Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Breaking Chains on Ryloth

qolzfbg.png

As always, Gatz was finding new ways to tweak Kragan Garr's nose.

Considering how close Lok—where Kragan ran most of his operations from—was to Ryloth, Gatz shouldn't have been surprised to catch wind of a slaving operation there. Really, considering Ryloth and the Twi'lek's unfortunate history of being taken advantage of, he shouldn't have been surprised at all. The Twi'lek people had suffered enough at the hands of slavers, but Kragan wouldn't care about that. If anything, he probably assumed that meant it would be easy to enslave them.

He was right, and that pissed Gatz off more than he was willing to admit.

Gatz dropped The Red Night out of hyperspace, her hull shuddering and creaking from the rapid deacceleration. The brown and white planet that was Ryloth filled the view outside the cockpit, and the young pilot took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the world. Ryloth, like its people, was enduring. Few worlds had suffered the way it had, and somehow still continued to thrive despite all odds. It would feel good, Gatz knew, to help rid Ryloth of slaver scum like Kragan's goons.

"We're making planetfall now," Gatz keyed the intercom, broadcasting to his passenger, wherever she was on the ship, "get your gear ready, we'll head out as soon as we touch down."

An old colleague had tipped Gatz off to a slaving operation on the equator of the planet. It was a small compound, housing no more than fifty or sixty slaves, and apparently wasn't guarded very well. Kragan, in an attempt to expand his slaving empire, was stretching his forces thin. That was fine: it meant that he and Hilal would have a much easier time freeing those poor slaves.

Tags: Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current Outfit

As soon as she and Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar landed, Hilal sat near the small bar located near the Ryloth Spaceport, DVA stood on the counter his radar eyes glowing light blue. He was in the process of scanning the schematics that Hilal uploaded inside of him. Recently, Hilal was given work from the Rimward Trade Legion to take out a Slaver who was rumored to be housing around 60 slaves on Ryloth. The poor Twleaks have always been ripe for kidnapping for thousands of years by slavers. Thankfully the Rimward Trade were actually doing something about it. Her partner: Gatz was more of that roguish Smuggler type. He didn't say it, but Hilal could tell given how she worked with many Smugglers as a Bounty Hunter.

"First we need to find where those slaves are," Hilal said. "DVA is uploading possible locations we can't just rush in guns blazing without knowing what kind of security he has. Ryloth to these slavers is like a Coxaium mine for Hyperdrive companies. So it won't take too long to find them."

qolzfbg.png

"Have your droid jack in to the console up here, and upload his potential coordinates. I'll have Arfour calculate a flightpath for them."

The astromech in question, and old battered R4 unit, rolled away from the console's droid port to allow Hilal's much smaller droid access. Meanwhile, Gatz kept a steady course, slowly breaking atmosphere while he waited for DVA to upload those potential coordinates. It was a simple thing, to skip a ship across the atmosphere of a planet, and he could have done it half asleep. But he figured his guest wouldn't feel very comfortable with a drowsy pilot, so he kept his full focus on the rapidly approaching planet.

"I've broken a few of these operations before," Gatz explained, "I've been making it a habit to dismantle Kragan's slaving camps. He'll have a few guards stationed there, but nothing to write home about. He's been rapidly expanding, and it's stretching his resources thin. I wouldn't expect the garrison to hold more than ten or twelve men."

That was a mistake that was going to cost Kragan. And Gatz was grateful for that: if the old slaver had been better at managing his criminal empire, the former smuggler would have had a much harder time destroying all these slaving rings.

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current Outfit

"Got it," Hilal said staring at Gatz based on the look of him something told Hilal that there was a personal stake than just liberating slaves. Maybe he's hoping that he'll find a lost lover? Many people who ran anti slaving raids often had loved ones who were taken away.

DVA went active again beeping at Hilal that he found 3 possible locations. "Jack into the console there," Hilal ordered. "That way Gatz can upload the info to his Droid."

DVA gave an obedient beep and placed his jack into the outlet. "Okay....." Hilal saw DVA begin to project possible coordinates. "There are three possible areas. One on the mountain tops a few miles from here, and the other two are in the cities."

Hilal stared at Gatz frowning. "Where do you wanna go first?" She asked. "I suggest have your droid survey the Mountains while we enter the city nearby and start searching."

Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

qolzfbg.png

Two sites in the city, and a site on the mountain? Gatz's instincts told him one of the spots in the city would be the right pick. It would be a lot easier to nab people, and to get ships in and out of the area there. The mountain was just so isolated for an operation like this. It wasn't close enough to amenities, or the city to be a practical spot.

And yet, when Gatz reached out with his feelings, the mountain felt like the right spot.

"I don't want to be too far away from the ship, and I don't trust Arfour to fly without me."

<I've been flying longer than your grandfather has been alive!> The droid chimed in.

"My grandfather is dead, and so my point stands," Gatz turned back to Hilal, "let's do a flyby of the mountain first. Something about that spot just feels right to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom