Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Business and Investigations

Another business opportunity awaits! Or rather another potential business deal.

I sip my wine as I look out of the window from my office. Yes, my OFFICE! After being voted in as a Junior member of the Board of Directors I am now equipped with my very own office! No more meetings in the drawing room! I give myself a moment to express my feelings of joy and glee before it is time to regain my composure. I am of course a proper Lady and not some foolsome young girl.

Any moment now my guest will be arriving. Security around the dome has been heightened after the breaches made recently. Reconstruction has begun and a prototype of our new steel is being utilized. I am just glad that after everything, the loss of life was far lower than what it could have been. An investigation is under way and there are rumors about the blame for it all being centered upon me. I find that absurd!

Seeing to the decor of my office has been a great distraction for me. Marble columns were added in the corners and the window directly behind me is of stained glass presenting a myriad of colors. Or at least that is what I am told. I cannot see the colors but the light seems to filter in nicely. My desk is carved from marble as well. The walls are lined with book shelves, potted plants and even decorated with a few of my own paintings. But it is not as though anyone would be able to recognize that they are my artwork besides myself, my parents and my staff.

Patiently I wait to see what other deal can be struck for NCBC on this day. It is time for forward thinking.

Tag: Kyyrin Kyyrin

Prince of the Expanse

Like a ripple, the blackened hull of the Vanguard slipped through the sea of greater darkness. As it drew close to New Cov's orbit, a series of lights began to illuminate along its length, providing a clear image of just how large the ship really was. Almost a reverse cloaking field. A statement. A taunt. Here I am. Come and get me.

Shortly after, a shuttle departed from the lower deck. The Vanguard itself was too large to reasonably dock with the habitation domes of New Cov, and so its captain ventured forth aboard a much smaller vessel. Disciplined, precise jabs and flicks adjusted the controls for planetary descent. Soon, the shuttle had landed, and deposited its passenger upon the landing pad. Squinting against the harsh brightness of the atmosphere, Kyyrin paused at the foot of the boarding ramp to survey his surroundings.

But his pause did not last long. He stepped forward to meet the welcoming party as they approached. In due time, he was shown to the office of a Junior Director. He was here to discuss possible applications of New Cov's primary export, Biomolecules. Not his first choice, but his father had been clear. During his travels, he was to find at least one valuable commodity that New Vylmira did not have at its disposal, and broker a deal to grant them access. The Biomolecule piqued his interest. As prolific as his father might have been, he rarely ventured into organic craftsmanship.

Kyyrin paused within the door of the office, processing the scene he was looking at. While a normal being might have found a delightful dance of pigmentation and refraction, he found it headache inducing. He truly was his father's son. His eyes lingered upon the woman he was to speak with for just a moment, before they closed. He bowed slightly, a hand placed upon the gold emblem on his chest. "My Lady. I thank you for taking the time to meet with me. I am Kyyrin Verros. Prince of the Shiraya Expanse."

His armor, to those capable of perceiving it, was a black underlay with white plate. Gold trim adorned his chest and shoulders, and a white cape hung from his shoulders. Though unlike most nobility, it hung behind him, stopping shy of engulfing his arms. His armor was certainly built for form, but the trained eye could spot function built into its very core. Kyyrin was a warrior, or at least dressed as one. Hanging at his hip, however, was further proof of his claim to the realms of combat. A Lightsaber. But not a blade one would normally expect to see. No, something about this blade seemed...old.

As Kyyrin straightened up, his hand dropped away from the emblem revealing an intricate story of his family's history hidden in the finer details. But more importantly were his eyes. They seemed glassy and unfocused now, and yet it felt as though he were more alert than ever. He appeared human enough, yet there was something underlying. Something...not quite right about him. Perhaps it was the fact that his eyes seemed to glow ever so slightly now. Or perhaps his dialect was a mixture of Imperial and...something wholly foreign to the core worlds.
"You have a lovely city, and a beautiful planet. I may have to prolong my stay to explore the exquisite landscape futher..."

He is coming. I spotted his arrival as he neared the building. Right on time!

I finish my wine and set the empty glass inside of a cabinet at the wall. I then straighten out any wrinkles in my dress. I have not forgotten to wear my ring this time which helps me to discover whether or not I am dealing with a practioner of the Force. To put it to use takes some practice and I have only had a couple of opportunies thus far. Today will bring me another chance!

One quick glance in a mirror is taken as I walk to my office door and open it. My guest is taller than I would have guessed and he is certainly ready for battle. There is something very strange about him, yet I cannot quite put a finger on it. His eyes seem to almost look past me and for a brief moment I wonder if he would rather be meeting with someone else. I do know of some people that find negotiating contracts with a Lady like myself to be a non-starter. I have been overlooked plenty of times, and yet I am making a name for myself in this Galaxy despite their indifference towards me.

I curtsey after he bows. It is hard for me to hide my shock once he announces his title. He is Royalty?! He is of noble birth, that is clear. But I had no idea that a member of the Royal line was being sent here as a representative.

Quickly I compose myself as I rise up from my curtsey. "Thank you for coming, Your Grace. I am Liin Terallo; Junior member of the Board of Directors for NCBC and New Cov. Please come in." I step aside to allow him to walk in. There is a chair for him at my desk, as well as two sofas. I hear his comment about wanting to explore New Cov and I answer with a hint of hesitation in my voice. "So long as you explore within the safety of the domes, then I do encourage it. The jungles are not the place for a stroll, Your Grace." I am not sure of how far word had spread of the breach in the dome. I can only hope that it has not spread very far.

"Can I offer you a drink or refreshment before we start?"

Prince of the Expanse

Kyyrin frowned slightly as he was called "Your Grace." But this was soon replaced with a wry smile as she warned him against the hazards of venturing beyond the dome. "And take all of the fun out of it?" Kyyrin chuckled slightly. "I had assumed the domes were not for show." Kyyrin cocked his head to the side, as if he heard something interesting, then turned to look at the wall. Almost as if he could see through it. His glassy eyes had suggested that he could not see or was blind. But his actions suggested that he still very well could see.

As he turned back to his host, he responded to her question of a drink. "Please. I'm not particular of the specifics, though if you've something of local origin I would very much enjoy to experience all that New Cov has to offer." He walked calmly and quietly towards one of the chairs on the guest side of her desk, yet he did not take a seat. As he turned back to Liin, it was clear he was waiting for her. Not rushing her. Just waiting for her to be seated before he took a seat for himself. "I will insist, however, that we speak as equals. My father was never keen for titles, and I am loathe to break his tradition. Just Kyyrin will be fine."

Kyyrin smiled at Liin as he finished. He did not mean her ill will, nor was he reprimanding her. It was a simple request. One to put her off guard? Perhaps? But for all intents and purposes it seemed genuine. "He was, however, keen to learn of this...Biomolecule." Kyyrin turned to glance at, and likely past, the window. "Though I must admit we are somewhat mystified to the exact purposes of this...material. So please, if it would not be too much trouble, I would very much like to hear what opportunity lies at our fingertips. In your own words."

I can only hope that he is joking! I know first hand of what horrors lie beyond the domes, having experienced them twice. They bring me nightmares at times. However those are not to be discussed about with anyone. I have not even dared to speak about them with my parents. Instead I put up a brave front.

I try not to stare for long as he looks to the wall. Instead I focus on the wall as well. However I do not see anything of note. Maybe the colors are wrong? I cannot see them myself, so I do not know. But I am assured that it is all in order.

He responds to my question and I dutifully head to the cabinet. A local brew is what he requests and I take it upon myself to pour him a glass of whiskey. It is stronger than the wine that I had sipped just moments before. I may be wrong in my assumption, but I do not believe that he is a man that partakes in wine. It coulf be the armor.

I carry the glass to him and hold it out for him to take. Seeing that he is still standing, I take my seat soon after so that he may sit down as well. I cross my feet at the ankles and tuck them underneath the chair. My back remains straight, my shoulders back and my hands are folded on top of my lap. I dip my head as he requests for us to be informal with eachother. Such a thing is uncommon for me to be sure and it surely will not me mentioned in my report to the Board of Directors. "As you wish. Kyyrin." It feels so strange to refer to him by his first name. I only hope to be able tp uphold his request and not offend him.

He inquires about biomolecules. Now this is something that I know a lot about and can discuss freely. "There are many uses for biomolecules ranging from medicinal, construction and even military. Biomolecules heal wounds faster than bacta. They enhance building materials in strength and durability. And there are multiple uses for the military. Biomolecules cannot be synthesized anywhere else. New Cov is the only world in the entire Galaxy that cultivates them. They are very special." And expensive. But rare commodities are like that. There are other uses for biomolecules that are in the experimental stages. However my knowledge on those is limited for a reason.

"That is another reason for our cities being restricted to the domes. The jungles are where the biomolecules are found." But only if one knows where to look.

Prince of the Expanse

As Kyyrin took the offered drink from the woman, he reached up to his shoulders to unclasp his cape with two deft flicks, and almost as expertly caught it with the same hand before it fell to the floor. The move was flashy and fancy, no doubt about it. But it also wasn't meant to impress. The cold precision with which it was executed, the lack of a look towards his audience for approval. It was matter-of-fact. Every day. Paired with a casual sip from his drink as he sat down. "Much as I hate to admit it, I think you've sold us on medical applications alone."

Kyyrin set his drink down and delicately folded his cape which was set on the chair beside him. He took a deep breath, then sighed quietly. He wasnt sure where exactly to start. "New Vylmira is always in the market for...alternative medicine." Kyyrk settled back in his chair and leaned back. "My father and I both suffer from bacta allergies. And there's nothing he hates more than dealing with Manaan for Kolto." Kyyrin cocked his head to the side and clasped his hands together. "But, he's also not opposed to doing things old school."

As he said this, an image popped to the back of his mind. The network of scars he'd always found so...disconcerting as a child. Bacta healed things clean. As did Kolto. But that never explained...just how many scars his father had. "Now of course old-school takes time, and time isn't something he's willing to pay for his people." Kyyrin shrugged. "You know how veterans get." He reached out and picked up his glass for another sip. "So, what I'm curious about, you say the biomolecule has properties stronger than bacta. What fast-acting applications have you seen? Is it useful for field kits and emergency packs?"

As much as he hates to admit it? That phrase confuses me slightly. On the one hand he might have been hoping that such an option wasn't available. And on the other hand it could be all that his father had hoped for in regards to biomolecules, which leaves Kyyrin a reason to negotiate when he would rather go exploring.

The sigh gave me another cue, however I listen to his remarks. An allergy to bacta is not entirely unusual. And it fully explains the interest in biomolecules. The old fashioned way can be beneficial, however there are many that lack the patience for it.

A question is presented to me and so I respond in kind. "Yes, biomolecules are very useful for field kits and emergency packs." So much so that Lord Reficite Lord Reficite had secured a deal that would see his people getting first in line to purchase them during times of war. "The biomolecules themselves repair injuries at the molecular level. Just as the plants here repair and rejuvinate themselves, the biomolecules we harvest from them perform in the same way. Whether it is in the form of an aerosal spray, injection or a thick gel, the biomolecules source out where the repair is needed and get to work. And there is no need for one to be submerged in a tank of it like one does with bacta. Just a small amount is all that is needed. It is almost as though they can sense the pain themselves and wish to heal it. I have used it myself. Most recently in fact. There was an attempted kidnapping of me by some bad people. I had aquired both a fractured ankle and bruised ribs from the ordeal. Within the hour I was as good as new and could walk without any echoes of pain. I am not accustomed to injury, so my tolerance for pain is not as high as most. But I have found the experience to be....beneficial. I have learned to appreciate our biomolecules a lot more."

Prince of the Expanse

Kyyrin nodded quietly and attentively as the woman spoke of the effect of Biomolecules. "Sounds like just the sort of thing we'd need." Kyyrin's brow furrowed in concern. Seemingly genuine. "I am sorry, however, that you were subjected to such events. But gladdened that you only sustained minor injuries." Kyyrin withdrew a small token-like item from some unseen nook in his armor, and began to turn it over in his fingers.

"New Vylmira is in a rather...Unique position. While we could be quite happy to barter with coin, I suspect there is....more that we could offer." He leaned forward and set the disc upon the desk, clicking a small button on its side. A hologram sprang to life. The conceptual blueprint of a suit of armor appeared above the small disc. "Among our great inventors are some of the best minds of defensive measures, personal or planetary. There's nothing in this galaxy we could not design better. Be it in-house, or with one of our trusted partners." Kyyrin leaned back in his seat once more and took another sip of his drink. "What you see before you is an armor built for Vylmira's own Nephilim Program, an offensive to defend civilians from the marauders that originated in the Scar Worlds. This line was only ever issued to the best. And I dare say we even have the capability to improve upon the design without so much as breaking a sweat."

Kyyrin folded his hands in front of him. "In addition to military application, we also can offer a number of personal items. Shield generators disguised as a brooch, wards against the Force indistinguishable from the lace about a sleeve. Or, if it's the bigger picture you're worried about, New Vylmira is the crown jewel of a galaxy wide fast response force." Kyyrin cocked his head to the side once more. "Being the only source of this wonderous biomolecule will have no doubt painted a target on your world's back. To be frank with you, I suspect a half-hearted attempt at kidnapping is not the only trouble that New Cov has or will face in an attempt to control the source."

I dip my head as he acknowledges a rather traumatic experience for me. I had lost a few good staff members in the crash that day. I am uncertain even now how it is that I had managed to survive it while the others did not.

My attention turns to the display of a rather impressive suit of armor. It looks to be far more advanced than the old refurbished Imperial designs that we currently have. Just how well they would do outside in the jungles is anyone's guess. One will not fully know the answer to that until they are properly tested.

But something else that he says catches my attention even more. A shield generator hidden as a brooch? And a ward against the Force that can look like lace? How advantageous for a Lady like myself and for someone in my position. A fast response force is also an asset that cannot be passed up. I shall not think of protecting just myself, but to protect all of New Cov as well.

I find myself shifting in my seat a little as he speaks of a target being painted on New Cov. A small feeling of guilt arises in my stomach. Afterall some have been laying the blame on me for all of the recent troubles that have happened as of late. For before I had left New Cov and garnered contracts for the biomolecules, there had not been any attacks in decades. But now there have been three in a matter of months.

"There is a target painted on us and so far those striking it appear to be small in numbers. I only hope that my efforts to gain multiple allies for us will stave off a full scale invasion." I suddenly wish that I had poured myself some more wine. The chance for that will be later. "The armor is very impressive. I am certain that the Board of Directors will be quite happy with them. The brooch shield generator is a nice touch that would be highly beneficial to ones like myself. And I am curious as to what lace could ward off the Force? How does that even work?"

Prince of the Expanse

Kyyrin's brow furrowed in confusion for a moment before he regained his composure. The girl wasn't comfortable with his mention of New Cov being a target. Perhaps an after effect of her survived kidnapping attempt. Perhaps something more. "Ah, my apologies. I think you misunderstood." Kyyrin scooped the holodisc off the desk and held it up for emphasis. "This armor specifically is not for sale. This was but a taste of what we can offer. Father does not believe in 'one size fits all' solutions." Kyyrin deactivated the disc, and hid it away once more. "Whatever you would order from New Vylmira would be made to order, to your exact criteria."

Kyyrin clasped his hands once more. "The best way to prevent shortcomings and over-broad solutions is to craft a solution to each and every problem." He paused for a moment, then added, "Likewise with the personal items. Those are STRICTLY made to order and specification. But I would imagine someone in a position such as yourself can understand the need for a good tailor before a dress can truly become your own." He offered a soft smile as he said this. It was not unreasonable. Defense items needing to be worn were certainly best crafted to fit their recipient. Otherwise the product may very well be completely useless.

"But as for your question, I'm afraid I am woefully ill equipped to answer, but I shall do my best. Father was always the family artificer, I myself have yet to delve deeply into that arcane art." He reached out and took a quick sip of his drink, though this one was...longer. There was a history with this art, there. However one made the fabled lace, it was one that Kyyrin was not fond of. "Beyond the obvious materials that are naturally resistant to the Force, it is possible to dampen its effects by imbuing an item with the Force directly. The best results are from those who create their own, but obviously that is not an option for someone such as yourself."

Kyyrin's gaze shifted to behind the woman as he spotted movement outside the window. In a flash it was gone. Likely a piece of debris or a landing ship. Nothing cause for alarm. "But rest assured such devices are rather easy to create. And though I did describe it as a modification of your clothing, we often recommend such things be bound to accessories. What's the point in being safe if it means you have to wear but a single dress for the rest of your days?"

It is difficult for me to hide my brief surprise as he takes the disc away and informs me that the splendid armor he had shown me is not an option for the Covie to have. His people surely broker deals in an odd way. It is as though he is dangling a desired treat on a string and being sure that it remains out of reach.

I quickly regain my composure and put on a polite smile as he speaks further and explains how they operate. Made to order. The example of a tailor is probably not far from the truth. I am unsure of how our individual soldiers adjust their armor to fit for that is not my expertise. However I can imagine that some modifications had been made to them.

I glance down at the ring on my finger as he speaks of my inability to use the Force like so many that outside of New Cov that I have met do. I have not had the chance to use my ring to see if he is one of those people; yet his words suggest that I will already know how it will react.

As for materials that are naturally resistant to the Force, I shall have to do some research on those. Perhaps I can have dresses made from them and it can help me not be at so much of a disadvantage. That is if I properly understand how such materials will work. There is much homework for me to do after this meeting.

My guest seems to be a bit uncomfortable with the process of it all. That is something else that I must look into. Perhaps the process is too dark for it to be worth it.

My thoughts shift as he mentions having an accessory modified as opposed to clothing. Now that is something that I can get behind. "Would a fan suffice for that?" I rise from my chair and walk away from my desk to a small wardrobe. I open it and remove one of my favorite accessories; a beautiful feathered fan and bring it back to the desk where I lay it closed in front of him. "I carry it with me during most of my visits abroad. I had considered somehow concealing a small dagger inside of it. But perhaps there are better uses for it."

I cannot help but feel as though I am a small child among a Galaxy of adults as I navigate myself around practioners of the Force. I am quite naive to their ways and I can only hope that they are equally as naive about mine.

Prince of the Expanse

Kyyrin stood as his host did, turning to watch her retrieve the item from the wardrobe. "Any item could suffice, provided enough skill and imagination." Something he'd heard his father say time and again. Kyyrin stepped closer to inspect the item, though he did not ask to see the item, nor did he attempt to be so rude as to take it anyways. He gestured to the relevant parts of the fan has he spoke further.

"If I may be so bold, a dagger is a good start, but a terrible idea in the long run. What you would want is to turn the very fan itself into a weapon." His finger drew along the top arc of the device, but never touching it. "Plasma emitters along the outer edge, paired with a trigger at your palm could turn it into a quite effective cutting implement."

Kyyrin patted his breastplate. "If you're attacked by someone wearing anything remotely passing for armor, a dagger would almost bounce off. You'd have to be precise, target joints and other weak points. Why limit yourself when turning your fan into something that could slice through metal would allow you to lash out freely, and still find purchase regardless of your assailant's garb?"

Kyyrin gestured again. "Imbuing an item like this with the Force would certainly be a simple task to a skilled artificer as well. In fact, if you'd prefer to keep a more...mundane style of weapon, the Force could even temper a blade along the edge, make it more effective against armored targets."

Kyyrin held up a finger of warning. "Note that I say more effective, not effective." Kyyrin glanced over the fan once more, wracking his brain. "We could also miniaturize and implement a distress beacon. If any of the defensive systems were activated, it would alert...whoever you chose that you were in trouble."

Kyyrin folded his hands behind his back. "I'm sure father could find something that even I would not think of. His combative genius is...frightening at times."

{{Apologies for the delay in my response. My work has kept me away from writing as of late}}

I listen very carefully to his suggestions. I am not a soldier nor an officer of the law. My combat skills are next to nothing. I had not even thought of what an assailant could be wearing if ever I was attacked. Or as I should really put it; when I am attacked.

I take notice of how he has not touched my fan. And I take even more notice of how he had risen to his feet like I have. They must be habits instilled with his noble birthright.

I retake my seat, not because I am testing out my theory but moreso in that it feels right to do so. I gesture towards my fan. "You may examine it closer if you would like. If plasma emitters are attached, will they burn the feathers as well? I can imane that they might need replacing with every use. Am I correct in that assumption?" I can only hope that needing to protect myself with such a weapon will only occur once or twice during my lifetime.

"Having a distress beacon will certainly be a wise choice." And I already have one to some degree; given to me by Narran Ando Narran Ando . It only has one use to it, however. So I must be cautious before thinking of using it. I would hate for it to go to waste.

My thoughts drift to the most recent events on New Cov as of late. I can only hope that my newest allies like Lord Reficite Lord Reficite and Sylas Taff Sylas Taff will continue to aid New Cov when we need it. Even Darth Strosius Darth Strosius might be able to if he is in this sector at the time. I cannot help but feel as though something terrible is about to happen, although I am not a psychic by any means. It can be that it is only a fear of not being able to predict what lies ahead that gives me that feeling.

I draw myself back to the present, refocusing ny attention on my guest. "I can get you in touch with our Security Bureau so that you may see exactly what they need in regards to upgrades to their armor."

Prince of the Expanse

Kyyrin chuckled at the woman's question regarding her feathers. His first response was a rather friendly "duh," but he was civil enough to leave that thought unsaid. Besides, such was a response he'd only ever utter aloud to a close friend who would recognize the gesture in the teasing manner it was meant. "Yes, you would be very correct in that assumption." Kyyrin glanced up at his host. "Assuming you insisted upon real feathers. But if you were to replace them with a sturdier look-alike, then no." Kyyrin shrugged. "Pros and cons to each. A metal feather certainly wouldn't...ah...dance in the breeze quite as well. Arguably would make the fan distinctly more effective though."

Kyyrin shrugged quietly as he turned back towards his seat. Just a suggestion. He was about to take a seat, when he noticed the somber look on his host's face. Something was bothering her. He knew that look all to well. The look of someone worried about their people. A constant fixture upon his father's own face. He picked up his drink and drained the rest of it with a single pull. Perhaps enough to knock a normal person down a peg or two, but his father had taught him a few drinking tricks. The ability to purge one's self of poisons worked wonders for alcohol...

"If I may be so bold, how bad is it?" Kyyrin sat down, looking his host in the eye. He hadn't responded to her comment about the security bureau. "You don't have to divulge intimate details, but...there's no sense in pretending everything is fine." Kyyrin leaned back in his chair slightly. "I know that look you just had all too well. Not to mention you leapt at the idea of new armor for your soldiers." Kyyrin clasped his hands together. "Have you identified a motive? Or a culprit?"

I love the look of the feathers on my fan. So soft and dainty they are. To replace them with metal will hardly do much to compliment my look. Not to mention the fact that it could draw more attention to the fan with reason to believe that it has been weaponized. I will have to be content with replacing the feathers ftom time to time.

Kyyrin does not pick up ny fan or touch it even after permission is given. I can only imagine that it is a part of one of his customs. I take hold of my fan and keep it closed while I rest it in hand on my lap. There is a certain amount of comfort that this fan gives me. I cannot deny that.

And such comfort is needed the moment he retakes his seat and asks me about the state of things here. I advert my gaze from his, moreso out of embarrassment for letting such an expression be noticeable. Even if it was for a split second, that is still far too long.

"I cannot be certain. Yet. Although some of the responsibility must fall on me. There have been a couple of incidents of sabotage recently which have led to the deaths of a number of good people. If I had not brought our resource into the spotlight, then they very well may be still alive. I am assured that it is not an outside job. So the only alternative to that would be that all of this is perpetuated by either one or more Covie." And that, in my opinion, is even more dangerous. "What their motive or what their endgame is I am uncertain at this time. But rest assured, it will become known."

Prince of the Expanse

Kyyrin humphed quietly to himself as his host explained what was happening. He sat in silence for a moment. Perhaps this was his chance to...step in. If he had any hope of living up to his fathers...titanic legend...he'd have to start somewhere. He stood quietly, and strode to the window. "On the contrary. You might have given your world the best chance it has to survive." He stopped at the window, and folded his hands neatly behind his back, looking down at the city below.

"Not an outside job, but not limited to a native." Kyyrin glanced back at his host. "They might have arrived on New Cov after the announcement. Could have done some underhanded dealings to claim a position of power. Ever pass someone in the halls and get the feeling something just...isn't right about them?" Kyyrin shrugged in a "just a thought" kind of way. "But opening the door to the wider galaxy should never be seen as a bad thing. Worlds can only prosper for so long on their own. And now, you have allies among the stars."

Kyyrin turned back to the window. "A responsibility for a few deaths and half-hearted attacks may fall on you, yes. But you have the power to make the opposite your responsibility as well." Kyyrin sighed quietly. "But, that is quite...telling." Kyyrin fell silent for a moment longer, mulling over Liin's words. "What I am about to say to you, if you've any sense, does not leave this room. But I think the problem lies not just within New Cov, but the Board itself."

Kyyrin turned back to the room, pacing with soft footsteps as he talked. "Call me...old fashioned and out of touch if you must, but...attacks on something...integral to the key economy on your planet is not something you entrust to a Junior Director." Kyyrin paused, offering a slight bow of apology to his host. "Not saying you're not capable of handling the job, of course, but shouldn't something as serious as this be the sole concern of the senior director?"

"And even if someone were to make the argument that this is retribution for opening the space lanes, you'll never be able to convince me that you had singular control over that decision. I've sat through too many boardroom meetings to believe that for a second. Otherwise that chair you had me sitting in would be much more comfortable, or far less, one of the two..."
Kyyrin paused, placing his hands on the back of the chair in question as he said this, squinting slightly as his glazed eyes flickered back and forth over his host's form. "Young, assumed naiveite, willing to buck the systems that have been in place for entirely too long? I think someone with a vested interest in this company doesn't like the position you've gotten or the choices you've made. And I think they also find you to be an excellent scape goat."

Praise. I am not used to that coming from an outsider. Unless they were looking to butter me up for something in which case such praise would be merely a falsehood. But I do not believe that that is the case here.

I listen as he speaks further, touching on possibilities that I had thought of before, yet I have kept them to myself. Thoughts of getting a weird vibe from some people. Thoughts of my outreach and deals gaining us allies in unlikely places. But also the thoughts of it gaining us enemies as well. And there is one in particular that had given me veiled threats by the name of Mister Doran ( Darth Temerant Darth Temerant ). He had said once that he could use a bunch of shell companies that he already owns and gain himself a majority stake in NCBC. It makes me wonder if he had managed to coerce one of the members of the Board of Directors into working for him.

He asks through a different phrase of words that I keep our conversation confidential, to which I nod in acknowledgement. I enclose my fingers around the handle of my fan, draw it up and open it in order to lightly fan myself. The cool breeze is comforting, not to mention the very movement itself. What he tells me is not entirely things that I have ever wanted to be voiced. It is as though doing so cements such thoughts from being just bad dreams into a firm reality.

"Both of my parents have been in the Board of Directors for my lifetime. They gave me the tasks to complete and deals to secure in order for me to earn this current position. There has always been competition among the members of the Board. As well as among the smaller companies seeking to overtake NCBC." I pause for a moment as I collect my thoughts, mulling over different scenarios in my head. "What if it goes beyond a dislike of me and what I am doing? What of the possibility of them going after my parents and their allies?" There could be a major shift in power then on New Cov. And who knows what could happen then? "I will just have to try to be a few steps ahead of them. And minimalize who I put trust in." I am glad to have not gained the habit of being a chatterbox. I am social when duty calls for it.

"Have you and your Father faced such a situation yourselves?"

Prince of the Expanse

Kyyrin grimaced slightly at the posed question. Had he and his father ever faced times like these? "I have not. Father, on the other hand....Father perfected it." Kyyrin nodded quietly as if in reassurance of his own words. "There's many tales I could tell of father's exploits, but for now I shall keep things brief by saying only this." Kyyrin slowly walked around the chair and sat back down. "Darth Voph didn't believe in hanging his enemies. But he very much enjoyed handing them a rope to see what kind of knot they would tie with it."

Not King. Not monarch. Darth. Kyyrin, the son of royalty, had chosen to share his father's Sith title, not his royal one. A pointed and deliberate choice. A man who didn't believe in taking direct action, but who would more than happily provide his opponent the chance to make every possible mistake, until there was nothing they could do but lose.

"So, here's what I propose. I'll send word back to New Vylmira that you wish to purchase a few items. The forgemasters there can handle the logistics, offer alternatives, and I can take the rest of the evening to advise on composition for security forces' armor. We settle upon a fair number of biomolecules as your payment, and in the meantime, you tell me everything you know about these attacks. Father's been listening, and we are agreed." Kyyrin closed his eyes slowly, then opened them once more, now bright and focused as they had been when he'd entered the room. "You're far to reasonable for us to risk dealing with your replacement. I'm not due at my next venture for almost a fortnight. I've time to kill on a hunt."

And there it is. His Father is a Sith. I guess that I should not be so surorised. I glance down at my ring, knowing that it would glow upon contact and if I had the ability to see color, then it would surely show me what side of the coin he falls. However, this game of chess that I now am a playnig piece of have a daunting task in front of me. I need to navigate my way across the board and to the other side, safely. And there are many obsticles that threaten to block my way and remove me from the board. I shall take my time before I am to make any sudden moves.

I listen to his proposal, waiting for some shoe to drop. And then it does. Our whole cpnveesation that he had asked to remain strictly between us has apparently been broadcasted to his Father. Word was surely to reach him eventually, but still I feel as though some trust had been violated. I must be careful with my words and what I reveal. I cannot open myself up anymore to such vulnerabilities and be exposed even further to prying eyes and ears.

"Agreed." That is all that I say before I close my fan, set it on my besk and walk over to the cabinet where I begin to pour myself a glass of wine. I can use the drink given that I am to relive events that I hope to forget some day. "The first tragedy happened on my arrival home from Coruscant. The vent and pipe that my transport was flying into exploded and we crashed outside of the dome and within the jungle. I somehow survived it while many others..." I pause as I sip my wine, then turn and stride back to my desk. I retake my seat and keep my composure steadfast and my posture straight. "....many others did not. It had seemed as though a rescue party had found me, but it turned out to be kidnappers instead, and ones that can change who they look like. But their lack of knowledge of the jungle and the monsters that call it home had saved me." I am uncertain of where I would be today if they had succeeded.

"Months later an access panel to this dome over Ilic had been pried open. And in doing so the monsters were let in, wreaking havoc on the citizenry here. With the help of many the opening was shielded and shut while the monsters were destroyed. A few crates of the biomolecules were stolen that day, amongst all of the chaos. But rest assured that security has been redoubled. I do not expect such tragedies to happen again." On the contrary I expect that tragedies of a different sort will eventually occur. I just cannot fathom what they will be at this moment in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom