Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Can't View Members Profiles? (not sure if this is a bug)

• Short Description: When I click on someone's profile I get a notice saying they limit who can see their profile
  • Browser: FireFox 124.01 & the latest version of Chrome
  • Severity: All my profiles
  • Description: I click on a persons profile and it says they limit who can see their profile. I am unable to send them a message or see their alts or interact with them in any way from the profile page.
  • Screenshots: Link to screenshot
  • Link to Thread: N/A

If this is not a bug but is simply a feature of the site that I was unaware of I apologize. Could someone just let me know if I made a mistake. Thanks

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
Idk if this helps but. I know when Chaos bans someone you can’t view their profiles, it won’t let you see them. If this is part of the issue or if it’s something else, I hope it helps.

Idk if this helps but. I know when Chaos bans someone you can’t view their profiles, it won’t let you see them. If this is part of the issue or if it’s something else, I hope it helps.

Ohh maybe that is what happened :/ Thank you. I'll try to connect on Discord and see if maybe the person left Chaos

You can actually go into your privacy settings and limit who can look at your user profile if you choose/want.

Wow really? I did not know that. That seems to defeat the purpose of everybody being able to see which characters we write but it does mean its not a bug.

I'm sorry for reporting. I did not know. Thank you

It makes sense if that is what it is. Or maybe if you are able to hide your profile it's just a feature. Either way it seems like I should not have posted this. I hope the staff don't get upset.

I throw myself at the mercy of the mighty Tef.

out of curiosity though doesn’t that defeat the openness of everybody being able to see what accounts we write?

Not really because we have full visibility regardless of settings. And someone would be a fool to try and alt scam when a Mod or Admin can literally see who they are.

We've only had someone do that once and it was...interesting.

Not really because we have full visibility regardless of settings. And someone would be a fool to try and alt scam when a Mod or Admin can literally see who they are.

We've only had someone do that once and it was...interesting.

That makes sense.

Well... this can be marked resolved. I'm sorry I didn't know this was a feature lol. Thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom