Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business, Business, Business. Time for some fun.

Zrimmir was enjoying one of his women, a Ruusanian, a very strong woman, but quite simple. A product of her species' unfortunate development. It was very pleasing, a good break from his stressful work. When dealing in hundreds of thousands of credits on a daily basis, one needed such escapes, many times a day. The stress was nearly undoing, but Zrimmir took enough pleasure, drugs, and meal to keep functioning. But it was a fine line, and Zrimmir did his best not to cross it.

Zrimmir was rudely interrupted by one of his servant droids, it said, "Sir, Ra'a'mah's vessel has entered the system. Following your preset orders, we have given her clearance to land. She will arrive in ten minutes." Zrimmir stopped cold. Ra'a'mah? He had invited her to propose a mutual investment deal, but he had heard she died recently. Perhaps his sources were wrong. Regardless, he needed to prepare.

He dismissed the Ruusanian, and dressed himself. He appraoched his security chief, and had the appropriate defences activated, but nothing to stop Ra'a'mah's ship from landing and allowing whoever was inside to enter. Two Neimoidian security guards would now flank him, each ten centimeters taller than him. He would also be dressed in a nice fresh set of robes, professional while casual in color. Food would be prepared, spice would be laid out, the finest alcohols would be taken out as well. If Ra'a'mah really was appearing, Zrimmir wanted to impress.

It had been longer than Ra anticipated it would be before she was able to meet again with Melvand. When that opportunity happened, some things had changed about her. The biggest was the fact she had 'died' and because of that needed to appear dressed like a droid. It had been in a few columns on the holonet so it might come as a surprise she lived still.

However, she wasn't going to reveal that to everybody just yet. The video leaked had indicated her mind had been implanted into a droid and was now known as the Lady of Honesty. That wasn't entirely true and she was happy with how things had turned out though.

One thing Ra had was a great amount of access to information and learned he had a home on Cato Nemoidia and invited herself there. Their messages of the past though indicated they could still be of use to one another.

When she arrived in the system, clearance was given and within ten minutes she had arrived. Noticing there were security emplacements, Ra had no real concern they would be activated. Instead of bringing a huge ship, she was in her personal freighter, the one that started her down the road of being a merchant. Walking off her ship, a droid would be apparent to all of them.

The lifeless faceplate looked around at the landing bay and headed in the direction of exit where she was greeted by Melvand, his two guards and security chief.

"Greetings. I am the Lady of Honesty, formerly known as Ra'a'mah Numare. Thank you for seeing me."

Her tone was modulated and sounded like a droid.

[member="Melvand Zrimmir"]

Zrimmir was experienced, he knew how to keep a straight face. It surprised him. At first he thought she was dead, then alive, and now, a droid. But Zrimmir was experienced, he kept the straight face, and returned with his own greeting,

"Lady of Honesty," How awfully humble of you to think of yourself as so, Zrimmir thought to himself silently, "Welcome to my home. I'm so pleased you troubled yourself to visit me, for I have a very mutually beneficial offer I would like to propose to you."

He gestured inside, "Please follow me."

Inside they would walk through an ornate hallway, decorated with various Neimoidian portraits, the famous men and women of the Zrimmir family. Many open doorways into other rooms, but Zrimmir continued further into the expensively furnished mansion. Finally, Zrimmir took a right turn into one of the doorways, Lady of Honesty and his two security guards in tow. They entered a warmly colored discussion room, littered with fancy, while large and cushy, seating. The finest dark woods of Neimoidia's rain forests made up most of the furniture of the room, with dark red and gold painted across the walls. There were some tables to the side of the rooms, filled with an assortment of spices, hallucinogens, alcohols, and foodstuffs. They were meant to entertain his guest, to ease the process of proposal and negotiation, which now made Zrimmir feel embarrassed. There was no way to entertain a droid, at least none that Zrimmir knew of. Of course what he had prepared for later would seem even more foolhardy.

Zrimmir moved to sit, and gestured for Lady of Honesty to do so as well. The security guards stood at the door, watching over the two. Zrimmir said, "Now I've asked you here to ask if you would be interested in a Zrimmir Universal Banking Union investment in the merchant fleet. i do not wish to bore you," Can you bore a droid? "with the details, so here is a datapad concerning the percentage, amount, and specifications of the investment. After reviewing your profits and successes over the last few quarters at our last meeting, and considering Zooboo's own expansion of accessible capital, I thought a long-term investment would be very profitable for both of our organizations."

As long as it was needed, Ra would keep the façade on of being a droid. She did not trust Melvand any further than she could throw him. Granted with the new abilities she had from the suit, that might be a great distance. That wasn't the point of the meeting though.

In reality, when it came to business, she was pretty honest. Every salesman or woman had to be at least slightly deceptive, but she wasn't out to rob people or take too much advantage of them. The same couldn't be said about him though.

He welcomed her and at least didn't treat her any different than he would an organic. To her that was a good sign. She followed him silently and made note of the mansion as they passed through it. Finally he lead her to comfortable room, large enough to hold several tables and places to sit. Under her helmet, she looked distastefully at the drugs offered, the drink and food wasn't an issue.

She was going to ask where he had gotten the spice, but he started in on his reason for asking her here after indicating she should sit. One good thing about keeping her face covered, Ra did not have to worry about keeping her thoughts and feelings hidden. She could openly display them and the other person would be none the wiser.

Listening to what Melvand had to say and offered, she held out a gloved hand to take the datapad from him that he offered.

Enough time had passed since their first meeting, there was enough information she could use to make a decision on the matter. He had obviously been keeping an eye on her own transactions and made mention of her profit as well.

"Before we talk too much business. Where and how did you acquire the spice?"

Her reaction would depend on his answer.

Zrimmir was caught a little off guard by her question. The spice? Why would they care about the spice? Regardless, he would answer Lady of Honesty's question.

"Most of what is offered were gifts from various business tycoons I met in Hutt Space, where these are mostly legal. The rest are bought from a pharmaceutical corporation owned by my family. I frequent them due to the pressures of my job, I presumed others like myself indulged themselves in such pleasure to keep themselves on top of things."

Zrimmir smiled rather unauthentically, "Does that answer your question?"

Her question did two things, put her more in control by surprising him and gave her an opportunity to see how he reacted to something unexpected. If Melvand had answered he got the spice through mining, she would have further questioned him. For now she would let the subject drop without anything else other than a simple yes to his question.

His answer also indicated he was addicted to the substance and assumed wrongly it helped him focus. It may do that in the short run, but in the long run, it was the opposite. That fact made her a little more reluctant to strike a bargain with him. So far though, it wasn't imparing his judgement in matters and maybe he was one of the few that could control his addiction.

it was not her place as an organic or droid to question him further and she went back to looking over the reports he provided for her.

"We agree it is right to invest long term. What will it cost us?"

The plural speaking might throw him off, but in the course of taking on this life, it was something Ra did. All part of the package deal since the video leaked would show a droid brain had implanted in the form that had been encased in the droid armor. It made sense to indicate there might be two personalities present.

While Lady of Honesty responded and came up with another question, Zrimmir snapped his fingers and a small, round, hovering droid birthed from a newly revealed hole in one of the walls. With a few subtle finger gestures, he commanded the droid to carry a platter of powdered sponge cakes, a bottle of Merenzane Gold, and two glasses. Using a small tractor beam, it slowly hovered to where the pair sat, and delivered its package unto the table separating Zrimmir from Lady of Honesty.

Zrimmir poured himself a glass, took a sip, and answered Lady of Honesty's question, "With the collapse of the Commenor Systems Alliance, and the reorganization of the Cato Neimoidian government, all corporate taxes have been rescinded. The investment will be fee free, you will not pay a dime. You will only receive a very generous fund, in return for a more than fair dividend as the merchant fleet grows."

Zrimmir pointed to the bottle, "Would you care for a gla-" His training in courtesy had overridden his short-term memory. Zrimmir sighed, "My apologies, I've been a little pre-occupied with the government change on the planet. Do you have any more questions, Lady of Honesty?" Zrimmir took a bite out of one of the sponge cakes, this might be a long evening.

She observed his body motions and wondered what he up to when a small server droid appeared. Of course as an organic, he would think to offer treats. As a droid Ra would have to decline and it was obvious he had forgotten she was no longer organic...or at least that is what he supposed to think. So far it appeared to be going well.

Listening to what he said about the collapse of the Commenor government, she nodded. It was still quite fresh news, but having contacts and connections pretty much in all major governments helped Ra out. There would be tough times ahead for all parties involved and adjustments would be needed. When he said all corporate taxes had been rescinded, her head tilted slightly.

"Where is the bonus in that for you?"

At his offer of the drink, she motioned in a negative manner before speaking.

"It is difficult to understand sometimes the differences between organic and droid life. As a droid, I do not require food or drink. Thank you though."

Small signs or hints at​ her humanity were still there and a smart person would pick up on them.

Zrimmir finished his spongecake and started a second as Lady of Honesty talked. Something caught his hear. Her final sentence, Thank you, though. In his entire life, he had never heard a droid speak that way. It was so, ungrammatical. Zrimmir noted such and went onto answer Lady of Honesty's question,

"The bonus would be the dividends I specified in the deal. In two to four years, I can choose whether or not to continue the investment and let them grow, or be given the amount calculated from your fleet's success. If your fleet doesn't succeed, I lose my investment. This is entirely risk free for your fleet."

Zrimmir stood up and gestured towards the door, "Would you care if we walked and talked, Lady of Honesty?"

Giving a mental curse to herself, Ra could tell he had picked up on her mistake. Somethings were difficult to remember and just being polite was one of them. She was not a protocol droid.

However, he did not mention it and answered the question she had given him. It was a risk, but not one on her end. At the moment it seemed reasonable to say yes, but then he asked if they could walk and talk.

Nodding, she stood up.

"That would be fine."

Zrimmir slowly led Lady of Honesty through his house, and even though she was a droid, he still pointed out specific pieces of art in his house. He couldn't resist. Soon, they were in a new room, one with windows four meters tall covering one of the walls. It provided a magnificent view of the cliff sides of Cato Neimoidia. Just in the distance you could see a crystal clear waterfall, it was Zrimmir's favorite. He liked to gaze at it every once in a while, when he needed a break from his high strung world.

Zrimmir smiled, "Its a true shame you no longer can appreciate such beauties as this, but back to business."

"Our current estimates predict that my investment, considering the size of it, should increase your fleet's ability to expand by seven percent over the next year. Do you have any more questions?"

Now, just as if the situation couldn't have put more of a strain on Zrimmir, his next pieces of entertainment entered. Zrimmir had had great success with this tactic on Neimoidians and species from Hutt Space, the majority of his business, but he doubted how effective it could be on a droid. Two men, and two women, all attractive, athletic, and bare, quietly entered the room and stayed near the doorway, similar to the guards. Zrimmir had prepared so many because of his lack of knowledge of Ra'a'mah's preferences. Zrimmir tried to ignore him, he thought that bringing attention to them would be more embarrassing. However it was a very close race. If he wasn't Neimoidian his cheeks would be blushing and his ears would be burning.

There was something a little odd about the suit and Ra hadn't thought of it when it was made. Granted she was not a real droid and her helmet did not have the normal eye sockets a droid's would have, but as she focused on the various pieces Melvand showed, there was no sound of gears adjusting to get a closer view.

Eventually he lead her to a large room with a grand view of the cliffs and a waterfall in the distance.

Since he did not know the truth, she couldn't help but smile under her helmet when he said she could no longer appreciate beauty. That smile faded quickly as he turned back to business.

"That is a nice growth considering how long my fleet has been around. Substantial in the beginning, leveled out and is again expanding. With all the disturbances in the Core, it did take a hit a few times and needs to recover. What you offer is reasonable."

When the door opened, it was almost silent, but with the enhanced hearing the helmet provided, she turned to see four beings enter. Two human, two tei'lek. A male and female of each. All were quite attractive and Ra could certainly appreciate the beauty in all of them. Turning back to Melvand, her eyes narrowed slightly and she came to a quick decision.

Touching two fingers together, the face plate of her helmet rolled up inside and an organic looked at the Nemoidian.

"Are they slaves or free?"

Zrimmir nearly fell over when the mask disappeared, taking two steps back and leaning into the window. His eyes widened as he was revealed to who he thought was a dead woman. "Ra'a'mah! You're alive."

The Neimoidian took a few deep breathes. It wasn't every day people who were dead suddenly came back to life in your viewing room, even if your relationship was purely professional. But Zrimmir regained his composure, still a little off put by the realization, and answered Ra'a'mah's question,

"They are free, similar to indentured servants. They have a contract, four years working for me, where I only provide shelter, food, and entertainment for them. At the end of their contract I reward them with a large payment, and they receive a job working for one of the farms run by my family's pharmaceutical company. If I take a particular interest in them, their contracts allow my to extend it by two years, and their end-of-contract payment will be increased by seventy-five percent."

Zrimmir smiled, his charm and composure having returned, "Would you care for their company while we speak? They aren't instructed to perform anything too serious, while we discuss at least."

For the first time Ra saw true emotion from the Nemoidian. If her face had still been hidden, she would have smiled at it. Not exactly a friendly smile, but she kept her face relatively passive. It took him a few moments and some deep breaths before he came up with an answer to her question.

"Yes, I sadly had to fake my death and I seriously hope my secret will be kept safe with you. We both profit from this really."

Melvand said they were more like indentured servant and not slaves, but there really wasn't much difference between the two. ​Everything appeared to be well done though and he at least claimed to take care of them. When he said they continued to stay on even after their contract was up, she found it amusing. They were his slaves for life or at least as long as they were useful to him.

"They can stay or leave. It's up to them to decide."

"Of course, your secret is safe with me."

They had not been given a choice like that in a long time. Zrimmir, not wanting to chase away his very important guest, did not give them orders, not by hand or mouth. The four stood there for a moment, wondering if they would cross a line if they did leave or didn't. Zrimmir just widened his eyes, and stared at them. Using his eyes only, he looked away then back to them, away then back to then. Unfortunately, his eyes being like any Neimoidian's, without proper human pupils, they didn't get the message. Zrimmir decided to just ignore them and continue on, they'd figure out something.

Zrimmir smiled, unauthentically of course, "Perhaps we should finalize our deal, unless you wish to stay in this room any longer?"

It really did not matter to Ra what the slav...indentured servants did, but she wanted to clear they had the freedom of choice around her. That was something both Melvand and they were not prepared for. So they fell into the background and would only be paid attention to if they approached her.

In a way it seemed to be easier on Melvand when he had been dealing with her as a droid.

"Wherever you prefer, Mister Zrimmir. Here or any other location is fine. Just a simple print correct?"

Zrimmir snapped his fingers twice, and a protocol droid bearing a datapad entered the room.

"Then we shall do it here."

Zrimmir took the datapad from the droid and signed with his thumbprint then handed the device to Ra'a'mah to sign,

"Would you care for a tour of the valley once our deal has been finalized?"

After her reveal it wasn't a surprise Ra had put him off by a good bit. Melvand had a droid bring in an additional datapad for her sign off on indicating the business was completed. This she did with a simple thumb touch. Her gloves transmitted the digital signature and the pad beeped when it was accepted. Handing it back to him, she was able to look him in eyes with her own and nodded.

"That would be nice. Since I can appreciate the beauty and not have to hide behind a mask..."

"Follow me."

Zrimmir handed the datapad back to the droid, and led Ra'a'mah silently through the rest of the house. Through well-decorated, sometimes even overly so, halls, Zrimmir led Ra'a'mah to his personal starship hangar. Inside, amongst other vessels of varying cost and size, was a small, but ornate, skiff. The pilot, having waited since Ra'a'mah had arrived, snapped to reality and began pre-flight checks.

Zrimmir sat down in one of the skiff's luxurious seats, and fastened himself in, and gestured for Ra'a'mah to do the same. It was open air after all.

"I hope you enjoy, I pre-ordered the pilot to take us on one of my favorite routes through the country-side."

She of course followed him along with the bare slaves. They had been so lost on what to decide for themselves they had stuck around. Falling into step, the six of them headed in the direction Melvand lead them. It was done in silence, but Ra looked around at the house on display. He lead them all out to a hanger than held various crafts and to a rather large speeder.

Not just a large speeder, but one that was more akin to a skiff. Open to the weather, but could carry them all and the pilot.

"Don't you think you will get cold out there?"

Asking this of the slaves, it didn't seem they really cared for their own comfort and only thought of pleasing their owner. She wasn't about to tell them to go away after giving them the choice, Ra gave a mental shrug​ and turned her attention to Melvand.

"I'm sure it'll be nice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom