Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birds of the Feather

will you sink down to me?
Form: Humanoid
Wearing: Wetsuit
Tag: [member="Alwine Lechner"]
teal1.png

At least the Kaminoans were nice.

Well, as nice could be, that is. It was relative. But, still, it was enough for Damsy to wander out of the safe (for her) salt waters of the planet's superocean, undergo her painful metamorphosis, and climb to one of the ship platforms. From there, she was free to go inside, opting to shield her eyes with a hand over them due to the unusually bright lights that the cloners were apparently fond of.

Living in tandem with all creatures of the sea had undoubtedly, unknowingly prepared the lanky amphibians for the introduction of the first-and-last-of-her-kind being unceremoniously dropped into their ocean. And their evolutionary history likely made it easier to accept the texture of Damsy's tan skin littered with traces of her silver scales as normal.

She padded through the pristine hallways, barefoot and completely undriven to go anywhere specific. Just walking in a place that was somewhat welcoming made her feel like less of a monstrosity of Sith alchemy even if she wasn't in anyone's direct company. And, glancing around, it looked like she wouldn't be. Her circumstantial friends might have gone to sleep for the night.

Though her body did not require her to, she considered finding a sofa somewhere and trying to, as well.

Mermaid_Divider.png

Alwine prowled through the hallway of the building, eternally lost in her searches for yet another archive. She had been on this planet, Kamino, once before, searching forever for signs of her Species, any sign of knowledge that their history was not as she had been lied to and was continuously being lied to about. This time, she had someone on her side though; a woman who had both given her the key to ensure a future for her species, and who had little later killed herself, sort of. Alwine wished she could have been there when she could still make a difference. But as this was all going on, she had been imprisoned on her home planet, accused of witchcraft, beaten and tortured and starved.

It had been months, and she still had not returned to Stewjon. She hoped she never would, unless it was to burn the entire place to the ground.

But these Kamonioans built their institutions like the insane. With everything being so white and bright, Alwine easily lost direction of where she was and where she was trying to get. Had she already walked a floor up and taken a right turn, or had she actually taken three left turns and somehow found herself in the basement? The Lupine thought she would never know, and she wished at least one of her brothers was with her to make this place a little bit less wore.

It wasn't until Alwine's sensitive nose picked up a certain scent that she stopped. She could smell sea water, but… Wasn't she too deep into the building for that? Could she be so close near the exit? No, the source of the scent was moving around. She had been around the Kaminoans, and she knew they did not smell like that. An intruder? A potential danger? Alwine's tiny fingers went slowly for her sword, ready to remove any threat.

"Who goes there?"

[member="Damsy Callat"]

By whatever laws Sith alchemy operated within, Damsy's terrestrial hearing had stayed intact. She stopped in her tracks and turned around slowly, as to not shift her weight too quickly on her legs and kell over.

Whoever the source of the voice was didn't sound like a Kaminoian. At all. The voice lacked any trace of the race's diagnostic melodic quality. ...well, melodic. High-and-mighty. Xenophobic. Now that was subjective rather than relative.

"A friend of the Kaminoians," she introduced in her usual raspy voice. And that was all she said for the time being. Divulging herself as the Siren of Kamino was likely a bad idea, regardless of if this person was a native or not.

Still, she might not have to say it. She often didn't. If not everything, enough was evident by her unusual looks as a human that could, and often did, excite hostileness if not violence from most.

Damsy narrowed her eyes to help see around her as she glanced about. No weapon in sight, and not having something, natural or artificial, made her nervous.

[member="Alwine Lechner"]

A friend of the Kaminoias? Alwine blinked. She was not aware that Kaminoians had friends, but then again, she had never looked too deeply into the creepy creatures. Being imprisoned by one of them had been bad enough, even if it only lasted all of thirty seconds before her brother freed her.

Turning a corner, brown eyes fell on the form of a… Well, it looked almost human, but her eyes caught the scales, caught the stand that was slightly different. The Lupine would not judge the person for it though. While she herself looked like nothing but a human when she was in this form, she was not, and there was no reason to hold ill will towards others because they weren't human either.

Her fingers let go of the hilt of her sword, still tucked safely in its sheathe.

"I thought I was alone here," she said apologetically.

[member="Damsy Callat"]

Damsy wrinkled her nose, an almost instinctual reaction to disgust of any sort that anyone directed at her. Ever since Naroh Se had saved Damsy from Darth Metus' youthful hate, unbecoming of a father, it had become something of the habit--not that the middle-aged Kaminoan had taught it to her. Rather, it had become one of her own mechanism. A self-preservation technique, one could call it. A way not to let others' opinions of her penetrate her scaly skin, for, if she herself lost hold of her own importance, who in the galaxy could give it back to her?

Even though [member="Alwine Lechner"]'s comment was one that in no way portrayed judgment, simply her apologetic tone suggested otherwise to the siren. Though, for all her feigned confidence, Damsy couldn't help the thoughts that seeped into her mind: She doesn't want me here. I'm an ugly monster. As she reflected, she began to think the same was true of the slumbering Kaminoans.

Somehow, she kept the tears back from ever pooling at her waterline. "Don't worry, I'm going to leave soon. I forget..." She trailed off, realizing simultaneously that, for secrecy's sake, she didn't want to finish that sentence but didn't want to leave it hanging in the air either. Clearing her throat, she said quickly, "Sleep is a thing."

"I'm Damsy by the way," she mumbled for one reason or another, staring at the disinfected floor.

Alwine noted that nose wrinkle. Was there something wrong? Did she smell? No, she was fairly certain that she did not. She fought the urge to take a step back, brown eyes still intent on the other woman. It was clear to the Lupine that not all was well, but… Was it even her place to ask?

She forgot sleep was a thing?

"Alwine," the Lupine answered, still staring at the other woman. Was she perhaps a child? She did not smell like a human, perhaps her biology was different enough for requirements to be different? "I'm sorry, perhaps it is not my place to ask but…" Alwine finally said, "are you well? Do you require any assistance?"

[member="Damsy Callat"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom