But it was too late for regrets. He was fighting for his family, so they could continue to have freedom and safety every day. He may die but if he does, he can die knowing he did his part.

The gates opened.

So. I actually came very close to deleting that because it seems extremely corny, and it's not new information. But I had written it already and didn't want to delete it, so I'll post and hopefully it gets the point across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom