Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private CDS: Order 5

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
Recipient: Yula Perl Yula Perl
Start: Horizon Tech Garage, Terminus
At: Hydian Way [ Hyperlane ]
Finish: Horizon Tech Garage, Denon

The courier continued to spin in the chair of the his newly bought, relatively ancient, Plug-6. This ship's design was from the long since passed Cold War. What it lacked in modern amenities it made up for in spirit! Simple systems, robust hull, and enough space to hold the cargo he was use to hauling. Ding an alert popped up on a screen to his right which was hooked up to the holonet "Hm..mhm..." he muttered to himself as he read the order message from his holostore front. It had been quite sometime since he had an order as large as this "That's like-" he began to count on his fingers then looked up at the ceiling of the ship "89 Grand? Nova!" he pressed a few keys on the screen and it sent a confirmation message to Yula Perl Yula Perl that Comet's Delivery Service was in.

Ru stood up from the chair and went into the larger open space of his cargo hold/entry way and began to move a few repulsor carts to the side and fastened them together so they wouldn't jostle around. Once he was finished he went over to his bag which he had tossed in the corner a few days prior "No job is complete without my good luck charms!" he chuckled to himself and went back into the cockpit. A few moments later Ru stepped back to admire his arrangement. A signed and highly collectible Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe pre-Senate bobblehead posed to give the viewer double finger guns, the inscription along the rich red were Money finds a way. A patriotic picture of Julius Loghain Julius Loghain and the signature slogan Dragon Energy sat below the bobblehead's base "We have another date with destiny boys!" he dropped into the seat and took hold of the flight controls, the sublight engines roared in the deep void of neutral space. As he put the coordinates for Terminus into the navigational system he flipped his head forward. The visor slid down and began to display the relevant navigational data to him as well as reported Patrol vessels.

Dozens of distant star's light streaked over the courier's visor as the starship entered Hyperspace along the venerable Hydian Way.

Several hours later...

"Lets go team!" he clapped several times and cheered on the apathetic cargo droids as they made their laborious possession in and out of the small freighter to load it with Yula's packages. He had landed out of view of the main starports of the area so that his business was conducted in relative privacy. As the last droid moved away from the ship Ru gave them a two fingered salute, the ramp swiftly shutting which plunged the cargo hold into darkness save the light that came through the cockpit's viewports. Ru took his seat and turned on the primary power, flipped the repulsor projectors to their Lift Off settings, retracted the landing gear, and directed the ascending starship to a 25 degree angle. Ru wiggled down into his chair and with a smile of pure joy his right hand slammed the accelerator to the end of its track causing the light freighter to shoot through the air while its engines screamed.

"Unidentified vessel! You are in violation of-" came a voice that was silenced by Ru pressing the Mute All on his communication terminal "Boop." in a few moments there would be Spaceport Authorities all over his starship unless he continued his course out of the planet's atmosphere. The sheer weight of his speed citations from around the galaxy was enough to crush a Gundark, and he wasn't fixing to pay them on Terminus either! Blue light turned to coal as Ru's starship left low orbit and blazed a path into High Orbit where he would be able to get back onto the Hydian Way.

Orange flashes lit up the interior of his ship "Woah!" his head shot over to his left side where he saw large bolts of superheated plasma racing into the endless expanse of space "Why are you shooting?! Its just a ticket- ACK!" he yanked the ship into a barrel roll as previously unseen freighter came into view. The small starship nimbly dodged under then back into the intended path "This is why you don't paint starships black!" he shouted in a mixture of intense fear and agitation. Meanwhile the bobble head continued to give him nods of suave confidence.

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
As the courier went under the black painted container freighter the Starport Authority inceptor pulled up and over the same vessel. Sensory data feeding to his helmet alerted him that the interceptor was still pursuing him. Ru looked up and saw two more bolts of orange plasma streak down towards his starship, only to narrowly avoid them from forward speed alone. Ru Comet looked towards his navigational terminal and tapped on it with his fingers for a moment as his right hand tightly gripped the flight controls "Just keep moving it can't catch you." he said to himself as he looked forward again and held onto the flight controls with both hands then let his right fall on the lever to activate his hyperdrive engine.

The small freighter lurched as Ru pressed the lever upward and the hyperdrive activated. For a moment he felt a rush of excitement as well as serene tranquility as he entered hyperspace on the Hydian Way. The familiar molted blue and black fielded corridors of hyperspace was a sight he had grown accustomed to seeing. And while there were Interdictor warships in the hands from everyone from navies to cartels he still had the feeling of being relatively untouchable here. The courier sagged in his seat and sighed "Well that could've gone worse couldn't it?" he looked towards his mementos. Ru unbuckled the harness holding him in the seat and let his visor slide upwards back into the helmet.

If he was caught in the mass shadow of a planet or other celestial body somehow not marked along the Hydian Way he would've been dead before he realized it so safety equipment really wasn't a concern of his. Ru stretched his back then turned side to side then went to a cabinet which held a variety snacks in a locker. He pulled out a few strips of Bantha jerkey and popped one of the salted meats into his mouth.

Time passes
Ru had by this time had long since been back in the cockpit and prepared to enter realspace. The small starship dropped out of hyperspace and he gave a quick look around to make sure he wasn't in danger of colliding with another ship as he activated his sub-light engines "Denon, Comet's Delivery Service requesting landing permissions for one Plug-6." he spoke into a microphone from within his helmet "Plug-6, Denon Orbital, stand by." a man's voice reported back with a prompt tone. After a few moments of a slow burn towards the high orbit of Denon the same voice returned "Plug-6, Denon Orbital, permission granted. Landing Pad Senth. Approach clear, precipitation in atmosphere. Safe flying Plug-6, Denon Orbital out." Ru looked towards his comm terminal with a halfway surprised and impressed expression "Well that guy was nice." he hadn't met a lot of controllers who were so succint and not a droid. Ru pulled on the accelerator and the sub-light engines brightened as they propelled the starship forward with increasing speed until the courier was being pressed through Denon's atmosphere wreathed in orange flames blasting against the hull. As the starship plummeted towards the planet's surface he pulled up in a steady arc until he was soaring above the tops of Denon's many skyscrapers. Rain droplets rolled off the cockpit's large windows. The telltale spotlights of the starport came into view and he relunctantly slowed his speed for landing.

Once he had come over top of the Starport's rip he lowered the Plug-6 down onto the clearly marked Landing Pad Sentth. Once he felt the landing gear press down onto the duracrete he undid the harness, rotated the chair, and turned on the holocomm. His shoulders upward were displayed to Yula Perl Yula Perl "Hey there! Comet's Delivery Service, I have your package at the space port. Wasn't sure if you had a landing pad or not. I'm at pad Senth. I have some moving equipment. Do you want me to wait for you or do you want me to move it to your place? I have some repulsor pads and a speederbike I can use to bring you your stuff. It is raining though but the packages are waterproofed."

The first thing Ru would see was the Zeltron’s head, still on her pillow, eyes squinting from the bright light.

“Hnng…hwha….”

Dark brows creasing in irritation, she rubbed a hand over her face before sending it up and through her messy hair, pushing it back. Confusion made itself plain on her face, and it took her a full half minute to comprehend what was happening. First she recognized Ru, then she remembered the delivery.

“Thought it was…hnn, next week?” Bringing up her calendar on the other projector with a lethargic hand, she squinted at the date. Nope, she’d written it down correctly—it just slipped her mind.

“Oh.”

Ohhhhh.

“Chit, yeah. Sorry, I forgot that was today!”

She was up in a flurry of bed sheets, rushing around the room, putting on pants, throwing her hair into a bun—all in view of the poor delivery guy.

“I’ll meet you at the port—got some droids that can help with the heavy lifting.”

The signal cut out.

Half an hour later, a mildly disheveled Zeltron would be seen jogging towards Senth landing pad. A short distance away, two Goro droids lumbered behind her. Though the ursine bots were docile, they still managed to garner a few wary glances from travelers and merchants alike. Other brushed right past them, utterly used to the weirdness of Denon’s underworld.

Ru Comet Ru Comet

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
Ru let go of his holocomm as it hovered before him and he took off his helmet then held it under an arm as the Zeltron seemed to have forgotten the delivery date. When she corrected herself he gave a stiff nod along with a friendly smile "Yep! No problem. And its all here just waiting for you at the Spaceport!" whenever Ru saw that she had popped up out of her bed without pants he averted his eyes to the side to look at an extremely boring repair droid sweeping dust in the rain then when the transmission was cut he grabbed the device and put it on a minimalist holster on his hip. With time to spare he leaned up against the entry way of the extremely small light freighter and began his wait.

By the time half an hour passed Ru was entertaining himself by throwing a disc of some sort that returned to him after traveling a short distance away. On one of these routine throws he saw Yula jogging towards him and the two large droids behind her "What the Hutt are those?" he had never seen those kind of droids before and it showed on his face. He didn't catch the disc this time and it bumped into his chest then fell to the ramp. Ru lifted a hand in greeting to Yula Perl Yula Perl whenever she drew closer "Nice to see you again, I loaded all the stuff onto a skiff one moment and I'll pull it out." he picked up the disc with a fluid motion and entered the starship. A moment later he pushed a hovercart of all the packages down the ramp then looked over to the Zeltron "Are you sure your droids can handle it? I don't mind loaning this if you need it. Besides I'm gunning for that listed bonus!"

Upon her approach, Yula gave Ru a wide, sheepish smile and a wave.

“Good to see you again, Mr. Heartbeat. Sorry ‘bout the wait.” She ran a hand through her hair, gathering the stray strands at the back of her head. Stepping back while Ru brought the hovercart down the ramp, she let down her hair then tied it back up again—this time neater.

“Oh, they can handle it. And you’ll get your bonus.” She waved off his concern. “We’ll be taking…the back way. They’re good for protection.” The pair of Goro droids, having finally caught up, gazed owlishly at the man and his hovercart of packages, whining to each other in low melodic droid speak. “I designed them to protect civilians, most for villages in the ‘rim that have pirate problems. But they work just as well in the underworld, heh.” She patted the metallic arm of the bot closest to her.

The group made their way through the backstreets of Denon, with Yula leading them through the twists and turns of the alleys. “By the way, thanks for taking the job, Ru. I’ve been meaning to move my shop from Terminus to Denon for a while, get back to business, y’know?”

Ru Comet Ru Comet

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
Looked once more to the droids and their large frames then to Yula Perl Yula Perl as she assured him that he would be receiving his bonus payment "Alright then." he'd walk along with her and the droid entourage through the backstreets of Denon. The alleyways didn't concern him nor did the rather shady character of it all, he was a son of Nar Shaddaa after all! Ru had his hands folded over his chest as they walked "Totally understand. Not a whole lot happening out there. Really most of my business happens towards the Tingle Arm or the Core. I think I've only been out that way twice, including this job. Besides no need to thank me! I love this job. Nothing better."

As they were walking he pulled out a small datapad and began tapping away at it "Sometimes I get these ridiculous requests. People try to haggle the price to nearly nothing and try to trade 'influence' pff... can't buy a Bantha burger off influence. Can't get a new Hyperdrive either." he paused and then considered that last part "Nix that, you can but that's some real influence to get a free Hyperdrive off someone's rep." he went back to looking at the datapad then started scrolling "I kid you not I've had a request to haul 100,000 Tier 3 canisters. Some real megafreight shipments. Had to tell the guy that there is no way I could handle all that. I'm a courier haha!" he began to laugh then put the datapad away "Would've been nova credits but still didn't have space. My ship is smaller than it was back then. I like to think its more low profile." he pushed his hand out mimicking something 'smooth' gliding over the air "Nobody thinks a centuries old refurbish is hauling cutting edge tech." he put his hand down then shrugged gleefully "Honestly I wouldn't even know. Part of my business is not opening customer's shipments - well unless they ask like you did - so I get these unmarked packages of varying size and boom! Credits."

‘Protection’ in this case meant ‘not being seen’. Yula had dumped a cup of hot caf on the portmaster’s son a few weeks ago after rejecting his unsavory advances, and the Zeltron was still catching heat for it.

As Yula lead them through a maze of alleys, the large droids would compact themselves to accommodate the more narrow passages, effectively sucking their guts in and making themselves temporarily taller. “Ugh, don’t get me started on those influencing people.” Her face contorted into a sneer. “Some guy with fancy hair and clean clothes wanted me to boost his new speeder for free. Threw a fit when I said no, something about his thousands of followers.” She waved her hand through the air, waggling her fingers to mimic the effects of fairy dust. “Told him I would much rather eat this week than do a couple thousand credit job for…what was it? Exposure. Yula snorted. “Exposure from some guy I’ve never heard of.”

She whistled lowly as Ru rattled off one of the more grandiose requests he’d received. “That’s big credits, man. Guess he didn’t check your holonet site first, huh? Kinda makes you wonder what was in those 100,000 canisters.”

The tight corridors would open up to a merchant street, with the Zeltron leading them to a compact two-story building sandwiched in between an awful deli and an awful pawn shop.

“Here she is-“ Yula popped the grate, sending the shutter upwards. The duracrete room had a few speeders resting to the side of one wall, a handful of scattered parts beside them. Other than that, it was relatively barren.

“Good to know you don’t make it a habit to ask about what you’re haulin’—I bet that’s a part of why you stay in business.” She winked, stepping over the threshold of her new garage. “Once I get this set up and running, I can start doing this more frequently. Sort of starting from scratch, don’t think my rep will carry over from the other side of the galaxy.” Yula snorted, thinking of the few dedicated customers she’d left behind. Part of relocating meant building up her name again by her own hand.

Hoisting one of the smaller packages in her grasp, she began to unwrap the waterproofing. “How long you been in this business, anyhow?”

Ru Comet Ru Comet

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
"Yikes." Ru replied with an audible grimace as Yula Perl Yula Perl spoke about her run in with a customer who wanted to pay via 'exposure'. When the new shop front was opened up the courier looked from one building to the next then back to the shop "I'm guessing the location was cheap?" he asked in a good natured joke. As she began to unpack the packages so did Ru "I like to think its my charm and fast delivery times bbbbuuuttt yeah its probably the not asking so many questions. Anyhow your shop will probably do fine. My prices are fair but moving all this here wasn't cheap. If you could afford the move and the location you're probably amazing at the whole swoop thing." he waved towards the series of vehicles parked inside of the duracrete building.

The Zeltron's last question caught him by surprise and he silently continued to unpack the shipment from the cargo skiff "You know? I don't really remember. I think its been about year or so now?" he gave a short shrug "Don't really keep count. Though if it was really only one year then I've done a lot more than I thought I ever could in it." he took another package and began to do the bindings on it as well "You know that superpower the New Imperial Order? Yeah I've met the top brass for them doing a job. Been on a Sith battlecruiser to. Delivered in a warzone. Gone through Unknown Space where there were no Hyperlanes. Oh and won the pageant!" he tacked on with a thumbs up

“Har har.” She gave the courier a playful punch to the arm. “You ‘aint wrong, though. Rent’s not too bad in this part of town.” Crime was, though—fortunately Ru didn’t seem bothered by their sketchy surroundings in the least.

“That’s the hope!” Yula lifted a box of spanners, nearly dropped it, and set it atop the durasteel work table. “Business on Terminus was pretty steady. Figured once I start working droid repairs into the whole thing, can cover a wider market.” She shrugged. “I made a few small-time sales in the ‘rim for droids and vehicles, but given all the conflict in the core—who knows, maybe I can score a big contract or two, eh?” Having opened the box and rummaged around inside, she spent a few moments twirling one of the more well-loved hydrospanners between her fingers before setting it down.

As Ru gave her the brief version of his escapades, Yula let out a low whistle. “Working for the Imps and the Sith? Smart man. You know what they say; if you can’t make money during a war, then you just can’t make money!” She let out a short laugh, organizing the spanners into the drawers of the table. She’d been involved against the Sith, on and off since her ‘rim days. She was glad that their power had waned, but privately confident that they’d lurk in the shadows before surging to power once more.

“That’s a lot to do in a year, yeah? I’m guessing you like to keep busy.” Reaching for another box, she sliced the binding with the sharp durasteel of her fingernail implants. “How’d that work out for you, by the way? Any new business come your way from being Mr. Heartbeat?”

Ru Comet Ru Comet

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
Ru smiled as she gave him the playful punch on the arm and commented about his doing business between the Imperials and the Sith "When you're right you're right! Keeps fuel in the tank. I don't really care for their politics ya know?" he straightened up and put his hands on his hips as she asked about his current business "Honestly? No, not really. Aside from this job. Doesn't seem like any big names really need anything taken around much anymore. At one point business was booming now its eh...well you get the point." the truth was he was hopeful that his high profile dealings would've carried his reputation further but really that hadn't seemed to materialize.

The courier motioned towards the exit with a thumb "Well I don't have anywhere else to be and most of this seems sorted out. Want to swing by a cantina and get something?"

Yula Perl Yula Perl

With the last of the boxes unloaded, Yula wiped her hands on the thick fabric of her work pants. She gave Ru a half-smile, knowing how the galactic tides became either be a bane or a boon for business.

“Ah, that’s how it goes. Hopefully things shift in our favor soon, yeah?”

Her gaze followed his thumb towards the exit while her head slowly tilted into a nod. “Sounds about right, yeah. Don’t know about you, but I think we’ve earned ourselves a drink!”

With the job done, they'd set out for the local cantina as a reward for their hard work.

Ru Comet Ru Comet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom