Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Break the Silence

REGNUM, CAPITAL OF THE ASCENDANCY

The sun began to retreat beyond the horizon.

Above the city called Regnum, the waning light of day painted the tapestry of the heavens. Vibrant colors formed a fond farewell to time and efforts well spent. Magenta and Gold blended together harmoniously as the cooling breeze of night began to blow. At long last, the denizens of the city could set aside their toils and rest. Some would choose to make merry at the local watering holes. Others would choose quality time with spouses and children. As for the one who ruled over it all, solitude was his selection.

The day had been spent entertaining a number of important visitors. Namely, his Consuls from throughout the empire's borders. A gathering had been called to discuss the future. Today, the Dominus laid out his vision for the morrow: of unifying the whole of the Expanse under their banner. To do so would require planning, effort, and sacrifice from them all. An increase to their productive and recruitment efforts specifically. The vision had been a source of some debate among his Consuls, who each ruled a world in His name. But, together, they charted a course to bring his vision to fruition.

Now, with the throne room finally empty, the Sith reclined upon his seat. In his dominant hand rested a goblet, filled halfway with a fresh serving of wine. His offhand gripped the arm of his chair slightly whilst his head rested comfortably. A pent up sigh escaped him - and Darth Metus allowed himself a moment to relax.

To enjoy the silence.

i2gWMf4.png

Testerr.png

Part of me couldnt help but feel off about this whole mission, but I knew if I could pull it off, It would mean setting me up for life. To kill a despot was probably one of the biggest contracts I had taken, and as much as I was nervous, I was able to shake that off with the overwhelming need to succeed. The one thing I could credit to my upbringing was my ability to go unnoticed, to mask my murderous intent. With it, I slipped into the palace and waited.

I waited until the man was all alone sticking to the blindspots in the throne room, and once within my vantage spot, I saw him for the first time. I couldn't explain the feeling that washed over me upon looking at the target. A wave of seething hate engulfed me, and I felt my mother's hand caress my shoulder, her wicked whisper in my ear.
That's him, that's the man who abandoned us to feed his ego and thirst for power. her words echoing in my ears.

I couldn't believe it, this man sitting below me was the man responsible for giving me life, and here he was living in the lap of luxury while I had to toil and suffer, bequeath my innocence just to survive. I was finding more and more reasons to kill him because as far as I was concerned, I had no father. This man was just another contract for me to complete.

Do you know what you must do my little shadow? I nodded, unsheathing my blade and readying myself for what came next. KILL HIM! KILL HIM! as if signaling for me to begin, I lept from directly above him, my blade poised to embed itself straight down into the man's skull.

Testerr.png

THRONE ROOM, REGNUM

Hatred burns brightly.

For just a brief moment, there was quiet - and the Dominus nearly made the mistake of lowering his guard. Yet the shadows...they were loud. The Darkness was usually an ally. A cool, gentle place in contrast to Verun's wicked heat. But, in this moment, they seethed against the sable-skinned man. The Dark Side brimmed within the throne room - but He was not the source. No...it appeared as though Darth Metus was not alone. And whomever it was lurking in the black had murderous intent.

Aware, he felt their movements in the black. But he did not move from his seat. As if he were unaware, his dominant hand moved to raise the goblet to his lips. But it was his offhand that betrayed his knowledge. His index finger raised slightly from the arm of the chair - a simple, modest motion.

Yet, it carried the power of a tempest.

A wall of telekinetic fury hurtled in the direction of the shadow, matching the thrust of the knife. The Force shrieked with such might that it could easily fling a grown man across a room - which was the Sith's intent. Darth Metus lowered the goblet, pausing only to trace his tongue over a stray drop that lingered upon his lips.

"This dance is getting old." he began, tone unamused. "Before I kill you, who sent you into the meat grinder? Bando Gora? Khanate?"

"I'd like to know who to thank for the exercise."

i2gWMf4.png

Testerr.png

I couldnt believe it, my brain still trying to process what exactly just happened. One minute I'm about to kill my unsuspecting target the next I'm being tossed across the room like some ragdoll. Shaking my head I got to my feet, my body and head still ringing with pain as he spoke, asking who sent me. As if I would ever reveal my client, not that I could anyway, the contract was sent anonymously, and half of the money for his head was deposited into an account in my name.

The more I thought about the more it wasn't making sense, the creeping feeling of me being set up crawling up my spine. Standing there, looking at the man he didn't even seem all too bothered by this as if this was a normal thing for him. The more I looked at him the more I could feel my mother's unbridled rage boil and rise within me, and the more I could feel my own rage and disdain rise.

I had one more blade on me, pulling it from my jacket, and glared right into him. KILL HIM, MY CHILD!!! she hissed, lashing out at him. Zem Alle, my mother, sends her regards from hell! I hissed, running right at him, tapping into the energy I discovered the day I killed my mother. I used that energy to launch myself at him. There was a determination to drive my blade through his heart, to rip it out and feast on it while he spent his last moments watching me.

For the first time in a long time, I found tears flowing from my eyes, a sensation so foreign and unknown to me as I came to clear the distance between us. I was so close I could taste it, I could taste his blood on my lips as I killed him. Right now it's all I wanted, to see him die and all these unwanted feelings to die with him.

Testerr.png

The Sith Lord flexed his fingers.

His offhand raised from the arm of the throne, stretching forth as the assailant tumbled before him. For but a moment, Darth Metus thought of sparing the assassin. Not out of the kindness of his heart, no. But rather, as a new source of experimentation. It had been quite some time since he had a living, force sensitive subject. Perhaps he could further push the Darkness to its apex, using the one before him as a catalyst. Ah, but that would require more effort than he was willing to expend this night. Plus the logistics of keeping him alive after this? Heavens no. It was far easier to kill the man and to continue his path as usual.

Thus, power crackled between his outstretched fingers. Electricity made manifest through will and fury alone. Darth Metus watched. Waited. For the man to rise to his feet once more. He fully intended to strike him down with finality the second he staggered off the floor. But...there was something he said that gave the Dominus pause. Something which spared the man's life - if even for the moment - and caused a scowl to claim the Sith's features.

"That is so like her." he seethed.

The man moved, empowered by the Force. Launched himself towards the throne with another blade outstretched. Yet the Sith was ready. Though he missed his opportunity to smite him where he stood, Darth Metus unleashed a maelstrom of lightning into the rushing man's path. The lightning had enough power to blow the man back from the throne, but also to shock and maim. Darth Metus did not go for lethality just yet, for the man's words had struck a nerve.

"So your dearly departed mother sent you to settle an old lover's quarrel? Sent you to join her? What a waste."

Darth Metus flexed his fingers once more, clearly frustrated at the mention of her name.

"Because it'd spite her knowing I live, I'll give you one opportunity to keep your life. Hell, I'll even match the credits you're being paid out of the kindness of my heart. Leave. And don't get in the middle of affairs you know nothing about."

i2gWMf4.png

Testerr.png
My body was wracked with pain as the lightning flung me away from my prey once again. I struggled to get on my feet, my body spasming from the electrical current still running its course through me. Every word that left his lips seemed to fuel my rage even more. Lifting my body off the ground, I couldn't help but laugh at his words. Is that the best you have? Your lightning pales in comparison to the horrors and tortures of growing up as I had. I spat, my mother's visage materializing before me, lifting my head up to look her in her eyes.

Remember what I taught you, my child, remember your training. She soothed, her eyes vibrant and glowing brimming with hate and power. Closing my eyes I began to whisper. My body lifted itself up until I was standing on my feet. My horns soon became visible, and when my eyes opened, they were no longer brown, but a fluorescent amethyst, a fire of hatred burning behind them. I remembered the ritual of strengthening my body, enhancing myself to take on more capable targets in combat, this was another of those situations that called for me to rely on that accursed magick.

What you and her has nothing to do with me. As far as I am concerned you are just another mark for me to kill. So you can keep your fucking money, I only want one thing. I hissed, extending my hand out, using that unseen energy to recall my blades. Brandishing both blades I got into a fighting stance . I knew this could very well be my last fight, as he didn't even seem to be moved that I was his son, the murderous intent in his gaze. That was fine though, as I was intent on killing him too, I didn't really have much else to live for except to kill.

Letting out a breath, I flung myself forward, darting from left to right in order to avoid any more of the lightning he would possibly throw at me. I felt faster, stronger, and more focused using the magick of my mother's people and used the adrenaline rocketing through my veins to push me further.

Testerr.png

REGNUM, VERUN

The Force was alive between them.

The fury emanating from the assailant's body as lightning coursed through his veins stained the air. Darkness seeped into the air - thickening it. A lesser being might not have taken note, but the Dominus' eyes narrowed. His instincts demanded putting an end to this now - even though this one was the offspring of a time long passed. But the Force, ah the Force, it whispered in the Sith's head. Made him recall the final, furious moments from all those years ago. The flickering of time before his mind's eye encouraged him to remember a truth which caused his teeth to clench together.

She kept him.

She lied.

"That is the fate I tried to save you from." His words were tinged with the fury of years gone by. Of deception which lasted a lifetime. With the realization weighing heavily upon his shoulders, the Sith Lord couldn't erase assailant off the face of the world. No. No matter how much instinct demanded it. No matter how much his boiling blood hungered for battle. He wouldn't lift a finger against his own; even if the latter had come for his life. "She told me you were dead. I saw your body with my own eyes."

The assailant was too far gone. Darth Metus recognized the ways of Dathomir when he saw it. He felt the dark tug of spirits flowing into the young warrior. Witnessed as his dual heritage manifested upon his features. Strength roared through his being, causing Darth Metus to clench his teeth all the more.

"Even you don't believe that. You're furious with me. You want revenge."

The Sith reached for his waist and gripped his lightsaber. The bloodshine blade burned into being at the push of a button. "This doesn't have to end in death. Hear me." Darth Metus attempted to get through to the assailant, all the while marking his sudden movements. He darted left and right before attempting to assault him with dual blades. The Sith defended himself, empowering his own reflexes to keep pace with his adversary.​

i2gWMf4.png

Testerr.png

He was keeping up with me just as I expected him to, throwing every move I knew at him. His weapon gave me pause for a split second, my heart skipping a beat upon seeing the blood red light of the weapon. It didn't matter I would do what I had to end this. He was holding back, it was becoming clear to me that he was not fighting at his full power, but why. The harder i fought him, the more he seemed to pull back, to pull his punches. And in realizing this, my mother hissed in my ear.

You are his greatest weakness, he can not kill you for you are of his own blood. Use that, and kill him! She wasn't wrong there, as this man even admitted he didn't want to hurt me, but that only made this much easier. I continued to press my attack, using both of my blades to my advantage to find an opening and deliver the final blow. I had to admit however this guy was good, matching me move for move and keeping up with my enhanced state.

His words meant nothing to me as I attacked, allowing the Dathomir magick to circulate through me, to empower me in my fight. The visage of my mother was emblazed in amethyst fire, the same as my eyes were as I thrashed at him, pushing my body to its limits, using that unseen energy to propel myself in and out of his attack range.

His last comment however stopped me in my tracks, forcing me to back off from my assault on him. My body was heavy, my eyes now seeing the damage I was doing to it as blood dripped from lacerations. I then began to laugh as he mentioned he didn't want to kill me, he didn't want this to end in bloodshed. He believed I was doing this out of a need for revenge.
For someone so powerful you are quite the fool. I spat, cracking my neck as I prepared for my next run.

You think I'm doing this for money or revenge? No you misunderstand my intentions. Tears soon filled my eyes before spilling over and falling down my face, softening the angry expression on my features. This is for my freedom from her. Even in death she still haunts me, I thought i'd be rid of her after I killed her but she still lingers. She haunts my soul and even now she compells my thoughts, my actions to kill you. I don't need you die because i hate you, I need you to die so that I can finally silence her forever.

With those words I propelled myself forward with the unseen energy, putting everything I could into my attacks, trying to switch up my pattern.

Testerr.png

REGNUM, VERUN

The assailant was no pushover.

With every strike and pursuit, the Sith Lord was reminded of his time on Dathomir. The warrior before him fought like a ferocious Nightbrother. His blades moved with ferocity, but also discipline. Every strike was placed deliberately - and were this any other battle, Darth Metus would have lauded the man's skill before ending him. But in this, there was nothing but frustration. Nothing but restraint. Darth Metus was never the sort to play defensively, but as they battled across the throne room, he gave ground and raised defense.

It was either that or maim his offspring unnecessarily.

But as the Sith spoke, the assailant gave pause. He cracked his neck first and spat, as angry tears rolled down his face. He was not doing this for money, or revenge, or for anything mundane. No. He was doing this for peace of mind. For there to finally be silence in his head. "Killing me won't free you of her, you know this." he said calmly. "Think. You know she will linger. Know she will demand that you keep on killing. That's what she always wanted - legacy. That's what she wanted to turn me into, but that curse fell to you."

"But look at you. Look at the power you wield. That is yours. You are strong - use that power. You can free yourself."

But, the time for words ended just as quickly as it began. The assailant began his assault once more and Darth Metus readied his defense. On and on the battle continued to rage.​

i2gWMf4.png

Testerr.png

I knew his words were true but I couldn't fight her control. she was too strong for me at the time. I could feel her tugging harder onto my soul, forcing me to fight on, but I knew if there was even a sliver of truth in his words I had to at least try. Backing away from him I focused on trying to expunge her from my soul, a task that proved to be difficult as she resisted.

HE LIES!!!! HE FEARS OUR POWER TOGETHER AND KNOWS HE CAN NOT DEFEAT YOU AS LONG AS I REMAIN!!! DO NOT HEED HIS WORDS FOR THEY ARE FALSE!!! she wailed, her will clashing against my own. But I wanted to be free from her. I could feel the overwhelming force of her consciousness trying to overwhelm mine, but I had killed her once before, I could do it again.

The sound of metal clanging against the throne room floor echoed as I was enraptured by the power, but fighting my own battle with my mother internally. The mindscape I was pulled into was a beautiful field of amethyst flowers, our blades sparking against one another as we fought for control. The sky above us had become dark with storm clouds, thunder and lightning rolling across them.

For every blow landed lightning struck the field of amethyst flowers, fire sparking to life around us. She was fierce, countering every move I made with finesse. I was starting to see that she was indeed formidable. I was no longer privy to what was happening in the throne room. My body was floating amidst a torrent of force and dark magic. I was certain this influx of power had alerted the guards, the sounds of footsteps marching toward the throne room increasing.

Testerr.png

PALACE, REGNUM

Turmoil.

The Sith Lord did not need to walk within the assailant's mind to know he struggled. The battle raging within was written all over his face and bled into every blow he attempted. As their weapons clashed, the contest began to push out of the throne room. The raw power of father against son rattled the floors and singed the ceilings, alerting the guards and residents of the Palace alike. Yet, interference would only complicate matters. Thus, Darth Metus spared a thought - a telepathic command to the captain of the guards. We're heading eastward, keep everyone in their rooms and do not interfere.

With his command silently uttered, his focus was once more placed upon his flesh and blood. Physically, the young assailant fought - most likely by instinct at this point. For his mind was clearly placed upon the internal struggle. Thus, the Sith spoke. And each syllable which fell from his lips radiated power. It was not often that one would intentionally empower their enemy - but for this plight, Darth Metus would do so.

Tydrin would find new strength as he attempted to remove his mother's influence. Darkness that was not his own, but loaned from the sire he never knew. And as the river of might flowed between them, the Sith roared over their physical battle. Roared over the thunder and lightning which crackled above the field of flowers. "You can do this. You deserve to be free, you deserve to choose. This is your life - take it."[/indent]

i2gWMf4.png

Testerr.png

I could hear his words as they echoed into the mindscape, I could feel the invigoration that was carried with them. He was actually trying to help me overcome her. I could see that she was becoming more and more enraged with his interference, and she was pulling out all the stops in order to overcome me. I could feel her grasp as if it was gripping my heart as we fought, feeling the desperation in her strikes as we continued to dance with our blades.

He's right, you have to let me go, my life is no longer yours to live through. NOW LET ME GO!!! I demanded, using that newfound strength to contend with her. We were evenly matched so it would all come down to who could land the deciding blow. The one thing that I had as an advantage was that this was my mindscape and even though she held part of my soul, she didn't hold my mind.

I have lived under your influence for far too long mother, and he's right, this is my life, not yours. I refuse to allow you to continue to torcher my soul hanging on to a grudge you have no control over anymore. I spoke, glaring at her as she lashed out at me, her form twisting and morphing into something inhuman. I wasn't about to allow her to gain any more ground and decided to put an end to this.

The ground beneath her began to swallow her up to her waist, immobilizing her. She thrashed and thrashed about, cursing me as his spawn, cursing ever giving birth to me. I could only look at her now with pity, as she truly was holding on to a grudge against the man I came to kill and a forgotten legacy she was never able to fulfill.

With both blades in my hands, and ran them through her form, her wail of death filling my ears. I watched as her visage began to disintegrate into dust, carried away on the wind of the endless expanse of amethyst. As I felt the last vestiges of her influence vanishing, the storm clouds that engulfed the mindscape had vanished into a clear night sky, bringing me back to the present. I collapsed to my knees as the dark magic dispersed from around me.

With pained eyes, I looked at the man I had been sent to kill. Though tears had been forming behind them, my eyes glared into the man who never gave me a thought.
I guess this means you kill me for an attempt at your life?.

Testerr.png

Release.

Though the Sith Lord did not have a clear view into the assailant's mind, he could feel the change wash over the young man. The second that the demon of his past was laid to rest, the looming cloud of shadow lifted. In the material world, this manifested as the assailant's form descending before Darth Metus. The Darkness slowly disappated - the air of animosity evaporating as tears fell down the young man's face.

And for but a moment, the Sith heaved a sigh of relief.

I guess this means you kill me for an attempt at your life? The question was posed along with an angry glare. And this time, the animosity was not the work of a departed spirit. No. This was an animosity that Darth Metus was all too familiar with. He had walked this road before with the young man's siblings. Tasted of the anger of children who wanted their father in their life, but he was nowhere to be found. This was his sin to bear - and as such, he would carry that cross.

Thus, the Sith lowered himself to one knee - meeting the man's gaze.

"It was I who sinned against you first." he began. "I did not know you were born...if I had, things would have been much different. But I cannot change what shaped you into the man you are today."

"You are blood of my blood. Bone of my bone. And though I have no right, I must ask that you give me a chance. If you do, I will spend the rest of my days atoning for the sin I committed against you. I will do my absolute best to make up for every moment we lost."

His dominant hand was extended to the young man.

"I understand if you choose to decline. And if you do, know that you can go in peace. Your life is in no danger from me and mine...but, I would like nothing more for you to stay."

i2gWMf4.png

Testerr.png

I had to admit, I was still exhausted from both my physical and mental battle, but it was all over now, and hearing his response allowed a wave of relief to wash over me. I didn't say much for a moment, as I needed a minute to gather my wits. Was he truly offering me a chance to stay to get to know him? More importantly, what would my role be? Looking around the empty throne room it never dawned on me till now that this man was a tyrant.

My glare never strayed too far as I took a step to look out at the city below the palace. Would me staying mean I would become a tyrant like you? It's not like I don't have blood on my hands so I would be off to a good start in that regard. I chuckled as I looked back over my shoulder at him, then to my hands. He was powerful, and he wielded that unseen force just like I could, and I whipped around to look at him. This power, can you teach me how to use it. I never truly knew what it was and my mother never explained what it was to me. You seem to be able to use it effortlessly and I want to be able to do that too.

I was now flooded with so many ideas, being able to use that power like him, and maybe one day being as skilled as he was. I looked at him realizing my excitement and did my best to stifle myself. I could sense the level of power he exuded, knowing full well it wasn't even the full breadth of his true strength. I wanted that. Walking back over to the opening of the throne room, I sat down looking at the view once more.

I'll stay, but I don't know what I can offer to you in return. You are my father so it's not like I can offer my body, and all I'm good at is killing, it's all I was trained for. But I promise I won't be a burden. I feel stupid even saying it, but I really want to get to know my father, get to know the man whose blood I share.

Testerr.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom