Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Big Trouble For Little Padawans

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"If they know we're here you need to get out of the system and we need to run." She was panicking now. Somewhat. Iris was doing her best to keep her emotions in check as she guided them through the vents, but they were coming. Their way out was going to get blocked if they didn't hurry. Trying to manage him at the same time was only going to make that that much harder.

"Or at least tell me where the people are coming from. If we have to fight, just- I guess- Ah crap things are really going south!"

Best laid plans, or such. She took a breath as she made it to the first vent they came in from. No being slow this time, she reached a hand up and blasted the cover right off. No more stealth.

"Okay! We get out, we run! Call your armor!"

Zoar Zoar

With a great effort, Zoar made the difficult decision to pull back. His mind returned to his body, and he quickly started moving under his own volition, scrabbling to keep up with the quick padawan. "I'm out!"

It was then he realized that Iris was beginning to falter. The unflappable persona that he'd seen before dropped. It was a little scary on his end, as he realized the plan had quickly went sideways. As Iris blasted the cover off the vent, Golem was already stomping towards them. Zoar darted out as it got closer, jumping into the suit and taking full control, suddenly feeling much better in his ten-foot mech. He could take on a hundred thugs.

Which he hopefully wouldn't have to do today.

//Hey!// he shouted, his voice returning to a semi-robotic quality, as his sensors began to pick up movement nearby. Eight armed guards, with more on the way, getting into position. //We're gonna be fine! I'm gonna be fine, and you're gonna be fine! Stay behind me or find cover, and trust the Force.//

- Iris Arani Iris Arani -

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris scrambled out of the vent with Zoar, already reaching for her lightsaber. The rules were simple. No lightsaber, no Force, not where it could be seen. If they knew they were dealing with Jedi, things would go wrong very quick, in the long run. Not in the short run. What should she do? How should she protect Zoar? Should she forgo it all? In the panic of her thoughts, she didn't notice the suit until it landed.

The Padawan blinked.

Then smiled. Right. They were going to be fine. She nodded quick, moving to hide behind the mech suit. No Force. No lightsaber. But they could do this. Protect Denon, like Corin Trenor Corin Trenor asked of her. "Okay. We run. Don't stop for anything, understood?" She let go of her hidden saber. Tightened her fists. No paint grenades this time. Just her fists. This was going to be fine.

The big suit of armor certainly helped bolster her confidence, anyway.

"Go!"

Zoar Zoar

"Okay. We run. Don't stop for anything, understood?"

//I stop if you stop,// the suit said firmly, already beginning it's retreat. //So don't stop!//

If Iris thought for a second that he, the heavily-armored mech-pilot, would leave the padawan who barely went up to it's waistline, she had another thing coming. But as long as Iris ran, he would too, concealing his greatsaber all the way.

But the suit wasn't the fastest. As the two padawans tore their way across Denon trying to escape, weaving between alleyways and tall buildings, the guards eventually caught up, raising their blasters to take pot-shots at the pair. A few stray shots sunk into the heavy plating of his back.

Minimal damage. Good. Not good that they were in range, though.

//I can't outrun 'em! We're gonna have to either get creative, or get punchy!//

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris didn't hesitate. She leaped forward as the first guard came into view. Here in the alleys, in cover.. Her foot swung around, slamming into the side of the man's head, sending him careening into the nearby wall. She couldn't outwardly use the Force or her lightsaber, but she could still dodge. Fight. She dipped under the next blaster shot, swinging a fist up for the woman's chin. Wasn't enough to knock her out, but the following kick was.

This was way easier with paint, though. The clouds made it so much easier.

"Creative is good! Get to the roofs!"

Zoar Zoar

Zoar had said it before. He would stop if Iris did.

And she stopped to punch a few people. So he would as well.

The enormous set of power armor turned on a heel, barreling into a pair of armed combatants, tossing them aside as one might throw a sack of flour. Zoar brought a plated arm up to block a smattering of blaster bolts, and swinging his upper body around in a full three-sixty to sweep the thug off her feet.

Iris suggested they escape to the rooftops. Zoar couldn't agree more.

//Going up!// The Miln found a low building, and began to scale it, using his suit's magnetic feet. In no time, he had a birds eye view. //C'mon!,// the suit shouted, a wrist blaster popping up from his arm, and taking warding shots at the guards, attempting to give the smaller padawan a chance to join him.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Suppressing fire was a welcome relief. Iris jumped up the moment the others weren't able to fire, disappearing over the ledge. Was it enough to show she might be more than she seems? Probably, but right now they needed to get gone. And the rooftops would make that easy enough. She flashed a brief grin before leading the way across the rooftops. Paint symbols, scattered here and there, lead the way. Her paint. Her marks.

She knew these rooftops. Before they knew it, they were away. Back at her hideout.

Iris just about doubled over as she barreled through the door, heaving breaths of air to try and fill her lungs.

"Haa.. Made it..!" She fell forward, rolled on her back, and just started to burst out into laughter. "We made it! We did it!"

Zoar Zoar

//Dude, that was intense!//

Zoar stomped into the hideout after Iris, armor blackened by pockmarked carbon scouring, an occasion spurt of sparks erupting from the side of his neck. None of that seemed to hamper the Miln's good mood, brought on by the adrenaline high he was experiencing.

//I can't believe we did that! I was so scared, but also, like, kinda excited? And you took out those guards so smoothly, no weapons, no armor, no tech, no nothin'!// Zoar sighed. //Padawan Arani, you're so cool.//

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris blinked in surprise. Then kinda blushed and laughed, rubbing at the back of her neck. Cool? That wasn't something she'd been called before. After a moment she'd sit up, the grin back in full force. "Oh yeah? But what about you? You got out of your suit to run through the vents and hack the systems with your mind. That's beyond cool! And how the suit came down and you just tanked all those shots! I'm kinda annoyed at you for not listening like you agreed to but it was so awesome to see!"

Zoar Zoar

//Hey, I said if you didn't run, I didn't run,// he returned, although he couldn't keep the smile from his voice.

The mech seemed to hide it's face from Iris' compliments, ducking under a massive metal hand.
//Oh, well... I wasn't...// The Miln's high-pitched voice sped up. //That was the suit and my neural implants doing most of the work, I just use 'em, buttheyareprettycoolIguess...//

//You faced all of the same stuff without any tricks. Au natural! Like a real... um, really great Jedi.//
The suit rubbed the back of it's head.

//My first official mission is a success, thanks to you. So... thank you.// If a mechanical mask could smile...

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Ahh about that." Iris was all grins up until the last thing he said. A more nervous, embarrassed smile took over as she scratched her cheek. All the compliments, all the pride she felt, all fell to the wayside all at once.

"You can't tell people. About this. For the others, we can't talk about it. .. And technically I don't think the Master's would approve. But these people need help, so- .. If you feel you need to report to the master's about it, do so. I don't mean to tell you you can't tell anyone if you're uncomfortable keeping secrets."

Zoar Zoar

Zoar's joy at being alive transitioned to confusion, as his neck sparked once more.

//I'm not supposed to...?// The Miln paused to think about it. //I-I don't get it. We helped a community of people, and did it without putting them in danger. Why wouldn't the Masters like that?//

Zoar tried to be a model padawan. Save for a few glaring weaknesses he made up for with technology. Blatantly going against the Order was not something he liked doing.

//Don't worry, I won't- I won't say anything. Or I'll... ah... make something up!// The Miln's suit straightened up, sparking again. //The Jedi saved me from Denon. I want to pass along that kindness.//

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris's nervous smile now just turned to a frown as she watched the colors around him. She nodded slowly, glancing around to the papers here. "The one I'm here helping asked me not to tell anyone, and to only involve people I trust. I trust you. .. And I trust your judgement. If you think we should tell the Master's, I agree."

Zoar Zoar

Zoar's suit regarded Iris with a stoic uncertainty. //I don't like hiding things from the Order. They've been through the ringer longer than us, if anything, they would be able to help these people way more than us paddies.//

The suit backed away from the center of the room, the uncertainty still present.
//But... I trust you, too." The Miln slowly exited his mech, wringing his paws nervously, as he got to work fixing Golem.

It was a show of mutual faith, as tools materialized in his hands from the body of the suit, and he began digging into the mechanics of Golem's neck. "If you think I should keep this to myself, I will."

He shrugged, chuckling nervously. "I don't have a master to tell, anyways. So don't worry. Nobody'll hear it from me."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Could they? Could they really help more people?

From what Corin Trenor Corin Trenor had told her, from what she'd seen first hand, official law had their hands tied six ways from Sunday. If they couldn't act on their own planet, could a Jedi really be free to do what they just did to sabotage the Giggledust front? That was a question she needed answered, but she had no idea who to even ask or where to even start. A sigh of relief escaped her at Zoar's agreement, though.

"It's not- We're not alone here. I can at least introduce you to the one who got me on this path here. When they're free, and, well. When they agree to. They did ask me to find others anyway, and you're beyond fantastic. Just gotta find the time."

She smiled faintly, though her brow did knit together for a moment. No master? .. There were a lot of Jedi with no masters these days. As much as she was tempted to, she couldn't even over her own. Valery had enough on her plate.

"I'm sure you'll find a Master, soon."

Zoar Zoar

Zoar shrugged, keeping his eyes down on his work, as he began to meticulously pick apart the shoulder of his suit to fix it. "Sure. I can... meeeeet someone new... Anything I can do to help these people. That's our job, as Jedi." He nearly cringed away at the idea of interacting with another soul. His social battery was completely fried.

At the mention of masters taking it's natural course, Zoar shook his head, his tail curling protectively around his leg. "Nonono, I d-don't know if I even want a master." He pointedly returned his attention to Golem.

"I've got a really specific thing that I do, and I don't know if any Jedi really get it." He frowned, disguising his expression by sticking his head into his machine. "Even if there is a Master out there for me, I like being alone. Having someone always there... judging me... I don't know if I could handle that."

Yet, he was here, not being alone. And kinda liking it.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Mm. It's your choice, ultimately. I think. Maybe the Council might say something about it, I'm not sure. But.. I wouldn't be who I am without Master Noble. She taught me.. Everything. How live as a person. But she didn't just teach me. We taught each other different things. I taught her the value of Mercy, no matter how dark someone might be. .. It's important, I think. Just to have someone there who can show you thinks you might never have thought of." She nodded once before moving towards the board of scattered thoughts, pictures, the like.

".. Hey, you think you can set up a surveillance system for me, by chance?"

Zoar Zoar

As Iris spoke, Zoar's attention drifted away from his hands, as he fully faced her, listening quietly. As much as he would like to deny it, he maybe sorta longed for that kind of relationship with someone. Being taught, and teaching right back. Having someone you trust, to go to with problems. Being trusted in return...

One of Zoar's disk-shaped ears twitched, and he looked away, back to his work. He'd been staring. "Yeah, well... Maybe some day... I'll think about it."

First, he wanted to be a Jedi worth mentoring.

On her question about security, Zoar nodded emphatically. "Oh, definitely. Easy. Done." He began quibbling. "Well, not done yet, obviously, but it's- I'll do that, yeah."

He began reattaching pieces of Golem, at the same breakneck pace he'd taken it apart. "Thank you, Iris. For being so nice to me today, and supportive. It means a lot."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"It's okay to want that, you know."

As ever, the colors never lied to her. She didn't even need to look his way to know how he was feeling. She laughed, though, seeming to not even think of the original topic as he started to quibble on about the security. "Take as much time as you need. I want this place to be safe, in case we have to run here. Or, run here with someone injured. That's more the worry."

No lightsabers, no Force. She wasn't so foolish to think someone wasn't going to end up hurt. She paused her bookkeeping though, blinking as she looked towards him. Then smiled.

"We're Jedi. And we're friends. I'll always be here to support you."

Zoar Zoar

Iris' insight was... uncannily accurate. Zoar slowly hid behind Golem, as if breaking line of sight would stop the padawan from seeing his inner thoughts. "Nah, I d-don't reeeally want a master. But if someone else wanted that from me, I guess I could see myself, maybe, with a mentor like that. Theoretically."

The mouse doth protest too much, methinks.

"We're Jedi. And we're friends. I'll always be here to support you."

"Cool," the Miln said, quickly losing his. "Cooooolcoolcoolcoolcool..."

Zoar had, quite literally, never had someone call him a friend before. Maybe if he continued hiding, Iris wouldn't see just how happy that made him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom