Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Better Days

Denon/Seven Corners District
Night/Cloudy

sebastian-duran-cyberpunk-thief.jpg

Despite everything going on, Denon was still acting the same. The different classes were still doing their own thing. The gangs were still fighting for their turfs, the corpos were still looking for their next big paycheck, Darkwire was still looking for ways to derail them. The world was still spinning in the exact same way.

However every now and then, something different would happen. Screens would glitch in some areas, just for a second. Sound systems would distort then quickly go back to normal. Cameras started to move on their own the holonet seemed to mess around slightly.

But these odd happenings were borderline irrelevant. Nothing lasted for more than a second before returning to normal.

As a lone Nightsister roamed the streets of Denon, some cameras started to follow her. When she neared an alleyway, a faint, heavily distorted voice called out. "Nezira!"

It was just loud enough to draw her attention. It continued to call out, trying to draw her into the alleyway and then deeper into a lone square between a bunch of buildings. An old, neglected billboard screen hung from one of the walls. It had clearly seen better days, but it was still functional. Only when the Nightsister found it, did the advert flicker away and a heavily digitized face slowly take shape.

Nezira Viresh Nezira Viresh

Nezira didn't exactly know why she had gone to this very loud and noisy place called Denon. Nezira hated the loud and noisy planets as she had a harder time connecting to the nature... and yet, here she was.
Walking through a random street with quite the many thoughts razing through her mind while rolling the newly added amulet to her collection of talismans. She kept wondering if she made the right choice by binding her very essence to this powerful and ancient Nightsister spirit.

Flaring her magick, the green mist-like smoke danced ever so peaceful around her hand as she let the Ichor flow freely through her. A faint smile formed as she looked at her arms. The dull glowing pulsing scars on her arms had been stopped right before hitting her shoulders with a few lonely cracks in the skin slithered just over the shoulders.

As she extinguished her magick, dropping the flow of the Ichor, she was very thankful for the outcome she received from her deal with the old Nightsister spirit. With that said, she was rather aware of the price she paid that day in the cave with Cas.

With a sudden faint, but heavily distorted voice calling out for her, she snapped immediately back to the present and flared her magick again, but this time at full power. No one knew her here, so hearing someone or something mentioning her by name, placed her immediately on high alert. Staring down the alleyway with her bright eyes consumed by the toxic green balls of flames.

People around her took quite the fright of the sudden outburst from the strange-looking girl, sticking out quite a lot and now even more with her magick active. When nothing actually turned up or attacked her, she with caution ventured deeper into the alley. When Nezira stood in the lone square, she extinguished her magick, yet again, looking around the place with her own greyish blue coloured eyes. Siden with her side turned to the billboard, the sudden flickering, made the girl turn her attention to the screen digitizing into a face.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

The face finally became clear, and the golden eyes looked down at Nezira. She was silent for a bit as some nearby cameras turned to study the Nightsister. "Hello, Nezira. It's... been a while." she greeted her softly. Her voice crackled and distorted slightly from the old speakers she was using. But they were clear enough for anyone to still understand. A smile formed on the digitized mask. "You probably don't recognize me like this, right? Gimme a sec." she continued.

The face distorted and a few seconds later a more familiar face appeared on the screen. The more flamboyant face returned after a few seconds. "We haven't seen each other in a long time. I think it's fair to say we both look a little worse for wear." she quipped with a chuckle.

"Between you and me, Denon's the last place I expected to see you. This planet... it's a maze. No forests or anything like that. What made you come to this place?" she asked her with a hint of concern in her voice. In all honesty, she was dancing around the topic that made her call out to the Nightsister in the first place. She remembered what happened the last time they saw each other. That was years ago. They didn't part on any good terms and all, something she regretted ever since. But her recent experiences left Xan in a unique situation. Nezira couldn't tear her apart in anger, which was a pleasant advantage. The other consequence was that Xan realized the value of life.

She didn't have the guts or opportunity to face Nezira when she still had a body. Now it was arguably too late, but she was going to try now that she had the opportunity.

"How have you been, Nez?" she asked her gently.

Having never been to Denon, much less seen anything like a digital face appear and talking to her. She took a step back almost flaring back into her magickal state and tear the screen down, just from it knowing her and she knew not who it was. But the seconds later with the reveal of the more recognisable face made her halt the aggressive action... for now.

Nezira remembered very well that night like it was yesterday... but to be honest, she had moved on, even seeking a romanceable relation to the Jedi Knight Cas Tynen. Honestly, much heavier stuff had been on her mind, than holding on to petty grudges against the woman on the screen. Out of reflects, she clutched her small glowing crystal of neon green colours in the palm of her hand and was attached to leather straps hanging around her neck.

The fresh memories of Cas and her parting ways on a sour break in their friendship, made Nezira turn her back to the screen and started to leave. The Nightsister did not feel like pouring her wrongs and woes to a screen and woman with who she had been in a once sided fight. But, she stopped she realized that she actually didn't have anyone else... she was alone. She could go to her clan, but with how long she had been away from her coven, she felt like a stranger. There was, of course, her Gapping spider companion, but as much as they had a bond, it was still an animal.

Turning around and walking back to face the screen of the flashy face of the old acquaintance, "honestly? Terrible" Said Nezira finally, not really caring anymore. The Nightsister just didn't care that much anymore as she slumped her back up against a crate and slid down into a sitting position.

She had made a deal with an ancient and malicious Nightsister spirit out of fear and necessity for her own survival and Cadere Cadere saw it as wrong and a mistake and then left her. Nezira just sat there and held back a few tears trying to break through her cold exterior.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Nezira was ready to smash the screen and walk away, but she decided against it. Xan was relieved as the Nightsister seemed to calm down and faced her once more. Her words were simple and short, but Xan could pick up every drop of misery in them. She found herself relating to the simple words quite a lot.

"I'm right there with ya, choom." she quipped with a sad smile. There was a long silence between them as Nezira slumped against a crate and Xan thought over her own situation. The only difference was likely what led them both to this pit of misery they were both wading through. Luckily they weren't alone anymore. They were together again, two very different people that found a strange connection once more. Her hologram watched Nezira for a while as she contemplated on what to do. She could throw on some amusing videos, but she doubted that Nez would catch any of them. She wasn't sure what type of music the Nightsister liked so that was off the table as well.

It seemed that talking was the only option left for her.

"Nez..." she started, her voice distorting slightly over the old speakers. "Let it out. The tears, whatever off your chest... just let it out. There's nobody here to judge you, nobody to hide from. Let it out, Nez." she spoke gently and softly as she looked at the girl with sincerity. She threw every chance away to help her friend and be there for her in life. Perhaps now in death... unlife... whatever the kark this was, she could now make things right.

Her image looked around then back to her. "I can see it, Nez. It's eating you up inside. What's up?" she continued gently.

Nezira just sat slumped against the crate with her arms rested on her raised knees as she stared with empty emotions. The pale girl heard the words, "Let it out. The tears, whatever off your chest... just let it out. There's nobody here to judge you, nobody to hide from. Let it out, Nez.", yet she wanted to refuse. As the voice continued to speak, it only made the Nightsister angrier inside as heavily filled tears on the verge of breaking the barrier of sorrow.

When Xan continued to speak, trying to get through the many walls that were on the verge of shattering, Nezira's will started to falter. "Don't! I don't need your pity" She snapped, tightening the iron grip piercing the skin with her nails. To be honest, Nezira was terrified and afraid, but most of all, she was angry. Nezira felt like she was drowning, spiralling into the Nether of despair. Nezira wanted to be angry with Cas, for shunning her away, leaving her to deal with the aftermath of her deal with that spirit.

She wanted to scream and when Xan continued to try and get her to open up, Nezira's final wall of self-hatred cracked into a thousand pieces.

Everything around Nezira started to shake and slowly lift from the ground, an invisible wind of directionless motion made Nezira's clothes billow as well as made the loose patches of hair float. In a snap, Nezira was standing looking at the screen of Xan staring at the face of the digital version of her. Nezira's eyes were gone and instead, a void of blinding green flames stared back at Xan.

Powerful orbs of magickal green flames had consumed Nezira's hands as she just stood there. Nezira's breathing was rapid as streaks of slithered tears made their way down her cheeks. "How could he just leave me like that?! He was supposed to be my friend!" Demanded Nezira aggressively to know while walking away from Xan. In a fit of rage, she started to tear into everything around her, shattering and crushing objects left and right.

Finally, when she turns around to face the cracked screen of Xan, from a small harden crate, nezira also saw her own reflection... more importantly, she saw her own dark path of self-hatred and what she had become. That was it, she couldn't hold it back anymore and stumbled onto her butt and started to cry.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan said nothing as she watched Nezira fight back her emotions. She always hated seeing people in a state like this, trying to hold back their emotions and letting it tear them apart from inside. It was obvious that Nezira was verging her breaking point. She snapped at Xan, paced around and tried her hardest. But when she saw things levitating around Nezira, she knew it was over.

Her magic flared and her robes fluttered as she faced the screen with glowing eyes. Her question flew over Xan's head as the girl started to destroy anything around her. Xan was glad that she didn't take her anger out on the screen or cameras in the alleyway. The girl collapsed to the floor in a sobbing mess and Xan's anger brewed. She wanted to help her, hold her and console her somehow. But she lost that privilege and now she could feel the consequences of her mistakes. She was going to have to do it the hard way.

"Nez... what happened?" She asked the girl with a gentle voice. "Take a deep breath... then tell me who did you wrong." Her face was filled with concern as she stared down at Nezira. The cameras all focused on her battered friend as she tried to figure out what to do to help her. "What I wouldn't do to have a body now..." She muttered, looking away for a moment. She tried to search for Nezira's face to find some trace of what happened to her. Unfortunately she found nothing with substance, only glimpses here and there. She was going to have to ask her to elaborate on something that she probably didn't want to talk about.

Nezira was honestly feeling such a deep self-hatred and it was only the spirit's crystal that held the growing Magickal energy from taking control and destroying the Nightsister. "Cas Tynen..." with a whisper that cracked halfway through.

With a sniff, the girl's red eyes ended up staring into something really as her demeanour started to shift. "It doesn't matter anyway, I can't reverse my deal, and I broke my friendship to Cas," said the Nightsister with a strange coldness to her voice and slowly rose to her feet. She turned to face the screen, examinating Xan's face for the first time, really noticing who it was that was on the screen.

"I remember you now, you crashlanded on my planet many years ago..." began Nezira but stopped, for a second, as she remembered back. "And we met... when you and Cas were together" continued the girl, recollecting their meetings. It was honestly so long ago that she had completely pushed it aside after realizing she and Cas would never be more than friends.

"I can't help you with a body... not sure what you even are, or why I'm even sharing my woes with you in the first place" admitted the pale woman and turned towards to alleyway that would lead to the main street where it still bustled with life. Nezira did stop, right before the alleyway, she stopped and looked back at the screen of Xan to say something, but a new voice broke her silent instead.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

"You are a very hard woman to find, my dear Nightsister" spoke the new voice as a robed individual stepped out of the shadows as if it had been an invisible door. The only thing that was visible under the hood, was the lower part of the man's face with the upper part shrouded in shadows.

With his arms down in a relaxed position, it was clear he didn't fear or saw any of the two ladies as a threat, furthermore, an inquisitive smile formed on his lips. Even as the new stranger showed himself as any kind of thread, every shadow around him, seemed to warp and twist in unnatural ways. Not just the shadows, but the lights in the alley, also started to blink, fighting whatever was influencing it.

"I have a proposition for you young witch," began the stranger, placing both hands behind his back. "I will help you rebuild your broken friendship with the Jedi Knight, Cas Tynen. All I ask is that you teach me your ways, so I may conquer my own race against death" promised the robed stranger with a friendly smile, raising a hand for Nezira to take and shake.

The stranger seemed to ignore Xan for now, as he focused completely on Nezira.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa Nezira Viresh Nezira Viresh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom