Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Castle Methushael

Status
Not open for further replies.
dvnUSmz.jpg
Name: Dilsana Methushael (Castle Methushael) also known as: Sulstasi Raganius (Sith: Tower of Black Sorcery)

Image Source: Click

Classification: Concentric Castle

Location: Khar Delba (Built over the ruins of Naga Sadow's citadel)

Affiliation: Darth Carnifex

Description: A massive construct of stone and steel, Castle Methushael erupts from the mountain peak it had been built upon with its highest tower grazing the highest clouds. Two mighty walls encircle the castle proper, a smaller outer ring and a taller inner ring that provides the defenders two different elevations of defense against any attackers. The castle's high elevation and steep mountain terrain prevents large-scale armies from assaulting the castle on foot, but leaves it more vulnerable to attacks from the air. To combat this the castle has eight flanking towers outfitted with four Mk 26 'HARM' guided missile anti-air weapon systems alongside four Retaliator-class turbolasers
to discourage enemy fighters or gunships, and a single ICE/AEI "White Iron" shield generator housed within an adjacent complex between the castle and the inner wall.

The castle itself is a massive structure of overlapping keeps, redoubts, and towers that serves as Darth Carnifex's primary residence. The castle's interior is a winding labyrinth of corridors, antechambers, halls, and various other rooms that would house the Dark Lord and his various minions who guard and maintain Methushael. The Sith Lord's throne room is a massive chamber built in a similar fashion to his others across the galaxy, with twin rows of pillars and archways leading up to a raised dais housing his throne constructed out of black volcanic stone.

The castle also features a miniature Sith temple in the form of a chapel that juts out from the main structure, featuring various Sith symbolism in the form of mosaics, statues, tapestries, and various translated works of Sith scripture hung from banners before a great altar. A vast tunnel system of dungeons and other retaining cells worms it way beneath the castle and into the mountain.

History: For eons the ruins of Naga Sadow's citadel were left unattended in the icy mountains of Khar Delba, picked apart by Republic looters and other unsavory vagabonds. In the aftermath of the Battle of Midvinter, the Sith Lord Darth Carnifex visited the world and the ruins of the ancient Sith Lord, silently touring the ruins and opening himself to the Dark Side of the Force. In that moment he commanded that the ruins were to be torn down, and incorporated in the construction of an even larger, grander citadel that would serve as his seat of power in the region.

Dark sorcery was enacted upon the castle's foundations, saturating the entire site with the Dark Side of the Force which would only be further amplified by Carnifex's stays within its walls.

Intent: I gave my possessions on Thule to [member="Darth Prazutis"], and I've decided to expand my influence on another planet in the Stygian Caldera

Links: N/A

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

Greetings, Oh Dark One. Let's see what you have here...

Very interesting concept - I particularly like the detail of the Concentric Castle design, though I would note that such defenses don't function well against aerial attacks (and thus were only designed to function against the infantry-focused approach of Medieval warfare!). You've noted that the Castle has anti-air defenses: would you mind listing the number and type, if possible? Any shield generators present that can be raised to prevent widescale aerial/orbital bombardment? I'm sure you'll agree that this is a pretty standard threat nowadays...

The rest looks pretty standard, and rather fascinating. A shame an ancient relic had to be destroyed to see this castle erected, but Khar Delba could use a new lease of life. It's a lovely place, if a bit foreboding! Thanks for submitting it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom