Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cataclysm Unraveling

gia-nguyen-01-alien-planet-landscape-final.jpg

O R I C O N
The Obsidian Star flew low over the ashen skies. Though the volcanic activity of Oricon kept the planet ever changing, there was one large island that, for all Voph could tell, had changed very little. And even now, it still reeked of death. At the south eastern edge of the island, Voph knew there to be a safe haven at which the Star might land. What had once served as the site of a meager encampment. And the place that Voph would await his team. Though he did not command the legions he once did, there were still some Knights that answered to his call.

Voph set foot onto the dirt and ash of the volcanic world, and turned to look out across the hellscape. Oricon. The world where his life had changed. And for some, the world where Kyyrk had died. Memories were already flooding his mind as he turned to survey the small clearing. The twisted rocks formed a natural shelter from the rest of the island. A perfect place for a camp. The perfect place to recoup losses. Voph could still smell the mud and death in his nostrils, could still hear the cries of beast and man echoing from beyond the walls.

Many of the structures had fallen into ruin and decay. Save for the immense structure on the west side of the island. This was where Voph intended to go. The final objective of the war. The war that had brought Voph irreversibly into the world of war and combat. That started him on his path to become the warrior he was today. Fodder for the machine. Fodder that had survived impossible odds. Fodder that had risen to become a true shaper of fate, not merely a pawn of it. But the battle had more than this significance to offer today. When faced with the Eye, the source of the Cataclysm, Voph could not help but find the feeling...familiar. The last time he had felt as the device made him feel?

Oricon.

In preparation, Pyeth had spent several days studying the moon's terrain, familiarizing himself with its history or rather what little history he could find that was within his allowances. Frustratingly, these were close to non-existent, only managing to scrape together the basics, and that his superiors assured would be enough. Ever-inquisitive, the Rishii wondered what fruits this mission would provide, a bonus to assisting the Obsidian Lord Voph. Ultimately, his aim here was to not only learn but acquaint himself with one of the leaders of his flock.

Pyeth had seen many vessels during his travels, but none so uniquely designed, the Obsidian Star had a more eloquent design, it was pleasing to the eye. It was a relief to witness, knowing he had not misunderstood the coordinates of their assigned mustering point. Raising from his perch, Pyeth scanned down, observing the broad armoured figure stride out into the ashen world. It surprised him how easily Lord Voph carried himself. Pyeth had no such luck on the Primordial World, still silently suffering in the baked dry air.

Still, he had no reason to complain he had done it to himself and understood that. Gently descending to ground level, Pyeth approached Lord Voph.

"Lord Voph."
He chirped happily, coming to a stop to offer a bow, "I am Pyeth at your service." Cautiously, Pyeth returned to his usual stance, his beak partially gaped as he tried to regulate his body temperature.

"While awaiting your arrival, I have spent my time familiarizing myself with the terrain." He paused glancing over his wing, "It's a planet unlike any other I have seen."

kobanner_1.png

S E A R C H
Voph nodded in a simple greeting to Pyeth as the young Rishi bowed in his own greeting. "With any luck, it will be the only of such worlds you will see." Voph turned to look towards the imposing structure rising in the west. "Oricon has always been an inhospitable world. Home of the Dread Wars, in ages past." Voph looked around the small clearing as his apprentice Arro Peradun stepped from the landing ramp. "I still remember much of this island, but it is good that you have thought to scout ahead. Much is likely to have changed in the past few millennia."

Voph spread his arms in a welcoming gesture to the gathered Knights. "Regardless, welcome to Oricon. The seat of power for the Dread Masters. It was here nearly five thousand years ago that the Dread War was fought and won, when a team of Jedi and Sith broke the Dread Fortress, and assaulted the Dread Palace. What we seek, if I am right, lies within the Dread Fortress. The heart and soul of the Dread Master's experimentation. With any luck, we shall find answers. An explanation of what the Eye is, and where it may come from."

Listening to Voph he could only nod in agreement, Oricon was the polar opposite of Rishii. What life might have once existed was driven to extinction long ago, the absence of it was strange. His involvement with the Obsidian Knights and knowledge of the force was still young, and until now he could never honestly claim to have felt it as others had described.

Now in the absence of anything they stood out, like fireflies amidst a suffocating desert the fact Voph implied other worlds like this one existed unsettled him bringing to surface questions he rather not know the answer too but that was why they had come.

"It seemed prudent," He chirped turning to Voph's padawan, a small blonde haired female.

"Pleasure to meet you too."
He hooted while mimicking the courtesy he showed Voph stopping a moment to absorb the information Voph was sharing with them. "Well that all sounds very ominous but equally intriguing, should we expect any trouble in the Dread Fortress? Traps?" He asked, curious what defences if any Voph was expecting they might encounter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom