Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building a Better Mook Trap [ATTN: Daxton Bane]

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"] | @[member="Judah Dashiell"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Sedated my ass...

Hannibal had about ten more seconds before she was about to 'wake-up' and clock him.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

Odd that Hannibal hadn't really sized up the medical droid until now, but he could only deal with information as it was presented to him. Damnation if he got the specs on something only after he had tried to pimp-slap it. If Hannibal had been handling this like a legitimate businessman, he would have agreed to the sedation. However, he was anything but legitimate right now and was determined to see Daxton fork over the money before bullets and blaster bolts started flying everywhere. Time for more excuses.

"No, not acceptable, ya goof." Hannibal replied, not the least bit miffed by those assassin droids. He knew Judah was back in there somewhere. Hopefully he hadn't fallen asleep. "What kinda amateur show do ya think I'm runnin' here? She's already doped up t' kingdom come. I ain't havin' you OD the broad. Cough up the cash an' I wheel 'r out to ya ship myself."

Many things could be said of Hannibal, but his silver tongue was more like copper with that dialect he had. But that was giving himself the benefit of the doubt in having a silver tongue in the first place, which was almost entirely untrue. What was true of Hannibal was that he liked pushing things. Envelopes, mermaids, scavengers, other bounty hunters and, most recently, a space wizard.

@Hannibal Oryen @Thessa Kai | @Judah Dashiell | @Harkin Kane

"Did you just call me a goof?" Daxton's voice betrayed his disbelief in what he just heard. Calling one of the biggest criminal overlords in the sector a goof was a close one could get to pissing off a Hutt and finding one's self getting a facial on a rancor's behind. "But since you asked.....yes I think you're an beginner at this. You see my droids already have the drop on you." Pausing to emphasize the assassin droids whose weapons were already raised and pointed at the mercenary.

"With but a single word, I can have my toys turn you, her and this entire room into swiss cheese before you could blink an eye. But that would be total overkill and besides we're here to do business. Isn't that right, friend?" Although from the way Daxton said it, he was clearly using the term in the loosest possible manner. "Now as I see it, I have means and firepower to dictate terms. So if you want to walk away with no holes in you and credits in your account. I suggest you allow my medical droid to do its job. So what is it going to be? Credits or do you feel lucky punk?"

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

Judah rolled his eyes from his hiding spot at the mention of 'swiss cheese the entire room'. Sure, the droids looked shiny enough. To a nerd like himself who spent his freetime tinkering and studying them, weaknesses could easily be seen. Every droid had a weakness. Merely a matter of exploiting it. He paused, debating on what to do. The medical droid was a bit too close to Thessa for his liking. Probably torture two point oh coming their way.

Naturally, Hannibal was worried about his credits. It didn't seem like Bane was backing down though. Shifting slightly in his hideout, internal debate raged. If he struck now, would Hannibal even bother to help? The hunter was expecting a double cross, which meant twice the credits.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

Hannibal had never been one to let something as pedantic as a pointed weapon put him on edge... But now that Daxton mentioned it, yes, that was arguably a very pressing concern. It looked like Hannibal wasn't going to wring any money out of this guy after all. There was no sense in trying to press his luck any further. It was time to take the money and run. Or, in this case, take Judah's cash and spring the trap. He could probably beat some account information out of Daxton later. Being a cyborg with a piece of hardware lodged in your brain tended to have benefits. For instance, Hannibal could trigger mechanisms without actually having to hold, say, a detonator or something of that sort.

In this case, Hannibal used his PsiComm interface to wirelessly activate the half-dozen slumbering Ysalamiri that had been placed beneath the medical lab. The lizards were deep under the durasteel floors, but not so much that their little anti-Force bubbles couldn't turn the medlab into a sudden dead zone for the Force. The previously sleeping Ysalamiri were attached to nutrient cages, which were in turn affixed with adrenaline needles. Once injected via Hannibal's silent, high-tech command, the Ysalamiri woke up and they did their thing. Now, while that was all clever, it wouldn't do much good if Hannibal had laid his trap in such a way that Daxton could just bolt out the door and get out of the Ysalamiri bubbles. That was why he had rigged the blastdoors to the medlab to magnetically seal at his command as well. Just as the Ysalamiri were waking up, the blastdoors fell into place with a clang.

"Au contraire, mon frère!" Hannibal announced, praying that Judah would take the opportunity to gun down at least one of the assassin droids.

This was, incidentally, also Thessa's cue to whip out her pistol and take care of that looming medical droid. This was also the part where Harkin, provided he had not actually gotten drunk while waiting, would take on Daxton's militia with the help of the footman. Hannibal would meanwhile seize the opportunity to fling himself to the left in order to avoid swift retaliation by the assassin droids.

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"] | @[member="Judah Dashiell"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Just when she thought Hannibal's mouth had run its course and the medical droid was getting a little too close with its probe, Sparky wheeled into action. The little astromech's overprotectiveness of its owner chimed in at the same moment Hannibal sprung the trap. With a series of sassy, low-pitched warbles it fixed its thrusters, high-voltage fork out, and body slammed into the medical droid, which in turn, went for a collision path with one of the battle droids.

The Czerka pistol was already in the Galan's hand as she awoke from her illusory burned and half-dead state to shoot two venom slug rounds at the chest of the man that haunted her nightmares. Her body quickly tipped to the side as she crouched behind the medical table for cover.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin sat uneasily peering towards the bionic serpents, 'Come on tin man!' He remained cool, relaxed. His performance of false intoxication would when him a Galactic Grammy for sure. Letting out the occasional slur or drunken grunt he kept up his disguise. That was until...

"Master Dashiell sent me to be of service to you Mr. Kane! Might I-"

Jumping hard to his feet, Harkin made a mad sprint towards the droid. "Ferox you dumbass!" Harkin tackled the droid hard into a narrow alleyway of one of the buildings surrounding the medlab. Surely things had kicked off inside, because it had really hit the fan out here. "And best supporting actor goes to!" Harkin yelled back at the droid as he flicked the safety from his carbine. Ripping the bum's coat off his back he discovered it riddled with the burns of blaster fire. It caused a snort of amusement and possibly relief as he quickly peeked from cover to squeeze of a few rounds. The droid had found it's feet by this time and was getting prepared to assist with cover fire.

"Nah we're frak'd if we keep to the alley. Come on!" Spinning around the droid Harkin put a boot through the back door to the building the duo had sought cover behind. Peering through the settling dust Harkin made note of the surroundings. He felt it incredibly convenient they had coincidentally barged into a modest store house. Much of the center was barren. A stack of crates here or there and a barrel or two, but what caught his eye rather quickly was the loft that ran around walls of the interior. Steel crates covered the majority of the loft. This put the tiny cogs of Harkin's tiny brain spinning. Pulling the droid close to him, Harkin confided, "Alright numb-nuts, I gotta plan..."

[b[@[member='Thessa Kai'][/b],@[member='Daxton Bane'], @[member='Hannibal Oryen'],@[member='Judah Dashiell'],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom