Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building a Better Mook Trap [ATTN: Daxton Bane]

[ Transmission to Daxton, with love ]

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TRANSMISSION SOURCE: VOID STATION
Recepients: @[member="Daxton Bane"]

// TRANSMISSION BEGINS \\

[00:01 - 00:06] [Hannibal stands in front of the camera, in what appears to be a medlab.] "Hey, daddy-o. I've acquired ya bounty."

[00:07 - 00:20] [Hannibal moves away from the camera, revealing a medical bed containing an unconscious Thessa Kai. She's strapped in fairly tight and looks worse for wear, apparent burns covering her exposed face and arms.]

[00:21 - 00:36 ] [Hannibal steps back in view of the camera, resuming his speech.] "Normally I'd deliver 'er, but her mook boyfriend broke my ship. Can't take off. Put a bullet in 'is brains for it, managed t' get 'er with the flamethrower. She's stable, but can't be moved. You's gonna 'ave t' pick 'er up soon. I think she managed t' call for help. Dunno when they'll be here."

[00:37 - 00: ] [Hannibal continues speaking.] "I'm at void station. Medlab 33-B. Betta hurry, dig? If her friends bust 'er outta here, she ain't surfacin' nowhere for a while."

// TRANSMISSION ENDS \\

VOID STATION
MEDLAB 33-B

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Judah Dashiell"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Hannibal switched off the transmitter, terminating the message to Daxton. He turned to Harkin and Judah after picking up the crowbar he'd been using to pry open some floor panels not too long ago. Conveniently, the boyfriend and the stowaway had been located off-camera.

"Alrighty, folks. Hopefully that'll inspire some movement in Bane's legs. I trust you folks know what ya doin', but run it by me just in case, dig?" As Hannibal spoke, he made his way over to the medical bed Thessa presently occupied.

He withdrew his spare Czerka Machine Pistol from its holster. Being strapped to that bed would look mighty uncomfortable to most folks, but she could actually get out of that bed any time she so desired. As for the burns, finding a competent make-up artist had been a stretch of luck. This was all a ruse, a scam.

A mook-trap.

Hannibal unceremoniously jammed the pistol under the pillow, easily within reach if Thessa deigned it necessary to use it. "That's loaded with the Venom slugs. Whatever ya do, don't shoot the floor."

Hannibal's load out was presently made up for the Czerka assault rifle strapped to his back, his own machine pistol and the light machine gun tucked away in a corner over yonder. There was also his gauntlets, which were always ready for service, and a number of grenades strapped to his belt. Hannibal didn't do this thing that he did without proper preparation.

@Hannibal Oryen @Thessa Kai | @Judah Dashiell | @Harkin Kane

The one of the advantages of Void station that worked in Daxton's favor was the relatively lawless nature of the location. It afforded him a certain degree of autonomy and power in dealing with the more criminal aspects of the society. In fact, it was one of the reasons why his criminal enterprises thrived in such a remote region. That and a steady supply of combat droids and mercenries eager to carry out his biddings.

As soon as he got the message he had assembled an even dozen combat droids to form his entourage, half of them mobile shielded droidekas which saw much action during the clone wars. Plus he had a squad of thugs assemble nearby to act as reserves, just in case his pet's allies proved to be more than a handful. Underestimating them one time was one time too many. Rounding out the team was a surgeon class droid to stabilize his target as well as interrogator type probe in case she was still conscious enough to have some fun with.

Most of the inhabitants of the sector gave the convoy a wide berth as soon as they saw them coming, it was obvious Daxton was loaded for bear and looking for an excuse to start some trouble.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin's own assault rifle hung loosely over his shoulder bouncing at his hip as he hurried towards the med lab. He came over the com he had given @[member="Judah Dashiell"], Zzzt "Hey pal you read? Bane's landing with a personal militia. Security's holding the door open for him. Sparky was able to pull the organic readings. They're low so he must have droids. Tell @[member="Hannibal Oryen"] to have those ion grenades handy!" Click.

Harkin turned back to wait for the droid struggling to keep up. "Come on now ya bucket of bolts. Wouldn't what ol' Kane to beat ya back now would ya?" He smiled as he waited. He liked the little droid. It had a soul better then many the men he had known. As they made their rendezvous Harkin thought to himself, 'Lights, camera, action.'

@Thessa Kai

@[member="Harkin Kane"]| @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"] | @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Judah was putting the finishing touches on his device. It was an extremely crude EMP disruptor. Wouldn't shut a droid down in the slightest but would fry the circuits long enough to give a bit of confusion to whatever mechanical being it touched. Mainly salvaged trash he had found in the heaps around the station. A way to focus his nervous energy. No doubt Bane would be bringing a medical or torture droid. Judah could easily remember the torture droid Bane had brought along to their meeting.Brought back to reality by Kane's voice,he answered back quickly.

"Will do."

Shifting from his location, the salvager looked over at Oryen. Judah kept his ugly EMP trash gun in his hand, moving to look at Thessa in the medical bed. His hand found hers and he gave a strong squeeze before turning back to their bounty hunter.

"Kane hopes you have ion grenades at the ready. Looks like we're in for a fight involving mostly droids. How are the lizards holding up?"

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Judah Dashiell"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

"Shavit. Seriously? A militia? Goddamn mook." Hannibal muttered. He didn't carry ion grenades, but regular thermal detonators were inclined to work just as well. Besides, MacGyver over there had cooked himself up some kind of anti-droid dohickey. Hannibal would ask about that later, when things weren't about to get real as all hell.

Hannibal wasn't keen on this turning into a real firefight. In fact, Daxton bringing a whole mess of help had not even crossed the bounty hunter's mind when he dreamed up this plan. The militia and the Daxton were going to need to be split up. Should be relatively easy- not all of them were going to be able to fit in the medlab.

"Lizzads? What lizzads?" Hannibal shot Judah a pointed glare. Talking about the specifics surrounding carefully laid, subtly alluded to traps almost always made them backfire. "Whateva. You an' cyclopes wait outside. Hide somewheres. Soon as Bane steps inside, I seal the doors an' springs the trap. You distract the militia ta keep from bustin' 'im out. Me an' ya ladyfriend'll KO Bane. Once he's out, we'll 'elp ya with whatever you missed. Capiche?"

This plan almost entirely depended on getting Daxton inside the medlab before shots started being fired. Otherwise, it wouldn't just be a militia to take down, but a crazy space ninja with swords that could cut through anything.

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

"No. No 'capiche'. You think I'm going to let you and Bane be alone with her? Do I look that stupid?"

The answer was probably yes, but Judah hoped the bounty hunter viewed his question as rhetorical. Give up complete control to some masked idiot they had met only what...forty-eight hours prior? Glancing around the room, he was looking for a second exit or easy escape. Vent in the ceiling, not exactly an easy escape. The front door was the only way in or out. Frustration at their location was only building. What idiot didn't find a room with a second exit?

"I'm staying right here. There is no compromise on this at all."

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

"Don't be stupid." Hannibal snapped back, his false tough-guy accent lapsing into that of a condescending, upper-crust Fondorian for a moment. Oops. There was a short pause as Hannibal realized he messed up that line's delivery, shaking his head to clear his mind before re-addressing the current issue.

"You wanna catch this mook 'a not?" Hannibal said, now back to his regularly scheduled vernacular. "I gots ta be the one leadin' Daxton in there an' some'un has ta-"

-Stay with Harkin to help him keep Daxton's little party entertained. That was what Hannibal had originally been going to say, until he remembered that there was a mysterious fifth member of the party Judah potentially had access to. A fifth member of the party that had been lifted from the home of an elderly Duros. Harkin needed some kind of back up out here and since Hannibal and Thessa had a role to play and Judah didn't want to leave his ladyfriend, another droid at Harkin's disposal would have to do.

"Where's the FIII Footman droid?" Hannibal demanded.

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

"Back on the Siren."

Judah didn't see the big deal with the Footman droid, Ferox. Until it dawned on him what Footmans were designed to do. Be walking death machines for their owners, the droids were strong enough to punch through walls if so desired. Rail cannons and hidden blasters also helped the situation. A big enough explosion could take out a number of other droids Bane was reportedly bringing along for the ride. Switching the comm over to the Siren's channel, he hailed the bipedal droid.

"Ferox. Get down to the medical bay on the double. Meet up with Harkin Kane, he'll give you further instructions."

"On the way, Master Dashiell."

Judah cut the comm off and hoped the Footman would be enough to help even the score. They did also have Sparky, but his main attack was to shock people with a prod and then berate them. Lucky for most, as they did not understand the finer nuances of astromech speak.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin, realizing he was making good time slowed his approach. Sparky wizzed close beside. "I'm done with ya lil buddy. When we get to the med-lab see if Dash needs any help alright?" Harkin would no doubt be expected to flank from outside, and he didn't want the droid in harms way. A drunkard in a large duster rested against a store wall. A bottle of some dark liquor was clinched tightly in his hands. Harkin dumping the bottle to remove temptation helped himself to both it and the coat. Rapping himself in his new, smelly attire he rounded the last corner to the med lab. 'Smells like the inside of Hannibal's helmet.' Harkin laughed at his own cleverness as he noted the exterior of the med-lab. A faucet protruded from the wall of a shanty like building to the side. Harkin gave a slight turn so a puddle would begin forming. The landscape was sloped slightly so the water would run back down the street he had came from. "Yeah, frak your droids buddy."

"So this is it then? The final showdown."

"Listen woman, can't you see I'm a little preoccupied?"

'It's not to late to walk away my love."

Harkin stopped and looked up at nothing, "It's years to late to walk away Naomi. May I burn in hell for your death, but this isn't about either of us."

He dismissed the ghost best he could before switching on the com ZZZt "Kane going dark. See you on the other side..." Tucking the rifle at his back he slumped close the dripping faucet. Clenching the commandeered bottle hard to keep the thermal detonator tucked up his sleeve out of sight, he put on his best drunken gaze. A look he was well versed in. He looked like a rugged mess, but if anything he was convincing....

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Daxton Bane"] | @[member="Judah Dashiell"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Hand was cold and clammy as she squeezed Judah’s rough fingers back. Even though the bindings on the medical cot were a ploy, it was all too similar to the position she had been in with the demon about to walk through that door. Silently, she managed to catch and hold Judah’s gaze.

She was worried about him. She was prepared to face her demon – or liked to think she was - but was he? He too, was a victim of the sith master.

The weight of the pistol beneath her head was a small comfort.

“I’m set,” voice sounded strained. She didn’t have to act to be sick. The thought of being in a very enclosed space with Daxton Bane again was enough to make her physically ill. A mixture of adrenaline and fear pumped through her anxious system. She was conflicted on where her love should be. If he was here, she could keep an eye on him but he would potentially be in more danger. If he was with Harkin, he might be safer but then if something happened to him without her there…

“Judah, don’t let Bane see you. According to the message you’re dead. And you guys have it easy,” a weak smile cracked across aqua-lips. “I’m the one that has to lay here practically motionless.”

Reaching out, she pulled Judah’s comm over, pressing her thumb on the switch to Harkin. “Don’t forget our deal Kane. And…thank you.” Eyes traveled to Hannibal as she said the last two words, meant for both the hunters even though it appeared only one was doing it without credits in mind.

Four rolling droidekas heralded the arrival of the Sith Master and his crew, the killing machines effortlessly unfolding and deploying their defensive shields as their weapons looked for viable targets. Sensing none, they signaled the all clear sign, and positioned themselves to protect the entrance. Flanking Daxton were a pair of matched Terminax Assassin droids and an MD Medical bot complete with swirling skirt in preparation to stabilize the victim for transport.

For a second, Daxton reached out to the Force to see if he could sense his prey's presence inside, and was pleasantly surprised to discover the life signs of those inside. Keeping a poker face beneath his silver reflective mask, he smiled as he had MD bot announce their presence.

Did they really think they could catch a spider in its own web? Well lets see how they played out the game, he thought silently to himself in amusement.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

Once Judah was hiding someplace he couldn't easily be seen and Thessa was back to playing near-dead, Hannibal crossed the room back over to the medlab's entrance. Time to start the show. This would either be Hannibal's greatest achievement, or maybe he'd lose an arm or something. That would hardly go over well, but at least he could say he did a better job of trying to get at Daxton than these mooks. The door slid up, revealing the one and only-

Kark, were those Droidekas? They hadn't been kidding about the militia thing. The HRDs flanking Daxton looked pretty convincing, but Hannibal's cybernetic eyes picked up on the finicky details. Dashiell, Thai, and Kane would probably have no idea until they shot at the damn things. Didn't matter, they could cross that bridge when they got to it. For now, Hannibal had to employ his subtle charisma to get Daxton where he needed to be.

"Sheeeesh." Hannibal whistled, eyeing the assembled droids and thugs. "Welp. Whatevva mooks she called, I guess they'll 'ave a 'ard time. C'mon, she's in 'ere. Leave ya friends at the doors, I don't want 'er ta wake up. At'll be messy."

"Secure the perimeter." Daxton commanded the droidekas, the robots swaying slowly back and forth like sentient reptile guardians seeking prey. While Daxton, the assassin droids, and the medical bot joined Hannibal inside.

"I assume you wish to be paid and done with this little business mercenary. Don't you worry. As soon as my medical bot confirms she is still alive, you will get your credits and we will be done here."

What Daxton failed to mention was that he had modified the Medical bot with stun rod probe, which it activated as it approached the prone mermaid. Should the droid make contact, it would deliver enough voltage to stun a half dozen wookies into a semi paralyzed state. Apparently the Sith wasn't going to take any chances with his prize at all.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

"'course she's alive." Hannibal said, straining to not add "mook" to the end of that sentence. "Take a look at th' heart monitor."

True to his word, there was the heart monitor, beeping away slowly at Thessa's side. Just like any legitimate medical center would have. It wasn't actually hooked up to her, as Hannibal certainly couldn't risk having Thessa get all nervous and having her heart rate increase. Instead it was just a loop of some nobody's weak, fragile heart rate. Suddenly it wasn't Thessa's heart Hannibal was worried about, but rather the medical droid that had a stun rod sticking out of it. Hannibal wasn't a doctor by any means, but he could tell surgical probes from electric cudgels in a pinch.

Hannibal balked, understandably, moving to swat the droid away from its current course. "What're ya, nuts? That'll give 'er a heart attack. Save that kinda stuff fa
after ya pay me."

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"] | @[member="Judah Dashiell"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Amazingly or not, the Galan remained still even though her heart was thudding a bazillion clicks a second. She heard Hannibal's hand connect with the medical droid. Daxton was so close now. It made her blood run colder than the plains of Hoth. Ears strained to hear the sound of that droid heading back over. If it did, you better believe she would move for the hidden pistol.

I swear to the Sirens of Gala if Hannibal screws this up I'm gonna kill him...

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] |@[member="Thessa Kai"] |@[member="Harkin Kane"] |@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Hidden behind a bunch of medical crates and boxes, Judah could see the exchange through a small crack in the hasty construction of his hiding spot. Sweaty palm kept a firm grip on the EMP thrown together device. With the medical droid Daxton brought in close proximity to himself, Judah thought about springing and taking it down. Yet it would put Thessa in great danger in regards to the Sith. Wouldn't take much for her to get drug off....

Shifting silently, the debate waged on in his head. If that droid laid one cold metal arm on the Galan, that was it.

"I fail to see how its any of your concern merc, but if its your money that you're worrying about then you will get it as soon as the droid confirms she is still alive. Haven't you seen one of those before? That is a top of the line surgeon droid, it can monitor her life signs in ways you have no idea. Besides my little milkfish has been rather pestersome of late. Nothing a few jolts wouldn't fix.......unless you have something to hide. Do you, my friend?"

The medical droid moved closer to the prone mermaid, the stun rod protruding maliciously towards her exposed flesh.....

"Am I gonna 'ave t' pull out my book 'a common sense 'n smack ya 'cross the face with it?" Hannibal spat with no small trace of annoyance. "If. Ya. Hit. 'er. With. The. Stun. Rod. She'll. Die."

Maybe it was bad for business if Hannibal got too condescending, but he had it with the stun rod rhetoric. Daxton's dismissal of his concerns was also rather insulting. Hannibal could recognize a souped up cattle prod when he saw one, understood the heart-based implications of electrocuting people, and could see the kind of scam Daxton was looking to pull. None of this was flying- not in his airspace. "What'd ya take me for? A mook? You's a space wizard. You can sense people. Th' karkin' droid ya brought with ya has vital scanners. Ya goddamn bounty says she needs t' be alive on delivery. If you roast that sea hag 'for I'm paid, ya ain't obliged t' pay me squat. Think I was born yesta'day?"

Thessa would hopefully forgive him for the sea hag remark or forget about it entirely. Or maybe it was Judah he had to be more worried about. Whatever. He had to stay in character here. At this point, Hannibal took a step forward and delivered a mighty repulse-hand amplified backhand to the medical droid, sending the hovering automaton fluttering off course. No one was getting the better of Hannibal Oryen. Not when he still had an illegal weapon grafted to his arm.

"Top 'a the line my ass."

The medical droid weighed half a ton and was as large as the mercenary, so the backhand mere sent it a pace or back as if it were a human being. Suddenly the whine of powered up blasters filled the air, as the twin Terminax droids raised their weapons and pointed them at the man, waiting for the signal from the Sith to start firing. At this range, the heavy blasters they were wielding could do some serious indiscrimatory damage to not just mercenary but everything else in front of them, including the patient.

Laughing softly as if that was the most amusing thing in the room, one could hear the tinge of malice mixed in the beverity of the mood. "Looks like she has her hooks in you as well, I see. No matter. No point in spoiling the sport. Sedate her instead." With a snap of his fingers, the droid withdrew the stun rod and replaced it with a syringe filled with narcotic agents designed to render the patient immobile for several hours.

"You will get paid your money, once she is sedated and transferred into my care. Satisfied?"

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin groaned a bit from beneath the heavy coat watching the slivering droids. They weren't exactly an immense threat, but he sure as hell couldn't think of a quiet way to get rid of them. He was in the proximity of the area. A proximity check would soon have there attention on him. Even so his drunkard guise was impenetrable. It seemed almost as if it was the role he was destined to play. He was itching bad. He wanted to dive head first right into the mouth of the beast, but he would wait his turn. He hoped the lovers were okay. Hell, the man was even worrying about ol bucket head too! And so here slumped the man. Buying his time until the time was right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom