Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Borders and Bonds: The Lothal Negotiations

wb1.png
Tags: Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen || Amiggie Lutih Amiggie Lutih || The Fynch The Fynch || @Open to Fellowship Faction Members interested in joining.

Tirin stood in the convention hall, his gaze sweeping over the venue with a sense of quiet satisfaction. The room's atmosphere was just as he had envisioned – a perfect blend of elegance and functionality. He had meticulously overseen every detail, from the subtle lighting that cast a warm, inviting glow over the hall to the carefully curated menu for the evening, ensuring that the culinary choices would cater to the diverse tastes of his guests. As he adjusted the place tags he had prepared, his mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and expectations.

Despite his outward appearance of tranquility, a simmering undercurrent of anxiety bubbled within him. The response of the Empire of the Lost to his summons was a wild card in the intricate game of galactic diplomacy he was about to play. Yet, everything in the room was arranged flawlessly; there was not a single element out of place. Not a thing he could find complaint about. He glanced briefly at his note cards, mentally rehearsing the crucial points he needed to address.

Amidst these preparations, Commander Solarus Fynch of the Lothal Protectorate entered the hall. Tirin's eyes met his, and he approached the commander with a composed stride, long violet robes billowing in his wake.

"Commander Fynch," he began, extending a hand in gratitude. "Your assistance in arranging this summit has been invaluable. The Protectorate's support in these matters demonstrates a favorable commitment to peace and stability for this world."

Tirin's demeanor remained calm, but his voice carried an undercurrent of serious concern as he continued.

"I must express my growing unease regarding the Empire of the Lost. Their advancements towards Lothal's space are troubling. I fear their intentions may not align with our shared vision of safeguarding this region, especially the areas rich with the Force. Tonight we will have the opportunity to hear them speak of their own volition and cause and settle rumors and concerns with the truth. I am hoping that tonight we may find a peaceful resolution to what's on the horizon. This summit is more than a diplomatic formality," he said earnestly. "It's a crucial step in uniting our efforts against any threats to Lothal and preserving the heritage and traditions that are vital to us. Your presence here strengthens our cause. "

inner.png

"I understand the stakes well enough, Master Jedi," Fynch assured. "The Empire has been at my doorstep once before, back in the Great Hyperspace War. I hope for an outcome that leaves us with our autonamy, but the last time their kind set up shop to extract our resources they didn't care much for our consent."

It was only by the action of the Galactic Alliance that the New Imperial Order had been driven from Lothal, a path that would set him on the road to meeting Valery Noble Valery Noble back in the days of the war. The GA always offered their friendship, but they were a distant ally. The slack had to fall on his people, and his people were not eager to become Imperial subjects. Neither was he. If peace was not an outcome that could be settled upon, one where Lothal was left alone to continue their isolationism, the Commander in Chief could only forsee one outcome: War.

His people would not go silently into the night. For the sake of millions of lives, Fynch hoped that this was not the fate that awaited his world.

"I only hope that such a discussion is not in vein."

Imperial Moff of the Calamari Sector

untitled-1-png.png

Outfit: Dress “Uniform”
Equipment: See Bio
Entourage: Four Imperial Death Troopers each equipped w/IG-15 Heavy Blaster Rifle
Tags: Tirin Raene Tirin Raene | The Fynch The Fynch | Nimian Totan Nimian Totan | Amiggie Lutih Amiggie Lutih | OPEN

B2GBEdQdrIqFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

After her group’s actions on Dac, Teckla had started to get noticed amongst the upper echelon of the Empire of the Lost. She didn’t expect to have any real political clout until she successfully took control of Pakuuni, her home planet. Those plans were still in the works, so it was quite surprising to receive a request from the Moff’s Council to attend some negotiations around the planet Lothal. Teckla could not afford to turn down another opportunity to impress the brass, otherwise she would have declared Lothal beneath her.

When she learned that there would be Jedi at the core of the negotiation however, Teckla started to take it much more seriously. Though Teckla considered a path from the recently controlled Dac to Zygerria a more important area for the Empire to conquer, the presence of Jedi in the border systems was not something that could be ignored. Pushing Jedi interest away from the planet would be impossible. There was so much history of their Order. But there was Imperial history present as well. What passed for local government, the Lothal Protectorate, has seemed more interested in self-governance. It has been a mixed bag of results but no one could expect Lothal to suddenly become Lianna on its own. It would need help.

Teckla’s question is how much help would it take? Could she give enough for the Protectorate to prefer Imperial citizenship to independence protected by Jedi? And what was the Jedi’s goal here? Teckla had not heard of any highly-ranked Council member participating in the negotiations, did this mean that it was not truly that important? Did it mean that these Jedi didn’t even have the backing of the New Jedi Order? The possibilities were expansive and that made Teckla quite nervous. She was a military mind. Teckla didn’t like the unknown. This might not be a battle, but it was something important to her standing in the hierarchy of the Empire going forward. If she was to become Empress someday this might be the beginning of that ascent.

At the entrance to the convention hall, Teckla waved for her quartet of guards to remain outside. She had been sure to create a Force link to them as they arrived on planet, so at her urging they would be in action faster than any command could be issued over comms, but Teckla was quite capable of seeing to her own security and bringing in armed guards might be seen as an assertion of power. It was something she would have loved to flaunt to the gathering, but probably would not have the desired effect. Lothal had weathered invasions in the past after all.

The inside of the convention hall was pleasant enough. A bit more flair than Teckla would have arranged, but it was impressive to see that the talks were important enough to have such treatments. Teckla’s entrance was a bit more than she had planned or hoped. She knew there was supposed to be representation from the official Imperial military, but it seemed she had arrived first and the only ones present were a Jedi, she guessed based on the strength of the Force and one she knew through research to be Solarus Fynch of the Protectorate. ”Greetings,” Teckla said as she approached the violet robed, soft appearing Jedi and the local commander who made the opposite first impression. ”I am Teckla Tane, of Pakuuni. I have been asked to represent the Moff Council in these proceedings. My counterpart from the Imperial Navy should be arriving shortly. You have done well with setting up the surroundings. I hope we can find common ground through these talks.” The last sentence was said in almost a hiss. Teckla didn’t believe the words in the slightest, but it was important to secure the borders, and she had been told all battles need not be fought with armies. She wasn’t sure she believed it, but she’d try anything once.

wb1.png
Tags: Nimian Totan Nimian Totan || Amiggie Lutih Amiggie Lutih || The Fynch The Fynch || Teckla Tane Teckla Tane || @Open to Fellowship Faction Members interested in joining.

The oracle nodded softly, listening intently to Fynch's words. "The path ambition cuts can lead to success just as easily as failure," Tirin offered lightly, his tone imbued with a gentle wisdom. "If they are wise, they will be fearful of incurring the ire of the people here on Lothal."

Tirin, with his raven hair cascading gently over his shoulders, stood in contrast to the traditional Jedi image. His slender and slight build painted a picture of delicacy and fragility, as though he were a sculpture crafted from glass. Yet, the elegance of his long silk robes, more befitting an attendant to a senator than a Jedi, suggested a depth of understated elegance in physical appearance.

Despite his unimposing stature, Tirin exuded a quiet confidence. As Teckla Tane entered, his attention shifted seamlessly towards her. He observed her with a polite, yet discerning gaze, his eyes subtly scanning her aura, seeking to understand more than what was visible on the surface. His presence, though not dominant in height, radiated a warmth and inviting nature, underlined by a demeanor of tempered politeness.

His greeting was as cordial as it was sincere. "Good evening, I'm glad you could join us," he said, his voice soft yet clear, echoing a sense of welcoming. "I was the one who reached out to your organization and extended this invitation. Please be at ease and help yourself to one of the refreshments whilst we await your compannions arrival." His manner was demure and gentle, yet behind his words lay a keen awareness, a mind adept at navigating the currents of diplomacy.

This evening was not entirely unfamiliar to Tirin. He had seen it before. His experience allowed him to recognize Teckla at first glance – her aura, her posture, her very being spoke of her nature and intentions. His Force presence, though heavily suppressed and masked, was a deliberate choice, conveying a control and understanding of the delicate balance of power in the room.

"Wouldn't your enterauge be more comfortable seated at the table with us? Or are they strictly visiting on buissness?" Tirin asked gently seemingly well aware of the men that had been brought along.
inner.png

"I hope we can find common ground through these talks.” The last sentence was said in almost a hiss.

"Bless you," Fynch said in response to the hiss. "We have nose tissues if you would like."

There would be no negotiations. He could see it from a mile away. This new Empire didn't want to negotiate, they wanted to expand at any cost. They would not find a world that was willing to roll over. Lothal was done with Imperial rule. They were going to keep their indepenance, one way or another.

"I'm glad you find the venue accomidating," he noted. "We have not had diplomatic discussions on Lothal in some time, not since establishing a trade agreement with the Galactic Alliance. We're a large intergalactic supplier of Doonium, as I'm sure you're aware."

Doonium the Empire of old stole to build their Death Star. Now it was willingly traded with the largest superpower in the Galaxy, one that was not intent on enslaving his people. Miss Tane had walked into a political deathtrap. Lothal was going to give her and her Empire hell in any way they could. It was just a matter of playing their cards right.

"Well, you have the floor, Madam."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom