Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call My Name and Save Me from the Dark [complete]

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
”I was going to tell you that day... I willed the words out of my mouth, and they still didn’t come. By the time we changed again and hunted all that was in my mind was you. You intoxicate me, Katrine. I’m sorry I held it back, it wasn’t my intention to cause any amount of pain, and I’ve hurt you both... and you haven’t taken my freedoms, Katrine. I understood you clearly... Choosing you, and only you, that is my choice. You aren’t forcing that...”

“You need honesty now... the truth is I love you... and that’s what makes this hurt the most...”

Gerwald was suddenly quiet. He paused and took her in, really took her in. His pain shifted to concern. He could see it in her eyes. Gerwald attempted to rest a hand on her shoulder. Even though their fellowship was broken, he still felt the desire to be near her. It was odd, how was it things could be so tumultuous and yet, what he felt from the first day on Stewjon only grew.

”When was the last time you changed?”

He didn’t mean to change the subject, but he had. Right now it was more important that she took care of herself than for them to have a lover’s spat. This was more than that, but the point was still valid.

His eyes dropped. It was hard to look at her because of the shame he felt. Gerwald sighed. The weight of what he felt and tension between them was thick. He still didn’t know what to do. He wanted to walk away, and he wanted to kiss her, it was all too odd for him. It was a first.

”You need to change...”

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Her fingers itched against themselves as she stopped herself from reaching for him as he spoke. He was going to tell me, she told herself, but he didn't, she continued, her gaze still lowered. He just said I intoxicate him, again she tried to argue with herself, yes, but isn't that just another excuse? It made her let out a sigh.

And his freedom... he was choosing her, only her. Katrine looked up. "You... I didn't...," He was hearing bits of what she was saying, it was almost like they were right back in that forest as she tried to explain everything to him and he was still arguing with her on the details. His truth was that she loved her. "That's not the truth I needed," she spoke, unaware fully that her thoughts were given a voice, "I love you too," Katrine said after a beat, "that's not the truth I needed." She didn't know she was saying it out loud. "I'm not even asking I be your only," the words rolled off her tongue, "You broke my heart by being with Pebble and never saying a word about it. And I... I couldn't even be with...," her voice died out when she realized it wasn't even voices in her head anymore, she was hearing herself talk.

Gerwald was asking about when she'd changed. Her head shook. "I don't... I'm fine. I can't... she can't, no." She rambled, head shaking as she talked. "I can't leave her," Katrine finally said with a resolve that managed to sharpen her mind for just a split second. Gerwald still said she needed to change. Head shook again. Somewhere in the back of her mind, the wolf raged, mixed in with the voices. He was right. Normally Katrine knew he was right. She just forgot to mention that as the stages passed, she became less and less rational...

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

”I know that’s not the truth you needed... you needed me to tell you I’ve been intimate with Scherezade, and before we made love...” he said before he realized what was happening.

Katrine was breaking down. She HAD to change.

Gerwald closed his eyes. She wasn’t hearing him either. This had nothing to do with the forest, what she had tried telling him then. He was getting frustrated, and finally just had to tell her. The problem was he didn’t know which her he was talking to. Gerwald was it, this was happening because she had not changed in almost a week. She was going to go crazy.

”You have to change, and you don’t have to leave her. If you’re concerned now, imagine how much so you will be in your wolf form. You’re all over the place Katrine, and I need to talk to YOU... we cannot deal with any of this until you change, and Scherezade is going to need YOU. She will be hurt, upset, but she will want you more than she will want me, so if you won’t change for me, or for yourself, then do it for her. You LOVE her. We both do, so change. I’ll stay to answer any questions or handle any of the nurses who come in.”

He wanted to hash things out with Katrine, he wanted to try and get himself out of the trouble he was in before Scherezade woke up, but that couldn’t happen with the state of mind Katrine was in. How was he supposed to explain why he made the choice he did even though that was not what Katrine had asked. Hadn’t she picked up on it? No, she was too scattered.

Gerwald looked back to Scherezade.

”If she wakes I will tell you. She will need you when she wakes. I will not be the one she wants to see...”

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

"Truth," she mulled over the word. That was what she asked, what she wanted, what she... "Yep," something. Head tilted snapped back momentarily at the phrases. "Why?" The question formed. "Don't you care? Why is it different?" She wasn't fully aware she was even asking. If Katrine was aware, she wouldn't have asked for a clarification on the differences, she wouldn't want to know but the wolf, the wolf required to understand, not caring for the fact that sometime later, as her memories fell into place, Katrine would remember.

You have to change, she heard the words, eyes narrowing. The glint of the sapphire grew just a tiny bit darker than it normally was. "I don't tell me what to do," a small growl erupted from her throat as she responded, right in the middle of his talking even as he went on, parts of actually reaching her. I need to talk to YOU, she blinked. He was talking to her. "You are talking to me," she responded with the fierceness of a wolf refusing the back down. She was slipping, the wolf was coming out even in the human form. Even Katrine could hear it in her voice even if her mind wasn't fully wrapped around it. ...Scherezade is going to need YOU. Katrine blinked, turning to look back at the girl on the bed. Pebble would need her. Pebble needed her. She needed Pebble. "I need her too," she spoke up.

Gerwald was asking her to change, not for him or herself but for her Ward. "I don't need to..." but she couldn't finish the sentence, her head tilting slightly as she looked back to him. The wolf inside her was still fighting, demanding, ordering her without any words or sounds. Katrine wanted to tell him, something important but she couldn't remember what it was. It was important, wasn't it? The wolf wanted to speak.

He promised to tell her when she woke, she would need her. He wouldn't be the one she wanted to see. Her head was trying to make sense of her thoughts, trying to remember what it was that she wanted to say. Somewhere in the depths of her being, a quiet little voice of herself was saying no!, trying to fight through it, trying to silence the animal inside. "I don't need to... I won't... I want to speak... I want to say... Katria!" The words blurted out of her, quick, near unclear as her head snapped to the side as she felt herself surrendering to the wolf. She pushed forward, trying to pass him by, making her way out of the room. The wolf was coming out already though, she was fading, the change was taking the place. Katrine knew she shouldn't have changed in front of him, shouldn't have changed in this room right. She didn't need to change here, not now, not in front of them but she was changing. Bones cracked, fur grew as her upper body moved downward.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

"You are so weak, child..." the voice came.

Scherezade was running. It haunted her. It hounded her. It would not leave her alone. Hours? Days? Years? She'd lost count. She wasn't sure the count she'd lost was even the correct count.

"We'll be here together, you and me, just you and me..."

She screamed. No. She couldn't. She wouldn't. This was the Darkness. If there was a way in, there had to be a way out.

"How much time did it take you to come up with that original thought?"

It didn't matter. She couldn't answer it. She wouldn't answer it.

"Who will be waiting for you, if you do make it out of here? Katrine and Gerwald fooled you, your parents do not love you, your brother would rather be dead than to even meet you. There is nothing for you outside of the Darkness, child."

It was right. Scherezade knew that the voice was right. But she still had to fight it. If she could not make it out of of the Darkness, she would find the way to kill herself. Anything would be better than remaining there. Anything would be better than to be trapped inside this inky eternity with nothing but the voice to keep her company.

"There is not even a single person within the Confederacy who can stand you."

She had to find the way to make the voice stop. Make it shut up.

"You had two people before you entered the Darkness. You will have none when you leave it."

It was right. Of course it was right. But it would be so much better, so much better than this. The images and appearances of people inside her head continued to torment her. She was tired, too tired, and had nothing left to give them. No more screams, no more tears. Something inside her chest had hardened. She could feel the beat of her heart, but it was no longer the warm thumping, but a cold thudding, as though her heart had turned to stone.

The voice was right about everything. Everything. The images had been right as well. There was nothing for her out there. She had failed everybody and by doing so, had built something that had ensured she would never be wanted by anyone. Not as a friend, not as a lover, not as a member of the family. The very loneliness that had tugged at her before the Darkness was not a constant thing, and the only thing that protected her from it breaking her was her stony heart.

She would never love again. She would never smile again. She would never truly live again.

But she would not remain in the Darkness.

"Yes, child, yesssssssssss!"

A sword formed in her hand. It was made of the same inky blackness of the Dark. Only the Darkness could kill the Darkness, Scherezade knew. She was a Warrior, wherever she was. You could punch a bag, but you could not punch a mountain. Katrine's nickname for her had been entirely wrong, but so had been the name Asteria had reminded her that she had. She was not a pebble. She was not a deWinter.

She was the end.

Scherezade fought. She no longer wished to survive. But she would not be beaten into submission and wait out the end of her days in the Darkness. She would fight, and she would get out, and then she would find the way to die on her own terms.

"Let the monsters rise."

"Child... You are the monster."

[member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Aston Jacobs"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Gerwald had not been handling this well. To be fair he’d said the same thing to his siblings when they started sounding all frazzled. It was never them. Katrine could say it was her all she wanted, but he knew better. All of them had been there at one point where the wolf wanted the change so much it took over, along with the many versions of who the Lupine was or could be. That’s why Gerwald had wanted to talk to her. However, it had not been the right thing to say. He just hoped than when they finally talked again she would be in a better frame of mind. It was... killing Gerwald inside to think this would be the end of what he had found. Perhaps he needed to go back to Stewjon. Once the guy who hurt Scherezade was dead too.

He didn’t pay attention to how many days had passed, but it had been three. Gerwald’s mind was preoccupied with two questions.

Who was Katria?

Why had Katrine said she needed to tell him about Katria?

Gerwald could only assume the worse after the place everyone’s emotions had been. Gerwald was afraid she was going to tell him she found someone else. That would be the most devastating thing Gerwald could hear now, especially after telling Katrine that she had him.

He sat along the wall in Katrine’s quarters watching the monitor. Scherezade’s vitals were getting better. She was going to pull through. Gerwald hoped that meant Katrine would be able to forgive him. Regardless about how this resolved itself, he hoped that he would at least have her forgiveness. He wanted Scherezade’s also. Whether it was going to happen or not remained to be seen.

Ger stood up and looked at the girl...

”I’m sorry I hurt you... sorry I didn’t tell you. You have to pull out of this...”

He sat on the edge of the bed and put his head in hands...

”Alwine... Var... I really wish I had you here right now. I should have brought you two with me.”

Gerwald wondered what his siblings were up to now. He also ran the different responses through his head. They would certainly be giving him so much grief over it. Gerwald knew they wouldn’t let him live it down once they found out either...

Who was Katria...

Who was Katria...

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

The wolf had changed and the wolf had run again, leaving her own room... again because Katrine couldn't have stayed, couldn't have stayed near him where the wolf wanted to be, where the wolf didn't care about the troubles of the human heart. So, Katrine had tried her hardest to distance herself. She did, and a familiae scent outside of her suite had led her to find Aston, playing cards. The wolf hadn't cared for what he was doing, snout touching at his side, trying to catch his attention. Her presence had started the crew even though they knew what she was, they didn't expect her to show up in the form so out of the blue. The wolf hadn't cared though. Aston had saved her once, it had left a trace on the wolf, on the mindless version of Katrine herself who'd near been corrupted completely by Avarisa. It was different now but the wolf knew even in this state of thoughts, questions, wonder, and fear that Aston was someone who wouldn't hurt her no matter what.

~*~​

For the first two days, the wolf hadn't changed back into the human form. The crew had become more used to the animal moving about the Nocte Aranea as she wandered through her metalic home. She'd kept coming in and leaving her suite as she came to check up on Pebble plenty of times. The first night, she'd even jumped onto the bed and ended up falling asleep in the corner of her bed as she listened to Pebble's breathing before sleep had taken over her.

In the morning, the wolf had woken, stretching and nearly falling off her own bed before she'd jumped off. Her head seemed calmer, the voices seemed quieter. She grows stronger, Jart told her gently as her eyes opened to see the still sleeping form. It had been close to a week since she'd last heard his voice, ever since she'd dismissed him. Now, it came as a welcomed voice, her eyes searching for the spirit. At first she couldn't but after a moment, her vision cleared and realized he was standing at the top of the bed board. Just resting there. She whimpered quietly, paw moving over her face as she tried to cover it in shame. We know, Doashim had said, his red eyes suddenly staring at her. They'd been here, they had seen exactly whast had been going on. We can feel the child. The ichor had done as it was supposed to, Lylek told her. Her head rose, watching Jart with a curious expression.

There had been a damage to her connection, she hadn't told us. It has now been restored, Jart continued instead of the other spirits.

Eventually, the wolf had jumped down and skitted off into her dressing room, changing into her human form before she'd gone to have a shower then dressed. After that, she'd made her way to her sofa, taking a seat there for the timebeing. arranging her thoughts now that she could. Being a wolf had brought her a small sense of peace even though she hadn't been able to completely forgotten why she had been so adamant about nothing changing for so long. Her mind was still groggy on what had been happening the last couple of days before she had changed, especially the very last day. Elbow pressed into her knee and forehead rested into her palm as she tried to piece together what was still so messed. She could remember raising her voice as Gerwald attempted to tell her what to do, she remembered the words truth and freedom but it also jumbled up and out of order.

When she stood, some time after, stepping out of the ajoined room and into her bedroom, Katrine spotted Gerwald with his head in his hands just before he'd speak. Alwine and Var stood out in the sentance as she slowly walked to the bed, trying her best to focus on the minors. Pebble's vitals were almost completely back to normal as she sat on the opposite side of the bed, watching the girl. "Who are Alwine and Var?" She found herself asking unintentionally.

The longer days went by without some kind of resolution the more Gerwald didn’t know what to do. For him it had been three days without changing, though he was used to going this long without because of his mother. He heard the footsteps but unless she was going to talk to him he was of the kind it was still best to give her the space she needed. All he wanted at this point in time was to go back in time and fix everything. Hindsight was always 20/20, and all he knew was what he SHOULD have done. There was no way for him to undo anything, but he could change how things went forward.

”Alwine and Var... my sister and brother. You passed out, I’m not sure if you remember them or not...”

His initial response had been to ask who Katria was. That was the question on his mind right now, and he had the feeling he could not resolve anything until they talked about had happened before she changed. Gerwald never felt the need to be insecure about anything in his life, but now, he was unsure about even that. The wolf inside him was furious at the weak display of emotion. It just couldn’t understand what was happening and why he hadn’t been with Katrine for over a week. Why had he been denied the white wolf.

Ger stood from the bed and turned to face the blonde. She looked great, she always did. It’s part of what made the week difficult. Gerwald couldn’t help but still feel the attraction to her. The question had to be asked though, and before Scherezade woke up. They had to have their stuff figured out because it was only getting expontially worse when Scherezade was ready for the news. She wasn’t ever going to be ready, but it was going to have to come. There was no escaping any of this.

”How much do you remember about what happened before you changed,” he asked before getting to the question he really wanted to ask. By the force he wanted to touch her or hold her as he did, afraid it might be the last time. ”Who is Katria...”

Alwine and Var, his sister and brother. Katrine wondered back. She remembered talking to Asher, drinking all the delicious mead and then the scent of the other Lupine had sent her barely making her way across the crowded room before she'd found Gerwald. It seemed like years passed since that night. She felt like she wasn't even the same person now. She'd lost part of her innocence in the months behind her, she'd been losing in for months before that even. Katrine could remember the overwhelming scents after she'd been taken away, barely remembered anything other than it felt like floating. There was definitely more than one Lupine but she'd assumed it was because of Gerwald's mother. There was definitely a lot.

"I remember a lot of scents but I don't remember enough to recall faces," she admitted. It was probably why she hadn't drunk as much since. Alcohol was tasty but that kind of memory loss was a big deal for her. Almost like what she felt now, trying to recall what had happened in the last days. Katrine didn't like not knowing, losing moments in her life. "Why did they stay on Stewjon?" It was an odd question. It was odd talking to him again, and not about the issues at hand but Katrine wanted to know why two Lupines would choose to stay on a place like Strewjon where their Mother constantly kept suppressing their nature and leaving them with so many questions about their nature. Katrine based on this on their conversations but so far she didn't like the woman that much but then, she suspected neither she knew enough to comprehend how she was raising so her children wrong.

How much did she remember before she changed? She narrowed her eyes at him. It wasn't something she really wanted to talk about. More to do with her inability to remember yet than the way he'd spoken to her. "I remember you telling me to change," she told him first, willing to continue with the two words she recalled when Gerwald asked who Katria was. The blonde froze suddenly. Had she mentioned Katria? "What did I say about Katria?" Katrine threw out first before letting out a sigh. "Katria is my friend and she's...," the sentence hung in the air for a moment as she rolled her shoulders back. "I didn't want to do this like this. I didn't want to do this week at all. Not after what happened with Pebble and definitely not after what you told me," the Witch said, looking at the sleeping teenager now. "Katria is someone I have feelings for. Someone I've had feelings for a while now and someone who's saved my life. And she'd recently admitted she had feelings for me. But I didn't want to do anything with her because I wanted to be honest with you first." Head rose and turned to face him, pointedly even to stress out the word honest. It was what she was asking of him. She wasn't even asking of him to be with anyone else but her, she just didn't want to be the last one to know, after everything had gone far enough.

[member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

Gerwald sighed. Why had they stayed on Stewjon? This was not going to make him look any better to her at all.

”They stayed because I left early, we left early, without them. I hadn’t really said anything about... leaving.”

Clearly Gerwald lived in his own mind too much. His feelings and thoughts were held so close to his chest it was a wonder that Katrine or Scherezade had managed to get as close to him as they had. His own siblings hadn’t even known what he had really been thinking. This was not helping him in the honesty department. It was only making him look like a guarded person. He was. His mother had drilled it into him, and only now was Gerwald learning what it was to be free.

He shook his head and laughed.

”I have single handedly managed to screw up my entire life by being the guarded little lupine my mother raised. Dammit,” Ger didn’t mean to say it out loud, but he had. Certain things just came out of his mouth after the way the week had gone.

Then she explained Katria, and the news forced Gerwald onto his feet. Another person she had feelings for, for a while now? He wanted to be angry, but as he looked over to Scherezade and then Katrine, he knew he couldn’t be. How would that be fair? He didn’t have to like the idea though. At least it was going to force clarity on the issue they seemed to not understand about each other.

Honest...

The word was emphasized again.

”That point has been made. I even admitted it, but I’m not sure you remember.... you were you, but you weren’t... I think I met just about every voice in your head, and the wolf...”

Ger was still ignoring what had been said about Katria. The man was trying to process what the wolf didn’t understand. Maybe Alwine was right all along, just be the wolf...

”I know you haven’t asked me to be with only you. You’ve explained your culture, what you’ve been taught. I haven’t not been hearing you. You know how things are on Stewjon... I’ve told you that...”

He didn’t know how to say what he needed to, WANTED, to say.

”Right now all I know is I love you, and I never meant to hold anything back, from either of you. I want to be upset that it took this to find out about your feelings for Katria... I want to be upset that I might not be enough to fill your entire heart. Call it ego, but there it is. I am about to break Scherezade’s heart, and there is no one else in her heart. She certainly won’t understand...”

“It’s never been about you taking my freedom, letting me be with others, or even having feelings for others. When I have said anything it has only ever been about choice, a choice that even you said we have to make together. I asked you what you wanted, who you wanted. There was no Katria then... just the beast. I don’t know how to process this right now. Are you telling me so you can, asking for permission... or are you trying to figure out if this changes something?”

So he was upset, but because he wasn’t sure what Katrine was doing. Gerwald was confused, and afraid.

”I just need to know, and the only thing I know is that I love you, and that I’ve hurt everyone I love since leaving Stewjon...”

Maybe he was just angry at himself.

They stayed because they left early without them... Katrine kept staring at her. "They... you... we... We just left them there!" She suddenly found herself protesting. She was drunk, hungover, she wasn't thinking completely clearly to notice everything around her. Right now, she couldn't believe his siblings had never come up. "You can't just leave them there, Gerwald," Katrine insisted. For a split second, she'd forgotten about the situation they were in, now realizing there were two Lupines stuck on a planet they shouldn't have been, where they couldn't be free. It wasn't fair, or right. She'd been in their shoes, judged for what she was but at least her parents encouraged all of them to be themselves, to be free and strong, to understand what a Lupine was. Clearly, they didn't have the same luck.

"Perhaps now would be...," a soft voice spoke through the room as Gerwald made his comment about his life. "Not now, Arki," Katrine responded immediately, interrupting the voice. A figured appeared on the nightstand, a small projection. "That's alright, Kat. You'll be sorry later." The holographic image appearing as her Mother faded almost immediately but Katrine only glared in her direction as she had begun explaining about Katria.

Gerwald had stood and she looked at him, watching him switching his gaze between her and Pebble before he spoke about the point made. About how she was she but wasn't and how he'd met all the voices in her head and the wolf. She looked at him, confused. "I doubt it. At a week, I'm still pretty good," she blurted out without thinking. Her memories weren't there yet so she wasn't exactly sure what it was that he'd meant but she did eventually remember the other times so she half a rough idea on what he was talking about.

He still kept talking, pointing out he'd heard her, reminding her of Stewjon. "Your culture confuses me but then, a lot of cultures confuse me so that's no surprise," she admitted of the bat though he knew that already.

What he did, however, was saying was that he loved her and had no intention of holding but. But he did, she reminded herself as he talked about Katria, about wanting to be upset that he might not be enough to fill her entire heart. Ego. And Pebble wouldn't understand. He kept talking, talking about what they've talked about, about her wanting the beast, not mentioning Katria. She sighed as she listened. Was she asking for permission or figuring out if it changed anything? "Back then, I cared for a girl who had an amulet on and never revealed her thoughts. And I can like more people, I've just never done anything about it. I've never known how until you showed up. And I couldn't stop myself with you." Her voice grew quieter as she spoke, sapphire gaze focused on him now. "It doesn't change what I feel for you. It didn't change what I felt about you. I'm not asking you for your permission but I still want a union when we'll be honest with each other and be okay with each other's choices."

He needed to know... Katrine stood from the bed and moved around to come and face him. "I need you to understand something. Figaro Favoura VII has one Overlord now. We've been there for so long by ourselves that that is our right. But when I'm crowned, I don't intend to spend it alone. I need a partner in that. An equal partner to help me. And I chose you, Gerwald. Everything else, is us being open and honest with each other, both being free but being together. I don't know how else to live." Not anymore. Katrine wasn't her Mother or her Father. They needed each other and could live apart from each other for long periods of time. Katrine understood that to an extent but in ways, her heart was bigger, it needed more. Already, it was filled with them, her siblings, Aston, Damien, all the family she had in her life. And it seemed to grow bigger as she felt. It was the only thing that had saved her from Avarisa, along with the kiss to remind her. Saved her. And now here she was, even able to be in this place, confused, unsure, still worried about her Ward and still unable to just let go.

[member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

Scherezade has said the exact same thing. He knew it, but what could he do about it now. Right now Scherezade was fighting for her life, Gerwald was trying to comprehend the fact he would have to share Katrine with another, yet she was the one she was choosing. Not to mentions there was a digital assistant of some kind trying to give them news. His siblings had been the reason for it popping in too. Was that something he could deal with? Was there news?

Ger pushed the question down. They had to deal with the issue at hand.

”I know we can’t. Scherezade offered to help me get them... I can’t reach them though... something is wrong, and then well, all this. I can’t go find out until I know she’s okay.”

He shrugged when Katrine mentioned she was confused by his culture. The truth was he was confused by hers. She needed him to let her be free, and yet he with him. She didn’t know any other way. Gerwald only knew his parents. The other couples on Stewjon as well. Only the royalty had multiple partners, and the mess it caused, what they were going through now paled in comparison.

Her nodded.

”You had my answer at the waterfall, Katrine. I want to say I left Stewjon because of the Confederacy... that would only be a half truth. The truth... I couldn’t stop myself with you either. I don’t mean that as an excuse, it just is...”

Love. It made people do crazy things. Theirs was to be a union. It was the first time that word had been used. Partner, claiming, other words had been used to explain, but this was different. It was the right word. They’d both been trying to communicate what they wanted, but in different ways. Gerwald wanted to find a reason to be upset about this. His mind simply wouldn’t let him see the difference between what she was saying, and what he had just done. He had been with Scherezade in the most intimate of ways possible. When they had shared the heart, it was not meaningless.

Ger sighed.

”We said we would decide together. You are going to be who you are, I would never want to change that. It’s not love if I wanted to. I cannot say I am sorry enough, and I’ll say it more when it come time to face Scherezade. I should have told you, I should have. Honesty then... I promise no more secrets. I cannot lose you from my life... and I cannot lose her.”

At this point Gerwald had shifted. He was no longer trying to make sense of Katria, but expressing his fear. Gerwald was afraid of being alone. He had been made for a pack, to lead one or be part of one, but a pack was not a pack alone. He didn’t want to be alone.

Pebble had already offered but he couldn't reach them. Something was wrong but he couldn't go until Scherezade was okay. Katrine let it go, for the sole reason that she couldn't leave her either, already thinking of her as family. Leaving one family to find another was out of the question. She had done this when she had thought her other siblings safe and what had happened? Ram had come after her and Katrine still wasn't sure if she had felt Seren or not during the parade. "When she's better," Katrine said as she nodded.

She was surprised when Gerwald said she had his answer at the waterfall. What he said, at the moment, Katrine had assumed he'd meant at the moment. Especially since the next time they were together, the songs were driving them to be so honest, moving them in ways she hadn't expected, not with the situation at hand. He'd left Stewjob only partly because of the Confederacy but he couldn't stop himself with her either. The Witch just listened, watching him. The fact that he'd kept something from her so important was weighing over her still but that didn't change how she felt. If she didn't, this would be a lot easier. It wouldn't hard hurt as much either. She'd gotten jealous, something she'd never felt before, something she hadn't thought she was even capable of but more than anything, she'd been hurt for being kept in the dark.

They were going to decide together. And he wouldn't want to change her. That was part of what she was asking, what she was giving in return. He couldn't say he was sorry enough and he'd repeat it once Pebble was awake. She glanced over at the teenager, reminded now she was going to have to live through what she'd lived through except there wouldn't be conversations like they were having now. It made her hurt again even if she was listening to him still. He should have told her. Katrine nodded, even when she wasn't looking at him but didn't speak. I promise no more secrets, he gave his word, making Katrine look at him again. He couldn't lose her, either of them. Her feet moved, bringing her a little closer to him but she didn't touch him still. "I promise I won't keep any secrets from you either. Honest and true," she vowed in return.

Gerwald nodded.

”When she is better...”

He wasn’t sure how his siblings would feel about seeing him again. It would have seemed like a betrayal to him. How else would his brother and sister see what he did. He had left them, when they were very close, but this was not something he should have done to them. Katrine understood though, they both loved Scherezade, for different reasons, but they loved her none the less.

There seemed to be some confusion when Gerwald had told Katrine she had her answer at the water fall. The music, it had made them honest, too honest perhaps. It had been another moment where Gerwald could have said something and didn’t. He had been on his way to see Scherezade. It would have been easy to say they needed to check on her. Much of this could have been avoided. Gerwald could keep having to tell himself that he couldn’t change the past. He could only change how he acted going forward.

Honest and true... it was a reminder that Gerwald had not been. Again. There was still going to be a pang of guilt and shame when he heard those words. She took a step closer, and Gerwald moved near her once more. He reached to rest his hand on her cheek, if she would allow it. Gerwald needed to touch, needed her to look at him.

”Now let’s hope she wakes up soon. I’m still on pins and needles. I won’t forgive myself if she doesn’t...”

The first day, the Darkness would not relent. She had the sword in her hand, the sword that she had created from the very Darkness itself. She had challenged the monsters, and the voice in her head kept insisting that it was she who was the monster. It made no sense, but she was too busy to think it over. Thinking, she had decided, was inherently bad. The worst things happened when she thought. That was when all her fears popped up. That was when she was her parents, her friends, the few things, returned to plague her mind. There was one way to defend herself from that, and it wasn’t the sword. It was not thinking.

Her heart had turned to stone. Whereas she had previously spent the years in the Darkness with a warm and beating heart, it had done nothing to save her, nothing to protect her. A warm and beating heart was a weakness. She had to kill it, and thus, she had demanded the stone to grow over it. Once she was free of the Darkness, once she knew how things outside of the Darkness were now that probably so many years had passed, she would not feel it. She would not gaze at new things in wonder. She would not permit herself to become excited, to bubble, to… To feel love. Feelings, were a weakness. When you felt things towards people, you merely gave them the tools to hurt and harm you. Here in the Darkness, there was only her heart of stone, her Sword of Darkness, and the monsters that had to be defeated.

She knew how to kill things. She excelled at that. Her sword was her weapon now, as she had not found any daggers within the Darkness. But she had adapted, taken in all the lessons she had been given prior to being tossed into the Darkness again. The Darkness would test her, the Darkness would not relent, but she would destroy the Darkness and set herself free.

There had been nothing that first day. Only the same inky blackness in every direction. She had swung her sword anyway, swung it forward, stabbed the air, walked forward. Always forward. No more circles, no more going back. The galaxy continued without her, she knew, and she continued without it. There would be no sleep here, no need to rest, so she cut her way forward and pressed on. Sooner or later, she knew, something would give. Something would nudge. And she would use and abuse it when it did, she would claw her way out screaming and kicking.

She was tired. She was so tired. She was tired of the tears, she was tired of the fears, she was tired of fighting her warm and beating heart that tried to fight against the stone that she had placed around it. She did not want to feel anything. In order to not feel anything, she had to press forward. No thinking.

The second day was no longer a lonely one. The day before had been a challenge not to think, but the second day had given her the means to do so; she fought as apparitions appeared in front of her. Nothing from her real life, nothing that she had seen with her own eyes or in the memories granted to her by her grandmother, who was apparently very much missing from the Darkness at present.

The second day was also full of him. Him, whom she had confessed her heart to, back when she had one that worked. He jumped at her from the Darkness, always laughing, always looking at her with those blue eyes. “You promised me,” she almost cried once, and “I lied” was the reply. Sometimes he would spring at her all alone. Sometimes, he was accompanied by other creatures, other monsters. Every time, she stabbed him with the Sword of Darkness. On some basic, animalistic level, she knew that it was not him. No. The real Gerwald had appeared to her with Katrine, when they told her she had been used. These fakes were merely an attempt to seal her in, to make sure she never escaped.

She would escape. Days, years, centuries. She would not remain here. The last time she had left was because she had been permitted to leave. Now she would force her way out.

And constantly, all the time, the voice whispered in her mind. The whispers had changed now. It tried to tell her that she could leave, that she was all right. But she knew it was just more trickery of the Darkness. There were no kind voices inside her head; perhaps, there never had been. Memories of pleasant times blurred and became a lie of the past. There would be no place for lies. Not anymore. She would make it out, and she would start again. If the Confederacy still existed, she would leave it. The Unknown Territories, her original destination when she left the CIS space the last time, were still her goal. You could always find something in a place that had nothing.

It was an eternity before the second day ended. Things were becoming more and more tangible now. The creatures that tried to constrict her to the Darkness no longer vanished. She could smell their blood. She could feel their meat and bones as she stabbed them. Was it a day? Was it a century? She did not know. The reek of their rot reached her nose and she delighted in it. If things were tangible, it meant that things were becoming less of the Darkness. That was what it had to mean; there were no alternatives. She would not have any alternatives.

But the third day…

Emerald eyes opened into a warm and sunny planet. The sky was the clear blue, that one special hue that would always make her feel at home. There were forests, and lakes, fields of food and animals in the farms. She knew where she was eve without needing to be told. This was Endelaan. Not the real Edelaan, but Edelaan nonetheless. When her ancestors ruled it, they had called their empire the Empire of Infinite Darkness. Perhaps that was why, while she was inside the Darkness itself, she found a link, a connection to that place.

Again her heart threatened to beat. She swallowed it down. This felt real. This did not feel like the Darkness, and yet it did. Real… Not real… Real… Not real… Which was it?

The capital city lay deserted. She walked through it, realizing only now that there were clothes on her body; the same clothes that the natives often wore, rough spun fabric draped around her form. It wasn’t practical for someone who wielded the Sword of Darkness, but it would do. She knew where she was going. The voice in her head told her to leave, to turn back, to go forward, to claim her throne. She ignored it. That voice had plagued her for years now, or centuries, or… She didn’t know how long.

Her heart beat.

She screamed, willing it to stop. Willing the stone to return. It would not. There was nothing here that she could stab, nothing here that she could kill. She was home, she was on Endelaan, and yet she was alone, without even monsters to remove, people to stab, something to slaughter. Endelaan was a place of ghosts now, of distant memories.

Somehow, she had entered the Forbidden Temple. Her face was wet with tears as she looked at the empty thrones, knowing of the paths into the caverns below that were hidden behind them. Endelaan, waiting in the corner of the galaxy, waiting for a rightful King and Queen. Endelaan, for which she had wanted to be a shield and sword, had vowed to protect even if she could not lead. Endelaan, dead and dying, void of the blood such a place needed.

She had failed.

She had been in the Darkness too long. Her brother was dead. Her parents did not want to come back as long as she lived. For her choices, for all the things she had done that had made her ultimately weak, she had killed Endelaan. The one place in the galaxy that mattered to her more than herself, the place where she had feared to come and step foot on because she was inadequate. Gone.

She looked at the empty thrones and knelt, her head bowed low. The Sword of Darkness felt heavy in her hands. The voice inside her head had gone silent; another sign of her choice being the right one. After so long, at last, she had made the correct decision.
Scherezade lifted the sword, and stabbed her heart.

rosedic2.png

Emerald green eyes snapped open. The sky was blue and purple. No, not sky. Ceiling. She had seen this ceiling before, but the memory was a fuzzy one. She supposed the Darkness would not let her, would not let her leave. She had stabbed her own heart with the Sword of Darkness and perhaps... Perhaps, instead of releasing her, she had been sucked back in, deeper this time. There could be no other explanation.

There were people here. She could sense it before her vision snapped into place. Her eyes moved towards where their presence came from and she saw them... Katrine and Gerwald, in a moment of caress.

We totally had you fooled.
I sold you to Avarisa.
Our beautiful son.
Everyone was in on it.

Scherezade roared as she jumped from the bed, the monitors that had been strapped to her ripping away. This was them, this was truly them. Not the random apparitions that she had killed time and time again in the Darkness, but the them that had come to tell her what they had done. The ones that had fooled her. Trapped her. Sold her. And now she had been spat back to them, put at their mercy.

Fire burst form her hands as she took another step away from the bed. They would hurt her again. Sell her again. Use her again. She would not let them. The voice inside her head tried to whisper, tried to talk, but she would not hear it. Chair after chair in the room Combusted as the fire left her hands, hitting everywhere; walls, wardrobe, bed.

But it was not enough. It was never enough. When faced with one, a sword was enough. With two, she needed more weapons. Scherezade turned around and ripped one of the legs off the bed. She held it high above her head as the pole turned into the Sword of Darkness - another confirmation that she was still trapped within it, another confirmation that she had to kill them again and again. Another confirmation that her heart should be stone. This was not a place for those who's heart could beat.

The Sith Warrior knew who must die first, and she launched at Katrine, her Sword of Darkness ready to mutilate her chest and cut her heart out.

[member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

His hand reached for her cheek and rather than moving, she allowed it, eyes closing for a second as her head leaned into it for a second. Gerwald said they should hope Pebble woke soon as he wouldn't forgive himself if she didn't. "She will. Even Jart could tell she'd grown stronger. They repaired her connection and can see her again," she pointed out, sapphire gaze looking up.

The roar made her pull away and turn, seeing Scherezade jumping off the bed, monitors giving a violent flat line as she ripped off everything from her person. A smile began to spread on her face only to disappear as the first piece of furniture exploded. It made her jump slightly as she stared, fire forming on her hands, hitting everywhere. "Pebble! What are you doing?!" Katrine asked with a raised voice, stick shock until she realized the flames were reaching the material separating her room and the walk-in closet. "There are my Mother's clothes there!" A concerned frown form and she had every intention of drawing out the oxygen out to make it stop but she looked back at the teenager first as it was, seeing her charging at her.

Instead of the Force, Katrine summoned the ichor at the sight of the sword in her Ward's hand, pulling out her sword from its depths. She barely had any time as she reached for it and met the arriving sword. "Pebble, you're confused," she spoke stuck together, "Kamon attacked you, he almost killed you. You've been recovering for a week now. Please, remember. It's me, it's Katrine." She would fight as much as it took to defend herself, to try to get Pebble to remember. She is confused. Her mind had been through much more, Jart told her first. She attacks the Nightmother! Doashim roared in anger. Lylek followed: Betrayal!

Her eyes narrowed because of their words. "Shut up, both of you. She just got out of a comma. It's Pebble, just let me talk to her!" She snapped at the two before her gaze focused back on Pebble, trying to push her backward with just half of her strength, not wanting to get her to lose all her balance. "Pebble, please. It's me, it's Kat. Please, remember," she pleaded again. At the moment, in the roar and attack, in the fire spreading, she'd managed to forget what she'd been dealing with throughout the week as she'd slept. She'd been so focused first on her Ward's recovery and then on her attack that she hadn't had time to think of anything else or anyone else, still in this room.

"She is awake," A.R.K.I. announced, though there seemed to be a hint of annoyance in her voice as her ship was fire. The artificial intelligence was already working through the ship's system and activating the sprinkler system throughout the room.

It was if on cue, right as the words came out of Katrine’s mouth, Scherezade woke. Gerwald was going to have to adjust to Katrine hearing from the spirits, things he did not believe in. They were as real as he was, and it bothered him to no end to think that it was possible. How, and were the gods of Stewjon just as real, or fiction made by the elite to control the masses they needed in order to keep their caste afloat. There was no time to think on such matters. Scherezade has awoke, and somehow had managed to form a sword. Katrine followed suit.

Gerwald was speechless. The two women he cared for most were fighting, and Scherezade looked intent to kill. She had to be stopped and Katrine was doing so the only way she knew how.

This was certainly not how Ger imagined things happening when she woke. A calm set of eyes opening, groggy, not recognizing where they were, looking for Katrine to help her, that is what he imagined. Instead she sought to destroy. Gerwald should have expected this. Scherezade was no stranger to violence. It was the air she breathed, and Gerwald should have known, but what had triggered it. M

His mind ruffled through many of their conversations, things spoken in the privacy of their intimate quarters.

The darkness. The reason Katrine called her Pebble. She had been back in the darkness.

”It was the darkness, Scherezade... you’re out. You are free. This isn’t the darkness. It’s Katrine, it’s me...”

Everything was on fire, though the ship had set off the fire suppression system. They were going to be wet. It was hopefully enough to quench the fire, and perhaps pull Scherezade out of the nightmare he mind must have been stuck in. The rage coming from her was unlike anything he had ever seen from her. What could be causing it? He tried to step between them, but he couldn’t, not without harming himself and the others.

”Snap out of it Scherezade deWinter. It’s been a week. You were hurt. Katrine found you. I carried you here. You’re okay!”

They had to calm her down. Gerwald was afraid he might have to knock her out. He hoped it wouldn’t come to that. Ger hopes their words would reach her before she caused more damage, or killed someone.

"More lies!" Scherezade half spat. Her initial move had been blocked, but it didn't matter. She pressed the attack on. She knew how to fight. She had been taught by a skilled person and she had practiced... An uncertain amount of time within the Darkness, as well as some out of it. Kat might have blocked her first attack, but more came coming. Kat could block the Sword of Darkness from reaching her heart, but she had kneecaps, lower abdomen, shoulders, and face. She would not be able to protect everything.

Her free hand did not remain empty. Her eyes were laser focused as she continued to lead the assault on Katrine, but she did not stop there. Gerwald had spoken too, drawing more fury from the wakened Sith.

"I have waited years to make the real you pay!" she screamed, the Sutta Chwituskak forming in her left hand. The orb was big, bigger than the ones Gerwald had seen her form on Coruscant, and its light glowed with the deadly intent of killing. She threw it at Gerwald's face before returning her full attention to Katrine.

She was angry. Oh Force, the anger flowed through her. Her eyes shone brighter than ever before, both within ad without of the Darkness. If she'd had a moment to see herself she would have marveled. But no. This was not the time to feel pretty, to feel stronger. This was the time to kill the people responsible for her torment, the people who had sold her to the Darkness and to the spirit that constantly tried to nag in the back of her mind.

She had wanted to remove Katrine's eyes with the Sword of Darkness with her last move, but instead she merely knocked the sword our of Katrine's hand. It vanished into the air and Scherezade knew it could be re-summoned. She had to work fast. Her leg kicked out, aiming to send Katrine into the wall behind her. She wouldn't wait to see if the little blonde would regain her balance or not.

"You have fooled me," she heaved, her sword ready to come down, "you made me believe I had family. You trained me like one oils a piglet for the cooking. You worked with people to make me believe..." she looked at Gerwald. She would kill him soon too, as she had thousands of time before to his apparitions. "you made me believe I was not alone. And you have sold me to Avarisa to protect yourself and ensured I remained in the Darkness."

She returned to Kat again. "I will kill you a thousand times for what you have done. And I will break free."

An with that, she aimed her sword true into the heart of her enemy.

@Katrine Van-Dervels [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

Gerwald spoke, telling her almost the same things she was telling her. Instead, Pebble had called it more lies, then screaming she had waited years to make her pay. It confused her but there seemed no time to dwell on it what she had said. "She said years," somewhere further away, A.R.K.I said quietly but Katrine wasn't listening right now to the background commentary as she held her balance.

She kept talking, kept accusing, confusing her more. Her mind, however, went into hyperdrive when Scherezade said she had sold her to Avarisa, eyes narrowing as she wrapped her head around details. "The ghost is dead," somewhere in the back A.R.K.I. had commented from her records. "Avarisa died in 356 BBY, on Primeday. Her bones were shattered in 850 ABY, on a Zhellday, by Katrine Van-Derveld Hawk, destroying her connection to the physical realm," the A.I. recited as her image appeared in the middle of the room, watching the room. The fire suppression system was heavily at work through the water was falling through her. Katrine, on the other hand, was getting wet, feeling the drops tickle at her nose as she kept watching Pebble, losing her balance in the distraction and the sword leaving her grasp. She felt it fade into the ichor before she was kicked back, feet shuffling backward as she attempted not to fall. Not graceful at all.

"Avarisa's gone, you were on Orcus. She's gone. I'm free," Katrine said as she worked on her balance again, "I couldn't give anyone of my family up to her even if she was. And you are my family. I lost my big sister, I couldn't lose you. I love you, Pebble. And hear me when I say, it has only been a week, no more," Katrine said, sapphire gaze focused on the sword in Pebble's hand as her hand outstretched, summoning the sword out of the ichor again, feeling like this was far from over. Her connection to the Force was distant still, it was the ichor that was in her grasp now and she would use the tools she had. Katrine had no intention of hurting Pebble but she also didn't know how to stand still and take the punches for whatever she was being accused of doing when she hadn't.

The sword didn't come fast enough, Katrine jumped away as the sword came into proximity. "Scherezade! Pull yourself together, now," her tone turned serious, calling the name of the girl she never used. Not since the first time she'd been scorned for using the nickname Pebble before it had been accepted by the teenager. The more she tried, the more Katrine could tell Pebble was locked into a state of mind where she didn't listen to reason. And Katrine was losing ways to explain it to her.

Gerwald hadn’t missed the fact the sithling had said years. She was delusional, and something had triggered her. Avarisa was a new name to Gerwald since his involvement with Katrine. She had explained who she was, but only in explaining why he and Scherezade hadn’t been aware she was playing their game. Oh to go back to Dragonflower or Orcus where things had been simple, when they behaved like a close family. On Dragonflower Gerwald had been embarrassed about being naked in front of them both because of his upbringing on Stewjon. He learned not to care, and that had become part of his problem he supposed.

Without a weapon Gerwald felt naked. He didn’t know how to stop Scherezade. However when Katrine said her actual name, that was surprising. She never called Scherezade anything but Pebble. It was the reason Gerwald never had. Scherezade was her family... Again Gerwald felt guilty. He had put Katrine in a position where she had not known that the other had feelings for him, and Scherezade had not known about Katrine’s feelings.

Gerwald hoped for all things good that he would not be the cause of destroying that relationship.

”It has only been a week, I promise you,” Gerwald said after dodging the orb which was thrown at him. He stepped closer to Scherezade. It was a risk, but if anyone was going to be in danger, it should be him. ”We are on Coruscant, you took me to the penthouse, we hopped from cab to cab... I got you sickeningly drunk... it hasn’t even been a month since then!”

He hoped he would get through this time. Ger looked over to Katrine. They were both lost, but knew they needed to help her snap out of it.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom