Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest EU bull

Jsc

Disney's Princess
It's a double-edged sword. Without George, no Star Wars. With George, Prequels. I've long since accepted such hypocrisies inherent to the genre. Doesn't mean I've stopped bitching them though. Lol. :D

The prequels themselves weren't so bad. Even Phantom Menace wasn't terrible. It was a downturn in quality, but the relentless onslaught of EU items means we've covered practically every day from A New Hope to after the Vong in excruciating detail.

@[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

So many likes!

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

But haven't you heard about the lost Aztec army that has assumed direct control over Mexico and is now bound to take Spain with a massive fleet and sacrifice those dastardly Spaniards to the God Huitzilopochtli?

Revan was alright in KotoR. Did not much care for the character, but afterwards he was just turned into an uber-god. Which is ridiculous considering Revan barely accomplished anything as a Sith lord! As for the Sith Empire of TOR...I can buy exiles running off and recreating their old empire on the fringes. I can't buy them waiting for 1300 years and suddenly returning to go on a conquest spree with the best tech and the Sith Emperor was just a cliched gloater and the developers tried too hard to make it resemble Palpy's Empire.

My personal theory is that the Sith Emperor once gazed into a future and saw a powerful, all-conquering empire...Palpy's. And he was so desperate to be just like him and rule the Galaxy that he tried to copy it. So, yeah, it's because the man has a massive inferiority complex because he's just not as good.

And, yeah, Vong. Never been keen on them.

As for uber powers, I don't mind them that much in principle...long as there's limits. Someone's awesome at illusions and can fool people into butchering their friends? Swell, but powers like that would be taxing and you can't expect that person to be an awesome combatant as well. Bit hard to cast complex sorcery in the middle of a battlefield. Someone can throw tanks and tears down buildings? I seriously doubt that person will have much of a clue about illusions and battle meditation. Uber gods who are great at everything are Boring Invincible Heros and unrealistic and force storm isn't something you can spam, contrary to what games might suggest.

Moreover, their powers didn't stop Jedi from getting mowed down by battle droids in the arena on Geonosis. Or save them from Order 66.

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
The reason everyone loves Revan is that all the non-RPers got to play a character and got the experience of leveling him to be a beast. Everyone falls in love, and producers decide that more Revan stuff would sell (the supply and demand mentioned earlier in the thread).
So yeah, a pretty interesting character is over-developed because fans love him. Not the first time, won't be the last (unfortunately).

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
Tracyn Ordo said:
Revan, is one of the most badass dudes I can think of.
And why? Because for those twenty levels, he was you.* You got to BE Revan, to fight his fights and choose his powers and talk to his companions. So did everyone who played the game, and most left with this same thought on their minds - which leads into my previous post.

*This is, of course, assuming that you think he's such a beast because you played KOTOR, not just from hearing about it, looking out up, or reading the graphic novel.

Thomas Hunter said:
leveling him to be a beast
*her

Thomas Hunter said:
fans love him.
*her

Tracyn Ordo said:
Revan, is one of the most badass dudes I can think of.
*chicks

Thomas Hunter said:
he was you
*she

Thomas Hunter said:
he's such a beast
*she

Revan, as originally designed, was gender-neutral. If you're taking "his" canon into account, he went insane and was totally useless from both a Jedi and a Sith standpoint. If you're looking at it solely from the perspective of Kotor, then Revan was whoever you wanted her/him to be. For me, Revan was a raven-haired warrior queen who shared shy, flirty eyes with Juhani while butchering a galaxy of hostilities.

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
Touche, but that only reinforces my point. As you said, Revan was whoever you wanted Revan to be. That went away when they canonized "him", since they needed to make a definite version to be in the aforementioned comics, etc.
My apologies if I offended anyone with using masculine pronouns, I'm just more used to using it from discussing the canon Revan, and only one of my playthroughs was female.

This is a rant I won't be going into in this thread. This thread is about Star Wars EU that we don't like, and I won't sidetrack it any more than we already have. Suffice it to say that that's a subject I will rant about for hours with limited provocation, and let's get back on topic.

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
Yeah, we've hijacked it enough as it is.

Anyway, Darksaber was also a bit bs. Where in the world galaxy hutts get those kinds of resources is beyond me.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Revan aside.... He'll have to wait and see, if everything is on the table dear god han Solo fighting zombies should stay it makes his comment about "A lot of strange things" have some more weight or the Mindharp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom