Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bribing the Ferryman [Taeli]

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Here you are," Fiolette handed Taeli the book she had requested and then adjusted one of the pillows behind her wife's back. "There we are." The Galidraani smiled and gave her wife a kiss, one that went on longer than intended. As she parted the redhead could hear the fire crackling, heat from the hearth warmed their room to a comfortable temperature. Fall had started to settle in here on Bastion, which meant the nights were longer and colder. Quietly she eased herself onto the bed, and once settled in she let her body melt. The way the mattress just took away the physical aches of the day was a simple yet welcomed relief. Fiolette said nothing for a minute or two, but her mind raced with thoughts. A dozen or more regarding fleet movements, with another two dozen regarding the evening's announcement at dinner.

The wedding preparations for Fiolette's oldest daughter Lucinyia to Mr. Calvin Halscott had gone on for months now, and as the wedding finally drew near. It seemed there would be a new surprise for the family, a baby. Lucy and Calvin had announced that they were expecting with the child due in the summer of next year. The topic of grandchildren hadn't been far from her mind since. At first, Lucy thought her mother disappointed but that was hardly the case, Fiolette was ecstatic - even if she didn't show it. A deep breath, and exhale, the woman sat up in bed and moved toward the foot of the bed. "I know I shouldn't even need to ask but-"

Taeli would not turn down a foot massage, and at six months along with herself, it was her simple relief. A smile from Fiolette as she obliged her wife's wishes. Her thoughts remained on her grandchildren and more importantly, she thought on her son, Ferrathias. Ferrathias who had recently passed away leaving behind seven children the oldest of them, Frielle who had recently sought Fiolette out. Ferrathias had failed to mention his Imperial family, and for that Fiolette could not blame him. His daughter fumed that he would hide this from them all. It wasn't an easy answer, but it wasn't an easy time for the girl either. She had left Bastion with more questions than answers but promised to return. Lucy announcing her pregnancy this evening, in what seemed to be a day after the fleet's return from Mandalore.

Mandalore.

They had lost the Air Marshal there.

Seeing the wretched face of her wife, put this into perspective for Fiolette. As did the news this evening, Ishana and Kaalia had three beautiful girls and for the moment it seemed Kaalia would be on her own to raise them. Although she had sworn that this would not be and that she would march straight into hell itself to pull her wife back. Back from death's cold grip, "darling..." Fiolette's voice just an octave above a whisper, "darling about... "

"About what happened with the Air Marshal..."

"Perhaps we should ..."

"Talk about our own situation."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

"Thank you, luv," she said, accepting her book and settling in against the pillows. It was an older volume that detailed some of the events that occurred on Taris before the Mandalorian Wars of a bygone era, but it was a simple pleasure read for her. She needed it after Mandalore and just... the utter irritation that had ensued from that battle. Even if the Sith forces had been held to a stalemate, the worlds would need a long series of repairs and the Mandalorians had proven they didn't really have the backbone for a real fight anymore. She had spent much of her attack on the mines waiting for ysalamiri to die while the enemy stayed in the bubbles. What true Mandalorian cowered behind a small little yellow lizard and didn't meet their enemies regardless of how powerful they are? The book in her hand was indicative of that lost... lust for battle.

"Oh that's nice," Taeli sighed as her wife started massaging her feet. Just a few more months and Nerra would have a little sister, but once again the process of getting there over nine months was annoying. The family just kept on growing it seemed with Lucy's announcement and the quiet visit from Fio's other side of the family. They hadn't discussed it, and neither should they, but Fio had to know that Taeli knew. Her network of spies and agents was extensive after all. The Jedi woman would eventually need to be addressed, but not tonight. Fio clearly had other things on her mind.

It was... unfortunate what happened with Air Marshal Pavanos, not that Taeli expected her death to be permanent. Kaalia was a Sith Master after all and the Netherworld was never too far away to actually perform summonings and necromancy and other such resurrection rituals. But she could see the events had bothered Fio.

"What do you want to discuss about it?" she said, her eyes closed for a moment. She was reaching out with the Force and lightly brushing up against the sleeping presence of Nerralyn. Even asleep, her little girl's presence in the Force responded in kind.

Fiolette Fortan

F
The cackling of the fire, the soft whispers of the wind as it brushed past the windows.

Fio cast a downward glance to the quilt that rested beneath her. She knew from the moment Taeli had revealed herself that her life had gotten that much more complicated. The tip of her tongue swept up to moisturize her upper lip. The Galidraani lost herself in thought, the life she had built with this woman had been something she had longed for. Even if the mistakes of her past haunted her, they were lessons to learn from surely. Fio's gaze drew up along the quilt and met with Taeli's. She studied her wife's eyes and recalled the Triumvirate's words that she would go and fetch her beloved, but then she thought, is this what her beloved would even want? The poor soul did not have a say in such a matter, but then she supposed a woman of the Triumvirate's power would have the means to ask.

"Should the worst come to pass..."

Her voice broke and the ink on her skin began to glow - the intricate connection she and Taeli bore, struck out to remind the non-Force sensitive of its presence. Taeli could feel it she was sure, the anguish that lingered on in her heart. "Do not fetch me from death's grip," Fiolette began, "no - stop."

She was not going to let Taeli interject, and so Fio pulled her hands back.

"I know that you are not accustomed to taking orders, but Taeli Raaf. I swear it, do not pull me back."

"Should I die, then let it be so - and cast your anger on those who have sent me to my grave."

The tears could not be held, they ran down her face and the once clear blue eyes were clouded with emotion. Fiolette swept her hand back to brush loose strands of red hair away from her eyes. "Lay me down with my father's family so that I might have a chance to see them again." She did not look away from Taeli. "You are perhaps the most powerful being on this side of the Galaxy. You are capable of so many great feats..." That I fear you have lost sight of your regard. Fio did not express it but it was felt, she wondered if her wife was human sometimes. If her wife truly felt things, or if she had gone to such lengths to compartmentalize her emotions that she had forgotten how to feel at all. She only gestured to indicate that now Taeli could have her say.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

She remained silent as her wife slowly got out what was on her mind. She could feel and see the emotional maelstrom in Fiolette, both through their bond and because she knew how to read her body language by now. But if Fiolette thought she was just going to be able to make such a demand from her... well the redhead had another thing coming to her. She would not, absolutely would not, let another family go. She had lost far far far far too much of people she loved to ever allow it to happen again.

"You ask too much of me," Taeli muttered quietly once Fio finished. "Do you really think me so strong that I could survive another family of mine being ripped apart? No... no, Fio. I can't make that promise."

As Fio, and her little Nerra, only knew, the mask she kept in place, her calm expression that led some to believe that she was analytically minded, cold-blooded and unfeeling droid, slip away. Tears, half formed, glistened at the edge of her eyes. Color filled her cheeks.

"I'm too weak," she said quietly. "I... I just could never accept it... I've lost too many..."

She held back that scratchy burning feeling in her throat, shoving it down as best she could so she could speak.

"My parents, the man and woman who raised me, dead from a gas explosion. My biological parents, dead before I ever got the chance to meet them. My siblings besides Corvus and Melori, executed by a damn bounty hunter looking for Corvus. Corvus and Melori, missing for years now, probably dead. Without you, without the family we are building, I'm... I'm just an orphan... I'm alone..."

A tear slid down her cheek. She remembered the last time she had received bad news about her family. The Force blast that radiated out from her had shattered the ground for a thousand meters or more... and it had directly led to her wanting to burn down everything that had abandoned her sister to whatever fate that had claimed her and Melori. The Alliance had burned because of their disappearance... what would she do if someone actually killed someone she loved?

"All of my power, all of my accomplishments... and I still have this fear of being alone..." she continued. "So, no... I can't make that promise that I wouldn't try and bring you back... but I can definitely promise that if anyone dares harm you or Nerralyn or the daughter that will soon be born... they will wish it had been Kaine that visited their worlds."

The last part was said with such venom in her voice, her eyes for the briefest moment flashed amber before settling into their normal violet.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fio hung her head eyes closed shut, she took in a breath and exhale with a sigh. Quietly she lifted her gaze and focused on Taeli as she spoke, the loss had formed much of her wife's years. Loss of loved ones - a pain that never truly goes away, but pain that one had to live with. It was then the facade that her wife often carried around others slipped away, and there at that moment, she could see the Taeli she recalled on that fateful night. The very same woman who professed her love some years ago, an orphan, a widow - the latter was something neither one wanted for the other. Fiolette watched the tears as the fell hotly across her wife's face, the fire crackled and popped in the background.

She was drawn back to a memory, a moment over Castameer. "The Sloane's final moments, I had prepared myself for death's embrace and when I woke I was on a stretcher aboard the Concordia." A sad smile formed along her lips, "Natasi refused to give up." In a way, they had her niece to thank for Fiolette even being alive in the here and now. Many had crossed the Admiral off for death the moment the Sloane collided with the enemy ship. Fiolette then drew her attention to her wife's form her gaze wandered along the Lorrdian's body and stopped at the sight of her swollen abdomen. Refocusing her attention on her wife, the Galidraani's somber look moved to meet with Taeli's teary eyes.

Wordlessly, Fiolette moved along the bed to lay beside her wife. She threaded her fingers with Taeli's, "we must all meet with death this is the only promise we are given in life. Even if you bring me back, do you know if it will still be me? Does your colleague know if she will truly get her wife back?"

Silence fell over the pair and for Fiolette she thought on her effects. How the company would be handled, how its assets would be controlled and how her family would be cared for. She gave Taeli's hand a gentle squeeze, "I remember when we buried my grandfather. I was inconsolable, he was one of my closes friends as a child. I remember my father promised that we would see him again. He said that the Great Celestial would see to our reunion, and so when I thought my life was to be extinguished over Castameer. I swear, Taeli I swear on all that I know that I could see him. I saw his face, and then he was gone again."

"You say that I ask too much of you to not try to bring me back. Know that my wish is to not be brought back, as I am uncertain if it will truly be me."

When their gaze met once again, Fio gave Taeli a kiss to the forehead. "You must know that you could never truly be alone."

"I will always live, right here." She pointed toward Taeli's heart, "for while the Galaxy may only see a coldblooded mind, I know better."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom