Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Blogs for Media Submission Content

Yoru Shakou

From my understanding, both the Codex and Factory are voluntary; you don't have to sub an item or bit of lore, it just helps.

I would suggest, putting the book together in the blog, i.e. if the book has, 5 chapters, write the chapters out in the blog then compile them together into the appropriate Codex sub.

Doing it that way would avoid the near-constant request of pulling a sub from the Codex to be edited with the addition of a new chapter. At least, that would be the way that I would personally go about the project.

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner | Yoru Shakou Yoru Shakou

There is some misinformation here. Let me clarify.
  • Codex and Factory are 100% Optional. You can go your entire time on Chaos without subbing a single thing. You can and are certainly welcome to choose to flesh out your experiences in RP Threads versus codifying it in either section.
  • All that being said - Blogs and Articles are not substitutes for Codex or Factory. The moment you decide to create Species, Ships, Books, Holocrons, Tech, Locations, or anything that exists in either the Factory or Codex wheelhouse; they strictly belong in the Codex or Factory.
  • What should Blogs and Articles be used for? Member lists, OOC and IC thoughts, or even personal stories.
  • Lore subs are also never considered gospel. Chaos has and will always be a multiple-choice buffet. You can and pick and choose what Lore or History you want to acknowledge in your writing and so does everyone else.
So, you can use it for IC Thoughts. But, the second it looks like a book or something that belongs in the Codex - It's in the wrong place.

I would strongly recommend that you utilize the Codex for something of this nature. If it crosses the line you will be asked to remove it and place it in the correct section. Which, would most definitely result in a misuse of your time. Submission Modifications are handled regularly so the wait to "add" a chapter wouldn't be long at all. You can see Valiens discussing it here, and, here are a few other helpful links.

Codex Sub Mod Requests
Codex Templates for Lore [For a Book - Use Media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom