Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business Endeavours {- Torr Industries & SJO -}

The darkness lays ever near the light.
20140620031224220.jpg
Torr Industries Mechanical Fabrication Facility, Klatooine
The heart of Torr Industries, the foundations upon which an trade empire would be built and the ones soon to bring new, more successful business to the city of Kossak, Klatooine; this is where a meeting would be taking place later today. An extremely important meeting that would potentially shape the future of Torr Industries and Darren Torran himself. This meeting would be with some of the most important figures of the Silver Jedi Order and Boolon Foundation, including (but not limited to) Grandmaster [member="Arisa Yune"], Colonel [member="Valkren Calderon"] and [member="Rosa Gunn"].

Darren was preparing in his office. It would be to everyone's surprise that he was wearing a suit today, contradictory to his laid-back nature. He looked like a proper businessman today, but it made sense to make a good initial impression, after all, this would prove to be a very important moment in his company's history. But, why did he seek to make a good first impression? He already knows these people well, why would he need to prove himself once again? Perhaps something in him, deep down, made him think that he may not get the contract. Alas, he must try his best.

The Zabrak took a deep breath, taking a stand from his office chair and leaving his office behind. He stepped into the elevator and took it down to the bottom floor. When he exited, a smile emerged on his face. Due to the sheer amount of work he had been putting into renovating the building over the last few weeks, he had not been able to actually step back and admire that work. This, everything that the building had been turned into was all because of him; he was ecstatic. Suddenly, his confidence was given a substantial boost and he moved forth into the reception of the building.

The reception area was perhaps the most appealing section of the building, and one of the largest (second to only the factory itself), and it had to be as it was what the customers first saw. The walls were a beautiful shade of eggshell white, spotless windows spanned the entirety of two walls and freshly trimmed house plants lined the edges. A large fountain stood in the centre of the room, spraying water that was of perfect transparency. Everything was perfect; all was exactly as he had envisioned.

He took his place in front of the fountain, facing the entrance with a smile. It was here that he waited on the arrival of his comrades and soon contractors. He had a good feeling about this.

[member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"] | [member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa took a moment to take the building in, pausing a good distance from the entrance to allow her to see its topmost point. It was a grand building for such a little company, [member="Darren Torran"] clearly had high aspirations to make such a bold statement with his headquarters. She smiled slightly, thinking of Boolon's headquarters on Teth, perhaps the temple didn't have the modern high tech gleam to it, but she would have been lying if the old stronghold wasn't a statement in itself.

Smiling to herself she headed for the large glass doors, through which she could see a fountain and a zabrak at its base looking expectant. Habit made her reach out in the force by way of alerting Darren of her presence and also in greeting. "Hello, Mr Torran." she greeted, approaching him and offering a hand to shake.

As [SIZE=10.5pt]Arisa[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] approached the headquarters of the factory complex with Valkren, she couldn't help but appreciate the work that Darren had put into refurbishing the facilities. For years, the complex, originally owned by Mon Cala, had stood empty when ownership was transferred to the local Klatoonian government, but now there were signs of new activity all as Darren's company had moved in with her help. The mercenary was more than just a soldier, but also an entrepreneur with vision, something she could get behind as an entrepreneur herself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She quickly picked out the Zabrak near the fountain at the center of the spacious lobby, dressed to impress, speaking with a woman she had become to get quite familiar with, Master Gunn. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Well look at you," she said as she came within earshot of Darren and Gunn. "This place is coming along quite nicely. I remember when this whole floor was covered in sand after it was abandoned."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She came forward to offer Darren a half hug, then turned her attention to Gunn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Master Gunn, it's always a pleasure," she said, nodding her head in respect to her fellow Jedi Master.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[member="Rosa Gunn"] [member="Darren Torran"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Darren smiled as Master Gunn approached, specifically as she was admiring his work. He was still rather proud of himself, to be quite honest. He also reached out his hand to take hers in a firm handshake.

"Ah, greetings Master Gunn. It is a pleasure to finally meet you personally. I truly admire the work that you have been doing." letting go of her hand, he looked past her to see Grandmaster Yune and Colonel Calderon approaching.

His smile grew larger at the Grandmaster's comment, pulling her in for a half-hug as she reached out. "You don't look too bad yourself, Grandmaster." The Zabrak then let her speak to Master Gunn, swiftly turning his attention to Valkren, chuckling slightly, "How often is it that I get to see the great Colonel Calderon out of uniform?" he then shook his hand and brought him in for a rather brotherly hug. Patting his back, Darren said "It's good to see you again, brother.".

[Member="Arisa Yune"] | [Member="Valkren Calderon"] | [Member="Rosa Gunn"]

Colonel Valkren Calderon approached the building along side Grandmaster Yune, admiring the architecture as they walked through the glass doors.

"Looks like the Sergeant does more work here than I do at the farm." He stated, taking a quick 360' spin to admire the insides of the facility as they closed in on the others. He'd straighten his posture slightly as they came within talking distance. Letting Arisa make her own greeting first, he'd swoop in for Darren soon after.

The young officer let a laugh out as his friend had recognized that Valkren was neither in his dress blues nor his fatigues, but instead a casual suit. He met his handshake and brotherly hug with eagerness, a smile on his face the entire time. "Look at you brother, already buttering me up. Trying to get me to get ya' a bigger check for when you're in a suit of armor?"

After this came another laugh. Sergeant Torran was another soldier that he'd trust surely with his life, having served with him on Ord Radama, and a close friend at that. "It's damn good to see you, how are you holding up?"

Soon after Valkren had said his hello to his friend, and Arisa had also finished her conversation with the other attendee, the colonel moved to introduce himself. "Master Gunn, is it? Colonel Valkren Calderon, a pleasure to meet you."

[member="Darren Torran"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa could not help but smile at Darren's compliment of her own work, she'd clawed her way out of her own shadow and was set on bringing light back into the galaxy, albeit in her own way. It was nice to know it was appreciated. "Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for me today, if this beautiful building is anything to go by." Master Yune's voice drifted over to them and Rosa's smile widened, returning the Grandmaster's bow of respect.

"The pleasure is all mine, Master Yune, I owe you thanks for your assistance on Kiara, without you and the help you brought I feel we'd have been hard pressed to get the renovations done." She took the Colonel's hand in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you too Colonel."

She turned her attention back to Darren. "It must have taken a great deal to get this place looking so wonderful."

[member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Darren Torran"] [member="Arisa Yune"]

"Indeed it did, Master Gunn. I appreciate the compliment." he smiled, then stepping back to talk to the whole group, "Now, with the greetings over with. It's time to move on to the business portion of the day. If you'd all follow me, I'll lead us all to the meeting room. I've rushed it slightly in light of today's meeting, so it doesn't look as good as the rest of the building, but, it will do." he then gave (another) smile and turned, heading towards a large set of glass double-doors. He entered a code into a pad to the right of the door, and it opened with a beep.

Darren opened the doors, leading the group in a rather narrow corridor that separated the public and private portions of the business. Parallel to the doors from which they entered, lay a large opening cordoned off which was clearly still being worked on. "Ah, yes. That will be the Cafeteria, it is still currently being renovated and the doors are not yet fitted, as you can probably see. Now, if you'd so kindly keep following me." walking down the corridor, right of where they had entered, he led the group towards the metal doors of the Elevators. There were two elevators installed, each adjacent to eachother, side by side. The corridor opened out into a larger room where these elevators were installed, it was very reflective of a lounge. Two rather comfy looking sofas sat at opposite walls of the room, accompanied by small tables on which lay a vase of flowers and a pile of magazines.

The group entered one of the elevators, Darren pressing the button to floor 26. Upon reaching the top, the doors opened to reveal a room with a pure white carpet and a large table in the centre of it. The view from the windowed walls of this particular room was magnificent. The basic layout of a small bar was there as well - but not yet functional. Darren made his way around the table to take his seat at it's head. "Please, take a seat."

[member="Rosa Gunn"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"]

"The pleasure is all mine," she told Master Gunn. "There are few things that bring as much joy to me as helping people get back on their feet."

There was not a single thing she enjoyed about her campaigns against the Sith and other belligerents across the galaxy. If she could, she would much rather spend all her time working on humanitarian missions and community organizing like she had originally planned during her Academy days, but she was needed in another role right now.

After greetings had been exchanged, the part was led through the building to a conference room. Past the lobby, she could see that the rest of the building was much a work in progress. Still much better than the last time she had toured it on her own a few weeks ago, just about every surface previously covered in sand and grit.

She took her seat, then wasted no time launching into questions, curious about the current state of the factory. "Kiribian Systems Armory is in the midst of fulfilling large scale orders for the Antarian Rangers. As KSA ended their relations with the Eshan Industrial Corporation a while back, they're now looking for new subcontractors assist in fabricating some base components for their final products. Your company was one that I recommended for consideration, provided your facilities are ready for operation or will be within the next three months."

[member="Darren Torran"] [member="Rosa Gunn"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Darren nodded, smiling "You never waste any time, Grandmaster. I would be more than happy to draw up a contract with KSA - I've been looking into them recently and they seem very reliable contractors. I don't actually believe there is much else to talk about concerning that. Now, let us move on to the contract with the Boolon Foundation. We're prepared to offer you help in your future endeavours in the form of a range of vehicles. I believe you currently have an ongoing refugee project on... Kiara? Am I correct? Perhaps we could help you with that?"

[member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"] | [member="Rosa Gunn"]

((OOC: Let's get this up and running again folks))

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa smiled, leaning forward slightly in the seat she'd taken and nodded. "That's correct, we've also got three more planned, one in the pii system, on on one of Commenors moons and one whose location has yet to be agreed with the locals."

She grinned at the thought of HK-36 and his eccentricities. "Help is always welcome, but id we're looking at sponsorship, perhaps we can look at what it is your company can offer us?"

[member="Darren Torran"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Arisa Yune"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom