Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply By blood we learn.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Home..

Tag | Open

Within the swamps of Nal Hutta, a violent and terrible screaming of the force reached out... With its source being an armor clad woman meditating in front of an old shack. Despite the many years it had been here, none of the locals dared to touch it.. They claim the land to be cursed, guarded by a pale creature that stalked the night many years ago.

It was once home, and now it would serve as something new. Memories, filled to the brim with emotion. This was no dark nexus by any means, but the land gave her strength even still.

Like how she had once waited in a somber field of unmarked graves, once again her twisted force called out. It was a test, she craved to dig her claws into someone.

But why return to such a place? It is by blood we learn, the price of one's own self. Remaining idle was for the weak, and by every layer of hell she hated weakness... Weakness and corruption were so deeply rooted in the very core of existence, and she would be the one to rip it out, whether they understood the kindness or not.

Here not only could she overpower her past, but there was also a chance to teach someone... Her call was louder this time, the dark welcome mat given out to whoever would answer this call.

Today could be a fight, or perhaps not... Fate was funny in that way.

Nar Shaddaa
Tags: Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua
MhdkctD.png

<Such a racket...>

An old man shuffled into view, a walking stick in hand. Large stature, lumbering movements, and the shuffling of lower mechanical limbs across the dusty floor. Kalrath did not speak. No, his voice was reserved for purpose. He would use his mouth when the time was proper. Instead his words echoed out in the force, filling the minds of those around him...

Or the mind of one individual that lingered before the structure ahead.

<It seems unwise to scream into the void,> the ancient Sith observed. <A hook catches prey and predator indiscriminantly...>

He wasn't quite sure what this one was looking for...

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Home

Tag | Lord Kalrath Lord Kalrath

She opens her eyes, only a faint amount of glow appearing from behind her visor.

"No Jedi... Typical, not like any ever bothered being here all anyway."

With an agitated grunt the armor clad woman stands, gazing at the old man.

"I have yet to meet you... Darth Keres."

Any knowledgeable within the order, or those who study rumor would know the name. And if you knew the name, you knew why her very essence and force seemed to scrape its claws into every living thing. A General under the emperor with a deadly ambitious hunger, her call stopped for now as she intended to question this old man.

"Why is it you find yourself here on this moondrunk night?"

Oh moondrunk monster, so beautiful and strange..

Nar Shaddaa
MhdkctD.png

"Why is it you find yourself here on this moondrunk night?"

<Boredom,> the ancient Twi’lek stated bluntly with a shrug. <When one lives past the time of flesh, days become… inconsequential.>

The man seemed unbothered by her title. He had heard of it, but he had little interest in the current regime of the Sith. He was not a man who followed emperors anymore. Kalrath followed the whims of chaos now, going where he pleased. Raising hell on Manaan had revived a primal hunger deep within him, one that craved for the death of civilization, for all things to burn…

As well as the death of a certain bloodline.

But all in due time. He had plenty of time after all. A thousand years and more, and still Kalrath stood. The old Sith was not one to go quietly into the night. He lingered like a plague, just out of reach.

<Kalrath…> the man introduced. <I suppose I am not the sort you seek… I am past my prime by several hundreds of years now. Your brood have no interest in shadows…>

Past his prime, but his aura remained dripping with power all the same. He was a remnant of a bygone era, the last of his kind.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Home

Unexpectedly, she broke out into a manic laughter. It echoed out of her helm as she clapped her metal clad hands together.

"Oh I understand my dear, time has little meaning to me."

Adeline sighs with joy, this was going to be great.

"Ignoring the shadows is how fools die, I know you have stimulated my interest for sure.."

A sharp smiles forms behind her mask.

"Tell me Kalarath, how do you cure boredom? What really drives you? For someone as aged as you it is interesting you- Hrm that you never once have been part of modern politics, do you hate them as well? I need to know more, if I enjoy the answers I think I could bring vigor back to you."

The vampiress taps her metal claws together in a rhythm, saving all the words she wanted to say for now.. It wouldn't take much to sense her anticipation.

Nar Shaddaa
MhdkctD.png

Kalrath let out a gentle scoff. The sound alone seemed to make the air crackle.

<My vigor has not yet left me,> he assured. <It is… simply muted. I know the path I walk… but no, I take interest in politics no longer.>

He turned, thoughtfully rubbing at his cane.

<I have served countless Empires. They rise and fall all the same. I have seen the cycle of the Sith repeat over thousands of years,> He gave a slight tilt of his head. <Yet I linger on… Witnessing the failure of that institution has filled me with a rage not even my ancient enemy could rise.>

The Sith were a mess. Weak, fractured, too wrapped up in the pleasantries of wealth and high living. This was about wiping the slate clean, burning it to the ground. Yet here they squabbled in the luxury of their adversaries, the Republic. Or Galactic Alliance, whichever it was. Sith were to stand opposed to civilization, yet time and time again they chained themselves to it. It frustrates Kalrath to no end.

<But the air changes again,> he noted. <I feel a coming storm that threatens to throw off the balance. This… excites me greatly.>

He shifted back towards her.

<I am not keen to answer with no return,> Kalrath stated. <You call out, but what is it you seek? Surely this isn’t just boredom, no?>

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Home

"Yes! Riddled with idle pleasures! Rotting with corruption! The whole galaxy needs to be baptized by fire and blood does it not? I knew there was something special about you old man, you and I both embrace the coming storm."

Within the blink of an eye she formed into a swarm of bats, reforming almost right in front of him.

"By blood we learn, this is something I figured out so long ago right here on this very ground. It is the ultimate price, and with such a price... We learn, adapt. Or we die, there is no mercy given."

She pauses, thinking over his question... Why was she here again in the first place?

"Ah, I was hopeful to kill someone tonight.. Yes. But, we have things in common."

Her eyes inspect him more, the old flesh, robotics...

"Muted is a way to put it, do you know what I am? What I could make you? It just takes a little drop of my cursed blood to make a man able to go beyond himself... And if my blood truly enters you? I could make you such a beautiful monster, even your missing parts would come back.. Your youthful looks, if you care about such a thing. All it takes is just a little deal, a small pact."

A deal with the devil, a wonderfully delicious poison it was. Her blood was able to make the apex, yet was it wise to make deals with creatures such as her?

"All I request is that for just a nice droplet from me, the souls of any you kill are sacrificed to me. Don't worry about how it works dear, though.. If you desire to have what I do? The strength to even crush beskar with raw jaw power? Sands frozen in time, existing outside of the reality of age. I ask not only for the souls of those you kill, but upon your final death your soul will be mine."

Almost limitless strength, even regeneration.

"My gifted blood even regenerates limbs... Tsk, do you really have to worry about your own soul? You are old for a reason after all, not like you would perish right?"

Adeline chuckles a bit, keeping her saber on her belt as a sign of no hostile intent so far.

"But alas, if you aren't one for deals, I would love to hear more about what you think of the galaxy as a whole."

In truth, not only did his views so far line up right with her own... But his anger only excited the woman on, she thrived on hate and rage, you could say it was her specialty really.

Nar Shaddaa
MhdkctD.png

Kalrath let out an exhale of amusement. Turn him into a beautiful monster? That was a new one.

<Such generosity,> Kalrath observed. <But I pledge myself to nobody. I have soaked in dark springs of ancient knowledge, seen that which has been lost to time. The
Way of Voice guides me… all I must do is speak…>

“Tremble.”

Ancient energy spills out from his mouth. Even muffled by his mask, the force is enough to shatter the ground around them in a noteworthy radius. It seems that, while his body has deteriorated to some degree, Kalrath’s mind has only grown stronger.

<…and my word becomes truth,> he finished. <Through my tongue I achieve focus. The flesh has no purpose for me… The only power I need is that which I choose to make for myself…>

He saw the Vampire as a trap, one which a younger version of himself may have taken. But he was a Sith Lord, a man who had driven planets to their knees. Perhaps he was not in his prime, but he had his wits about him enough to know what he wanted. Kalrath had no desire to serve any longer. He only wished to tear down. Reduce to ash.

Glorious purpose.

"But alas, if you aren't one for deals, I would love to hear more about what you think of the galaxy as a whole."

<I can provide more than simply philosophy,> the Sith noted. <I have spent countless lifetimes collecting knowledge. I have no intention to serve, but wisdom I give for free.>

He paused for a moment, rubbing at his cane.

<So long as it burns the galaxy faster…>

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Home, such as it is

She simply nods her head, understanding his choice on the matter. The ambitious Darth had planned to speak more, but that previously mentioned ambition caused a spark within her as she watched and felt the very ground quake. How marvelous, she could gain from paying attention.

"So the power runs out from the tongue... It reminds me of a force scream, but so distant in the end result that it is a very different thing. Do you intend to impart this wisdom onto me?"

Adeline taps a metal claw on the chin of her helm.

"Philosophy? Not fully what I was getting at, it is just delicious to revel in it all. You know how satisfying it is to burn down idleness, we have both seen conquest of course. But if I am to speak about philosophy, I view it as helping people. How are we supposed to defend ourselves or the ones we hold dear if we never once felt loss? Felt pain? If you know it, you know how to deal with it. In the end you become stronger by ignoring idleness and never being content, watchful and hardened through what I said before.... By blood we learn, and if I have to baptize the whole galaxy in blood and flames then so be it."

Seeing no need to distance herself from him, she takes off her helm, allowing her youthful looking face to be shown under the moonlight.

"An existence free of corruption, free of weakness... It all seems unreal, but never once has the illogical escaped my logic. Besides, chaos can breed such amazing strength."

Adeline smiles a bit, her fangs showing some.

"What brought you to this cesspit anyhow? Aside from my earlier actions I don't see a reason to be here, ha or maybe that it just personal bias speaking."

Nar Shaddaa
MhdkctD.png

"What brought you to this cesspit anyhow? Aside from my earlier actions I don't see a reason to be here, ha or maybe that it just personal bias speaking."

"Remnants, child of darkness," Kalrath stated. "For thousands of years have I followed echoes... screams in the force. A perfect vault of dark knowledge... one with the capacity to end not just whatever the Republic calls itself, or the Jedi, or the Sith... A wellspring of power that draws it's roots from the ancient Rakatta."

The old Twi'lek shifted, looking to the stars. He knew histories that had been lost to time, things that swirled around in the shadows far from prying eyes. He knew better than to forsake them.

"I've seen the greatest. Stations that consume stars to make fleets of unimaginable size, weapons the size of your hand that can render a planet lifeless, blades so potent they can drain the life of entire worlds..." he continued, almost reflective... nastolgic, even. "It has been lost to time, dragged into the cold night and burried away. Not since the Maw have I felt a power of such magnitude in the galaxy... but I feel something festering in her heart..."

The ancient Sith gave a shrug.

"So I prepare for what is to come."

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Home

"I was there on that day, the day Exegol had fallen. Odd for me to meet someone from that time, but before I could join their cause the Republic had pushed into them."

And then she smiles a bit.

"But we both know that darkness never dies, now does it?"

The more time went on, the more she and this old man had in common... With her perhaps being a lot more rowdy of course.

"Tell me, Kalarath. You say there are remnants of some lost power here? Perhaps we can find it together, maybe even consume it? I have devoured countless souls, even a nexus... I crave more, so much more. If I must be honest the craving is so intense that it hurts often, it is that pain that helps me funnily enough."

She glances back at her old home then back to her newest grumpy old man she now knew.

"Tea perhaps?"

Nar Shaddaa
MhdkctD.png

"Tea... I could go for tea."

Kalrath would relent. As much as he was a being of chaos and distruction, he had edicate. There was a time for burning and a time to share wisdom... inevitably so more things could burn. It was the long game. Kalrath had been playing the long game for seven thousand years now.

You say there are remnants of some lost power here? Perhaps we can find it together, maybe even consume it? I have devoured countless souls, even a nexus... I crave more, so much more. If I must be honest the craving is so intense that it hurts often, it is that pain that helps me funnily enough.

"Not all things can be consumed. The most powerful you find have a desire to linger..." Kalrath stated, "But... I know where one can enhance their power. It lies in The Deep, a place known as STORMLAND. A nexus so potent and so powerful... but it comes with a catch. It only opens once every two thousand years, allowing the bold to bathe within the heart of the Nexus to gain her blessing. I have lived for much longer, so I have already bathed within her currents... If it is dark energy you seek to consume, there shall be an abundance there."

He recalled the Nexus fondly, almost like one thinking of an old friend.

"The Rakatta were truly a powerful race," he noted. "Foolish and harty, but dripping with dark energy unseen by the modern galaxy. Not even in my time did many rival their peak... The souls of their victims are trapped there, millions sacrificed... the very first Thought Bomb... You will find the souls you need there."

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Home

She nods and gestures for the old man to follow her as she listened to his tale of a nexus so powerful that it only opened once every two thousand years... Interesting, this place needed to be noted so that next time it opened again she could once again visit it.

As they entered the old home, the walls would be decorated with many shelves containing used or stolen mechanical parts. There would even be a halfway built pistol laying upon the workbench, parts belonging to many other things.

Adeline kneels, opening the fridge to see that it still worked. Many out of date drinks and sodas littered the inside, along with packs of blood.

She grabs a pack before taking hold of two cups, soon filling a kettle with water and putting it on the stovetop to boil.

"Ah.. So that is what you are after then. Perhaps we could both venture to this place, I can kill whatever gets in the way while you guide us."

A hole is poked within the pack, allowing Adeline to sip on the contents.

"Together we can soak in this nexus, would make a useful venture for this coming storm would it not?"

She gives a smirk before sipping on the pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom