Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers of the Craft (which craft?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dathomir was Marrik's home away from home away from home. He was born and raised here, but grew up in the Mandalorian ranks and now returned to train and discover his capabilities with Magik.

He was here to train with a well known Vod and Spellweaver [member="Isley Verd"]. He didn't know Verd personally but had heard many war stories and seen him in battle. A fierce Mando and deadly warlock, Marrik felt luck had shone upon him when he was approached to train with Verd.

In the woods, the best place for a Hunter to train, that was where he'd meet his new master.

Growth.

Regardless of race or creed, regardless of national affiliations or alignment, all men seek to master themselves. It is a natural part of the chaotic cycle known as Life. For some, mastery comes through instruction of one's self; through forging one's own path without any regard for what has already been done. However, most look to the past for guidance; for more often than not, the keys to the future lay in what was. Amongst those who ascribed to this particular train of thought was a Mandalorian, known as Isley Verd.

He, a son of both Mandalore and Dathomir, had volunteered to assist another of his kind in training. Isley had experience that few in the Galaxy could even dream to possess; and now the time had come to pass down what he knew to another. To this end, a missive had been sent ahead to the warrior in need of training. Simple in nature, the message contained light pleasantries in addition to coordinates to a location: one deep within the forests of Clan Morte's territory.

The tale of what had transpired within this particular ruin had been lost to time, and for the most part it was left in peace. However, it was Isley's ambition to claim this ruin for his own; and his newfound student would learn much through aiding in this goal. Known as a Star Temple, the ruin appeared as a pyramid that had been assaulted by time. While structurally sound, damage had been wrought through the ages; resulting in the husk overlooked by the Mandalorian currently.

Isley stood atop a hill overlooking what remained of the Star Temple. Through the components of his helm, he was able to clearly see what awaited him at a distance; and for the most part the coast seemed clear. However, caution was to be used in proceeding, for Manda only knew what could lie in waiting. As the Mandalorian continued to scout the Star Temple, the approach of the student was noted. His arrival was heralded by the symphony of footsteps crushing twigs and leaves underneath. Turning, Isley regarded the man with a respectful nod before motioning at the ruin below.

Greetings brother." he began, addressing [member="Marrik Aloxum"] in the tongue of the Mandalorians. "Let's get down to business. There is a ruin that I would like to investigate, and while doing so we shall begin your training. I've no idea what we will face moving forward, but I wager that something is at work...for this place has yet to be disturbed it seems. I will observe what you know, and once I have a clue of what you are capable of I will begin your training." With that said, the Mandalorian paused for a moment before adding: "Any questions?"

Marrik looked down towards the ruins of the old temple, it was a place that existed long before Marrik did, though he knew of its importance during its time. Isley was there waiting for him, in full armor like any Vod.

Although, Marrik was unlike most Vod, he preferred less armor, wearing his light Legionnaire armor and red cloak. He also favored his energy bow to a traditional blaster. It was folded and tucked into a sheath at the small of his back, along with a vibrosword on his belt, Marrik carried little else. The Dathomirian was a man of few words and even in a case where he did have a question, he would say the bare minimum requires to get his idea across.

"No questions, thank you for taking on my training Verd. I am ready when you are."

[member="Isley Verd"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom