Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I Get An Intervention?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Marque"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Gir Quee"]

Looking at them as they spoke she thought about it and... had neither the jedi master just preferred the whole fly around and hover aspect. She was looking over them while she turned over with most of her attention on the hull of the ship while she was going. "Ah well yes some ascension guns should help you get up." She stayed with it while looking over the place while she cleared some of the debris out of the way with the force while she was walking to get towards the lifts while she was waiting to see wha they others could do. "We should be able to get up though and scout it. A few well placed applications of electric judgement can charge old cells. Grandmaster Raaf showed me that trick."

The ways of the Force are truly mysterious...He had seen many fantastic feats performed by Force users, but there always seemed to be something new that they had to show him. I wonder if the Force's limit is only a person's limit, or if it is a finite power. But I only the thousands of years of intellect and civilization behind me. He realized that many ways, that knowledge and application could allow him to accomplish many things that a person could through the Force. Of course, to a jedi, perhaps it is the other way around.

He pulled out his ascension cable and began to inspect it. His particular model of ascending cable was based on the liquid cable kind popularized by the Naboo security Forces before the Clone Wars. Compact, but only one use. He dug around in his belt's compartments, looking for a replacement cartridge in case they needed it. He finally found several that he apparently had managed to tuck over his years of service, all packed tightly together in a pouch on his right side. There's enough here for all of us to use it, if we must, but I wonder...He looked up at the group.

"I've got enough cartridges so that we can use mine if you'd like, but I wonder if there's an armory or equipment locker somewhere in the ship that's not been touched. I've heard that Clone Troopers often were issued them as attachments to their blaster rifles. It sounds like something that'd be useful to have readily available, but not the sort of thing that actually be issued out all the time."

[member="Marque"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Matsu Ike"]

Marque

Pink is for boys, too!
His quip having turned into a serious point of discussion, Marque observed the trio of minds coming to a solution. Or a set of solutions. The woman Jedi, whose name he had missed, seemed the most straightforward of the bunch and had wasted no time in making her suggestion and then begin clearing the route to the ancient vessel's auxiliary generators. The direct approach appealed to the magenta-skinned teen, and he moved to follow.

"I'll go with her," Marque knocked his head in the direction of the woman, "And help with the power situation. I can probably be of more use there than looking at hull damage."

Without waiting for permission, the Zeltron made his way towards the shrinking figure of the Jedi. Legs pumped as he worked to catch up, an unfamiliar feeling for Marque. He was used to work in cloistered offices in cubicles, not corridors. And certainly not in 900 year old starships left collecting dust on forgotten planets. By the time he'd caught up to the woman, Marque was already starting to feel the calories from his lunch melt away.

Had he known the work would involve so much walking, he might have brought along his Holoboy Advanced in order to catch some Endormon. They probably didn't normally spawn on the deserted flats of Boz Pity, but that was just a matter of adjusting the gaming code. At the very least, he could have gotten some credit for walking so much.

As he approached the woman, the brown-haired boy offered breathlessly, "I hope you don't mind if I tag along." He held out his hand experimentally, Xantha may have covered the broad strokes of his identity, but the teen wasn't one for such formalities. "I'm Marque."

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Gir Quee"]​

As he turned his head to the left, Matsu took off.

He looked to the right, and Marque was sprinting to catch up.

What? Was there a tarentatek behind him or something? "Well, I guess that leaves the climbing to us!" the boy said, turning to look up at Gir. He hoped the man was game for some climbing, because Sor-Jan was definitely looking forward to swinging through the ruins of the ship.

Would it accomplish anything? No.

Was he being productive right now? Absolutely not.

Would it be fun? Precisely my point.

Reaching through his pockets, the young Anzat produced a cable with a grappling hook at one end. Twirling that in one hand, the boy craned his head back and squinted into the shadows. There was a pipe or some kind of outcropping about a hundred meters overhead.

Letting the line go, the small Anzat put a telekinetic assist on the back of the grappling hook. It sailed through the air as though it had just been shot from a rocket. A metal clank echoed faintly overhead as it connected with the pipe overhead.

"I can make my own ascension gun," the boy noted, turning a cheesy grin up at Gir. Tugging on the line, the boy tested the security of the line as he waited to see whether Gir was up for the climb.

[member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Marque"] | [member="Matsu Ike"]​

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Marque"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Gir Quee"]

Matsu looked at the one who had come with her and she bowed her head in agreement with some attention to it. "I am Matsu." There was a a small look while she was bringing it up and around clearing more space. "We shall have to see about getting it it started at least for a little while." She was prepared and the gincho power reactor was there for a time and would last plenty when they needed it. She was making the path while the small mapper on her forearm pad filled her in and the Saratai was popping up with Quiet there to feed information for the droids that were prepared and being constructed for them. She was happy to work with it when the jedi master opened one of the doors and looked around slipping off the pack and detaching the reactor with its casing. "Have you worked with isotope five reactors before?"

Gir nodded at Sor-Jan's comment before turning his eyes up the shaft again. His eyes weren't the best, but he could faintly see what appeared to be tube-like beam dozens of meters away from them. He looked around closely for any other possible ledges or objects that he could use to grip on, but there didn't appear to be any other suitable candidates. The others were small enough that Gir doubted he could grapple them, while others appeared to be too far up or irregularly shaped to be of any real use. When was the last time I did something like this? My Academy days, perhaps? While he hadn't rappelled or rope-climbed in a long time, he still kept himself in fairly good shape through a regular regimen of exercise.

"Well," said Gir, "here goes nothing."

He whirled a portion of his ascension cable with an underhand motion before releasing it. The hook sailed up through the air into the darkness of the shaft. The blonde man heard a few clattering sounds before hearing a solid metallic clang. He gently tugged at the cable, half-expecting it to give way, but his cable held. He tugged at it harder, using his full weight, but still the cable held. He turned to the jedi.

"Mine looks solid."

[member="Marque"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Matsu Ike"]

Up, up, and away!

The small boy was surprisingly nimble up the cable line, swinging back and forth as he shimmied his way up into the dark recesses of the foreboding control towers which loomed overhead. It would have been a daunting task to make the climb, but the boy seemed to be having fun with it.

He knew when the last time was that he'd done something like this, and it had been centuries ago.

It was good to act like a padawan again, pretend this was some Art of Movement obstacle course or event at the Jedi Temple. And, in so doing, he pushed the pain from the physical exertion out of his mind as he made his way up to where there was a foothold up into one of lower decks of the conning tower. "Makes you appreciate taking the lift," the boy noted wryly, as he caught his breath.

[member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Marque"]​

Gir marveled at the jedi's movements as he ascended the shaft. Gir himself steadily advanced up his rope, using his decidedly average upper body strength to pull himself up while clamping his feet together to act as a brake to prevent himself from sliding down. It wasn't exactly fast or flashy, but it was a tried and true technique that got him closer and closer to his goal. He took several breaks to ostensibly inspect various shafts and panels on his way up. He managed a silent, broad grin as he thought about his own behavior. It's perhaps laughable to even conceal the fact that I'm not as fit as I once was...especially in front of a jedi. If he wants to know what I really think or feel, there may not be much to stop him. He flipped open an octagonal maintenance hatch, half-expecting a rabid mynock to fly out clawing at him. But instead, the man could only see a cloud of swirling dust that expanded down the shaft as far as his eyes could see. He pulled out a miniaturized light and flashed it around the nearest surfaces of the shaft. It looked intact to Gir, though he wasn't sure if he could actually see the surfaces themselves because of all of the dust that accumulated over time. He put the light away. Well, I've caught my breath...on to the next one.

He pulled himself up slower to reach a ledge not too far away from [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] rested. He heard the anzat's comment and flashed a knowing smile.

"It certainly does," replied Gir, situating himself on a foothold opposite of Sor-Jan, "and the quality of build that Kuat Drive Yards put into this ship. After all these years, it still looks like it's almost ship-shape."

[member="Marque"] | [member="Matsu Ike"]

S.S. NADESICO
Ruisto-class Exploration Vessel

"...weather patterns are continuing, with a seventeen percent chance for..."

"...seismic activity indicators remain marginal..."

This was a place that she never thought she'd be again.

Just a few years ago, the Nadesico had been one of the capital ships of the Levantine Sanctum. And she had commanded the ship and her crew throughout the Tingel Arm. Until the sun had set, and the two had parted ways. Her to retirement and the Nadesico to Silk Holdings, to be stripped and sold off.

Strange that they would be re-united now.

Stranger still how much things had changed for everything to look the same.

She wore a dark business suit, not the uniform of the FrontierCorps. But even without military rank adorning her collar, there was no question that the lady was in command as she listened to the reports and chatter from across the bridge of the ship. Holding in geosynchronous orbit over the Intervention wreckage, the Nadesico was observing the excavation.

She could understand the Jedi's interest in this thing. The sight of a star destroyer nose down on a planet was quite the captivating attraction.

"Ma'am?"

Chin tucked between her thumb and forefinger, the lady casually swiveled her chair back so that she could look over at the young technician addressing her.

Gods be damned. She was NEVER that young...

"We're ready to start sending down some of the Crickets," the nervous kid - teen? Twenty maybe (probably not...)

[color="pink]"Very well,"[/color] the lady answered. No more, no less, as she rotated the seat back to regard the planet on the galactic horizon just below the transparisteel windows of the bridge.

From the hangar bay of the Ruisto, several [URL="http://starwarsrp.net/topic/4955-kkt-74-cricket-construction-vehicle/"]KKT light construction vessels[/URL] would begin traveling down toward the wreckage in preparation for re-floating the ship.

"After all these years, it still looks like it's almost ship-shape."

Gathering up his ascension line, the boy looked over at the man even as he continued to spool the line in his hands. The remark caused the boy to consider the architecture of the ship, his eyes scanning around them for a moment before he spoke. "Strangely enough, they weren't built for that," the young Anzat noted. The Republic Navy had been assembled virtually overnight, rushed into production and then pushed out onto a battlefield opened up by separatist rebellion. And, at times, it seemed they might have been on the losing side. "None of us imagined that many of these ships would see the end of the war."

For that matter, none of them imagined that they would either.

They lost a lot of good clones. And a lot of good Jedi, even before the Empire's betrayal.

"But, they were made to take a lot of punishment... and that appears to have paid off."

[member="Gir Quee"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom