Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Bryn'adul Feedback

Kiara Ayres

K
As writers, you guys are a pretty small writer base compared to other major factions and you are all very friendly and easy to get along with! I've been in a few group chats for invasions and the skirmish and you guys are so easy to instantly get along with and we joke and banter. It's great. For that reason, you are great writers to write with.

As a faction, I respect the effort put into being the only major faction comprised totally of original lore. That took a lot of work and dedication so respect for that.

I find our current skirmish particularly interesting because it showcases the Bryn in a new light and I am really liking it. I think threads like this, outside of invasions, could do you the world of good as a faction both for your own members and for engaging with other factions.

I think the problems with invasions is that they can get repetitive, especially when you have a lot of focus on internal stories. When you are fighting the same enemy near-constantly whose only goal from SJC's perspective seems to be to destroy and genocide, then it could do with something to keep the story fresh.

As writers, you guys are a pretty small writer base compared to other major factions and you are all very friendly and easy to get along with! I've been in a few group chats for invasions and the skirmish and you guys are so easy to instantly get along with and we joke and banter. It's great. For that reason, you are great writers to write with.

As a faction, I respect the effort put into being the only major faction comprised totally of original lore. That took a lot of work and dedication so respect for that.

I find our current skirmish particularly interesting because it showcases the Bryn in a new light and I am really liking it. I think threads like this, outside of invasions, could do you the world of good as a faction both for your own members and for engaging with other factions.

I think the problems with invasions is that they can get repetitive, especially when you have a lot of focus on internal stories. When you are fighting the same enemy near-constantly whose only goal from SJC's perspective seems to be to destroy and genocide, then it could do with something to keep the story fresh.

Thank you for the advice! We'll look at ways to make invasions more interesting for you guys, and I'm glad you enjoy talking and writing with us!

I’ve been told by other Major Factions that the Brynadul have a habit of “writing through the opposition, not with.”

Have you been told this, and if so how do you plan on combatting this perception? Personally as an antagonistic faction I can understand the view, but I’m wondering if there’s been a self-reflection of flaws by leadership given previous IC and OOC conflict surrounding your invasions.

Tefka Tefka

I'm gonna take this one for Sethrak. :)

I've definitely heard the argument that we're "writing through" our opposition instead of with them. I understand that at times we could certainly give off that impression, especially since a lot of our stories operate with the "endless horde" vibe.

While I'm not entirely certain I agree with the perception, it's still one that's there, and we've recently taken steps to try to be more amicable to our fellow Majors, and to make it easier to operate with/against us. For one thing, we've recognized that the "Phase" system that was used in one of our more recent objectives seemed to cause a lot of issues with our SJC opponents feeling that we weren't giving them anything to work with - to that end we've abandoned that particular system and are reverting to more traditional objectives to make it easier for people to interact with us.

We've also been trying to layout some communication groundwork with our most common invasion partner so that there are lines of communication well-established and standards setup so that we can facilitate easier invasions, and make sure that we can come together to write stories cooperatively even if canonically we're operating competitively.

Our doors are always open during skirmishes, invasions, rebellions, or any other type of thread. If anyone wants to get in touch with us, they're always able, and we're willing to make stories work for everyone involved. If anyone ever does feel like they're being "written through" they're more than welcome to reach out to us, explain what's going on, and we can try to find a compromise or solution that's going to make everyone happy to the best of our ability.

I've certainly enjoyed a lot of the ones I've been in against y'all. Since I keep coming back to do it, especially as Rocho. Though since Rocho is rarely the one with much to lose IC, I imagine my potential frustration is a great deal less than anyone who has a character that lived on the planet or something.

Though I've definitely heard of a dislike about the way some ship or machinery rules could be maneuvered around by making them species I think. But, I kind of vanished for a bit, so those comments were from quite awhile ago and I don't remember it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom