Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am a son of the Mountain.
Concord Dawn
Camp Fatalitist ~ 0900 Hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVNIaod2hw​
Dismounting his speeder bike Zaz's music could be heard loud and clear. As it played he rocked his head to the song's beat. Though he appeared to be distracted by the music his eyes fell on Camp Fatalitist, the home of Clan Tal'verda. He looked over the small village that was composed of make shift tents and quickly erected structures. It wasn't much but it was home, for now.

Zaz turned back to his speeder, which had been outfitted with a trailer to follow behind the small bike. Filled in the trailer were several peremiter pikes, used to create an outer sensor field that would allow the Mandalorians to detect any unsanctioned entrance into their territory. He quickly planted one of the pike's into the ground before activating his comm unit.

"Vod'Ika. You picking up these sensors on your end?" His comm device was directed towards his younger sister, @Alice Tal'verda. While awaiting her response he activated the binocular function on his helmet, looking over the surrounding area.

[member="Kourin the Rat"] @Alice Tal'verda

Alice was lost in thought when Zaz's voice piped into her buy'ce, she had been tinkering with her Y-wing back at the camp, the port stabiliser had been acting acting up again. She swore that the next time this happened she was going to buy a proper replacement, but ever time she needed to something stopped her.

And now her brother was stopping her from even fixing the thing, "Yeah Zaz, I'm picking up the sensors."

She was about ready to chuck her hydrospanner into orbit, maybe she needed a break. "You need a hand out there? This di'kutla can'gal of mine is acting up again and I'm about ready to send it to the scrap heap."

[member="Zaz Tal'Verda"] [member="Kourin the Rat"]

How long had Kourin been here? He honestly wasn't sure any more, over four months easily. Between a busted communicator and attempting to find the meet up point with his crew, things had gone to the south side of a hutt. Scrambled coordinates were all he had to go on and without even a speederbike to his name so he had to resort to trekking across the planet by foot. Most Mandalorians would be fine and even thrive in this situation. But in his case, Kourins background from having grown up on the city planet of Nar Shadda led him to make several mistakes along the way. He had managed to completly loose his rations in the first week, but still had his blaster carbine and hold out blaster. His lacking experince in hunting lead to more then a few nights without proper food because of that loss.

All that and many other events ran through his mind as he crept through the dotted trees and brush in the forest, making little noise. He had heard something off in this direction not too long ago and he could have sworn it was music. As he neared the source of the sound the tree like started to thin greatly, the bushes becoming a bit more sparse but still thick enough to give good cover as he poked his head through them. The armor he wore was not Mandalorian, rather it was a type of light scout armor and was rather common in the galaxy. He took care of it as best he could, though with his situation that was not exactly saying much.

He arrived as Zaz started to speak on his comms but found himself unable to make out what was being said at this distance. He also spotted the large encampment that had been set up. This was a chance he could not pass up. A chance to sneak in and try to get more information and maybe patch up his broken comm unit. He actually suprised himself with the fact that stealing food or supplies had not even come to mind. 'Seems Malcom did hammer some manners into me, huh.' He thought to himself as he watched Zaz moving about. There was also the chance of just talking to the man he saw setting out sensor posts. Were it not for the entire situation of having no clue of what happend in the past four plus months since had last heard news, he would have considerd it. But for all he knew, these were invaders. So he chose to take his luck and do what he does best. Sneak past, slice in ad get any information he could, then leave. If he got caught, well, he would deal with that then.

He gauged the distance and strength of the sensor post, turning on his personal stealth field generator and going through the grass to slip by the perimeter that was being set up, heading for the camp. Kourin did not have the power in his generator to just keep it running all the time. That was one thing he had 'rationed' very carefully was his power charges for that paticular peice of tech. He was on his last one and it was starting to get low. Soon after sneaking past he would have to turn it off so he could have a bit of extra juice left for any close calls in the camp.

[member="Alice Tal'verda"] [member="Zaz Tal'Verda"]

Zaz could not help but exhale when he heard his sister mention the piece of trash she called her ship.

"I thought I told my men to scrap that thing." He muttered over the comm device before speaking in his full voice. "Nah I'm almost done out here, I'll be headed back to base in a little while." With that being said he closed out his comm unit, turning his attention to the sensors that had already been placed around the perimeter. Turning back to his speeder he grabbed one of the last of the nodes, making his way a ways away from the last node he placed into the ground. After planting the device into the ground he returned to his speeder bike, content with the sensor field they had erected for their base.

Mounting up on his speeder bike Zaz cut the engine back on, glancing over to Camp Fatalitist as he did. Revving the engine he turned the nose of his speeder towards the camp as he rode away from the perimeter.

With the perimeter secure Zaz's worries on their base being infiltrated or even having someone slip in were greatly diminished. Though there were still ways to slip through they would require a bit more work. "Alice. Meet me in the main hall." He spoke into the comm unit as his speeder entered the camp.

[member="Kourin the Rat"] [member="Alice Tal'verda"]

Karking hell, there's only one reason her brother would want want her in the hall, either he was about to scrap her baby or he thought someone he'd snuck into the camp, either way it would be for the best if she went armed.

"So ner vod." Alice said into her bucket's comm, "Who's coming to visit? And more importantly how much fun do I get to have once the get here?"

Alice holstered her pistol and then picked up her blaster, she thought for a moment before putting it back down, if Zaz wanted an intruder dead he would have just told her, she moved over to the toolbox and grabbed a large hammer, one heavy enough to knock the dents out of the Y-wing's armour. It was show time and she hated to disappoint.

[member="Zaz Tal'Verda"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

This was not worst job he had done before. There was what seemed like around fifty people in the camp when he arrived near the tents. Nowhere near as harrowing as some of his close calls on Jagga-Two at least, that was for sure. He waited a short while for twlight to set in, not having long to wait with it being later in the day. The sensors would be a pain on exfil, but he planned to slice himself a nice lttle 'hole' in the grid to sneak through.

That was at least the plan as he looked for a tent with a radio tower and the like set up. Carefully slipping into the crowd of tents as the light hit that awkward, long dark shadows but just barely light stage, he quietly and warily crept through the camp. He made little noise and kept his ears peeled, ready to activate his personal generator and duck for cover any second it became needed. As bad luck would have it, a wandering group started down near him, Kourin quickly dipping down amongst supplies and activating the cloak. They passed by round a corner mere moments later, before turning off and dissapearing from sight, Kourin quickly dropping the cloak. The powercell was down to a measly two percent. 'This is not karking good.' He thought, gritting his teeth. The communication tent, it was right there. He had simply to go for it. With a seeming lack of people around, he started for it, aiming to slip quickly and quietly on over after checking for anyone inside the tent.

[member="Alice Tal'verda"]

[member="Zaz Tal'Verda"]

Zaz had always found his younger sister to be a bit....eccentric. She was a hot-blooded Mandalorian just as he was, and though he was her elder in terms of years her skills with a ship and technology were leagues above anything he could accomplish. Though he still found her to be a bit much some days. When she approached him speaking of a visitor he replied to her with a brief raise of his brow. Though his helmet hid the gesture he was quick to state his mind. "What are you talking about? Listen, vod'ika. I just want you to go to the communications tent and make sure everything is up and running."

He gave a curt shake of his head before making his way out of the main hall. He called back to his sister over his comm device. "And put down that stupid hammer."

After making it out of the main hall Zaz turned back towards his speeder bike, curious to see if he had any extra sensor nodes left.

"Well that was, underwhelming, you had all excited over nothing." Alice sounded disapointed, she really needed to hit something, "You could'a just told me that instead of calling me to the only fortified building in the whole camp. Fine then oh glorious leader I'll go over to the tent."

Alice rolled her eyes under her buy'ce, she swore that sometimes he was misleading just so he could make her feel like an idiot, oh well that's what siblings were for after all and she'd have to think of a way to get him back, maybe dropping a 'dud' proton bomb near him sometime, that would make him fill his civvies.

The comms tent was quiet, probably because no one wanted such a boring job, not expecting anyone Alice threw open the tent door, only to notice a man hunched over one of the computers, now if she knew one thing for sure it was that this man had nothing to do with what they were doing here, she didn't recognise him in fact he wasn't even wearing proper beskar'gam, just some light kit.

To the man she tried to act friendly, as friendly as she could be with the hammer in both hands ready to swing "Who are you? You know you aren't supposed to be in here."

Through her helmet she spoke to her brother, "Hey Zaz you pick up any new tech guys? I just found someone poking around in the comms tent, I currently have him at hammer point."

[member="Zaz Tal'Verda"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

It had went smoothly so far and that was starting to make him nervous as his sliced into the comm systems and started searching for the needed information. It wasn't a lot that he needed, but he needed it regardless. [member="Alice Tal'verda"] opend the tent flaps just as he started to finish slicing the needed information.

"I am working, so i hope i am supposed to be here." He said blandly, thinking quickly so he could stall for time. Just a few more moments. "Checking over the flight records." Kourin had on purpose not turned around to face her besides a quick and short glance over his shoulder, spotting the rather menacing hammer. He would very much rather not be hit by that. Thankfully that was not likely to happen as the specific set of information he needed finished bieng sliced.

When it came to looking as if he was supposed to be here regardless of how he spoke with confidance or not, that was more of a question. He appeared like a young teenager in size and build, wirey and taut. Appearances in this case were deveicing, something that Alice might be able to tell if she was perceptive enough. His voice was off for the apparent age going by size and his body was more toned by quite a bit then normal. Much more then that was hard to tell quite yet though.

The slice was nearly done after he finished explaining himself. Long as nothing drastic happend, he hoped to be able to quickly worm his way out of this situation that was starting to dig a hole under him that was getting deeper then he liked.

[member="Zaz Tal'Verda"]

Most of the sensor nodes in Zaz's speeder were too old to be worth anything to the perimeter, but wired correctly they may still function close to the terminal. Rather than waste time at the perimeter Zaz grabbed the rest of the nodes and carried them into the Command center. "What do you want now Alice?" He asked, curious as to what she could need now.

As she asked her question confusion came over his face. "Hammer p- N-no I didn't pick up any new tech guys. Listen, just hold him there I'm on my way." After setting the nodes down Zaz started for the communications tent, though it was obvious he was in no hurry. His sister was able to handle herself, and if not he could deal with it when he got there. He suspected it was merely someone new to the clan, but it was possible it was an intruder, however unlikely.

Once he reached the Communications tent Zaz took a look at the scene before him. God she's gotta stop using hammers as a primary weapon. The man mused before turning his attention to the boy before him. "Who the hell is he?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom