Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Benefactors and ritualists (Essence Transfer Machine)

So, I'll admit I already started on a potential submission for this. Essentially, I want Vash to create a 'Phoenix Crematorium' which makes fresh bodies and can, when given access to a sizable amount of energy, through it's dark side connections, and by incinerating the body of the user, transfer one person into a new body.

IC reasons:
1. Vash actually doesn't so much care about personal immortality, he believes he's effectively already achieved immortality thanks to the species he's loosed onto the galaxy. But having the option to extend his life is useful to him, especially after he shortened it due to an experimental species change to Avansas, his own made species.
2. Credits, they're useful for further research and insuring his own comfort. Imagine how many credits could be made by selling an old man or ill person their own youth and health back to them.
3. Just to make sure he could. Vash is easily made to get obsessed with things, and he regularly explores scientific/alchemic expeditions just for the sake of the results. Making a machine that can do what sith struggle with on their own would be to him evidence of his godhood (He regularly inserts himself as a type of god figure to his species, like I said, he's egotistical...and insane.)

OOC reasons:

1. Honestly, just so that I have the option. Whether for Vash or some other character. Sometimes I like a character, but want a change of look or species. Or a serious change to them, but keep the character around. This would leave me that option, whether by just having it done between my own characters or with some other owner.

2. The reason it's in LFG: I like stuff being relevant to other players characters. I like the idea that he got help in making it, even if it's only in funding, or additional resources, or some sith or witch or someone helping in construction. I want there to be somewhere between 2 and 5 of these floating around. (Semi-Unique). We could maybe figure out a way to insure the affiliation is a little flexible if someone didn't want theirs anymore, so we don't have to edit the submission every time. Not sure if the Vault would make that work? If it did, that'd be great. But the vault is very confusing to me personally. Only very recently even tried buying something.

Threading is somewhat option to be honest, I just like the idea that other people were involved in it.

Hope it's actually allowed...it doesn't feel OP since you could just...get a player to do it. This is effectively just flavor-text. Even my second oldest character got someone else to help them get a new body.

The idea of a machine that can essentially rewrite somebody's history entirely is something that Enigma would probably look into, as he already has been the victim of having his psyche and physical body become separate.

Enigma Iuda Enigma Iuda Oh sweet! How do you think he might be involved?

Onrai Onrai That would make sense, and it would also be easy to imagine Vash seeking her out whether for the collaboration of knowledge or for resources.
While normally he would be trying to steal it, Nowadays I think he would be trying to offer technical support and to try and nab a blueprint copy for DarkWire to use :) He's more responsible nowadays haha

While normally he would be trying to steal it, Nowadays I think he would be trying to offer technical support and to try and nab a blueprint copy for DarkWire to use :) He's more responsible nowadays haha
That'd definitely fit just fine, though if you did want to go with getting a copy we could do that. Technical support would be important as I already had in the document that it's very heavy on power consumption.

If you do want a thread and this technology gets approved... I'd be happy to interview you! I could see this being a huge controversy and great media set up
That'd definitely be interesting, never done one of those but it'd make sense in this case for him to actually advertise that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom