Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Books & Banter

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
Y8kDJ9Y.png

Jedi Archives, The Jedi Temple of Coruscant.
Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

div-purple.png

The Archives, a well-stocked treasure trove of information accessible to the New Jedi Order on Coruscant, courtesy of generations upon generations of information carefully collected and stored within the database managed and maintained by the Archivists of the Jedi Temple and the Circle of Knowledge. While it may not have been a place of excitement and thrills for some students compared to the opportunity to go toe to toe with their lightsabers, knowledge was paramount to all.

Among the students present in the Archives today, Jaitre Lenabre wandered on into the large atrium of glowing data cards and holovids lining countless shelves upon either side of the doorway. He stood there for a moment, baring the Jedi Garb of the Order, and simply gazing around the place in amazement. The Zeltron Padawan had only been present on Coruscant for a handful of days, and this was the first time he had bore witness to just how massive the archives truly were.

"Geeze" he muttered to himself, suddenly wondering where to get started. There were a number of subjects that one of the tutors had suggested he start looking into, research into the Force and the history of the Jedi, the current political state of the Galaxy and the many known organizations affiliated with the New Jedi Order. It had been a lot to listen to, and difficult to remember everything he'd been told, but there were points for being there and trying, right?

Not far from the entrance was a reception area where one of the Archivists was present. It looked about the best place to ask for some help, if there ever were an opportunity to do so, thus Jaitre wandered forward and did exactly that. "Excuse me Ma'am, but would you know where I can find information on the Force?" he asked, the Force being a rather obscenely big subject to generalize in such a bland sentence.

GADividerBlue.png

The library was just one of those places that was comfortable to hide out in. No people, no stress. Just books, knowledge, and stories. Lots of stories. For the young Torgruta stories were everything. Something to read, enjoy, relax with. Sometimes fantasy was the welcome retreat she needed, especially after everything that happened. Even now she was tucked in a corner, reading through another of those story books she'd found. High fantasy tales of knights in armor and magical beasts.

It was usually quiet here. Quiet enough that when she did hear a voice she couldn't help but peak through the shelf she was totally not hiding behind.

Books on the Force, huh?

She glanced about what she had, thinking it through. Did she have anything that might be useful? A couple! She rounded the corner, holding out a book on basic Force theory.

"I have something that might help..?"

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"I have something that might help..?"

While the Archivist would go about searching the terminal for records of literature on the force, a voice would catch Jaitre off guard and force him to turn around suddenly. "Oh?" he murmured when he spotted a young Togruta coming towards him with a couple of books, apparently some that could help him. Aside from Loomi Loomi , Jaitre hadn't yet made any real friends and so making the split-second decision then and there, he thanked the archivist for their time and instead decided to speak with the other student, Rahla Tis Rahla Tis .

"Heya" he greeted her, moving away from the reception desk and meeting the Togruta Padawan halfway, "Thanks for the help, that's awesome of you!" he smiled warily, truthfully a little nervous to be meeting someone new, no matter how unavoidable it was in the Jedi Temple so large.

Thanks to his anxiety, Jaitre unintentionally allowed his pheromones to be released throughout the area. They were microscopic and invisible to the naked eye, masked with no smell or evidence of anything having changed with the exception of how they could encourage others to fall in favour of the young Zeltron boy. A subconscious defence mechanism when faced with nervousness around others, and something he still struggled to truly control.

"You look like you'd know a bunch more than me" he grinned sheepishly while complimenting Rahla at the same time. The Archivist behind the desk, now some distance from them, smiled at the sight of the pair, presumably coerced by the Zeltron's accidental influence.

"I'm kinda new to Coruscant, so I'm still sort of finding my way around".

GADividerBlue.png

She stared for a moment. Really stared. The pheromones affected her in a way she wouldn't know, and yet, the more he stood around her, the more nervous she herself got. Which, in turn, had her brow furrow and glare take over her expression. She had no knowledge of it, but the more nervous she felt, the more likely she was to just end up glaring at someone. A terrible habit indeed. And now she just wanted to be his friend.

Rahla didn't have much for friends, but she certainly wanted to make more.

"I.. Um.. Yeah." It was nice of her, yeah. But she shook her head, glancing off. Oh, he was hoping she could help him out with more than just offering some books.

"I'm also really new. I.. Don't really know much about here. I'm from Kashyyyk, the temple that was there. Not here." Despite her glaring expression, she was at least kind in voice.

"I don't think I'd be any help, really."

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
Rahla Tis Rahla Tis actually sounded nervous, and her feelings had a very powerful effect upon the Zeltron who started feeling her anxiety as if it were his own. Or were they his own? Suddenly he found himself at an emotional loss and had to do his best not to focus on it, but to be honest, the Togruta's anxious search for the right words gave him reason to grin and he tried to focus on what she was saying rather than how he himself felt in the moment.

"I heard of Kashyyyk actually, it was one of the places I could have visited as part of my training had it not closed down. I'm from the Mnemosyne Temple, which is waaay smaller and quieter than this one. This place is crazy busy" he emphasized with a roll of his eyes and a glance back towards the archivist. It was far too busy for his liking, not just with people but with the sheer volume of emotions that he came across on a day-to-day basis.

Despite doubting whether she could be of help to him or not, she had been in the archives by the time he had arrived there and so he had to assume she was trying to learn something. That or doing what he liked to do and trying to keep a distance from the largely crowded hallways. "I've met a couple of other students here but haven't really done much in the way of training. Still, the three I have come across were pretty chill" he shrugged a little, not quite knowing what else to say.

There was a pause for a short moment, a time where his brain wouldn't hurry up fast enough to tell him what he should be saying or doing with himself, but he forced himself to say something so as not to appear stupid or foolish at all. "So...-What're you doing here? Looking for something to read too?".

GADividerBlue.png

She didn't know that temple, but listening to him had her expression soften some. Nervousness gave way to some bit of comfort. Which was weird, right? He was still a stranger. Rather than think about it too much she just nodded. All Rahla wanted was to make a friend, so maybe he was just someone she could have as a friend? "They do seem nice, yeah. The couple I've met, anyway." One was even drunk now that she remembered them.

"I.. Oh. Yeah. Just um, some stories. Nothing crazy."

Nothing embarrassing. Were stories like what she was reading embarrassing?

"Like um.. Fantasy stuff, I guess."

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"Oh, awesome!" Jaitre exclaimed, "Have you read The Bloodstone of Dathomir?" he asked with a grin. Before being adopted and becoming a Jedi, Jaitre had often read a lot of fictional books in order to escape the reality of his earlier years. He had never imagined that he would ever become a Jedi and so those kind of mystery-adventure type books were a far cry from anything he thought he'd ever experience.

"It's about this famous smuggler who goes to Dathomir hunting for treasure so he can get rich, but he runs into the Nightsisters. They're Witches with dark magic. His ship gets wrecked by their pet Rancor and then he has to try and find a way off-world all while learning about the source of their magic along the way!" he explained as quickly and briefly as he could, his anxiety suddenly replaced with excitement and adventure.

"There's way more to it, but I shouldn't spoil too much" he laughed softly, soon to look around the Archives curiously. "So I guess all this isn't just boring real-life stuff then huh? Not that a lot of it is boring but nothing beats those kinda books. Adventure, thrills, action and mystery" he smirked, feeling confident about talking on a subject he was familiar with.

Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

GADividerBlue.png

She blinked in surprise as he went right into explaining the story. And as he did, her face just lit right up. Rahla was practically vibrating with enthusiasm. Not because the story sounded interesting, which, of course it did. But because she absolutely knew what it was. "Yeah! I've read it before! He eventually finds the Bloodstone and ends up trying to take it for himself thinking the magic would work for him, but he couldn't use it no matter how hard he tried!"

The Torgruta let out a sigh, holding her cheeks for a moment.

"It was such a tragedy, especially after he betrayed Lorie to even get the stone to begin with."

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
The smile plastered across the boy's face was broad and beaming with pleasure. Rahla Tis Rahla Tis knew and liked the same book he'd been talking about. Perhaps there were still a lot of fun things for people his age to get up to around the Temple, after all. "I so didn't see that coming with Lorie, she was a really cool person and friend to him, but Jakon just turned around and blasted her in the back like it was nothing. I'd been thinking he was a good guy in the story right up until that point, and then bam! It was like, No way!" Jaitre agreed in amazement and excitement, a tone of voice that echoed his feelings back when he had first read the book.

"That's awesome you know Bloodstone of Dathomir" He grinned at Rahla while aimlessly walking alongside her. He wasn't exactly sure where in the Archives they were going, and more or less gave Rahla the lead on that one. Come to think of it, not only did he not know that, but he also didn't know her name! "Oh, by the way, my name's Jaitre" He chuckled after introducing himself properly.

She seemed pretty cool, definitely, someone that he could see himself hanging out with and talking all sorts with. It was a good feeling to have found someone who, at first impressions, seemed to have things in common with himself. So many others around the Temple seemed really focused on training and knowing so much, that at this early stage in his joining the Jedi, it had been kind of intimidating, feeling as though he didn't know as much as he should have.

GADividerBlue.png

She wasn't even sure herself where she was going. Just sort of walking absentmindedly as she just enjoyed the excitement of having someone to share her stories with. She didn't think she would. She was too old for those kinds of stories was her assumption, and one she'd made too hastily. Rahla practically beamed as he really did seem to know everything about the story. He really was kinda cool.

Cool?

She blinked. Oh, right. Names. She cleared her throat, nodding a little. Her gaze drifted around until she'd at least realized where they were. Her little study area. Comfortable chairs and all the books she'd gathered up. Right.

"Rahla. I'm Rahla."

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"Nice to meet you Rahla" Jaitre grinned and soon glanced about her little study area. It looked about as cozy as one could get in the Jedi Archives, seemingly having surrounded herself with books, almost as if she were trying to wall herself off from other people. The thought made him chuckle softly, soon turning back to Rahla Tis Rahla Tis , "What have you been reading?" he asked, curious to know what she was getting up to and whether it had anything to do with her studies as a member of the Jedi Order.

"I came into this place thinking it might help me to learn something. Get ahead in my lessons and stuff, ya know?" he explained as he looked over all the books, not touching any of them of course, not wishing to mess up her organized pile. "I still don't have much of a clue about what I'm doing, to be honest" he added, giving a bit of a shrug.

"How'd you do when you first arrived?".

GADividerBlue.png

"I found a new story I've been reading, Hologlass Wars. The queen of the land has immense power just through her imagination alone. It's really interesting! So much betrayal, doubt, trying to get home. for the main character. I recommend it for sure."

She even picked up the fist novel to hold it up with a bright smile. It was nice to share this with someone. Rahla blinked shortly after though, tilting her head. How'd she do when she first arrived? "I didn't arrive that long ago myself. I.. Don't really know what to do either. Um. Ko helped me out, at least figuring out the rooms in the temple. But other than that there's not much I've done. .. Sorry." He seemed to be hopeful that she might be able to help him out, and she really wasn't sure if she could actually help him. She just didn't know enough.

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"Hologlass Wars", Jaitre repeated as he looked at the book, listening intently to Rahla Tis Rahla Tis briefly explaining its story. She didn't spoil anything, which was pretty cool of her. Something that he could admire in a fellow reader. "I might have to read that one when you're done with it", he added with an intrigued grin. It certainly sounded interesting.

"Don't be sorry. I guess that means we're new together," Jaitre soon replied following Rahla's apology, explaining that she didn't know much more than he had voiced. He smiled at her and was relieved he wasn't the only one there not knowing how to go about his future training. The Temple of Coruscant was gigantic, and for a thirteen-year-old boy who hadn't left his homeworld until only a couple of years prior, it was all very intimidating.

"Who's Ko?" He soon asked, Rahla having mentioned someone else, "Do you know many people here? I don't have a lot of friends so far," Jaitre admitted with a slightly sheepish chuckle. "Aside from you, of course, if you want to be friends, I mean, you seem pretty awesome," he added once again, speaking with a little less confidence than nervousness and apprehension. Despite wearing his heart on his sleeve, he didn't particularly like the feeling of rejection more than anyone else usually did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom