Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brainstorming - A Holo Network Faction - Opinions Wanted

Hello everybody! I've been toying with the idea of creating some type of holo faction. This would be a great place for me to organize the many interview requests I get for Holly and HNN, but I think it could also be a larger network that could include holo stars, weather, etc. Think of it like a cable network like ABC. They have news, cartoons, shows, games, streaming etc. It would be something like that.

The issue is the holo net is basically the internet of star wars... so I know there is a TON of information already existing on the board and I don't want to step on any toes. I know we have a lot of communications companies and I'm sure each faction has it's own holo activities too.

So in the interest of that I wanted to reach out and get some ideas and help planning this faction undertaking. This would be a minor faction, obviously a network has no real need to control map space.

I would love your opinions on these questions:

1. Should I call this simply "The Holo Net" Or do you think I should make it a custom network so that it doesn't automatically include ALL holo activities. So instead of it being "cable" it's "ABC"

2. If you have a suggestion for faction names I'm open to hear them.

3. I will put HNN on this network since I've done so much with Holly and HNN, but I really think opening this up to be a larger media faction would be helpful to people who did not want to be news people but might want to be holo stars or advertisers etc. Do you have any thoughts on this?

4. Do you have any concerns? Do you have a company whose toes you don't want stepped on? etc etc

Hello everybody! I've been toying with the idea of creating some type of holo faction. This would be a great place for me to organize the many interview requests I get for Holly and HNN, but I think it could also be a larger network that could include holo stars, weather, etc. Think of it like a cable network like ABC. They have news, cartoons, shows, games, streaming etc. It would be something like that.

The issue is the holo net is basically the internet of star wars... so I know there is a TON of information already existing on the board and I don't want to step on any toes. I know we have a lot of communications companies and I'm sure each faction has it's own holo activities too.

So in the interest of that I wanted to reach out and get some ideas and help planning this faction undertaking. This would be a minor faction, obviously a network has no real need to control map space.

I would love your opinions on these questions:

1. Should I call this simply "The Holo Net" Or do you think I should make it a custom network so that it doesn't automatically include ALL holo activities. So instead of it being "cable" it's "ABC"

2. If you have a suggestion for faction names I'm open to hear them.

3. I will put HNN on this network since I've done so much with Holly and HNN, but I really think opening this up to be a larger media faction would be helpful to people who did not want to be news people but might want to be holo stars or advertisers etc. Do you have any thoughts on this?

4. Do you have any concerns? Do you have a company whose toes you don't want stepped on? etc etc

1. Holo Net is surprisingly unique and could work. Beyond that, it's your brainchild, and you call it what you want.

2. Not that smart (That's not the name, that's the reason I'm not giving you a suggestion for the name.

3. I think you already answered this with your bit about a news agency not needing to hold map space. That being said, you could always align them to a specific (and already long standing) faction, and that way they'll simply be a minor faction within a major (If that's allowed)

4. I can't think of one person, or entity on site that would be childish enough to complain about you doing something like that. It's a really good idea and would probably open you (and other interested parties) up to more threads, and story arcs. Media is a powerful tool for propaganda Afterall, even if its unintentional.

1. Holo Net is surprisingly unique and could work. Beyond that, it's your brainchild, and you call it what you want.

2. Not that smart (That's not the name, that's the reason I'm not giving you a suggestion for the name.

3. I think you already answered this with your bit about a news agency not needing to hold map space. That being said, you could always align them to a specific (and already long standing) faction, and that way they'll simply be a minor faction within a major (If that's allowed)

4. I can't think of one person, or entity on site that would be childish enough to complain about you doing something like that. It's a really good idea and would probably open you (and other interested parties) up to more threads, and story arcs. Media is a powerful tool for propaganda Afterall, even if its unintentional.

Thank you for the advice! I was just worried since The HoloNet is cannon in Star Wars. But We have other "cannon" factions like The New Jedi Order so maybe it would work ...

Thank you for the advice! I was just worried since The HoloNet is cannon in Star Wars. But We have other "cannon" factions like The New Jedi Order so maybe it would work ...
If I'm correct, the Canon barring only counts for main characters from the OG story. I mean for example, we've had a CIS... An NIO.. Those are both Canon, but revamped for Chaos. And yeah, the NJO would be a great option considering a lot of the political RP I see on site comes from that camp.

If I'm correct, the Canon barring only counts for main characters from the OG story. I mean for example, we've had a CIS... An NIO.. Those are both Canon, but revamped for Chaos. And yeah, the NJO would be a great option considering a lot of the political RP I see on site comes from that camp.

I suppose I could leave this up for a bit and if nobody objects I could just go with The HoloNet as a faction name... or The Holo Network...

I'll be very honest... I have not seen ANYONE else doing what you do on site. And if there is anyone doing it, I apologize in advance, but I hardly think you would be stepping on any toes.
Or I could go with HNN - Holo News Network.... I think CNN (Cable News Network) has programming that isn't all news... and people do associate Holly with HNN so it shouldn't (hopefully) be upsetting anybody

I'll be very honest... I have not seen ANYONE else doing what you do on site. And if there is anyone doing it, I apologize in advance, but I hardly think you would be stepping on any toes.

I know there are a few communication companies and I've seen factions release holo news briefings or things in the articles but I don't think there is anybody doing it IC on a scale like I am. We have one other reporter character that was created to interact with Holly but I've not seen others

I love the idea of having a place for entertainment based characters to all come together. I have a singer who would probably join up to network, add to her resume. Also I have been toying with creating a political advocate of sorts for non-humans. Originally I thought of them in the sense of a politician who doesn't hold a real office, but I've merged that idea for them to be more of a media pundit, would be great for them to have a network as a platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom