Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Brewding Appointment

It was the season of war, or at least it seemed like it to the lupine considering recent events. He slipped along the streets, his hands in his pockets, taking a look around as he went. It seemed to him this particular faction was better than most at taking care of its people. The streets were clean, the air too, but the cynical side of his nature wondered where they buried the bones. He had anticipated simply getting accepted and starting to work, but was told a meeting place and the name of the one who was to meet him.

Gerwald Lechner. The flavor of the name was interesting, but finding information on the man? He’d have sooner luck walking naked through a blizzard on Hoth. He had no contacts here and no one he had casually asked would speak. Quite impressive, but it did beg the question of just who was this person. Were they high on the food chain? He supposed he could resort to the Holonet, but instead he just let it be. Honestly, it was nice to be ignorant, it gave his mind something to chew over.

He was used to going into most situations like this prepared. He usually knew who and what he’d face and knew what to say to appeal to the one he met. This time he was walking into territory that was unscouted and he enjoyed the anticipation. The place he was meeting at was some classy little brewery, he paused to look up at it and sighed inwardly. When he walked in it looked spotless, but there was no smell of the brews. He looked along a wall of glass and saw the metallic prisons confining the smells within.

A woman walked up and smiled. “Mister Eris I presume?”
One eyebrow rose and he tilted his head with a smirk. “I guess I am.”
“Mister Lechner will meet you up top, just go up the stairs and it's the first door on the left.”

He shifted to look to where she had pointed and followed instructions. Upstairs was a more private venue, a place for v.i.p’s or for whatever. Meticulously cleaned like the rest and when he walked into the room he leaned against the table. He had no desire to be sitting when the stranger walked in, he assumed they had given the girl the picture he had applied with. Not that the application had required much. What had been interesting was when he’d been asked if he was force sensitive. He’d been asked what ideology he trained under and when he’d told the application droid there had been some confusion. After all, he had trained under none.

He supposed this could be the only hang up, which begged the question, was who he was meeting another follower of the Force? His original teacher had been Jedi, till he’d become disillusioned. He had gone to the Sith and subsequently the ‘dark side’ till even they had left him tasting salt. In the last season of his life he ran into himself and taught him what he’d learned. He’d been a bit crazy by that point, spending his time shaping the landscape around him. Mostly out of extreme paranoia that both sides still hunted him and wanted what he knew. Vanir of course never saw any evidence of it, but learned what he could till the old man passed on.

Now he dabbled here and there with his own projects wandering for his own reasons. Furthering his education, such as it was, on his to-do list though he tended to err on the side of ‘when that moment is right, the Force will decide’ rather than his own choosing. Right now he’d settle for employment. It wasn’t that he was hard up for credits, he had enough to live on for a good year or two. That however would dry up and having a predictable job, insofar as his duties likely would be less than, appealed. He had termed himself as ‘support’ in terms of his force talents. While he could park himself in field triage, he was better supporting a team with his skills and healing their wounds.

He was better roaming and doing what he could for a small party, not spending himself dry on a conveyor belt of wounded. No. There were already healers and medics more suited to that kind of job. An odd position to take to be sure, but he also had a bad habit of ignoring faction lines and healing any injured he came across. In the end it was better he treat only faces he was assigned to, doing otherwise generally pissed other people off. Only reason why it never caused too much problems was because he could be quite persuasive and repentant. He could walk whatever line he chose, wear whatever mask he needed, if it got him to where he chose as his point to be.

Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
WEARING: xxx
TAG: Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

It was an odd appointment to be sure, Gerwald rarely handled these types of meetings in a bar or mead hall, but his schedule was as such it seemed this was the best place. War had also seen the capitol of the Confederacy relocating to Naboo and most of the Knights Obsidian found themselves mobile because of it. From what Gerwald understood there was no plan to rebuild an entire citadel on the forested world. It was a shame because the wolf inside Gerwald much preferred the forest over the desert which was Geonosis.​
Gerwald was casual. Formal attire was something the man rarely wore. There were the times when meetings or festivities called for it, but when given the choice, Gerwald chose to remain comfortable. Suits were restricting. The wolf liked to be free. He was certain the tattered collar would put the man he was about to meet off. From what he could tell from the man's application there was a more refined nature than what Gerwald could boast for himself. Even Exarch Talon had to remind the lupine when his behavior was crossing a line.​
Sandy brown eyes motioned Gerwald to the room upstairs. His guest had arrived, and the beauty behind the bar had let him know. Gerwald was known here. The patrons stopped their drinking when he walked into the room, and looked over their shoulders. Conversations stopped for several seconds before everyone went back to wherever they had left off. The lupine smirked before heading up the stairs. His eyes set on the man he was here to meet.​
"Vanir... I presume?"
His baritone was commanding, but not intimidating. Gerwald had learned a long time ago how to make himself somewhat approachable. He knew his size often made people feel as though they could not, and it was something the wolf lived with and managed. For those who felt they could, Gerwald did his best to reward their effort, and for those who needed the help, Gerwald attempted to make it as easy as possible for them.​
"What are you drinking today? I'll be sure its covered."

Vanir, like the man meeting him, was dressed casually, but still nicely. The kind of clothing that fit the situation he was in, without being too formal. Compared to Gerwald who was as rough around the edges in personality as was reflected in his clothes. Still, he would note the man wasn’t the least bit bothered by his rougher appearance. The Lopara shifted fluidly, offering his hand. “Mister Lechner, I appreciate the time you are taking out of what is likely a busy day to meet with me. I ah… Honestly wouldn’t know what to order. I’m not at all really interested in the clinical wordy brews this place hosts as its drink. Truth be told, I’d rather drink something someone’s grandmother too far back passed down as beverage than the more modern iterations.

The man was respectful and polite, his handshake firm, but again, polite. Before the Lupine was a man that knew how to slip in and give just the right touch to start a meeting. His mask held not a single flaw. “So, water will be fine, if I may?

The man before him wasn’t at all as he had expected, which pleased him immensely. Something about this man set him at ease, perhaps because he too was like himself. Eris of course was eager to know more about this man. How long had it been since they were near someone nearish to their own kind? “Any chance I might know why this face to face was necessary? I am quite curious why I warranted such a gesture.

Mister Lechner... Gerwald nearly shuddered at the formality of the address. The only thing which would have made it worse was if the man had known the proper title which was meant to precede Gerwald's name. The Lord Marshall was happy this one did was not aware. Gerwald would keep it that for as long as he possibly could.​
"Water... I suppose will be fine. Though whether you like it or not, I would suggest you always try the house brew on your first visit. You will win their favor if you do, and there are times that favor can be useful."
The serving droid was notified to bring water, and two to house ale's. Gerwald had visited before, so he knew that it would be good. Whether Vanir wanted it or not, that did not matter. It would be more for the lupine in that case. There was something Gerwald did notice about the man before him upon their greeting.​
His smell.​
Vanir was more than a man. He was another shifter of sorts.​
"No one is accepted into the Knights Obsidian without some form of assessment," Gerwald answered. "You did not think it was going to be as simple as filling out an application did you?"

Grudgingly Vanir didn’t protest about him ordering both the water and one of the house ale. When he mentioned the assessment the Lopara shrugged. “Honestly sir, I just assumed listing myself as support would see me shunted somewhere useful and that was it. I was asked what branch of philosophies I trained under, which was really the only sticking point with the droid. Apparently not having one was an issue, I got the feeling that your branch of government really only had one line of thought. So, I assumed this meeting was going to be to ask for clarifications by some clerk. You don’t strike me as particularly clerkish or a man well suited to endless filing. But, I have been surprised twice today, such going in threes I hear is a charm.

There was far more to Vanir than just being ‘support’. He moved like a hunter, despite the fact he was a healer, so he could fight. Question was, how well? His gaze followed Gerwald’s every movement, watching him with intensity. Reading him. Analyzing him. Looking for and filing away every single scrap that he could get. He had listed himself as a scientist, healer and support personnel. Neutral enough, most places would have simply folded him in and shifted him wherever they needed. No real questions asked. The man had expected to slip in like a ghost, another welcome body to work as a piece in the machine.

Except that this very blandness, might also be suspicious. Most people seemed eager to prove themselves, but not this one. Meeting someone like Gerwald would normally mean that they were awed perhaps? Again, not this one. The Lopara was not a sheep, he was a predator ill clad in the guise of one and knew just how to spin it so that he could come in and then disappear. And, for all he had said he was force sensitive? Not a single shred of his presence drifted on the wind.

He was a man used to keeping secrets, a man that could easily be taken as a threat by anyone that had a suspicious mind for he just seemed harmless. And yet… Vanir Eris was certainly not.

Gerwald smirked as his head bounced slightly. A quick breath escaped his nostrils that resembled something like a chuckle. This one seemed nervous to a degree, or at least confused. The wolf took a healthy gulp of the ale when the glass arrived. There was nothing more to really say at the moment about the finer points of keeping the owners of the Ale House happy.​
"It can be confusing, I am aware. The Confederacy is neutral. If you want to practice the dark side, then do so. If you wish the magicks of witches then pursue that. We even have those among us which follow a light sided philosophy. It was something of a surprise to me considering what I have seen first hand from those among the Knights Obsidian. If you want to be support, then be that."
The lupine took another drink of the ale before placing the mug on the table.​
"It was likely a malfunction in the droid's programing... but nothing we cannot clear up. Let's start with why you want to be support," Gerwald asked as he tapped his nose. "I can smell that you are something more.

Vanir listened, it pleased him greatly that he was not going to be forced to one particular path. He had vaguely heard of the Witches, so they had a Coven here? It might be interesting later to see if he could observe. When he mentioned his scent and wanting to know why he was support, he took a drink of the ale to think. The house brew wasn’t bad, but it didn’t compare to the mead of his clan. He sat back slinging an arm over the back of the booth. “I am not a face to face fighter. I am better paired with someone who is. I can also serve as a healer, but I have never served in the field. I have always been assigned to a unit instead of the meat conveyor that is triage work. As for what I am? I just know that I take after my mother, whoever she was.” He took another drink, but his attention was still on the man across from him. “Are you the only shape changer in this organization aside from myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom