Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech C-N:FA01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a ship product to sell to other shipbuilding companies as my company description says I do.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Koensayr Manufacturing
Model: C-N:FA01
Affiliation: open market
Modularity: programmable
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Electronic Componets
Description: While it's fully capable of operating as a standard navigational computer, the C-N:FA01 was designed from the outset with military ships in mind. It's been insulated from other ship systems to prevent electrical surges from causing damage, say if life support went down there's more than an electrical breaker protecting it, a breaker that now doesn't need to be reset to allow the computer to reboot before it can begin calculations again.

That is however the most minor of ways this is different from a standard computer. What truly makes this unique and earning it the FA designation is that it's always running. Course trajectories and destinations are continuously updating based on the ship's galactic orientation allowing for quick pursuit or escapes from poor engagements. This does cause a lot of junk data that is improperly deleted as most of the available runtime is devoted to calculations requiring near weekly maintenance from the ships I.T. to assist in defragging. Though in a safe system a ship's commander can disable the auto-updating.

Commanders can have the computer always have a course plotted to a specific location like a nearby fleet staging point, or a range of places like the nearest system with a yard, uninhabited system, or nearly any other thing they can think of. However if a specific system is selected the number of parallel plots it can run drops from four to two as the computer will have to calculate a longer and more convoluted path if the ship is facing the wrong direction. Upon initialization of the hyperdrive the navigator will have a choice of plotted courses to choose from based on the target settings.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Domino"] - Innovative. Probably not suitable for small ships. On balance, I have no problem stamping what's basically an IC justification for what most people do anyway. Approvdd pending secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom