Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BL-ZZ Rifle System

Status
Not open for further replies.
alexander-sheynin-5.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a modular rifle system for use by the Vylmiran Military
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: DC-17m
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Vylmiran Technological Industries
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model:
  • Modularity: Yes: Scope can be removed, Firing Module can be changed, Blaster-Suppressor can be mounted on SMG/Base or Rifle modes

• Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Blaster Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster, Modular Class
  • Size:
    Small (SMG/Base Mode)
  • Average (Rifle & Shotgun Modes)
  • Large (Grenade Launcher Mode)

[*]Weight:
  • Very Heavy (Total possible weight utilizing all modules)
    Light (SMG/Base weight. No extra modules.)
  • Average (Rifle Module + Base Weight Only)
  • Average (Shotgun Module + Base Weight Only)
  • Heavy (Grenade Launcher Module + Base Weight Only)

[*]Ammunition Type:
  • Power cell (SMG/Base, Rifle, and Shotgun Modes)
  • Grenade (Grenade Launcher Mode)

[*]Ammunition Capacity:
  • 120 shots (SMG/Base)
  • 60 Shots (Rifle)
  • 30 Shots (Shotgun)
  • Single-shot (Grenade Launcher Mode)

[*]
Reload Speed:

• Average (All Modes)

• Very Slow (Grenade Launcher Mode)

[*]Effective Range:
  • Point Blank (SMG/Base)
  • Long Range (Rifle Mode)
  • Average ​(Shotgun Mode)
  • Average (Grenade Launcher Mode)

[*]Rate of Fire:
  • Extreme (SMG/Base)
  • Average (Rifle Mode)
  • Low ​(Shotgun Mode)
  • Very Low (Grenade Launcher Mode)

[*]Stopping Power:
  • Low (SMG/Base)
  • High (Rifle Mode)
  • Very High ​(Shotgun Mode)
  • Extreme (Grenade Launcher Mode)

[*]Recoil:
  • None (SMG/Base)
  • Low (Rifle Mode)
  • Very High (Shotgun Mode)
  • Average (Grenade Launcher Mode)

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Modularity: The Rifle is built on a module system allowing it to take advantage of various fire types, and easily adjust to the flow of battle
  • SMG Mode: The SMG is the base mode of the rifle, with no other attachments added. Features higher fire rate and improved recoil, with lower stopping power and effective range
  • Rifle Mode: Offering the longest effective range, the Rifle Mode is balanced for general use, and arguably the most versatile of the modes
  • Shotgun Mode: Striking a balance between range and recoil, the Shotgun mode is tuned for close range high power encounters.
  • Grenade Launcher Mode: The Grenade Launcher module is the most powerful module currently available for the BL-ZZ rifle, allowing it to launch most standard grenades.
Strengths:
  • Modular: The weapon can adapt to various encounters, allowing for optimal profiles.
  • Extremes: The Modules are tuned for different purposes, allowing each mode to carve a niche, most notably the SMG's superior fire rate, and the Grenade Launcher's unparalleled explosive power, or the Shotgun's improved blasting power across short ranges.
  • Uniform Ammo: The Ammo Cells are the same for all standard ammo modes, making ammo acquisition easy
Weaknesses:
  • Downtime: The weapon has a small window of downtime while the user changes out modules.
  • Ammo Capacity: The Ammo capacity is determined by the draw on the power cell. Switching between modes will alter how much ammo is actually left per pack. (IE, 1 blast on Shotgun mode equals 4 shots on SMG mode)
  • Heavy: While the base rifle is relatively light, the various modules for it are less so. Carrying all of them at once makes the rifle quite heavy.
DESCRIPTION
The BL-ZZ "Blizz" Rifle system is based off the ancient DC-17m rifle used by the Republic Commandos in the Clone Wars. Offering a multitude of tools catered to a wide variety of situations, the BL-ZZ rifle is a solid choice for any field operative. Designed with the Resolve Commandos in mind, only a select number of rifles were made, making them a rare sight beyond the chosen friends of Vylmira.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Okay insteresting sub but a few questions

Uniform Ammo: The Ammo Cells are the same for all modes, making ammo acquisition easy. How are you making this possible? Given you specify that Grenade launcher uses a grenade. I would suggest saying it for the normal ones is fine. Also I haven't come across an energy shotgun before should be interesting.

How long is the change over? Just so I can get an idea of if it takes half a post or a post for the moduality to be changed so I can try to help balance it accordingly.

As an extra weakness I would suggest EMP at least for anything using the power cell.

[member="Tom Taff"]

Sorry this took me so long to respond to, only happened to notice you had questions as I wasn't tagged.

Ammo has been updated to state "uniform across standard ammo modes." Error in wording on my part there, hopefully that makes it more clear that the energy cells are the standard ammo type unless a specific module states otherwise.

As for swapping modules, I tried to find a short concise clip demonstrating the module swapping on the canon DC-17m, which is a mere matter of seconds (This is showcased in the game Republic Commando, if you get the hankering to investigate further). That being said, the individuals shown using the DC-17m have been trained to use it (Possibly even exclusively use the DC-17m as their mainline weapon), so reaction times would be far faster as swapping modules is an action that has been done time and time and time again. So, writer's choice on how long exactly such an action would take, but in effect, someone trained to use the rifle could swap modes as easy as swapping to an entirely new weapon.

As for the EMP weakness, that would seem to go against the general theme of Star Wars as I have not encountered other blasters that are rendered inert by EMP, but I'm all ears if you have a specific instance in mind.

[member="Tom Taff"]

On a side note, since I've had to revisit it, I've followed through on the reflection that the weapon could use some clarification in the weight category, That being that the overall weight of the rifle is "Very Heavy", as it includes ALL the Modules, while the original weights are maintained as the weight assuming that the indicated module is utilized, and nothing else. The sub has been modified to reflect and explain this, as well as add the appropriate weakness.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Voph"]

Apologies for not tagging, I was also reviewing a bunch of other stuff at the time and must have slipped my mind.

Thanks for fixing that issue and having the weapon being over all very heavy balances things back out a little more.

As for EMP blasts it was more as a suggestion for a potential source of weakness as if I remember correctly blasters can be turned off by EMP such as the mullistar arc where the republic dropped a massive EMP weapon. I could be wrong though.

[member="Tom Taff"]

By my count the weapon was underpowered to begin with, overall weight not accounted for (Not that balance is supposed to be an issue, last I checked). That being said, unless there are edits you're requiring that were not made clear, I believe that concludes updates to the submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom