Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Lyla Quinn

Lyla Quinn

24 Karats Of Rose-Gold Trouble
Ur9bwdd.png

862NEci.png

ynMuKjK.png

Official Name: Rylana Tualin
Earned Titles: Captain; Thorn of the Outer Rim; Liberator
Alias / / Preferred / / Known Name: Lyla Quinn

Homeworld: Ryloth
Faction:(Formerly CIS)
Occupation / / Job / / Profession:

+ Captain of a YZ-775 smuggling vessel known as 'The Areta'
+ (Former) Viceroy of Ryloth

Heritage: Lost daughter of the noble Twi'lek head-clan, Tualin

Family:
+Mother - [Formal / / Birth Name: Vesinya Tualin] | [Chosen / / Known Alias: Vessa Lylek of the Lylek Rim Rippers] | [Species: Twi'lek] | Status: Alive
+Father - [Formal / / Birth Name: Unknown | [Chosen / / Known Alias: Addressed only as 'Firrerreo', Sir, or 'Fir' | [Species: Firrerreo] | Status: Alive

Force Sensitivity: Non-Force

Languages Spoken:
+Fluent: Galactic Basic
+Sparingly: Huttese, Bocce, Durese, Rodese, Mando'a

ZVR2TfN.png

Species: Twi'lek / / Firrerreo Hybrid
Voice Sample: Katee Sackhoff

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 130 pounds
Skin Color: Shades of pale, honeyed peach and gold-brushed pearls
Eye Color: Bright, celestial blue
Build: Toned, a 'working girl's' definition in her limbs, but definitely eats a burger a few times a week

Special Biological Elements:
  • Traits of the Twi'lek Mother: Lyla possesses the basic biology of all Twi'leks, including a higher resting body temperature and two stomachs capable of digesting almost anything. She also has a faster metabolism and a slight advantage when occupying hot, dry, desert-like environments.
  • Traits of the Firrerreo Father: Along with the striking pale-golden skin of her father's species, Lyla inherited the ability to heal much faster than average, allowing her a strong immune system and a minor resistance to poisons, although it is diminished somewhat in a half-breed. When upset or afraid, the skin of her lekku shifts from gold to silvery-white, and wounds scar silver when fully healed. There is a very slight increase in physical strength. But she lacks the enhanced hearing, gifted vision and protective, nictitating eye membranes of the Firrerreo people.

O7FOKoV.png

buFWELU.png

13QFB27.png

Crew and Ship OOC Thread: 'The Areta' OOC

Vessel Model: YZ-775
Name of Ship: 'The Areta'
Max Number of Crew and Passengers: Crew, 10. Passengers, 6.

Methods of Payment Accepted: Preferred, credits. Will accept most forms of valued goods or produce if credits are unavailable. Allows work-for-passage as well.
Standard Transport Rate (negotiable): 10,000c

Restrictions / / Other Information: The Areta is a free and independent agent unaffiliated with any organizations or factions and we prefer to remain that way. We will transport or haul cargo for anyone and everyone. That said, we reserve the right to refuse service if we feel we can't accommodate you; will provide other options for your convenience if needed.

Crew Manifest / / Positions:
[] Captain, Lyla Quinn.
[] Pilot, Open.
[] Medic, Open.
[] Mechanic and First Mate, Open.
[] 'Ambassador' Kip Ridel.
[] Crew Slot, Open.
[] Crew Slot, Open.
[] Crew Slot, Open.
[] Crew Slot, Open.
[] Crew Slot, Open.
[] Crew Slot, Open.

[Note: Aside from the Captain, the rest of these positions are not set in stone and can be easily altered, re imagined or reevaluated.]

Animal Companion: Sinya | Female | Species - Blackstalker | Bonded with Quinn | Aggressive, protective, only answers to Quinn |

Current Conditions:

• Hiring [See roster for open positions; contact with questions]
  • Open for Work
  • Open for Passengers

O7FOKoV.png

VExjwsx.png

Lyla Quinn. Twi'lek. Born twenty-eight years ago on Nar Shaddaa, grew up in a two room apartment by the Docks outside Sector 5A with two hard-working parents who broke their backs daily to make sure I'd have a chance at a better future somewhere off the Smuggler's Moon. They succeeded, and I ended up employed on a prestigious luxury passenger liner, earning my keep as a dancer for the rich and famous as we traveled the galaxy. But my happiness was short lived, and when I was twenty-six, my parents were killed in a chemical fire that took out our apartment and most of our neighbors. I quit my job and briefly returned to Nar Shaddaa to pay my respects, wandered from planet to planet for a while before the need to do something worthwhile with my life took over. I'd seen much on my travels, even worked aboard a simple cargo hauler, and I'd enjoyed being part of a crew, a family doing honest work, so eventually I bought a ship for myself and took to the skies, looking for work, hoping to find that again with a crew of my own...

…Sounds nice, doesn't it? Pretty simple, basic but detailed enough to keep it legit. Kid looking to belong somewhere, seeking adventure. Bet you could find a million kids with similar versions all over the galaxy.
Sometimes, I wish it was true. Maybe if I try hard enough, rehearse it enough times, it will be.
But aside from the idea that I want to belong, it's not true. It's all lie. In fact, everything you people know about me, everything I tell my passengers and my crew about myself, every story or nugget of information about Lyla Quinn that you'll find on the holonet… it's all nerfshiet. Nerfshiet I keep a close eye on, build carefully and spread wisely, making sure there's always a thread to follow for the curious ones that ends exactly where I want it to end.

So let me start by clarifying for you, right here, right now.
You don't know a damn thing about me.
And if I have my way, you never will. Not just for my own protection, but for yours, too.

But I'll tell you this much. I've been everyone's 'means to an end' for far too long, the prime piece on the dejarik board in my family's struggle for power. Twenty years and endless efforts attempting to turn me into a monster who thought the galaxy was only good for crushing under your boot as you made your way to the top didn't quite have the affect they wanted. Even now they scramble to drag me back, the key pawn in their selfish, three-sided battle for dominance, and despite my efforts to remove myself from the situation, somehow… it keeps interfering, like a curse. Lyla Quinn has kept me safe for the last few years, but I know it can't last forever. I've spent too much time dodging my past, denying myself a life of truth in favor of just riding out the storm and hoping they'll give up. Too many lost opportunities, too many dead innocents caught in the crossfire, and now that I've found something truly good? My ship, my crew, my work... I've had enough.

I never had a choice growing up, but I do now.
It's time to take a stand. And by the time I'm done ending this war?
They're going to wish they'd given up.

LFZol0y.png

Last edited:

Lyla Quinn

[member="Thalia Kaia"] Hi! I am so sorry, apparently I kriffed up the crew roster, Meira is actually filling the mechanic role. =\ But we are open for passengers if you'd still like to write with us, and if the spot ever becomes vacant, I'll ping you! <3

[member="Tin'tinag"] , just a simple girl tryin' to make my way in the universe. Nice to see another smuggler around! Maybe we can cross paths, start up a friendship? Or a rivalry, I'm game for anything. :)

Thanks, [member="Leina Snowfire"] ! You'll forever have my favorite red Twi'lek graphics. ;)

Well, [member="Greeta Tan"] , every ship needs a techie! Would be happy to offer you a trial run thread IC, see how you like working with this crazy bunch, and a bunk if you decide to stick around.

As do you, [member="Rika Anor"] . <3 Would love to thread with you sometime! Lyla had a huge beef with pirates, could see it getting pretty interesting. :p

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
[member="Lyla Quinn"] a partner ship sound fun, need to get out and do something once in a while, perhaps I can make a deal and have the Jedi turn a blind eye every now and then for you

Lyla Quinn

[member="Aria Vale"] , don't think I've forgotten about threading, now. <3 Expect a PM once the weekend settles down! Glad to find another DOROTHY fan. :D

[member="Dalton Kenway"] , absolutely! <3 Would love to. Gotta get our feet under us in this first thread, work out the kinks a little, and we'll be ready for that adventure!

I thought I recognized the Twi'lek playby, an excellent choice. ;)

Love how you designed the character sheet. If you're ever in the mood for RPing some time, throw me a PM on here or Discord. I have a number of characters that might be of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom