Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler Boba Fett Episode 1 | Spoilers

I'm always happy to get new Star Wars content, but ngl, this one felt a little dry. No new plotlines or...hooks opened up, just...stuff happened that I already kind of know about. That said, it's all very pretty as usual and the production quality is high, but this isn't an episode I'm going to be coming back to.

I thought my boy was looking solid, opened up some new threads to explore (Mayor, hot twi’leks, obvious backstory, who attacked him?), heavy on aliens and Mos Espa.

New rodians always add to my experience, rubber stamp hands and all.

Plenty to expand on, plenty of action, my only complaint is the CGI pokemon fight.

Loved it.

Sand Centaur was an odd choice for me.

Love the Tuskens, though really wish they kept the sign language introduced in the Mandalorian.

Over all episode was largely mysterious but did feel a bit dry.

Curious why they started where they did

Arthakk

Friendly Neighbourhood Wookiee
Overall, the first episode was a bit average imo. But what they shown from after he took over and the flash back did make me quite curious and quite excited for future episodes on how they'll expand more.

My nitpick however was the monsters, the trandoshan and always for me the twilek. The masiff was fine, but the centaur was weird especially when he was standing on 2. The trandoshan somehow looks off to me, the front seems too flat and looks like a mask being filtered with effects. And as always I've never like live action twilek because they always look soo weird especially the buff one, the one that I like was the mayor majordomo, he looks pleasing for me.

I joked to my friend that the ones who attacked them were paid actors by the 2 gamorrean to gain boba trust haha.

It's still the first episode so can't really fully judge it, but i have faith for the series when Jon Favreau is in the back seat.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
I enjoyed it, overall, I think.

Being a Legends fan, I wondered if they were going to go the way of Dengar, before leading into the Tuskens (due to Mandalorian reveal with Boba looking like a Tuskan/wielding their weaponry). But I guess they cut out the middle bounty hunter and just went with Tuskans. That said, the sand centaur was odd, I wasn't a particular fan of that, but overall the situation and Boba's circumstance wasn't bad.

Tattooine + Tuskens + Mos Espa = cool, let's see more of those too.

I did, however, question Boba removing his helmet in public. That was kind of 'his thing', in that he didn't take off his helmet - ala Judge Dredd. Not only did it add to his mystique and threatening nature, but it also allowed him to maintain combat and tactical awareness with the HUD and all the gadgets made available... removing it, even for a bunch of credits piled inside, seemed shortsighted for such a deadly foe and reputed hunter.

Also, the ninjas with shield pikes kind of irritated me. Why didn't Boba and Fennec get out of that situation like the pros they are? Why didn't Boba use his jetpack, to fly overhead and distract, to give Fennec an opening? A lot of questions in that fight, ultimately it didn't feel very appropriate to the galaxy's best assassin and galaxy's greatest bounty hunter to me.

Also, Jawas are boss - they did not give two wampas about Boba, they wanted that armor!

I'm not judging too harshly, because pilots always try to do a lot, and most times fail. So episode 2 and onward is where most of my critiquing will take place, I think. That said, overall production and quality seems on par with expected, so that's good; but only a 40 minute runtime is not doing it for me, I wanted at least 50-60 minutes per episode (that 20 extra minutes can be very important).

Last edited:
I enjoyed it, overall, I think.

Being a Legends fan, I wondered if they were going to go the way of Dengar, before leading into the Tuskens (due to Mandalorian reveal with Boba looking like a Tuskan/wielding their weaponry). But I guess they cut out the middle bounty hunter and just went with Tuskans. That said, the sand centaur was odd, I wasn't a particular fan of that, but overall the situation and Boba's circumstance wasn't bad.

Tattooine + Tuskens + Mos Espa = cool, let's see more of those too.

I did, however, question Boba removing his helmet in public. That was kind of 'his thing', in that he didn't take off his helmet - ala Judge Dredd. Not only did it add to his mystique and threatening nature, but it also allowed him to maintain combat and tactical awareness with the HUD and all the gadgets made available... removing it, even for a bunch of credits piled inside, seemed shortsighted for such a deadly foe and reputed hunter.

Also, the ninjas with shield pikes kind of irritated me. Why didn't Boba and Fennec get out of that situation like the pros they are? Why didn't Boba use his jetpack, to fly overhead and distract, to give Fennec an opening? A lot of questions in that fight, ultimately it didn't feel very appropriate to the galaxy's best assassin and galaxy's greatest bounty hunter to me.

Also, Jawas are boss - they did not give two wampas about Boba, they wanted that armor!

I'm not judging too harshly, because pilots always try to do a lot, and most times fail. So episode 2 and onward is where most of my critiquing will take place, I think. That said, overall production and quality seems on par with expected, so that's good; but only a 40 minute runtime is not doing it for me, I wanted at least 50-60 minutes per episode (that 20 extra minutes can be very important).

I had the same thought about the Jetpack. He also seems a hell of a lot more fragile now, going to take a bacta bath from a little bit of shocking.

Also makes me think the attackers were trying to capture them alive, as their weapons were in no way lethal.

Boba exploding one the dudes without any residue was a little silly but expected for the rating I guess.

I thought it was...fine. It's started very small scale, not a whole lot happens.
I had thought/hoped that it'd start off with a flashback to him escaping the Sarlaac, then it'd be modern time, but it seems like the flashbacks are going to be constant. I don't think we need to know every detail....

Be careful what you wish for.
While I would have liked to have seen more to it, I enjoyed the episode. The show answered my questions about what happened to him (obviously already knowing much of it but wanting to see how close they kept to the "Legends") and tied in a lot of what happened up to now. The only part that was a little contrived was the fight scene but there is more to the story and more to the season. Off to a good start. :)

I enjoyed a lot. I think it was interesting to see an aging and injured Fett. As for taking his helmet off, let's remember that he was without it for a looong time after escaping the Sarlaac. The show didn't to a great job of showing that passage of time, but assuming he escaped the Sarlaac pretty close to the end of Return of the Jedi, he goes without it for years before having it returned in The Mandalorian. He probably got used to having a full field of vision. As for why he couldn't just one shot all the shield pike guys, well he's getting older. He probably never truly healed from his wounds sustained from the Sarlaac (Tuskens are not renowned doctors). It's pretty clear that he's using the bacta tank to tackle some chronic stuff.

So that's my take. Overall I enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

P.S. I actually really liked the Gamorreans. In my head cannon their names are Leon and Bob.

I found the first episode, barely viewable. It does have enough positive attractions to keep me on par to continue watching it. However, the entire CGI and poorly designed fight scene against the assassins was more in line of a B-movie production. I had hoped they would have done more with Fett's escape from the Sarlaac, having such creative ideas to work with. A simple punch, flamethrower....and a hand punching out of the sand (a reminder of old zombie movies) was so underdone.

The sand creature reminded me something out of the 80's Clash of the Titans or Jason and the Argonauts (1963).

Considering Jon Favreau's excellent series, the Mandalorian, I expected more. And for Robert Rodriguez, whose movies I enjoy, to produce this episode and future episodes, again I expected more. I have high standards for SW Series.

I would give this episode a 2 out of 4 stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom