Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Cause and Kiffex | GA Dominion of Kiffu and Kiffex

GaWbt4B.png

Ava Cartwright-Pryce Ava Cartwright-Pryce | Amani Serys Amani Serys
GAPostBreaker.png

Coruscant
Jedi Temple - Medical Wing

The mirialan shot Gabe a wink.

Gabe felt the heat rise to his cheeks. Blasted woman. Gabe crossed his arms over his chest and scowled at the ground, mumbling about trouble finding him and wanting to be out with the other Padawans. He wasn't the only Padawan that had been hurt that day. He'd seen Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo with a bandage around her knee a few days ago and a few other Padawans with injuries. He'd heard someone had even lost a hand. Even still, they were all out and about doing missions or training.

Meanwhile, he had nothing to do but "Meditate" all day. It seemed that both his master and the Chief Healer were conspiring to keep him as bored as possible.

He looked over at his mother for support but only found an annoyingly knowing look on her face with a glimmer of mischief in her eyes.
Blast.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
IVI IVI | Valery Noble Valery Noble

The skepticism didn't abide when Valey confirmed they could cleanse the planet.

"I suppose I have to differ to you in this matter, Master Jedi." Arage finally said before gently waving her hand. "I merely believe it would be better to turn the planet to dust, instead of putting our resources on the line to restore a planet that has been a source of constant misery for the Galaxy." After all, this wasn't the first time Exagol had become a problem and something told the Queen that even if they managed to 'heal' it?

It would continue to be a source of malaise long after they all turned to ash themselves.

Her feelings were opposite about the Maw's military assets and shipyards however.

Why not preserve them for the greater good? It would strengthen their hand against the New Imperial Order. Anyone that believed that sleeping giant would remain in stasis... well, they didn't know the true mind of an Imperial.

Arage didn't voice this.

Part of her recognized that her instincts were compromised. Whatever Noble said, the Queen wanted to counter with the opposite opinion, which was beyond petty. No, better to create some distance from this infernal Jedi and then go over the notes again. This would hopefully offer her some presence of mind.

"I am not very familiar with the individuals on the Jedi Council, Master Noble. Are they pragmatic individuals? Or do you believe they might raise heated arguments against this of action?"

The sound of a knock made Amani snap back around. The locum tenens? There was a brief moment where she had to pull the memory out, but once she did, her eyes lit up, "Oh! Thank you. I'll be right out." She then turned to both Gabe and his mother and sheepishly shrugged, "Duty calls. Again, it was great to meet you! And I'll be just outside if you need anything at all." With one last smile and a small wave, she took her leave, heading over to the nurse's station as directed.

The chief healer arrived dusting down her clothes, looking up and doing a double take at the figure she saw, "Holy- Oh wow! Samara Raine?" She blurted out with some shock, immediately reining herself in, "S-sorry. Amani Serys. I don't know if you remember me, but we worked together on Velmor some years back." Back when young Amani had just been a padawan, and healer in training. For Samara it was likely just another mission, but it had been quite the experience for the mirialan, "I uh- Helped you deliver a baby."

Last edited:
"I know my duty, Madame Chancellor," the old duros grimaced, "Do not forget yours."

Senator Stazi's gaze swept across the rotunda. He spoke not just to Auteme Auteme now.

"Appeasement may have placated our tyrannical neighbors for a time but those days are ending. Should it serve Imperial interests, lies serve as well as truths. Fel's subjects will believe whatever pretext for war their new masters conjure. It is their creed never to question."

Weary eyes closed. Many had spoken in the resolution's favor, some with more conviction than others. Perhaps a few could be molded into useful allies for the political war to come. Mazik hoped it would be enough. Their Alliance's soul depended on it.

"We must all place our trust in this Senate's will to do what is necessary. Galactic inequity is beyond our remit, yet the Iron Rancor looms, and a line must be drawn at sovereign Alliance worlds. If the Empire no longer respects our law, they will respect our resolve instead."

Last edited:
When it raines, it pours.

GaWbt4B.png

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Medical Wing

Amani Serys Amani Serys

PNA6QaR.png

Samara had been checking messages on her iComm as she waited for the Chief Healer when a voice blurted out the Jedi doc's name. Sea green orbs gazed upward from the personal communication device to find a familiar-looking Mirialan walking up to the nurse's station.

Wow, she grew up, or am I just getting old? she mused while slipping the comlink back into her long tunic jacket's pocket.

"Of course, Amani, I remember you and that specific day. How could I not... Delivering babies can be a challenge, to begin with. But, under fire by mercenary Mandalorians well that's a whole other matter," Sam winked knowingly, then added with a warm smile gracing her face.

"I knew you were gifted in the healing arts as a padawan and would someday become a great healer... Congratulations on getting the Chief Healer nod, Amani. I'm sure it is well-deserved and earned from the looks of things around here. I hope my services can be of some relief to you in the coming days and weeks."

Amani chuckled a bit, excited to hear that Samara was already well aware of who she was, “Yeah, I uh, try to forget that last part. But it's wonderful to see you again.” That had been one of the earliest encounters she had with any Mandalorians. It hadn’t really given the best impression.

The senior doctor’s compliments made the mirialan blush. Samara was one of the few other dedicated healers she had actually gotten to work with out in the field during her Silver days, and that alone was enough to make her opinion highly valued. It gave her a sense of pride in her accomplishments, “I- Thank you. I appreciate it. It can be… overwhelming, but… I’m trying to do the title justice.” Amani smiled sheepishly, “Your expertise is invaluable, I’ll be more than happy to have you on board. I won’t lie, we’re pretty short staffed, and it’s especially hard at times like these. But- we can all make each other’s lives a bit easier just by helping.”

"What have you been up to anyway? Surely you didn't come all the way to Coruscant just for me, eh?"

GaWbt4B.png

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Medical Wing

Amani Serys Amani Serys

PNA6QaR.png
“Your expertise is invaluable, I’ll be more than happy to have you on board. I won’t lie, we’re pretty short staffed, and it’s especially hard at times like these. But- we can all make each other’s lives a bit easier just by helping.”
"Indeed. Indeed we can," Sam nodded in agreement. Teamwork was a must in their line of work, plus supporting each other through all the ups and downs of saving and losing patients, friends, and colleagues. She only knew it too well.
"What have you been up to anyway? Surely you didn't come all the way to Coruscant just for me, eh?"
"Well, I took a leave of absence from the Silver Circle a couple or so years ago, and have been doing humanitarian work in the Scar Worlds as a physician and surgeon with a non-profit galactic organization ever since. My NGO contract just finished up so I was looking for my next job when I saw an ad in the Galactic Journal of Medicine for a Locum Tensas position on Coruscant. When I inquired about it, they said the job was at the Jedi temple of all places... I just knew the Force had willed it to be so here I am," the Liann smiled, then asked with respect.

"When would you like me to start, Chief Healer Servys? I'm cool with nights if that is where you need me most or wherever really. I'm easy, just not cheap," the Jedi doc quipped lightly.

Last edited:
"No kidding. I did something similar actually, mostly working in the Outer Rim," Amani smiled. Temple work was well and good, but the experience she gained traveling across the galaxy was transformative. It was important to see the impact they could have on those lesser off. "I'll have to give the Force my thanks, then."

"As for when, I'd say as soon as you're able. Nights would be a lifesaver, actually, if you're planning on staying in or near the temple."
Any time the workload got busier, Amani's sleep schedule fell into complete shambles. Caffeine had become a necessity just to keep up. "The only other specialized healer we have right now is a padawan. I'd hate to ask her to make that kind of transition." Truth be told she hated asking it of Samara as well, but at least she was fully-trained and experienced adult.

GaWbt4B.png

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Medical Wing

Amani Serys Amani Serys

PNA6QaR.png
"There is nothing better than getting real-world experience. It makes one grow both as a person and a skilled medical provider not to mention as a Jedi too. I know doing so has greatly affected me in that way," Sam nodded wholeheartedly in agreement.

"Really, only one apprentice healer in the pipeline? That is unfortunate. Well then, it's settled. I will gladly take on the management of patient care at night as we can't have the Chief Healer running only on caffeine... And I think it best for me to stay in-house here at the temple for ease and availability in case of an emergency," the blonde added, then she reached down and picked up her doctor bag and flashed a lopsided grin.

"I can start now. Just need a quick in-service and I'll be ready to hit the floor."

GaWbt4B.png

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Medical Wing

e5cSjzW.png
The sound of a knock made Amani snap back around. "Oh! Thank you. I'll be right out." She then turned to both Gabe and his mother and sheepishly shrugged, "Duty calls. Again, it was great to meet you! And I'll be just outside if you need anything at all." With one last smile and a small wave, she took her leave, heading over to the nurse's station as directed.
"And you, Amani... Thanks again for all you've done for Gabriel," Ava offered in farewell to Amani Serys Amani Serys with continued appreciation before the Chief Healer slipped out of the room.

She then gazed over to Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce , who was all huffy and puffy not hearing what he wanted to hear about his timeline for getting back to his friends and all things Jedi. The attitude was understandable. Goldie only knew it too well from her own time recuperating after the EVA. The former Rogue desperately wanted to get back into the cockpit to prove herself again and for everything to be normal. It never was... The young padawan would have to learn there would be a new normal, and patience was golden in these things. The latter was a virtue after all, or so the pilot was told.

"Gabe... I understand you are anxious to get back into things pronto, but take it from someone who came back too soon, wait. Do what you need to do to get strong both physically and in here..." Ava pointed to her golden head and then her heart. "before racing back out there to save the galaxy," she smiled with a pleading tenderness etched in her steely blues, then added after a thoughtful moment.

"You know when you were a young boy, you always came to me when you were scared or something was bothering you... and we worked it out together. If you ever want or need to talk about what happened or something else going on, I have that same listening ear and comforting hug just like before. I can't believe you're growing up so fast before my eyes though... Stop it, okay? At least until tomorrow," she quipped lightly, ruffling her son's dark hair lovingly the only way mothers can.

Gods he needs a good haircut.

Last edited:

“I felt the same way with my time.” Having those mirroring experiences was a nice way to connect, especially having not seen Samara in years otherwise.

She was surprised to hear just how few staff they had on hand, and Amani confirmed as much with a nod, “Like I said, manpower is… lacking. There is another padawan actually, but she’s… missing…” The mirialan frowned, but made a quick transition back to their current matters.

“That sounds perfect. I can’t thank you enough for the help.” Samara was ready to go, which worked just fine for her. Maybe Amani would actually get a full night’s rest tonight, “Of course! It’s a pretty simple layout, so shouldn’t take long to get used to.” She gestured to the lobby in front of them, “Our medical droids can help too, if you ever forget something or just need an extra hand when no one else is around.” Then to the door behind the nurses station, “Staff lounge and offices are back there, by the way, if you wanna store up any of your things and start getting a feel for the place.”

GaWbt4B.png

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Medical Wing

Amani Serys

PNA6QaR.png
The slight hesitation in answering and the fleeting frown upon the Mirialan's face told Samara all she needed to know. One of their own had gone missing in action, perhaps in the last skirmish. There wasn't much that the Jedi doc could do about it in the long term, but in the short, well there was quite a lot actually.

"I am sorry to hear of our fellow healer's predicament. I wish them a speedy and healthy return. In the meantime, I will take up as much slack as possible. It's the least I can do," she conveyed with an understanding nod.

With a quick logistical tour given verbally, Samara was pretty much ready to take over the care of the patients remaining in the medical wing and any new ones that came in during the night shift.

"Great. Thank you. I've worked with many medical droids before... In fact, my companion droid should be here any moment, unless he got distracted on his way back to the ship to retrieve something for me... " the blonde looked down at her wrist chrono a bit frustrated, and then to the mechanical doors. Nope, nada. Her blue-green orbs flicked back to the chief healer.

"Well anyways, Stitcher is an IM-6 battlefield medical droid who's been with me since I first became a field doctor with the Silver Circle. He is a very good clinician and is usually reliable so please, go have a well-deserved rest, Amani, and I'll see you in the morning for grand rounds, hmm?"

Samara flashed a confident smile, then turned and walked towards the lounge to find a locker to stash her things and change into a pair of her preferred scrubs for hospital work.

No matter what outfit she wore though, her healing amulet was always worn around her neck along with a small locket that held a holo of Tyrell Caphey Tyrell Caphey . Even though the two hadn't seen each other for quite some time, the Tarisan still remained in her heart. The former Antarian Ranger now turned private security contractor was somewhere out on the Rim doing what he does best with his men. Duty... It's what fueled them both, unfortunately.

A double rap on the lounge door and the voice of the ward secretary brought the Jedi Knight out of her musings.

"Hey, Doc... You have a new patient to evaluate out here. Exam Room Two... It's down the hall and to the right. And, they're puking which means that's my cue for me to go home. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya," the older woman smirked, then skedaddled out of there to go rethink her life, but most likely she would return tomorrow as the ward secretary was a sucker for tall, dark, and handsome Jedi plus the caf was pretty good.

Sam just shook her golden head and slipped on a white doctor's coat over the top of her blue scrubs, then grabbed her purple colored-stethoscope off the top shelf of the locker, wrapping it around her neck as she exited the lounge with a medscanner in the other hand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom