Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castles and Dreams

There was an almost imperceptible nod when Vanessa stated she didn't expect such loyalty anymore. In a way it was something Ra wanted from others, at least for a time from her apprentices. She was slowly building up a powerbase, but Vanessa was never going to know about it from her.

Having decided early on the other sith wasn't one to be trusted and the further they had gotten into the conversation, the point remained. They would be sith together, work for mutual benefit, but that was it. Vanessa would not be one of the circle Ra had about herself as she grew in power. Time would tell if they ended up enemies, but not yet.

"I really just wanted to get to know other sith. In my line of work, I am unable to conduct business with any openly. So I am out of touch with the Empire because of that. Had to cut my ties with them to accomplish what I have."

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

"Still, a bit of a surprise you wanted me to come out here to Bast Castle." Vanessa replied. "It's just unusual, that's all - to be randomly picked as some sort of confidante with regards to the Sith." She considered for a bit. "I suppose I do have things to offer you. The merchant fleet assumedly could use ships for defense. I have plenty of equipment suited to dealing with the sort of threats one would expect to encounter while guarding cargo vessels."

She thought for a moment. "Or is there more to it? How can I best help you?"

@Ra'a'mah

"Not that odd really. We met before, had that metal experiment...which how is that going for you?"

The intention had been for Vanessa to craft space ships from what could be mined. The small chunk Ra had taken would be used for a weapon or maybe some new artifact she would make for herself.

"The ships I have are able to hold off most simple pirate attacks luckily. So far I haven't been involved in any, but one never knows. I think it'll happen eventually."

It also helped she kept the fact of her alignment secret. Sith could sometimes makes enemies faster than sugar collecting ants. As Vanessa spoke and asked how she could help Ra, an idea came to her.

"I might take you up on an offer for a ship. What would you have from me though? Nothing comes free."

There might have been more, but right now the focus would remain here and not the future. If things worked out and Vanessa proved to be one Ra could trust, then she would be brought in on her plans.

"I haven't done much with it." How unfortunately true. "The Ablution​ still needs a proper refit. Especially with the new metal. I'm glad to hear you haven't had to deal with mass pirate attacks, but unfortunately I know from experience that such usually leads to a single massive attack intended to overwhelm the low defenses. I'd be glad to make you a ship - all I'd ask for is your active cooperation with regards to a project I am working on." She replied.

"Tell me, Ra, what do you know about superweapons?"

@Ra'a'mah

As she knew things and favors never came for free, ever. Ra would listen to the proposal Vanessa had and decide from there.

"Your personal ship, I assume? Ah I don't think I'm going to prey to any pirate attacks. Most of my goods are rather mundane to most people. Rarely is there anything of real value on the black market."

Sometimes she carried more valuable items, but that happened very rarely and were kept much quieter than something of a normal run.

"What is your project?"

@Ra'a'mah

"Essentially, the development of superweapon technology into something a good bit more portable." Vanessa said. "Superweapon Miniaturization and Decoys." She said. "I acquired the blueprints to a large number of superweapons that were held within a derelict computer core on one of the former Maw Installation asteroids. Given that most if not all pieces of technology are either impossible to adequately reengineer, due to technological advancements and a lack of resources to make such grandiose weapons, I have been trying to find ways of repurposing this technology for the benefit of the Sith."

She looked over at Ra. "I would like for you to be able to help me with this."

The answer Vanessa provided was very hard to believe for Ra. The thought of super weapons that weren't of a super size seemed just crazy sounding to her. Shaking her head as she listened, it would be clear of her doubts. She also mentioned using the technology to benefit the sith and Ra let out a sigh.

"I have no interest in helping a faction I am not a part of. However, if this technology might be shared with me somehow, then I could agree to helping. However, just how are you making these super weapons smaller? It's just seems like an idiotic idea to make them miniature. They are then no longer super."

She was estranged from the Sith Empire Vanessa belonged to. More of a rogue sith than anything else, but not an enemy of that state.

"Well... The faction is run by the Sith, which you are... so your assistance would ultimately benefit our position." Vanessa replied. "I'm utilizing old Imperial blueprints and revising them to be smaller and less resource intensive. The Sith Empire doesn't exactly have the resources of the Galactic Empire, unfortunately. which makes rebuilding a technical system such as this nearly impossible to pull off."

She sat back for a moment. "A weapon I would like to recreate in miniature is the anti-matter bomb. I believe they could serve as a suitable replacement for the proton bomb as an anti-warship weapon - should we manage to mass-produce it." She said.

@Ra'a'mah

If Ra had been one to openly show the emotions or thoughts she had, Vanessa would see the mental eye roll she had with the mention of other sith.

"If you think your empire is going to last, I think you are mistaken. Sith aren't meant to gather under a single banner for long, Vanessa. Soon enough there will be in-fighting for power, rank and position. One of the many reasons I don't consider myself part of that empire. However, I am not an enemy of them either."

Frowning slightly when she said they didn't have the resources of the Galactic Empire, Ra knew that was wrong. They may have lacked the technology, but the sith had greater numbers.

"So what would you have me do?"

"Oh, I'm not expecting that." She said. "Eventually someone will do something stupid and the Sith Empire will end up collapsing. We'll all go back to squabbling as petty warlords before reunifying again once the Jedi get themselves up to snuff. And so it begins again." She sighed. "In-fighting will cull itself, or potentially be forcibly quashed. Then we'll be back to normal." She was frustrated at the thought of having to rebuild everything that would inevitably be destroyed or claimed by the Jedi who intruded into former Sith space. When that day came, she would have to go full warlord to at least preserve the region of space she was slowly acquiring influence within.

"I would have you assist me in the development of these weapons and munitions. When the day comes - and it's inevitable as you've said - that the Empire collapses, join me and let's preserve what we can in order to be ready for the next cycle."

@Ra'a'mah

"Such is the way of all Empires."

Who that would be and what would happen was unknown, but Ra knew it was coming. She felt it wouldn't be her doing it. Not this time at least. Plans were in motion for her, but they would take a great amount of time to grow into fruition. By the time that happened, the current incarnation might be no more and that would just make things easier for her.

"Vanessa, I have had to rebuild my own life a few times and I did it on my own. What makes you think I would want to help another person when nobody was there to help me?"

It might be blunt and straight forward, but it was the truth. What she had gained in her life was through her own hard work and what she had earned from it. Across various organizations and governments. Not once had the sith done anything for her.

@Ra'a'mah

"Just because no one was there to help you then doesn't mean no one is willing to help you now." Vanessa said. "If you want my help with something, just ask. With regards to almost every circumstance, I gain nothing by rejecting you." A fair enough point - after all, Vanessa did not actively know about Ra's future plans regarding the Sith. "I mean, I want to make the galaxy a better place, and the best way to do that is by holding together a portion of the orderly Empire when the collapse comes, so we will have more to work with."

At least, that was her philosophy in theory. Being selfless enough to want to protect the Imperial citizenry was... a new feeling for Vanessa. One she wasn't sure she liked.

"And who do you think would come up in power after the current empire falls?"

It was touchy ground, but​ the question was asked anyway. The offer for help did not go unnoticed, but Ra chose not to say anything about it and make a note of it. It was possible Vanessa could be an ally in the future, but time would tell.

"If I want to accomplish something now, I am able to do it on my own. Barring a total destruction of my holdings, there isn't much that can be done I couldn't recover from on my own."

“Another Sith, assuredly. Whichever one is capable of adequately sustaining whatever will be left of the Empire at that point.” Vanessa personally did not like to think of the crumbling of the former Sith Empire - how much it has devolved into warlordism by the end. Having three Sith Lords that effectively were warlords kept in check by the Emperor did not help. The New Order, which Vanessa had been a part of, did not prove to be as successful given t was ultimately a warlord kingdom, doomed to fail as the One Sith grew.

She thought about Ra’s statement before considering a response. “I know you are able to do it on your own. I’m not suggesting you can’t. But there is always a chance of failure with every endeavour, and the more Sith work together towards a common goal, the smaller that chance of failure becomes.” She sighed. “But I really hope that doesn’t happen. Warlordism is never a good thing, though sometimes it may be what we are forced to do.” She sighed.

“No plans to do such, right?”

@Ra'a'mah

There was a time in her past when there were no major sith governments around. When she was a lost, young woman and just starting to learn of the Force as well as being a businesswoman. Such was still the case today as one could never know everything. Now though Ra focused more on business than being a sith.

Listening to what Vanessa was saying, Ra knew she would not be the one that took over the reigns of the empire and have control. Vanessa was a follower, not a leader. Ambitious for herself, like a true sith, but not power hungry.

"Of course there is risk with everything. Even simple matters such as getting out of bed or eating. However, one can learn from these failures and not repeat them."

When she asked Ra if she had plans to be one of those warlords, Ra shook her head. She wasn't the warmongering type and didn't think she ever would be.

"No, I have no plans to be a warlord. I might be sith, but I'm not that kind of one."

"True." Vanessa sighed. "Being a Sith means you have no idea where an attempted end might come from. There was a time once where I could have pressed my claim and become Empress - a time long ago. And there may be a time yet. But timing is key - attempting to do things at the wrong time usually leads to... bad situations." Like getting stabbed in the back by your apprentice. Brutally.

She thought about Ra's final comments. "That's good. That being said, if the Empire ever does fracture - I would be glad to have your assistance in maintaining the necessary order. You are sensible, stable, and... I appreciate working with you." She replied.

@Ra'a'mah

When her master died, if Ra had been a bit older, she could have pressed the issue as well. Maybe the mind wipe had done her a favor. It had allowed her to secretly grow up. Perhaps she could return to her home and press that issue now though. Shaking her head, Ra threw that idea out of her mind. She had no desire to rule over some no name planet nobody knew of as Empress or queen.

"I find it highly unlikley my ties to the Empire are going to remain, Vanessa. My path life's path has lead me away from it. It will be on your head to put together that fractured empire when it happens. Maybe I do posess what is needed, but I want no part of their future."

That didn't say she didn't want a part of what Vanessa might have planned, but of the empire itself.

"By the time what I believe will happen happens, there will be no Empire." She sighed. "We will be back in another lull." With that, she felt her mind was made up - there was not much she could do with regards to relying on Ra as a participant in her schemes, as an associate to the many things she would be doing sooner rather than later. how unfortunate. Their discussion would continue until such a time that both women felt their time to speak was up. They would go their separate ways, and life would carry on.

How long for each of them was another question entirely.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom