Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler Boba Fett Episode 3 | Some more spoilers

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Absolutely loved the Tusken stuff in ep2, really disappointed in the laziness of how ep3 chucks all that as a random plot point. Gotta kill off the only interesting characters to give Boba a little motivation. Morrison does sell the scene but it's a crappier executive decision than making everyone on Tatooine clean, tidy, well groomed, dust free, and otherwise suitable for a soundstage.

This was my main beef with today's episode. There were other things I wasn't a big fan of, but that one just annoyed the crap out of me. The whole tired 'kill your natives to give the outlander a motivation for revenge and a lesson in caution' is so outdated. I really hoped they'd go a different route considering they already dropped the whole 'the natives are all barbaric marauders' racist stuff.

Oh well, at least they didn't show the Tusken Warrior as dead, so maybe they will return in a new episode.

After episode 2 I was really hoping we'd be getting into a better run but this episode felt weak. I wasn't as bored with it as episode 1, but there were some really weird things.
Director for this episode was Robert Rodriguez - Spy Kids - and that's what a lot of this felt like.

Vespa cyborg riders? Out of place on Tattooine.

One of the worst chases I've seen. Speeders and swoops are meant to be fast, but this one felt so pedestrian, complete with every gag like a painting, rickshaw, fruit stand etc. That part felt really bad.

I was also annoyed that after a good previous episode the Tuskens are all killed off to give our noble human something to avenge. Though clearly not enough as the Pykes are still a thing now.

The Corellian Sharpshooter
The Black Krrsantan scene was awesome, as was the new rancor. I feel like the rancor trainer is a bit suspicious, though. As for the new "employees", they seem cool, but their bikes feel a bit out of place. I can't wait to see what's brewing with the Pyke Syndicate. Also, I didn't see that one Tusken warrior's body, so I'm assuming that he's still alive. The Book of Boba Fett has been great so far, except for the fact that Boba seems to be useless as a fighter now. I mean he got destroyed by a bunch of amateur ninjas with electro-swords and shields. I mean, c'mon, he could have flown above them and sniped them all in like three seconds if he wanted to.

I feel like this episode was a sort of “bridge episode”. It seemed to set up important plot points for later, but not much happened in the episode itself. And this is just a guess, but I think Krrsantan may have deliberately thrown the fight against Boba. He could have easily just stabbed/shot/strangled him immediately, but instead decided to take his time, leading him to getting trapped in the pit. As for why he would throw the fight, we may find out in the next flashback sequence.

On another note, when the Water Manager first described the street gang as “Cyborgs”, I was hoping to see the Guavian Death Gang. Needless to say, I was disappointed, so I do not think I can talk about the Street Gang in an unbiased manner. But hey, maybe the real Mango Mafia will appear at some point later.

What happened to the Sand People was sad, even though they beat up and mistreated Boba in Episode 1. The show did a really good job making them interesting and connecting them to the audience, so it makes having them destroyed offscreen all the more tragic and surprising. It seems likely to me that Episode 4’s flashback sequence will involve Boba getting revenge on the Sand Winders (not entirely sure if that is what they were called).

Seeing the Pykes moving in as the main villains was a surprise, but not an unwelcome one. I imagine the Present Day segment of the next episode will involve the Pykes launching a surprise attack (like in Dune) on Boba’s Palace, which would be an interesting flip to the show’s dynamics. Maybe that is just wishful thinking though.

Overall, I would give this episode a 6/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom