Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterflies Forever

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
BUTTERFLIES FOREVER

30M5wFv.jpg

"Oh, you got one!" Marina knelt down, reaching into the net drawing out the butterfly Leana had finally managed to catch.
The little girl was barely past her 5th birthday and she, along with Marina and the other kindergartners of Spring Meadow Elementary were on a day trip collecting butterflies.

Marina quite often volunteered in both being a class mother and helping the teachers at the elementary and other schools which the children of Commenor attended.
Not all of the Commenori children were of the same grade, nor lived in the same distric, as they had all been taken by Alderaani foster parents. Homes which took the displaced children, the refugees from Commenor into their loving homes.

Many attempts had been made to contact the children's parents and or families on Commenor. But Commenor had seen more than it's share of sith atrocities during TSE's campain of terror and subjugation. That, and the millions of light years distance between Commenor and Alderaan kept the
blackout which the sith had created, going.

"Careful....careful..." Marina withdrew the butterfly carefully by it's wings showing the little girl how to handle the beauties without hurting them.

"Here...lets see if it would like to sit on your hand." She gestured for the girl to extend her hand out.

"No, no...turn your hand over...yes like that....it'll tickle you a little. " She gently went to place the butterfly on her hand.

"It'll do that if it likes you, you know... So just let it tickle and lets see if we can whisper to it..."

The butterfly took hold of the girl's hand, and marina let go of it's wings. Leana giggled as the beauty settled itself, crawled to its desired spot on her hand, exercising it's wings.

"See...it like you because you were kind and gentle with your net.
Gasp...Oh look how beautiful it's wings are. See the colors...see the pattern? Each species has its own special pattern and color..." So Marina went on to teach the little girl the beauty in nature and how to harmonize with it...

Leana were one of 5 kindergartners here in this class that had been saved from Commenor.
In total, there were dozens of Commenori children that Marina had brought to Alderaan and were lovingly taken into foster homes.
There was Piper, Daine, Neiin and Ella too whom were chasing the butterflies with their class in the fields. And there were also a few parents too whom had come to help out with the day trip. Three of the adults were foster parents to the four Commenori children that Marina was helping the teacher with.
Leana's foster parent Lady Tennor had been called to attend to Leana's 7 year old brother whom had taken a tumble out of a tree the day before. So Marina were more than happy to fill the spot. Besides, she often visited the children she had evacuated from Commenor no matter where they had been taken in on Alderaan.

The day trip like many educational nature trips were not too distant from the elementary school. There were no need to go farther than a good walk distant to get into the heart of the lowland meadows and local nature reserves. Alderaan was full of such green acres.

A few hours later, back in their class she helped with washing up the children and readying them for parents to pick them up. Leana's foster mother made it in time, bringing with her Leana's 7 year old brother whom had a bio-cast on his arm.
He weren't climbing trees again anytime soon.
"Well, maybe not so the high ones anymore." marina ruffed up his hair then gave him and his sister Leana a hug. They would see each other again..maybe this week again.
She also didn't forget Piper, Daine, Neiin and Ella either...giving them the same warm hug. Then of course the rest of the children in the class couldn't go home without their hug fix from marina either. She so loved children and it clearly showed in the sparkle her eyes seemed to give off. her smile too, by the way...

Marina stayed after school after all the children left to help clean up and help prepare the teacher for tomorrows class. A class marina wasn't going to be able to make as she were set on visiting the grammar school in the next valley where there were other Commenori children that were living in that district.

"Ok, bye Felicia...
I may be stopping by before the birthday party...you know me, love to set up parties...hahaha..." She bid farewell to the teacher and headed toward her family speeder sedan which were parked on the other side of the elementary school.

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had recently been rescued from Purgatory prison. Though the whole ordeal wasn't too bad, the rescue was pretty freaky. Her newfound friend Amy was a Sith witch. Her powers were both amazing and horrifying at the same time. At least they weren't enemies...

The Mandalorians were one of the key factors in her rescue, along with the Imperials and so she chose to divide her time among both. There were of course alterior motives behind the rescue and she was sure to find out all about them soon enough.

But for now she had unfinished business. Or maybe it was her making up for past mistakes? Either way she needed to do one final act for Commenor. Kay didn't think that she'd ever be comfortable on it's surface ever again. Not even in her private residence.

Her life was never going to be the same way again.

Kay brought out her datapad and whipped up a message to an old friend:

[member="Marina DeVoe"] ,

I hope this message finds you well. I am no longer incarcerated and I was hoping to do one more good thing for Commenor...I know that you had rescued some of the children when the Sith attacked. If we could reunite any of them with their families, I think that'd be a good thing.

Please let me know.

Your friend Cessy (Kay Arenais)

Marina DeVoe

"Sigh..." She could only guess what the message waiting for her were going to be about.

Marina hadn't promised she were going to make it to the ceremony on time, but staying behind to help the homeroom teacher after school definitely had her running late. It were a promotional ceremony to one of House DeVoe's generals under her father's command. Duke Kyle had asked his daughter to make it. Only that at the moment, she were indeed running late, if not holding up the ceremony altogether. As thus, approaching her speeder with a blinking indicative of an important message, she thought it were from her father.

But it weren't from the Duke. It were from a friend she thought lost. Lost as to not being able to get any word on her or her welfare. So many rumors and accusations had come about surrounding the then Queen Arenais of Commoner System Alliance since the sith took hold of Commenor.
Marina herself had twice made a helping run. Once during the initial attack and then during the occupation just as Commeor rebellion broke out.
Both times, she managed to book out of the system with a shipload of refugees. The last run being schoolchildren...kindergartners to 2nd graders.

Incarcerated?...So she were incarcerated....yes, that had been one of the many reports which had flooded the holo-networks. Some were true, while most were just sith propaganda. It were difficult to know what were true or fake being millions of light years distance.
But the encrypted coding of the message were definitely from her friend Cessy. It could not be faked.

Marina's heart were beating a kilometer a minute...the children.
Oh yes, Good Lord of Heaven... the children!
Her initial impulse were to send her friend a reply as quickly as she could. The children here would all be ecstatic. They were all going to see their parents..their grandparents, aunts, uncles and...and...
Wait.
Wait, wait, wait...all of the children?

Marina replayed the message over and her heart sank. What were Cessy meaning by if they could reunite any of them with family?
Marina's features started loosing color and she slung back on her seat. She knew what Cessy meant.

"Oh God...Oh Good Merciful God..." Marina pulled her hands over her features before putting her arm on the dashboard and burying her head in it.
Not all of the children were to see their families. Marina had known that would be a horrid possibility but had prayed, asked her Creator to be merciful to the children...to have an angel..guardian angel watch over them always. She had avoided skirting the notion that some of the children had lost some family members. Now that reality had come beckoning both her and the children.

It took her awhile to recollect herself and wipe the tears in her eyes. Oh how were she to tell most of them that they had lost loved ones? How could she give some good news and others a heartbreak?
Marina herself had tried making contact with proper authorities on Commenor. But with the sith influence there and with all the fighting and dying, she couldn't know who were trustworthy or not. She hadn't had any luck whatsoever in making contact with Cessy, as her friend were the only one she would trust with the knowledge that the children were on Alderaan.
But somehow Cessy knew...her friend knew she had rescued some children from the fighting and from the sith.
This alone were good news. Good news that Cessy were alive and that she knew about the children. Just that it seemed not all the children would be rejoicing.

Wiping her tears away, she collected herself and composed a reply.

Encrypted coded from House DeVoe of Alderaan....start message.
I'm so relieved to finally hear and know that you are alive, my good friend Cessy.
Yes, all the children and families i were able to evacuate during Commenor's darkest hours are well and doing well. There has been little truthful news that have reached us, but we all kept the faith that you would come out of this .
The children from District 7 from kindergarten to 2nd grades are all well and in loving foster homes. I see them on a weekly basis as they are with families in 3 Providences and attend their local schools, but i manage to see them on a regular basis. They are all happy and well taken care of. Alderaan is not so different as what Commenor was once. But they do miss and pray nightly before bedtime, their missed families. The children know less than I, the faith of their families and of true Commenor.
I pray myself that all of the children be spared ill news if ever good contact were to be made. And you I trust, my good friend Cessy, for I know what is truly in your heart.
Yes, any and all good attempts must be made to reunite these little angels with their loving families.
I will inform the foster parents here of your message. We will do our best in preparing the children.
Your ever faithful friend, Marina
End message...encrypted coded from House DeVoe of Alderaan.

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Kay read the message carefully. [member="Marina DeVoe"] had done very well for her people. She was a hero in every sense if the word. And that had to be rewarded. All in good time, however. Something fitting would come up. But right now there was a lot of work to do.

My dear Marina,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. And thank you for all that you've done and continue to do. I am so very grateful to have you there. And so are they. It takes a rare person indeed to do what you do.

Please send me the co-ordinates of where I can go to meet you. I'll also need the names and birthdays of every child so that I can have the records searched and find out who has family waiting for them. And if their family has passed...well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thank you.

Cessy.

Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. The foster parents would have to be contacted if they were looking after any of the orphans. And privately. Adoption was an option for them, but that wasn't something for everyone.

Marina DeVoe

"...no dad, something pertinent just came up." Marina replied to her father. His hologram showed him at the assembly, the ceremony was under way.

Marina had remained in her speeder after sending off the message to [member="Kay Arenais"] , both waiting for a reply back and taking the time to get her thoughts together.
The time had arrived. marina knew it were just over the horizon, but no matter how she had prepared for it, she couldn't help but weep for the children. They had gone through so much on Commenor and had been evacuated without them seeing their loved ones one last time. there had been no time. War, fighting had broken out like a tempest storm to free Commenor from the grip of the sith.

The schools as the children's families had all prepared, knowing that when the rebellion started that their precious angels would be scurried off to safety. And marina was one of many who did just that. Marina couldn't fight, but she could fly. The risks had been the same. pilots had to escape, run through the sith blockade. many ships didn't make it. But just as many did and Marina's was one of them.

"I...I'm sorry dad...weep..weep..weep... I can't make it to the ceremony.." She broke down again.
Her father understood and let her have a moment to recompose herself. He told her he were proud of her and that she must do what she must do. He relayed that their queen was also behind her...had always been behind marina's humanitarian actions.

"I...I will dad. I'll call you if i need your help. Thank you... I love you." She were saying when Cessy's message was beeping through.
"I have to go.... Cessy's reply is coming through." And with that, her father gave her a smile, and a nod before the transmission ceased.

Marina then opened up the message from her friend Cessy.
Yes, the time had come.
The children ...the innocent children were to finally discover how horrid wars and conflicts could be to the innocents. How many of them would receive news that they no longer had loved ones on Commenor? Despite the fact that the children would be loved and taken into good Alderaani family homes, the tragedy was of the children's personal loss of their loved ones back home. Some would have more loss than others, while the fortunate few would not have any. Which ones and how many? The moment of truth were now approaching.

Marina dried her tears and sent Cessy a reply. This very school would be a good start. Maybe her friend could come and see how her children were happy and well loved here. Maybe, just maybe if some of the Commenori children had no living relatives on Commenor that Cessy would consider having them make a home here on Alderaan. Many, if not all of the foster parents and homes had asked to adopt their children in care.

So she finally composed as short a message as she could for Cessy to come to Alderaan... to the coordinates of Spring Meadow Elementary.
Marina was now to inform her queen and all of the foster families and schools that the time for the children to be reunited with their families on Commenor had come....and with that the faith of many that had perished in the horrid sith war on innocents.

She dropped her head, letting it rest on her arms over the dash of her speeder and continued to weep for the children who would receive news of their lost loved ones. Their broken hearts, she could already feel...

Kay-Larr

Kay got the latest message from [member="Marina DeVoe"] and had her pilot plug in the co-ordinates given. She was off to Alderaan, a planet which gave her some pain, but she couldn't quite understand why. Those memories were stolen from her long ago.

Spring Meadow Elementary sounded like a pleasant enough place though. Hopefully it was as wonderful as the name suggests.

While Kay was on her way, she received the lists of names and information on the Commenori children. She had them cross referenced of course and discovered that half of them had lost their families. Oh boy. She had to decide how best to tell them. But first she'd talk to Marina.

The Free Lady touched down at the nearest spaceport. With a few guards in tow, she hired transport to take her to the school. Hopefully her friend was there.

Marina DeVoe

The hour at hand were fast approaching. She had to get herself together. It weren't good at all for the children and the loving families that had stepped up to take them in for her to be distraught as she were.
Marina wiped her tears and gripped the yoke of her speeder...hard.

One...two.... then 15 minutes passed.
She took in a deep breath and then lifted off. Cessy's last message would put her friend on Alderaan in three days. Marina had a lot of work ahead of her.

The three days gave her enough time to contact her queen, all of the families and schools of what was soon to come.
As she had expected, all of the foster families were more distraught of incurring more pain to the children in their care than being happy for then to be reunited with their Commenori families and parents.
The tragedy was that Marina could not provide the foster families with any more info than that Kay Arenais were to touch down on Alderaan.

And of the three days time she had been given, Marina visited them all including the schools. many communities would feel the sting, for they had come to love the Commenori children as their own. So it were with Alderaani.
For as much as they wished for the children to stay and be part of their family and community, the fact was that the children had family..hopefully all still well on Commenor that had gone through many worried months of heartache without them.

On the third day 2 hours before noon, Marina received word from Aldera Port authority that Kay's ship had landed.
It had been already arranged that Kay would fly on over to Spring Meadow Elementary to meet her. As thus, with dry eyes and standing confident, she awaited her friend Cessy.
As much as her heart was beating, she remained poised and in proper form. She had to show her children strength besides compassion...yes, she had taken them all to heart. And as she had not failed them in time of dire crisis, she would certainly not fail them now. She would be their strength.

Spotting the marked transport on the horizon heading over to the school, she took in a deep breath and put on her best sunny smile.

"Is that our queen, Miss Marina?" One of the little graders asked, when he took to notice at what she were looking at. It were recess and the ball his group were playing with had been kicked over near her.

"Yes... she is your queen, Tanis." She looked down over to the boy with a smile.

"She is a beautiful and kind queen, like my own queen.
Her name is [member="Kay Arenais"]...and she is my friend."

Kay-Larr

Kay spotted [member="Marina DeVoe"] as she neared the school. Given that there were so many children there, it was quite easy to spot an adult amongst them. There were children taking notice of the transport and both the former Queen and her guards took notice of them too. She took in a deep breath as she transport came to a stop. Here goes.

Putting on a smile, Kay stepped out of the trailer. Her guards kept close behind. She was dressed in some slacks and a blouse, rather than a gown. "Hello Marina." She approached her friend and gave her a big hug. It was easy to see that the younger woman was just full of emotions buried beneath the surface. This was not going to be an easy day for either of them. "It's good to see you again." Her attention then turned to Tanis. "Hello there." She smiled and bowed her head in greeting. "I'm Kay Arenais. And who might you be?"

Marina DeVoe

It were of no surprise that her friend were escorted by personnel security. Cessy had always been surrounded by her loyal guards, with the exception of the day they first met. Queen Kay Arenais had come looking for a pilot to scoot her off for some free time alone. She had not come as queen, but as Cessy. It were from that day onward that Marina continued to call her by Cessy. But that were only when they were speaking in private. On Commenor and in public, marina respectfully addressed her by proper title.
But Cessy were no longer Queen of Commoner and she were approaching with her security staff.

Marina suppressed joyful tears as her friend neared, for concern that they may then reflect her sadness of the children's plight also. So she maintained her poise and reached out to hold her friend, in a warm hug. Marina had heard so many stories, so many hearsay and much sith propaganda that it had been difficult to assert the true fate of her friend. Now here she were and quite safe. marina could breathe a sigh of relief concerning that.
Now of the children...

She looked over to Tanis whom seemed a bit speechless in the presence of his queen.
"Didn't I say she were beautiful?" Marina kept her smile coaxing the child to speak with Cessy.
He drew closer to Marina, grasping her hand. He were not afraid, just shy and a bit confused.

"Yes...you queen has a name much like I have a name and you have a name. Would you like for her to know your name?"

Tanis nodded and repeated his name to Cessy, as he let go of Marina's hand and took a step closer to Kay. His tiny hand reached out to her and he gave his best shake...it were how he had been taught by his parents on Commenor to greet people he were introduced to. Tanis had never met his queen before, nor any other queen for that manner and he only knew how to shake hands.

it were then that the boy's school teacher approached, giving Kay a proper bow of respect, addressing Kay by Queen Arenais. She too had not taken to what had been circulating through the galactic networks. Alderaan and her allies had their dealings with the sith empire themselves. By the Creator's grace, Alderaan had not succumbed to what had come over Commenor.

"Tanis is a very bright boy... much liked by all his classmates." She said, suppressing very much what Marina was suppressing. The teacher then touched the boy's hair before giving him a good pat on his shoulder.
"We're all very proud of him..." So his school teacher spoke of the bright Commenori child. It were clear that she had taken to him, like all of Alderaan had taken to Kay's countryman's children. And although all wished the children could stay and continue to be happy on Alderaan, that they or many of them had their own families who had missed them dearly and were anxious to have them back.

Marina and Cessy excused themselves a few moment to speak alone, walking a few meters from the group.

"I guess that staving off the inevitable is only going to prolong the due process..." Marina were on the verge of breaking, but held her own. It would do no one, especially the children if she were to break down and cry.
"I... swallow .... we all have taken heart to the children, Cessy. I know many of them have probably lost much on Commenor. If some have lost all... wimper..wimper ...if some have lost all, could it be in the heart of the Commenori government for them to remain here on Alderaan? They are loved and will be loved here in good families homes." There, she managed to say it without fully breaking down.

A hundred times she could stand and look out this very same window and a hundred times ask herself questions that she had no answers for. Alderaan was quiet again which only meant one or two things. Trouble was coming, or they would have quiet for a time.

She prayed for the latter. Alderaan needed to be aiding, building, and helping anyone who needed it without putting its own citizens at risk Sanctuary City was already filling with refugees, funds were needed to help them get back on their feet, and to feed, and clothe them. Right now she knew that Marina was working on one effort to return the children of Commenor home.

Now Faith had a choice stand and look out the window, or help.

Faith headed towards the Aldera Space port whatever she could do, she would.

The distance was short and there was no fanfare to go with her. She had always hated fanfare and guard, and all the pomp and circumstance that many wanted to provide. As she entered the port it felt good to be one in the crowd as she moved to where Marina would meet with Kay.

"Mam"

Faith shook her head, "No...just Faith." She winked at them and then caught sight of Kay and Marina. For now she would stay put and help where directed letting the two of them catch up. "Tell me what to do."

With a bit of an open mouth, there were nods, "this way"

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Kay Arenais"]

Marina DeVoe

Aldera Space Port...
Some of the refugee children were placed in caring family homes thousands of kilometers away with loving families. It were these children, along with their foster parents that Marina and Kay were there waiting for.

Marina had met [member="Kay Arenais"] at Spring Meadow Elementary hours ago where the former Queen of Commenor met a few of the children that lived near and in Aldera. But they were just a small group from the many children that had been brought over to Alderaan. All there near Aldera distric seemed to have been well cared for and in very healthy conditions...happy even.

Marina had coordinated with her own queen to have all the foster parents contacted and if possible to bring the children under their care to Aldera where Kay Arenais and their queen would be to meet them. Naturally Queen [member="Faith Organa"] had Marina remain in charge of coordinating most of the travel plans and getting the Commenori children together.

Having left Spring Meadow Elementary, Marina and Kay took a speeder to Aldera to meet the incoming flights from the Alderaanii families that were fostering the Commenori children.

Marina had given Kay the roster of the expected families that were able to arrive today.
"I know perhaps it would have been somewhat better or convenient if all the children were placed in homes closer to one another.
Just that we (Faith and Marina) thought it best if the children were placed with the best caring families than of convenience.
Many Alderaanii here lost loved ones in the sith attacks. Many of these children also helped them mend their own broken hearts. Much love and healing has come out of both our world's misery. The sith only brought misery, death and destruction to both our worlds. But the love between our two people has circumvented all that the sith sought to vanquish. " Marina had a chance to speak with her friend on the tarmac, while the shuttles were landing.

"I'm so sorry your world has yet had the chance to fully recover. maybe ...maybe some of the returning children can help mend those wounds. I'm certain that they will, as these Commenori children have helped so many families here. Love...love is much stronger than hate. hate burns fast and furious. Love is eternal...it burns the brightest and longest..." Marina continued.
She faithfully believed in the power of love and although at times despaired under the tyranny of hate, Marina never lost faith that it would overcome all the hate that festered in this galaxy.

It were then that she spotted her queen, heading over to them.
A pleasant smile and a proper bow of respect greeted faith.
"Your majesty..." Marina acknowledged her queen, taking a step aside for her and Kay to greet one another again.
There was history between the two monarchs....much history.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled and shook the young Tanis' hand. "It's very lovely to meet you." Her attention turned to the teacher and she bowed her head. "A student is only as good as his or her teacher. I'm sure that you do all of your students proud."

Being excused, she linked her arm with [member="Marina DeVoe"] as they excused themselves. Her brows furrowed as she listened to her words, her friend holding it together as much as she could. It was then that Kay moved her arm to wrap around her shoulders. "Oh Marina...I can't thank you and the others enough for what you've done for these children." She listened to her speak about what Alderaan and their families had done for the children. It was touching that through separate tragedies, hearts were being mended. Kay looked over the roster and coincided it with her own information. Some of the families had been found, but not all. Even still, she had some ideas. "I would hate to tear new families apart, Marina, and have them go through loss twice. So how about we propose options? For either of the families to live on Commenor or on Alderaan. Some might want a change in scenery and I'm certain that they'd love to meet eachother and grow as an even bigger family." In her mind it meant that no one would have to split up. But such a thing was up to the families to decide. She couldn't make those choices for them.

As [member="Faith Organa"] approached, Kay gave a nod of her head with a small smile. Their history was still foggy in her mind, due to many memories having been ripped out of her mind by the Sith. But it was also a very long time ago. This was a clean slate and it was a good one. "Your Majesty." Kay gave her a formal address, just as Marina did. "Thank you for your help with the Commenori children. As I told Marina, we can't be thankful enough."

Faith smiled as she moved towards Marina and Kay. She looked upon Kay and thought of times past of attempts and disagreements but all that was history all of it was of no importance in the grand scheme of things.

She nodded and extended her hand to Kay, "First let's dispense with formalities I think Faith works for today." She smiled at Marina, "It was truly all Marina if I did anything it was offer guidance or suggestion. But it was an honor to help in whatever way we could." She had wondered about the families splitting them all up would and could only cause more heart ache.

"I believe I heard you say something about anyone could stay or go if they chose to. Or they could live half and half...half time on either world, or should they choose to leave we would assist them with moving. But they are all welcome to stay." She leaned forward slightly, "That was what you were discussing right?"

Marina DeVoe

She did all she could do to contain herself from jumping up and down and lunging at her friend with what Cessy proposed. But her queen were there too and Marina had so many often times lost herself in excitement with Faith, prevailing all proper protocols and etiquette. So she squelched her excitement as she were after all in the presence of two distinct queens...one being her own.

She looked over to faith, whom had already dispensed with all the formalities. Marina had the feeling that the two had once shared more than political similarities, that there had been a kind of connection between the two... something like real friendship. Just that each monarch had their own people's obligations and that of raising their families among such galactic political mayhem all around-
Then there were the millions of light years distance.
No, Marina had to contain herself. Her excitement had to be expressed in much more proper form. She were her queen's intern and if she had not learned to control herself by now...

"That is so kind of you...Lady Kay." So Ok, she couldn't call her by Cessy and not by her former title. Besides, her own queen wished to dispense with formalities. So it were 'Lady Kay' then that she would adress her friend while in the presence of her queen.

"Many of the families here have proposed similar ideas that I were asked to bring forth to you...hoping that the Commenori families of the children could be welcomed to live here on Alderaan. Alderaan had not sustained the full brute of the sith as Commenor has, and for the most part we have fully recovered...say for our beloved lost." Marina went on to explain. Yup, once she got in a word, it were several to follow...she were so keen on these ideas.

"And some here have also indicated that they could themselves uproot and join the children's families abroad..to help them even...unite two families..Commenori and Alderaani through a child's love." Marina put forth what many of the foster families here on Alderaan talked about in finding the best resolution for the children's sake.

"And of course the children who may have news that all whom they loved and cherished are watching over them from heaven...that if possible, that these children could be allowed by Commenor to live here with their foster families."

[member="Faith Organa"] ~ [member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded, listening to both [member="Faith Organa"] and [member="Marina DeVoe"] as they both relayed similar ideas to what she was proposing. In fact the two just embellished on hers even further. Each situation was different for each child. So each solution would have to be different as well.

"I have the list of those that had lost their families. And to have them adopted here by their foster families would be the best for them. Perhaps when they get older they may want to go home for a time, or they could wish to remain here and make it their new home. Either way is fine for me." Not that it was really up to her anyways. All that Kay could do was provide the options. It was up to the children and the foster families to decide on what to do next.

"As for the others, I think that the choice of where they will stay should be up to the children and their surviving family members. It could be that some would want to move here to escape the bad memories. I must say that you've all done very well to recover. There are some parts of Commenor that will never recover, but for the rest I hope that they do as good of a job." Kay had no power anymore to do anything that was related to the government. But that was alright as there wasn't much need for government involvement anyways. This was personal for the families.

Marina DeVoe

Marina lowered her eyes. It were too painful to remember the arduous last day she had spent on Commenor.
It had been nearly an entire day travelling with the children underground, in through the tunnels, both through the greater city's power infrastructure and storm drains...going as fast as the slowest child that could not be carried.
And of the bombardments from above as the battle for freedom raged.
Yes, many of the children had indeed lost many that day and what followed.
But Marina had only hoped, prayed to Berkana that she watch over the children's families while Marina watched over the children herself.

She held her tears again, as Kay confirmed what she hoped not to hear. Many children had indeed been orphaned. The only comfort she could rest her sorrow were on the fact that these children were in loving foster homes and by Kay's good grace and blessing they could remain.

She nodded..." Yes...
Yes, the children who shall remain here will know of their beloved Commenor as it once was. I shall pray that they will keep those memories in their hearts and return one day to bear witness to the undying spirit of Commonor that their families there sacrificed to achive." Marina's eyes slowly took up to meet that of the former queen.
She could see what could well of been a reflection of her own self. The sorrow of those lost in Kay's eyes, so that others could live free. All of Commenor, from those of adolescent to the old had all risen up to the common good of their beloved Commenor and gave all that they could, some even their lives so that their legacy would not perish under the sith.
Alderaan had been spared all of what the sith could do. But Marina knew that Kay's words rang true, Commenor would rebuild. And perhaps when it were time for the children to see with their own eyes their ancestral world rebuilt, they would rejoice in their Commenori spirit and know that what had been sacrificed and lost had not been in vain. They would be living proof that the sith could not kill the spirit, even if the body should die.

"Lady Kay, I know the weight of the news you bring has been quite a burden on your shoulder to bear here. But know that I stand not only by Queen [member="Faith Organa"]'s word here, but under oath of my House that I will take on that burden with you." Marina knew it would not be an easy task in letting the children whom had lost all on Commenor understand as to why they could no longer see their parents and families.

"Your Majesty..." She respectfully turned to her queen. " I've drawn up a draft as to a workable schedule where it may be possible to visit all of the children in their foster homes and address each given news. I had drawn it up randomly. If your majesty allows, I believe it should remain as such. I pray our Creator had guided my decisions to best serve the children..." Marina then said.

It were true, Marina believed it could be best, if they followed the random list, visit one family here at a time according to it and take it with the bad and good as the heavens could have decided.

[member="Kay Arenais"] ~ [member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Kay Arenais"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"]

"Whatever is best for the children, depending their age they could just be asked what they want to do." Faith could not imagine children without parents, or homes. It hurt her heart to think of it. She thought of the children she had met the sadness that had been there, the hope that no more evil would come. It had taken time for them all to not be afraid.

Faith looked at Marina, "Marina I trust your decision in all of this, I'm sure this schedule is what is best for everyone." Marina was really the hands on person the involved every step of the way, Faith was the....she did not even know. The permission giver? Which really amounted to nothing, no permission needed to be given to save lives.

"Shall we see what we can do for the families and children to ease any transition now?"

[show]sorry I got lost [/show]

Kay-Larr

Kay saw the depth of sorrow in [member="Marina DeVoe"] 's eyes. Commenor owed her a lot. If it was up to Kay, she'd name a school after her or an adoption center. But that was out of her hands. All that she could do was suggest it. Not directly of course, but suggest it all the same.

She wrapped an arm around Marina's shoulders to console her, nodding to both her words and that of [member="Faith Organa"] . "We'll face this together, one at a time. It'll be a long day, but in the end, it'll all be worth it. A tasty treat will help ease the burden and sorrow. We'll go for something special after we're done. Now come, for some of the children, they'll be having great news. Let us share in their joys, alright?" The last thing that Kay needed was for Marina to be sad the entire time. Such a day like that would be draining for her.

Marina DeVoe

Marina could be said to be one compassionate being, at times letting her emotions get the best of her. But the latter were more prevalent when she weren't backed up against the wall, when all the dust seemed to have settled and she were in the presence of the aftermath.
But come the call to help and aid those caught behind enemy lines, especially innocents, she could surprise even the keenest of warmongers...could outwit the worst of monsters to save those innocents.
And she were no fighter in the sense of taking up arms, but was one bad adversary when it came to helping those in need, especially children in peril.

But the dust caused by the sith on Commenor had settled and the roster of those who braved the enemy at their door was long and gut wrenching. So many died, so that many more could regain their freedom. For months the few fortunate Commenori children had been sheltered from the fighting and destruction that had been taken place on their world, on other systems. War to some of these children had been left behind by the likes of Marina and others whom had come to Commenor's call.

Every effort had been made to ease the children's minds of what they had escaped and left behind. At the time it were a necessary, for children should not be stained so young with what evil beings were capable of committing. This burden were carried by the loving foster families who took the Commenori children into their homes and hearts.
But the dust had settled and now came the time for reckoning. And by all accounts it seemed to be harder than going up against the sith. At least for Marina.

But she had her Queen, [member="Faith Organa"] and Cessy here guiding, helping her. These two women were leaders, queens by their own rights. It were their strength at times like these that Marina saw to draw from. It was what made them queens, leaders of their people, in both times of war and peace.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It had no doubt been difficult for marina the first few families which they had first visited. But it were a learning curve for her, as she took cue from both her queen and Cessy. These two great ladies were inspirational to Marina and a pivot point as to learning how to hold up strength despite the hardships around...good or bad.

By the first evening's end, they had secured and settled four families. Two of the children were destined to be reunited with their families on Commenor and those arrangements were in the process.
The other two that day hadn't received any good news. With the foster family willing to adopt, it were decided that the children would not be told right away, but that with the help of professional child psychiatrist and sessions that they would be softly made to understand and know that they would be loved here on Alderaan.
These two children were the hardest of all the first day and by evening's end, despite marina's heightened level of empathy, she learned herself by example from both Queen Organa and Cessy as to maintaining strength and integrity during the worst of trials.
It were a start of a much needed learning curve for the young Duchess to be.

Royal House of Organa..the palace.

Marina had learned much this day. And she learned it from both her queen and friend.
The servants had cleared the table of their main courses and had brought about teas and simple biscuits.
Sure, House Organa could have served up a lavish banquet and then a varied amount of pastries, but this day and what would follow were no time for such lavish feasts. Their hearty but basic meals were justified...Marina even learned that.

And there were no talks of what Cessy were accused of, and as as to why she had stepped down from her rule on Commenor. Marina and Faith had heard of so many different variations from so many different sources and networks that the only thing they followed was their heart and not the media. Both knew Cessy in their own way and marina knew her friend's heart were good. that would never be daunted by sith propaganda and those who wished to oppose her friend.
Marina was Cessy's friend and friends don't need to question whom they trust.

"Sometimes I think I may know everything. Then that's when I discover I have much more to learn." Marina said in one portion of their conversation during tea time. It were late evening by now and they sat, all three at their table in the palace.

"And I've learned much today as to why there has to exist nobility. Your majesty and Lady Kay have shown me how important it is to show compassion, inspiration, integrity and strength through the worst of times." Yes, she not only meant during times of war, but also on the heartaches of the aftermath when nations needed to be pieced back together whole again.
True leaders inspired and never panicked.
Marina was learning this from not only her father [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"], but from Queen [member="Faith Organa"] and [member="Kay Arenais"]

"What people feel is what guides decisions in all things. You don't want to hurt anyone, and you want to meet their needs. Sometimes though they need comfort, help, reassurance that's where you Marina step in and do what you do best listen be part of what is happening."

A long family of listeners were the Organas, and then there were those that were the ones that took what they heard and reacted to it. This was Marina she may not be an Organa, but House Devoe certainly seemed to have many shared qualities.

"Would you agree Kay?" Faith addressed her softly as they sipped tea, "I hope the tea is to your liking Kay. I remember how much you enjoyed a good cup." Faith was surprised that Kay had not offered up some blend that she had stashed away.

If anything what Faith noticed is that Kay seemed different, time perhaps changes everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom