Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all pilots! Forcers and Non Forcers alike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the concept of forming a fighter squadron was proposed in another thread, and [member="Jorus Merrill"] proposed forming a squadron of a bunch of irregular vessels, largely old models that have been decommissioned and could blend in on just about every world out there. I think this is a flipping fantastic idea.

That said, I'd like to see this happen which is why I'm posting this thread. And I want FU's and NFU's alike to be involved in it. FU's and NFU's make up this faction. It's fine to have the Jedi split from the military and whatnot, but something needs to tie them together and make them realize they can work together. That's why I proposed this in the first place. Combine the best of both worlds into an elite tactical unit, much like the old Rogue squadron.

I'm volunteering for this. I don't have to be lead or anything, but I would like the role of Squad Mechanic *points to the fact that she's an Engineer and owns a tech company*.

So who's in? The fighters can be any old decom'd class of fighter. We're building a squadron of junkers, folks. Junkers that look like junk, but fly like modern craft!

Sign up if you're interested. We can decide on a name once the squadron is filled or at least has several members in it. I don't know how many pilots we have in here, after all.

Member List:
1. Niamh Raste
2. Jorus Merrill
3. Harkin Kane
4. Tugoro Taidarious
5. Kyla Verss
6. Oka Osaa
7. Zaren Bouqi
8. Aaron Nomarr

[member="Niamh Raste"]

I was just about to post this, lol.

After a good bit of talk with [member="Camellia Swift"], and in response to some of the things that got talked about in the feedback thread, I may not be a faction admin but I'm down with kicking off Wraith Squadron again. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]This'd be very secret IC. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]Wraiths would usually operate in pairs or trios -- basically, write what you want.[/SIZE]

If you folks want it to be something other than Wraith Squadron - some other old or new name - I'm down for that too.

As for ships, here are some options (mostly Republic current/decommissioned ships), and go ahead and find other publicly available ones. This'll be a mixed squadron. I'd suggest that most of our missions would be things where staying inconspicuous will be important.

[member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

I'm incredibly touched I see two Rendili designs in your list.

While Cam can fly she'll mostly be working in fleets or even on the ground because god dammit armies shouldn't just be background noise either! Those NPCs got families and reasons to fight too ya know! Might as well write em having some worth of epic feel before they die.

She can join in from time to time maybe, and Rendili certainly won't mind being a post to have a special hanger set aside for the squadron to rest at. It'd make sense for them to have some special hanger/locations added to existing military/important installations. Anaxes, Carida, Rendili, Onderaan, Umbara, Kashyyyk, and Humbarine sound good.

Totally not saying Rendili because its my thing and totally on the border. . . . or Humbarine because we have a smaller shipyard in its orbit, it is a Republic Fortress World in canon.

I would have said Empress Teta, Coruscant, and Alderaan too but. . . .we sort of lost those. . . .

Before this completely leaves the station... This really does need to have input from Popo/Kiskla regarding current IC policies and...whoever the hell is representing military command these days.

As I said in my post in the other thread, things like this are certainly great...hence why I suggested it. However, it's gotta be done the right way to ensure it meshes with the direction of the faction and doesn't step on any toes. I'm sure it could be utilized to spark some growing interest/activity for the Navy at large. Rather than just an isolated squadron of people kind of doing their own thing.

That all said. Awesome to see this. Get 'er done.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

ALSO I TOTALLY DON'T SEE A Y-WING ON THERE SIR!!!!

Also since Popo said we should do some raiding why not get together a squad and send them out on a test run in one with some support? the RHDF would happily send a Cruiser and a pair of Frigates to raid a supply line for the Republic to give this squadron a test battle against Sith fighters.

[member="Marcello Matteo"]

Definitely a good point. Popo and Kiskla should sign off first. For a second nearly thought they already had.

XD

This idea sounds good because there can be several squadrons eventually by the sounds of it, likely by sector if it works. Could be a neat idea. Have people organized by fleets and each fleet protects an area and deals with invasions and such within it, or when they attack outside the border by them.

Would give the feel of a real navy since it would be organized in that light. Would also be fun to see where our weakpoints lie when we lose some invasions along a certain front and commanders/troops are swapped about like real.

[member="Popo"] and [member="Alarice Mollari"]

You two cool with us doing this?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Perfectly fine with bringing back Wraith Squadron. Gotta love me the X-Wing series. Just saying. Good stuff. Anyways, I agree this should be a top secret outfit, which means it needs a top secret hangar location. Somewhere we can meet up between missions and the like. Umbara practically begs for it. That world is mysterious and shrouded. Would be relatively easy to hide a secret lair there!

Also, I'm flying a Rassilon. It's a sexy ship.

Alarice Mollari

A
Marcello Matteo said:
Before this completely leaves the station... This really does need to have input from Popo/Kiskla regarding current IC policies and...whoever the hell is representing military command these days.

As I said in my post in the other thread, things like this are certainly great...hence why I suggested it. However, it's gotta be done the right way to ensure it meshes with the direction of the faction and doesn't step on any toes. I'm sure it could be utilized to spark some growing interest/activity for the Navy at large. Rather than just an isolated squadron of people kind of doing their own thing.

That all said. Awesome to see this. Get 'er done.
That'd be me.

This however is all member pushed.

Glad to see this going too. I have zero qualms.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Although not as much help in the squadron conundrum (nearly no value at all actually =/) What are the masses thoughts on more broadened roles and ships. For example, I myself, mainly because I don't want Harkin getting all lonesome and out of shape in a cramped up ol' fighter, could pilot something like an externally beat to hell VCX-100. We could use the freighter to push all sorts of angles. Be it personnel drop off, reconnaissance, tactical incursion, ordinance, hell, I'll deliver laundry across the galaxy. I just love the idea of a small, tactical covert fleet.

[member="Harkin Kane"]
Wraith Squadron used freighters when necessary, but only when necessary.

[member="Marcello Matteo"] [member="Niamh Raste"]
As you'll note from various comments and likes, these things get discussed before they get enacted. This one's been batted around at the top for ages. All's aboveboard and in the clear.

[member="Camellia Swift"]
The Stormhammer's the modern Y-wing - little slow, little obsolete, very durable.

[member="Jorus Merrill"][member="Harkin Kane"]

Jorus is right that they did use them when necessary, but they were mostly only using their fighters when they were flying. The fun of it is that we're both space and ground units.

Atticus Savar

A
While I am not opposed to the concept I would rather see a more uniformed Naval Squadron/Fleet like what members like Gar'Hal and I have been trying to get off the ground before abandoning it to go the route of Mecenary Squadrons.

Alana Sunrider

A
It's not a mercenary squadron. It's more like an undercover deniable squadron, I think.

Atticus Savar

A
Perhaps Mercenary was a poor choice of wording but essentially my point is we have a non-existant dead Navy that could use the effort of our pilots as a priority before moving to something of a as you put it stealth or covert ops type of squadron that would involve undercover deniability

Now I know our attempts so far at the reformation of the Republic Navy has been a disaster to put it bluntly but still nicely. However when I see 4 pilots all looking to get into a cockpit I see progress. I see potential to do something great. If we can get [member="Gar'Hal Velasura"] to sign on then we have a Fleet of NFUs with a single Commander in [member="Alarice Mollari"] who despite I will admit so difficulties is the fact I can be an overbearing pigheaded moron seems to be genuinely interested in seeing a renewed Republic Navy succeed.

Ladies and gentlemen what I see here is our Navy. What I see here is the group that can give the One Sith or any other navy a run for their money. All that is needed is two things.

1. Dedication to sticking to making it work.

2. A willingness to be less than an Admiral or a Captain at least for now.

[member="Valara Tiall "][member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Harkin Kane"] [member="Camellia Swift"].

[member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Atticus Savar"]

What I believe Atticus means is that he feels that making this squadron be a black ops group rather than say a "regular" unit like say the 76th Air Corp will make it feel too exclusive and less about acting as an actual part of the military and taking orders from the head fleeter to properly plan out battles during big invasions. Which is also why I think he brought up the fact we need people under high ranks to create a feel for an actual fleet. Bridge crews, lieutenants and ensigns and the like, lower ranked Captains running single ships under an Admiral's orders to help act out the head fleeter's commands.

That is my assumption but then I am a very dumb person so if Atticus could correct me where I'm wrong please.

XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom