Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caught by the Learning Curve

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
Always over thinking things. That had always been something that had gotten the better of Aika, and it still remained that way. Over her time since arriving on Coruscant and joining the Jedi Order, Aika had spent plenty of time within the temple. After all, she certainly wasn't going to go racing across the galaxy looking for a fight, or be on the front lines of some galactic battle. It simply wasn't her. Hell, she had never even been in a fight before, not to mention the orange crystal she found in the caves of Illum still hung from around her neck meaning she still had no lightsaber. But with spending so much time in one place, on one planet, things change over time. Some are obvious, and seen by everyone. Others are far more subtle, and noticed by few. Unfortunately for her, she had become highly aware of many things going on around her. Not to mention Aika still did not have full control of her own telepathic abilities, which seemed to be increasing on their own which only made it harder for her to gain a hand on it. Such a problem for such a young knight. Yet, there were other things that bothered her more.

During her many days spent in the Coruscant Temple, things began to happen. Without realizing it, Aika found herself questioning not only the Jedi and the Senate, but the Republic as a whole. Certain events either struck her wrong, or made her feel as if someone had a negative hand at work. Above all of those, were the 'treaty' wit the Sith and a Jedi becoming Chancellor. These were two things that weren't supposed to happen, especially the latter. It created questions within that she couldn't answer herself. Pushed by her need to find any sort of answer, there was one place that she could potentially find what she was looking for; the Great Library inside the temple.

That was where she now sat, staring at one of the computers as she repeatedly ran search after search in attempt to find any type of information. It was no secret that there had once before been a Jedi that held the position of Chancellor. That was what she searched for, any information on what had happened that forced them to institute the a law forbidding that from happening. Yet, it had somehow. "Come on. There has to be something within that gives me some sort of idea. But why can't i find it? Unless...it's been deleted. But why would someone do that? And who would have that kind of authorization?"

@[member="Selena Halcyon"]

The library in the Coruscant Temple was not an area that Selena Halcyon frequented much anymore. She had practically lived in the library on Tython when not honing her saber skills but ever since becoming a Knight she had barely spent time in either. Most of it was quickly passing through and snagging whatever information she needed specifically for a mission. As Grandmaster her role was rapidly changing. The altered responsibilities weighed upon her in a way that nothing had really before. For the longest time, even when she had lead the Shadows and been on the council, she had mostly been at the edge and her responsibilities were few aside from the removal of darkside artifacts and threats. Now she had to juggle an entire order and learn so much more about it.

Tiresome really. Even with her spare moments filled with meditation she did not seem to feel rested. Fatigue could not slow her down though, instead she went to the library to soak up more information. She needed to know how other Grandmasters of the past had handled the wars that they had been involved in. How did the likes of Satele Shan deal with a large Sith Empire? What about K'kruhk when dealing with the one Sith? These were the kinds of questions that she needed to find answers to.

@[member="Aika Kawakami"]

Aika Kawakami

Continuing to search and sift through the computer, Aika was beginning to become discouraged. It wasn't as if what she was looking for was some big huge secret, though perhaps if wasn't known to many that hadn't done their own research....okay. So it wasn't really research that she did. So she over heard another's thoughts and found out about the Jedi holding the position of Chancellor long ago. So what? True, it wasn't the best way to learn of something, but it wasn't as if she had done it on purpose. Nonetheless, trying to find information on one specific thing without any lead on where to look for it was like searching for a single crystal in whole star system. And it was starting to drive her mad.

Finally, after seemingly reaching a breaking point, she threw her hands up, grunting loudly as she allowed her head to fall to the desk before her. Which, of course, made quite the audible thud. Using her hands, she covered the back of head, as if trying to hide. Though, in actuality, it was simple out of frustration. "This is insane! How is anyone supposed to find anything in a system like this?! Better question is why did I think this was a good idea to begin with? But there has to be something in here. Even if someone tried to wipe it from existence there has to be something remnant of it. Then again, maybe I'm just fooling myself. Ugh....where are you when I need you Ike-sensei?" There she simply sat, pondering what to do next. And what a sight she must have been. Well, some knight she had turned out to be. In her first year on the job she had accomplished....nothing. Nothing at all.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"]

It appeared that the Master Librarian was no where to be found. A minor frustration really. In all honesty, Selena did not know the librarian very well. She intended to change that but the opportunities just seldom seemed to exist, and then moments like these the librarian was no where to be found. Alas, the other attendants also were not very recognizable from the others there. She would need to see that changed.

As she drifted through the library looking for resources she noticed few others in the library as well. Altogether this troubled Selena. There should have been a wealth of younger students who were in here learning about the past and present. She would have to get onto her students about this. The younglings were supposed to be in here actually. She filed away that information for later. Instead as she drifted she overheard the frustrated words of the Jedi Knight. She moved around the edge aisle. Despite knowing that she doubted she could offer much help, she said, "Do you need any aid."

(( I apologize the lateness. Somehow have overlooked this. @[member="Aika Kawakami"] ))

Aika Kawakami

Hearing a voice from elsewhere seemed to snap Aika from her fit. It also gave her an opportunity to vent. One that rarely presented itself. "Ugh...Well, you see, I was searching the archives for some information. But I guess that's a bit obvious. Anyway, I had...uh, heard that long ago, there was a Jedi who stood as Chancellor, such as we had not too long ago. But there had to be a reason, a true internal reason, why it was set so that it couldn't happen again. What happened that caused a stipulation to be put in place? And how did the council find a way to make it happen again? And why did they do such a thing? I feel that finding these answers could lead me to other answers that I seek. Though, with my luck, it'll probably raise more questions. Ah, my apologies. I'm simply putting all my own thoughts onto you. I don't even know who you are.."

Finally, after bearing most of her soul, Aika glanced up, only to lay eyes upon Selena Halcyon. Better known to most as the Jedi Grandmaster. Her eyes widened and mouth hung as she came to this realization.....she was screwed now. And may be about to be exiled. Oh geez...this was a fine mess now... "Halcyon-sama...."

(No worries. Stuff and things happen, @[member="Selena Halcyon"])

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom