Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blasters on the House (Thul)

[member="Suravi Teigra"] [member="Elaine Thul"]

Dallen checked his chronometer as he waited patiently for the appointed conference call to begin. It was simply more efficient for a politician with a busy schedule handling committee matters, a business associate with contracts around the galaxy to take into account, and a military officer in the midst of organizing preparations for a Campaign, to come together and speak without leaving their respective locations. Although the Republic Captain had to confess he preferred face to face meetings normally. Nonetheless, when the alarm on the timekeeping device went off the spectacled officer was quick to open up the comm frequency for the trio's agreed upon conference as he set aside the documents reporting the status of the Echani Mercenaries and the vibroblades he had requested from Eshan's senator. Pushing up his glasses as the communication connected, Dallen smiled at the two women who would appear shortly as he greeted them. "Lady Thul, Senator Teigra, its wonderful to see you both. I hope setting aside the time for this get together wasn't too bothersome?"

[member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Suravi Teigra"]

No bother at all captain, she replied to him. She was dressed as usual in purple, her house colours. She did not however weight to be asked to sit down, she was still in pain over the events on Togoira. She had bandage around her wrist from the heat damage of [member="Darth Vornskr"] saber. She wore a hat to hide a burnt scalp, from his force lightning. She also had other injuries at time, but most of them were superficial. She would not complain about this, as her nobility prevented her from saying ouch a lot, stiff upper lip and all that.

She then took a glance back, to summon one her housecarls, who brought the blaster they were interested in. Also a handful of A.G.L. she made, for that particular blaster. He was dressed in purple light armour, she also had a catalog of her other wares. As well as examples on the ship, if he was interested in looking.

As had become custom for the junior senator in carrying out out her official duties, she took the holo-call from her local office on Kiribi. On call, she saw a new face and a very familiar one to her. Elaine Thul, the exiled noble from Alderaan. She had been keeping tabs on the woman since her failed coup attempt as part of her extensive dossier on all Alderaanian happenings, tracking the mass exodus of several Alderaanians to a new enclave outside of the Republic.

"Lady Thul, Captain Thayne, good day to you both." While the Organas may have tried to strip Elaine of her titles and priviledges, she still recognized the aristocrat. "I'm pleased to see a member of the military approaching the comittee for a change. While we always strive to secure the best vendors, it is always appreciated when the operators themselves provide recommendations."

"For this meeting, it'll just be us three, but future discussions will involve the rest of the Armed Services Comittee for when it comes time to approve or deny a contract. So Captain Thayne, which of Thul's systems are you looking for the military to acquire? "

[member="Dallen Thayne"]
[member="Elaine Thul"]

The Republic was not ignorant of the political affairs surrounding House Thul, and in truth he was honestly depressed at the lack of consequences the government hadn't imposed. Not just on House Thul, but others like the former chancellor and their coup attempt, not to mention the commander who killed a large number of innocents even if it was by mistake. Or a certain Mandalorian who wasn't even punished by his own people after putting them at risk. However, Dallen knew his position well. He wasn't a politician, he had no right or power to dictate a punishment for anyone and in all honesty he wasn't looking to anyway.

After all he was an officer, a soldier of the Republic. As a soldier he wanted good equipment so he hardly cared about House Thul's actions in the past if now a difference could be made. Dallen wanted to see the Sith driven from the neutral territories, and he would take every little advantage he could get his hands on. "Yes, I've indicated the item in question to Lady Thul so she can explain its capabilities better Senator. However, I can give my definitive reasoning for the want of it. While its a simple chore to equip our soldiers with Viper class grenade launchers for their blasters, they can only hold up to two rounds. They have a better range than Lady Thul's grenade launcher attachments, however, the low ammunition capacity makes them less than ideal in close quarters for soldiers who don't have the luxury to reload at a whim. So while I am not suggesting replacing our forces Viper grenade launchers, we should stockpile some of Lady Thul's weapons to arm a few squads who engage in closed spaces like buildings against threats like wardroids and vong."

[member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Suravi Teigra"]

She still wonder why Organna got away with letting a sith fleet in it's sky's, the very same one that won a battle over Togoira. Though she was never one for politics, she was only ever did action. Though she was taught that by the one sith when she captured by them, last time they took Alderaan. Though now she and her people had new planet to call home, and no longer had to care about them. As Alderaan stood alone against the encircling sith, though she did suspect the mandalorians would come to their rescue.

She then listened to the general, he did forget to mention one thing about the blaster in question. The General got most things right, apart from he missed out a built in Bayonet. Which is useful if you run out of ammo in close quarter, also can put the fear into lesser trained soldiers. Also has three options for sights for aiming, standard cross hairs and scope and laser light. Each has it place on battlefield, and can be tacitly chosen before the battle starts. She leaned back in her chair and took a sip of water, and waited to see what questions would come her way.

Suravi nodded along and took notes as she listened to the pair discussing specs. From the sounds of it, he desired a high capacity launcher platform that could be used as a CQB weapon in close quarters, high explosive shells swapped out with something like buckshot or flechettes. The Kiribian Mobile Infantry utilized a similar setup with its Famos particle rifle. It amazed her how lacking the Republic arsenal was when it came to small arms, even before the termination of major contracts with vendors like Tenloss.

"Alright, as I'm not familiar with Lady Thul's system, I would like a live demonstration of the platform against some other systems. I can host the demonstration here on Kiribi. I'll cover transportation and lodging costs for you both and any other personnel that you require to carry out the demo. Could I have you both here within the week?"

[member="Elaine Thul"]
[member="Dallen Thayne"]

[member="Suravi Teigra"] [member="Dallen Thayne"]

I am more than happy to come along, but due to recent upheavals, I hope you don't mind if I bring my personal bodyguard. The sith must be watching that area of space now, and they all knew it. So no point going somewhere without protection, from any sudden strikes. Whilst her housecarls, could not defend a planet. They easily cut her path to nearest space port, and help her of the planet if it happened. Though she would probably stay to help aid them in the fight.

"That's perfectly fine," she answered nodding. "I will allow you to bring a security detail with you. Please be reasonable though, Kiribi and the surrounding region is well protected, so there's no need to bring a large force."

"I'll need to work out the details of the demonstration with my counterparts, but I can tell you now that it will take place at one of our military bases. I'll probably have some troopers from the MI participate as well, just to asses how easy it is for new users to use your system. Are you fine with that?"

[member="Elaine Thul"]

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

That's perfectly fine, my housecarls can show them how they work. She waited for [member="Dallen Thayne"], to give his two cents on this and then she would make the arrangements.

In truth by this point Dallen knew he was more or less through giving his opinion on the matter. It was mostly his role to have provided the initial contact between the two and put in his two cents as it were. The Republic Commander wasn't about to comment on the ongoing politics of Alderaan though, especially since none of it was clean in the slightest for anyone. Ironic given the world's once peaceful and open presentation in the past. "I would gladly accept the invitation senator. I don't have much else to say on the going ons anymore but I would be happy with a live demonstration myself. Kiribi is an interesting world to drop by in and of itself so I'll consider it a brief reprieve from the routine."

Then make the necessary arrangements, and I shall come over as soon as possible. I get my staff to pack tonight, and I should be there quite soon. She was going to bring all her wares with her, including plans for a prototype grenade she had. As she has been having a meeting with a smuggler, to get deathstick to her world. So she can find the key ingredient to knock out the force, though the plan has not reached fruition yet.

As that bit was concluded, she made a short bow to The Republic Officer. Then told him I see you on kiribi, I guess. Then with a slight smile, as she was getting somewhere at last. As she left the room, she was practically skipping down the corridors, to her get her gear and go back to the core.

((At this point, you have the contract with us, we'll probably only need a couple posts between us to wrap this up.))

A week later, and it was time for the demonstration of Elaine's launcher system. As it had the launcher had been billed as a CQB solution, the course had been set up in such a manner. An urban zone packed with targets, reinforced droids covered in pearly white storm trooper armor favored by the One Sith and other Imperialist factions. Among their ranks were black cloaked figures, representing a Sith. They equipped with components like tractor beam generators, arc casters, and repulsor coils to simulate the use of the Force. No fancy lightsabers for them, though, only vibroblades shrouded in a hologram.

"With the use of holograms and physical modules, we've been able to simulate a building complex from a level of
Coruscant. As we begin the rollback of the One Sith in Core, environments like these will become more common for our operators. This is a live fire exercise, though the weaponry of the opposing force will be set to stun. The scenario is simple. You will eliminate the OS forces occupying the building. You can expect heavy resistance, room-to-room fighting. Free free to use any additional weaponry and equipment along with your Vipers, but it will be the performance of the Viper that is being assessed here."

[member="Elaine Thul"]
[member="Dallen Thayne"]

A week later Dallen happily stood by the rest of the spectators as the Thul grenade launchers were being on full display for their viewing pleasure. It was nice to visit another world in the line of work that acted like a faux vacation. The only way to make the outing more like such to him would be to have a bag of popcorn cradled in his arms while watching the testing taking place as if it were some form of show. Although in all honesty the officer preferred a lovely explosion to simple fireworks. Especially when it was from a tool that could potentially save soldiers lives down the line. The Republic Troopers hefting their blasters and making sure their launcher attachments were secure were a sight, as was the course that the senator had prepared for them. "This almost seems like a game. It promises to be enjoyable to watch. At the very least enlightening to our soldiers readiness and the weapons capabilities."

Her housecarls gave the republic troops the rundown of how to use the rifles, and how to do quick reload for the agl. This was crucially the main reason the republic was interested in the weapon, and as such she wanted to make sure they got it right. As they did that Elaine relaxed with others, she was nervous as she had only ever seen her own troops use them. She also had used them as part of bayonet charge, she did ponder for a moment, and wonder why they called it bayonet charge. As in reality it was a wall of continuous blaster fire, backed up by the agls, and then if the was much left at the end. Yes they may hit someone with the pointy bit, they called a bayonet. She did ponder why, she would ask him later. After the demo, was concluded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom