Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Cauterizing Garrote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Image Source:N/A

Intent: To create a more efficient garrote for the discerning assassin

Development Thread: As needed

Manufacturer: Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery

Model: N/A

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: No

Production: Production: Minor.

Material: Semi-conductive wire, power cells, insulated grips to go around the power cells, solder, maybe a commlink dangle for style

Classification: Garrote

Size: Two handed

Length: 30 cm of wire, 10cm each for the grips

Weight: <1kg

Special Features: It's a garrote, but it gets hot enough to cauterize as it cuts. Less messy that way

Description: Alright, so the cauterizing garrote works on the same principles as a vape, or vaporizer. For the uninitiated, it's basically a box or a tube with (a) battery(ies) that sends a current through wire coils. The coils heat up the vape juice, producing a thick cloud of vapor, which is then inhaled in lieu of tobacco smoke.

I got bored one day and decided to see what would happen if I hooked up a length of wire about 8 inches long instead of the usual coils. It glowed red hot, and I burned the piss out of my arm when it got too hot and started to droop. Don't try this at home, kids.

Anyway, the cauterizing garrote is basically just 30cm of wire with a positive lead of the power cell hooked up to one end and a negative on the other. Hit a button and the circuit is completed, allowing the wire to get hot enough to cauterize as it cuts through the target's neck. This should dramatically reduce arterial spray, which is messy and difficult to clean up, and will also keep the jugular, which is less dramatic but just as effective in draining blood, from leaking all over the place. Bloodflow is still cut off to the brain, which is pretty much the point of the thing.

While the device is effective, there are some drawbacks, most of them related to the heat it throws off. Though wire can be quite strong, if you heat it up too much or two often, you're going to weaken it, and it will break. If you accidentally make the wire touch itself, it'll short circuit, which runs the risk of destroying the power cells and your hands. You also run the risk of burning yourself if you're not careful. And finally, it will tend to glow until submerged in the neck, something that can alert a passing guard to your presence.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

There isn't a problem with the workings of the Sub, but could you clean it up some.

Rusty said:
Production: Production: Minor. Mass production would be easy, but I don't have the equipment for it. However, it takes about five minutes to whip one up from scratch.
Just put Minor Production

Rusty said:
Development Thread: Uh, I just sort of figured this one out while building coils for my vape. At home. On the couch.
Just change to As Needed or None

Rusty said:
Affiliation: N/A
Should be Open Market (If you like) or Your Company, or whatever Faction will have access to it. I normally make mine by my company as a preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom