Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bird In Hand, Two Sith In The Bush

"Everything in your galaxy has a price."

her words Echoed in Kai'lyn's mind, the weight of those words settling heavily upon him. He thought about the implications of the statement, referring to the harsh realities that seemed to extend across the universe, irrespective of the planet or species.

He watched the figure before him, feeling both a mix of vulnerability and defiance as Sofiel seemed to intentionally skirt around the question of their location. Despite his uncertainty and unease, his focus remained sharp on her words.

Sofiel's words resonated with a cold truth that sent a shiver down his spine. Her casual disregard for his question about the place they were in only intensified his unease. He studied her, his gaze unwavering as he attempted to gauge the motives and intentions behind her ominous words.

"But you have everything to barter with. Your mind. Body. Soul.

She continued, her words cutting to the core of his being. The reality of his situation was undeniable—he was trapped. Trapped now within a web of transactions and exchanges, each commodity a piece of himself that he might have to relinquish. That seemed to be the 'game' here.
Everything and anything can be bought and sold if you know the right client."

she concluded, her words carrying a sense of calculated detachment that sent a chill down his spine. The notion of being treated as a mere commodity, a pawn to be traded, was a disturbing thought that challenged his sense of autonomy and identity. It challenged him in a way that left him bewildered and uneasy.

"But now? Stories. Your life, and it's story. That can buy you some comfort before your tests begin."

Her words pierced the air, and he felt a mixture of curiosity and trepidation. The idea of sharing his story as currency was both curious and disconcerting. He had stories to tell, tales of survival, escape, and the untamed wilds of Ryloth. His life's narrative held secrets, fears, and dreams that were his alone to bear. The thought of offering that in exchange for even a modicum of comfort in this unfamiliar setting was a choice that weighed heavily on him.

"And what happens after the tests?" he questioned, his tone laced with a blend of curiosity and caution.

He thought about his past considering it for a time, taking a bit to let the memories wash over him... In the shadowy depths of a moonless night, tragedy struck Kai'lyn's peaceful Togruta tribe. Slavers, driven by greed and malevolence, descended upon their village like vultures seeking prey. The moon's gentle light, which once illuminated their paths, was now replaced by the harsh glare of torches and blaster fire. Kai'lyn's family, like others in their community, fought fiercely to protect their loved ones, but the slavers' cruelty and advanced weaponry overwhelmed their desperate resistance.

Kai'lyn's parents, the pillars of their tribe, were captured and dragged away in chains, destined for a life of unending torment in the mines. The brothers, mere children at the time, were torn from the comforting embrace of their home and thrust into the abyss of a world defined by cruelty and despair.

Transported to Coruscant, the sprawling metropolis of towering structures and neon lights, Kai'lyn and his brother found themselves entangled in the merciless grip of the slavers' web. Forced to navigate the city's crowded streets, they were transformed into tools for thievery and pickpocketing, tasked with snatching credits and valuables from unsuspecting citizens. Their days were a cruel blur of fear and exhaustion, their nights a chilling reminder of their lost family and freedom.

Battered by the callousness of their captors, the brothers clung to one another, their bond serving as a source of strength amidst the dark times in this bizarre new world that was frightening. The slavers cared nothing for their well-being, treating them as commodities to be exploited and discarded. Yet, despite the harshness of their circumstances, Kai'lyn's spirit remained unbroken.

Amidst the oppressive gloom of their existence, a glimmer of hope appeared in the form of Jedi intervention. A swift and decisive strike by the Jedi Order shattered the slavers' hold on Coruscant. The chaotic clash between lightsabers and blaster fire created an opening for escape, and amidst the turmoil, Kai'lyn seized the opportunity.

Amidst the chaos and confusion, his heart pounding with a mixture of fear and determination, Kai'lyn managed to slip away from his captors' clutches. The city's sprawling labyrinth became his refuge, and he evaded capture through a combination of agility, intuition, and luck. In the end, he had emerged from the urban maze, free from the shackles that had bound him for so long.

With newfound freedom, Kai'lyn embarked on a journey to try and find his family. Drawn by a whisper of destiny, he found himself on the planet Ryloth, a world as vibrant and tumultuous as his own past. Here, amidst the sweeping landscapes and vast horizons, he was following that quiet drive that lead him to hear striving for survival. He wasn't sure if he should share any of this with Sofiel.

"I am lost... I don't have any pleasant story to tell. " He concluded softly thinking about it. "Suffering, misery, and action. That is the life I know. "

Sofiel Sofiel

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

"It is a life known, and thus, a life worth some comfort. Of course, you needn't tell me anything and just sit here without comfort." The figure shrugged their shoulders, but by the smile on their face they truly expected the story regardless. More than that, she was demanding it, in her own way. She leaned forward, hands casually folded together as she rested her chin atop them. Waiting, at least for a moment.

"After the tests? You learn. I teach you everything I think you need to know. I make you the perfect tool for my use. Or, you make yourself a Sith in the process. It is your duty to take what I teach you and become something more than what I want you to be."

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Sofiel Sofiel

Kai's brow furrowed as he processed the figure's words, her expectations hanging in the air. A sense of unease settled within him, unsure of the path that lay ahead but feeling compelled to share his story nonetheless. He hesitated for a moment, his gaze shifting slightly as if contemplating whether his tale held any value in this exchange. Ultimately, he seemed to concede to her silent demand, his voice soft and tinged with a mixture of hesitation and resignation.

"I don't know what a sith is..."
He mumbled, his voice almost lost in the echoes of his own thoughts. The weight of his past bore down on him, but as if guided by an unspoken need to unburden himself, he finally began to speak.

"I was taken from my tribe, my family..." The words carried a sense of sorrow, the memories resurfacing like scars that still pained him. He paused, as if gathering the strength to continue, before recounting the heart-wrenching details of his separation from his loved ones.

"They killed my mother and captured my father. We were separated... I don't know what they did with the adults and elders they didn't kill... But I remained with the young and my brother. We were moved around and kept in cages like animals. Occasionally we would be let out to do their bidding. To be unseen and to bring them items of value and wealth, sparkly things or currency." The pain in his voice was palpable, the grief and anger woven into each syllable. He continued, recounting the grim reality of his captivity—the cages, the deprivation, the brutal competition for sustenance, and the fear that hung like a shadow over their lives.

"Food was scarce and given to those who brought the most sparklies back. We were marked with implants. Running didn't help they would find us quickly if we tried to escape. Those of us who refused weren't given food, and those of us who fought back were hurt. I was separated from my brother and my childhood friends. They didn't like keeping us together in the same groups for too long and would move us around. It was hard to build trust or friendship. You never knew who would warn them if you were planning to leave. We lived like animals driven by competition for the basic needs of survival. Compliance and obedience were demanded if you didn't want to draw their ire." His tone held a bitter edge, a stark contrast to his usual wild demeanor. As he spoke, the vivid imagery of his past painted a picture of the desperation and oppression he had endured.

Kai's narrative carried a mixture of vulnerability and defiance as he described the measures taken to control them—the implants, the isolation, the constant shifting, and the mistrust that permeated their makeshift community. He spoke with an unexpected eloquence, weaving words of pain and resilience into a tale of his experiences.

As he recounted the arrival of the strangers with powers akin to his mother's, his voice shifted slightly, infused with awe and disbelief. His escape during the chaos of battle was a turning point, a moment of liberation that he couldn't help but savor in the retelling.

"Strangers came... strangers with powers like my mother. They fought with our keepers with weapons that glowed bright and seared hotter than fire embers.... I took my chance and ran during the confusion and fighting. I ran and I didn't look back. " he continued, his voice tinged with a touch of melancholy. He described the gradual transition from the confined cities to the untamed wilderness, his emotions echoing the relief he felt in the embrace of nature.

" I found my way to food and was quiet enough to go unnoticed aboard the sky bird that carried foods. The shipment was sent here and I saw the wilds again. I'm not sure where I am but it felt good to be out of the odd cities that were cramped and void of nature. no loud sounds, no bright signs, no violent task master demanding more and giving less. Once I was in the forest... I felt..." His voice faltered, carrying the weight of an unspoken longing.

"Free..." The word hung in the air, heavy with the bitter-sweetness of a taste he had finally savored after enduring so much.

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

"Weapons of light.. Blades, perhaps? Like-" Sofiel raised a hand. From nothing came the most basic of Lightsabers, and a red blade erupted from the hilt to cover the shadows around them in a dull, bloody glow. "This?" The story alone answered quite a few questions she'd had just from watching. Her eyeless face seemed to watch the blade before she casually tossed it up, and it faded into a cloud of nothingness shortly after.

"It sounds like you take after your mother. You have power. You're faster and stronger than a normal person. You sense danger when you don't see it. You even froze those lizards. The Force, is what it's called. I have been honest with you, as you have with me, so I will give you one piece of information for free."

The shadows twisted around them. Reality changed. A room of pure luxury, with the finest looking bed money could buy. A banquette hall with a seemingly unending supplies of food. An army of dark clad figures bowed and kneeling before them.

"My goal isn't for you to be my pet or my tool. You must take everything you can that I give you. Trade everything you can to get more while not trading the things you don't. You will be free, once you're strong enough to make it so. Everything you see and more will be yours, once you learn how to take it. Do as I ask of you, earn your keep, and I will keep you just alive enough to learn. Though, it won't be easy. And if you can't keep up, if you loose your ambition, I will discard you as a used tool."

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Kai'lyn's attention was drawn to Sofiel's words, his eyes fixed on her as she raised her hand and conjured a lightsaber, its red blade casting a bloody glow around them. He watched in awe as the weapon appeared seemingly out of thin air, a symbol of power that resonated with bis own experiences. The casual toss and subsequent disappearance of the lightsaber only added to the mystique of the moment, and his caution towards Sofiel.

He couldn't help but be captivated by the display, his curiosity piqued.

As the shadows shifted and reality transformed around them, Kai'lyn's eyes widened in wonder and disbelief. The luxurious room, the opulent banquet hall, the obedient figures bowing before them—it was a scene that contrasted starkly with the harsh reality he had known. His heart raced, a mix of awe and skepticism churning within him.

The weight of Sofiel's words settled heavily upon him, each syllable carrying both promise and caution. Her assertion that he wasn't to become her pet or tool resonated deeply, aligning with his fierce sense of independence. The notion that he had the power to grasp more than survival intrigued him, and yet, a healthy skepticism lingered. The images before him, while tantalizing, felt like a distant dream, something almost too good to be true. And to Kai'lyn, they were too good to be true.

Her offer, to provide him with the means to secure his own freedom and to master the power within him, was both alluring and daunting. He understood the implicit challenge—to prove himself, to rise above his circumstances, and to become a force to be reckoned with. The stakes were high, and the path ahead was uncertain.

Kai'lyn's eyes bore into Sofiel's avatar, his expression that of caution. He had survived a life of captivity and hardship, his spirit unbroken even in the face of adversity. He had tasted freedom and had no intention of relinquishing it again. The offer before him was a double-edged sword—a chance to grasp his destiny or risk becoming expendable once more.

His voice, tinged with a mix of defiance and newfound purpose, broke the silence that hung between them. "I've fought to be free once before. I won't be anyone's tool or pawn again." The fire in his eyes matched the intensity of his words, his resolve unshakable.

"Your words hold power, but I'll measure them against your actions. If you truly want me to take everything you can offer, then I'll do just that. But know this: I won't lose sight of who I am, and I won't let ambition consume me. I'll become strong, on my own terms." His voice was a declaration, a promise to himself as much as a response to her.

Sofiel Sofiel

Last edited:

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

"It's not my actions that will be measured, apprentice." The shadows fell across the room again, the empty, limitless void that Sofiel called home. Still, she smiled, a real smile this time. Not that it was a comforting smile in the slightest. "Your test will begin shortly. I have high hopes for you, boy. But you must earn your place. There is a darkness on this world I want you to investigate. Find the source, make that power yours. Only then will you be allowed to start clawing your way to the top."

Everything had to be earned. Including the chance to grow.

"First, though, comfort. You paid for a comfort. What would you like?"

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Sofiel Sofiel
Kai'lyn's response came effortlessly; He needed no time to contemplate his answer; it flowed from him with a raw honesty. "Freedom," he declared, the word encapsulating his deepest yearning

With his declaration, he began to move within the strange and unsettling expanse that surrounded him. His steps were purposeful. He paced back and forth like a caged beast, his movements embodying the untamed spirit that defined him. The energy he exuded was that of defiance, a silent demand for the autonomy he had been denied for too long.

"Let me go," he stated once more, the words carrying a steely resolve. He prowled within the confines of this surreal environment like a giant cat, his movements fluid and calculated, like a predator sizing up its enclosure—just as a caged predator seeks its freedom, so did Kai'lyn yearn to break free from the bonds that held him.

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

"Freedom?"

Sofiel blinked in surprise. Then laughed. She doubled over with an almost unholy laugh. "You know, fine. That's alright." The shadow of the world twisted then. That clawing sensation reached out, grasping at his very form as the image of the Sith distorted. All save for the red of her eyes at least.

"I'll let you go, for now. Go back to devouring lizards for scraps. See the worst people have to offer again. Let yourself be chained until you find yourself truly yearning for freedom again. Real freedom, child, for only the Force will set you free and break your chains."

The dark forest from before returned in view as Kai was unceremoniously dumped onto the ground by Vorthruz. It's white mask realigned as it stared down again at him, and Sofiel's voice once more echoed from within it.

"Remember this. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, we gain strength. Through strength, power. Through power, victory. And through victory, our chains are broken." For a brief moment Vorthruz opened again, and a small amulet dropped from within.

"Go find this freedom you think you're going to get. When you realize the truth I offer, simply call for me, child. And I will answer."

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Sofiel Sofiel
Kai'lyn's gasp of surprise escaped his lips as he was abruptly transported, his surroundings shifting to something more recognizable. He felt a mix of astonishment and momentary disorientation, like a traveler suddenly finding themselves in a place they had been longing for. His surroundings were now more relatable, and he instinctively brushed himself off as he rose to his feet.

As his gaze fell upon an unfamiliar object before him, he reached down and picked it up, his fingers grasping its cautiously. The curiosity within him was evident as he examined the item, his eyes scanning its details while his mind was preoccupied with a more pressing question.

"Where... is the darkness on this world you want me to conquer?" he inquired. The opportunity to confront the source of this darkness was a chance to prove his mettle, to demonstrate that he was worthy of the power and freedom she had alluded to.

His question held a genuine intent to understand the task at hand.

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

"The darkest part of this forest. Where not even the night stars can reach. You'll find the source there. Once you find it and make it yours, don't hesitate to contact me, mm?" There was an almost singsong point to her voice as it echoed through Vorthruz. "It's your task to find it, after all. That's the only bit of help I'll give. Just.. Feel. You sensed the danger of Vorthruz here, mm? Follow that sensation."

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Kai'lyn's senses came alive in the unfamiliar forest. He focused on scents, sounds, and shadows. Sofiel's guidance echoed, directing him toward the darkness she wanted him to conquer. Gripping the strange object she gave him, he understood its importance.

He pondered what he sought, knowing he carried a significant task. Determined, he felt the ground beneath him and absorbed the forest's energy. With a nod, he set off, moving stealthily through the underbrush. He embraced the darkness, guided by instinct, seeking the danger Sofiel mentioned.

As he ventured deeper, he reeated to himself aloud...
"The darkest part of the forest, where the stars can't reach. I'll find the source and make it mine." The words held a promise, a pact he was making not only with Sofiel but with himself.

Her guidance to follow the sensation he had felt, the primal instinct that had warned him of danger, resonated with him. It was a trail of intuition he was willing to follow, a beacon that would lead him to the heart of the darkness she spoke of. He stood ready, the object in his hand serving as a reminder of his purpose.

Sofiel Sofiel

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

"Good."

It was a deal, then. A pact truly struck. There was a tone to her voice that almost sounded like joy. Likely the closest a being like her could get, in any case. Vorthruz shrunk back then, back into the usually sized bird before it spread it's wings to take off into the night sky. Sofiel still had her flowers to get, after all. If the boy survived, she would expect him to do so on his own. That in it's own way was the trial.

The forest stretched on for seeming eternity. The forever night of the planet truly left it in shadow. It was a breeding ground for all manner of creatures adapted to it, and yet the further he went to follow that sensation she'd tasked him to find, the less wildlife he'd actually find. Trees grew twisted and knarled. Thorned and menacing, as if trying to keep people out as a barrier. Even further past that though everything changed.

Life simply stopped living. The very earth soured and rotted, changing the menacing barrier that once seemed to protect some secret treasure to one that hid shame. And at the core of it all, a gaping wound in the ground. It seemed to seem miasma with how clotted it was with the Dark.

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Kai'lyn followed the peculiar sensation, a sense of unease gripping him the nearer he drew. The darkness he traversed was unlike any he had encountered before, a deeper and more unsettling void. His feline-like eyes adjusted to the lack of light, yet this darkness felt more ominous.

Navigating through the rugged landscape, he used his passive echolocation to scan his surroundings, his senses heightened to a level of caution. Every step he took, he could feel the tension in his muscles, the alertness in his stance. Something about this place felt profoundly unnatural, a stark departure from the usual rhythms of nature.

His ears twitched, picking up on the faintest of sounds, his keen senses seeking to decipher the intricacies of the darkness. He sensed the absence of life, the way the animals avoided this heart of darkness. Sniffing the air cautiously, he strained his vision, attempting to pierce the veil of obscurity that shrouded the epicenter.

As he moved closer, his cautious chitters filled the air, a soft rhythm to help him gain insight in the obscured environment. Uncertainty loomed, but with courage he pushed forward. Stepping into the dense miasma, he ventured into the heart of the wound ready to confront whatever lay within.

Sofiel Sofiel

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

No movement, no sign of life, Just an empty chasm as far as his senses could feel. At least until he started to make his way within. The Darkness that permeated throughout clung to his skin like a wet, cold blanket. The feeling of suffocation, the lack of air. There was no chance anything was left alive here. At least until the corners of the room deep within seemed to shift on their own. Without his natural sense he probably wouldn't have even seen it.

But as he entered the chamber, he'd quickly realize he wasn't alone.

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Sofiel Sofiel

Hyper attuned he shifted to follow the moving object and his claws were raised defensively and he chittered to get a better idea of size and distance and even a semblance of shape of whatever.... it was. He stiffened ready to pounce.

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

A hollow mask of a face shifted from just outside where he could see. Sunken cheeks, hollow eyes. Skin pulled taunt over bone. At one point it'd been a living face. Now, just a skeletal reminder. With vines writhing through it. A hollow screech echoed throughout the cavern as it shambled more fully forward in the darkness. A humanish body, at one point. Vines rippled all across it's body, acting both as muscle and bone as it shambled a couple steps.

Then took off in a full sprint at a rather alarming speed as it threw it's full weight for the child in an animalistic fury.

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

Sofiel Sofiel

Kai'lyn sensed danger as the skeletal figure charged at him. He met the threat head-on, teeth bared and growling like a wild creature. As it lunged, he used the Force to amplify his strength and speed, narrowly evading the charge. However, he became entangled in some vines, momentarily trapped.

Reacting swiftly, a fierce look shone in his eyes. His hands and feet sported elongated ardent claws, glistening with an inner fire. With a primal snarl, he tore at the vines ensnaring him, his claws slicing through the fibrous restraints.

Brotherhood_Div.png
Familiar.png

The vines writhed. Then moved. They didn't just tangle, they purposefully tried to wrap around the boy as he found himself in their grasp. They squeezed, very much alive and dangerous as the shambling corpse turned to try and pounce upon him. It screeched. A pained screech as sharpened claws ripped through the vines. It angrily flailed, rotten looking fists slamming around to batter and throw the boy through the room itself.

Kai'lyn Kai'lyn

The togruta was removed but briefly, as claws ranked across whatever they could reach. He bounded straight back towards the mysterious creature barreling forward and throwing himself at the monster. Kai'lyn latched on to the main mass digging the claws on his toes into the side sections working his way up to its 'rib cage' where he buried them, affording him some stability as he continued to tear and rend with his claws and fangs ripping sections off in a vicious feral manner.

Sofiel Sofiel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom