Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Beneath the Sands // Jedi Covenant

A Light Shining in Darkness
Korribanlandscape.jpg

Korriban
874ABY

The world was rocked by war once more - with the combined strength of the New Imperial Order and Ashlan Crusade creating swaths of destruction through once Sith space, Korriban was reduced from its temporary glory within the Sith Empire to... Well, Korriban. A tomb world for the Sith, a graveyard for their greatest members; and one that was no longer capable of sustaining life anymore. It was a harsh land, cold, and pox ridden everywhere but the small spaceports that still remained across the planet.​
Wyatt and the Jedi had returned here not for war or hunting down a Sith - but something Wyatt had learned in his time abroad. The Sith Remnants had disappeared with little trace - those like Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf , Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , and even Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia had seemingly gone nowhere - with sparse interactions from them across the galaxy. It was unlike them, and it made Wyatt suspicious. The temporary capital of the Sith Eternal - Korriban had become a temporary holdout for the would be 'Emperor', but he too had made no engagements with the galaxy since its fall to Vulcanus.​
Their ship slowed in atmosphere, and landed with a rattle. Wyatt, sitting in the bay where their speeders were kept - waited for the others to join him. Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire and Valery Noble Valery Noble - two trusted associates, some of the best Jedi he ever knew. His cloak was tight around him, insulation beneath it - and while he waited, he got lost in thought once more. About the Sith, about where they would be going - and what it would mean for them.​

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Before her meditative retreat she used to adjust to the awakening from stasis, Valery had learned about the Sith Empire and their control over the infamous Sith worlds. But during her time away, their Empire had collapsed and many of its followers vanished seemingly without a trace.
The Galaxy had moved on and turned their focus to other large threats, but she could never look away entirely. Her whole life had been about protecting peace against the invading force of the Sith, and they were often at their most dangerous when they looked upon the Galaxy from the shadows. Their former territory had to be looked into more to prevent them from rising to power again.
After several of her own investigations and assignments within former Sith Empire space, the perfect opportunity presented itself to take it a step further. Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga had asked her to join him and a group of other experienced Jedi to look into this hidden threat more deeply, and target potentially dangerous Sith.
Now, this new journey had taken the woman to Korriban alongside Wyatt and Julius.
"I'm ready to get going. Do we have a first destination here?" Valery asked as she joined Wyatt by the speeders. She then reached up to tighten her ponytail and turned her gaze to the bikes with a slight smirk. As terrible as this place felt in the Force, a speeder ride was something she could always enjoy at least a little bit.
n0m34qi.png

When Valery appeared from the confines of the ship's guts, Wyatt couldn't help but to smile. For years he had fought against the Bryn'adul alone while the Jedi aligned themselves with the Imperials - leaving him stranded and scarred. To see another face, friendly as her's was, it still brought him some joy - just enough to force a smile to tug at his lips. He motioned to the speeder that would be hers as he spoke;​
"We do."​
Wyatt moved himself to sit half saddle on his own speeder, turning the knobs and buttons to set it into its pre-ignition. Warming the engines, circulating the tibanna coolant; getting it ready for their long journey ahead. When it was done he would lean on the bike and speak to her again; awaiting the third of their party.​
"Some of my Jedi contacts told me of an underground temple - the Crimson Vault or something. Apparently, it was frequented by the Worm Emperor and the Sepulchral - his sorcerer cast. We're going to investigate it, see if theres any trace of where the big Sith went - and go from there."​
After a moment or two though, he would inquire somewhere deeper;​
'How are you doing, Valery? I understand your responsibilities in the New Jedi Order and Praxeum have been expanding."​
His tone was soft, caring. He spoke to her like a master might a Padawan with a wound - a deep concern betraying the gentle smile he held.​

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
With an elegant motion, Valery moved her leg over her bike and sat down herself so she could check a few of its systems before departure. The last thing she wanted was to get technical issues out there on Korriban. But after a few quick checks, it seemed that the bike had been properly maintained.
"That seems like a good place to start. Not too long ago, I met a Jedi Shadow here on Korriban and we went through an old tomb to purge it of an artifact. Not quite like what we're going after now, but it shows there is a lot out there. Even if we find no real trace of the Sith Empire and its former leaders, removing something tainted from the world will be a good thing."
She then leaned forward a bit, resting on the bike until he spoke up again after a few moments of silence. Thus far, they had only discussed duties and other serious matters, so the more personal question briefly caught her off-guard.
"Well, if I'm being honest, sometimes it feels as if being a Jedi is the easier part of my life." she smirked faintly, "It's a lot of responsibility, especially now, but I've grown up around traditional Jedi, and it's been all I knew for most of my life. It has been a breeze compared to being a mother," she admitted with a weaker smile.
"My personal life has given me a lot of stress and sleepless nights lately, but I think I'm finally getting a grip on things again." She now sat up straight and seemed a bit more relaxed. As difficult as things had been for her recently, she wasn't one to ever give up or complain too much.
"I don't think I've ever asked about your personal life. Or are you the all work type?" she teased with a friendly smirk.
n0m34qi.png

He was glad she was getting ahold of her life - especially if it felt as though it had spiralled someway out of her control, but her question of his own personal life forced a frown on his lips. How long had it been since he'd even considered something outside his duty? How long since he thought of anything but being a Jedi?​
For a long moment, Wyatt was quiet - his eyes were downturned as though searching for the answer on the floor. His arms crossed, but he never gave off more than the slightest hint of disturbance in the force - a nod to his centuries as a Jedi Master. When he spoke, his voice was quiet - but not weak, pained but exceptionally strong.​
"I was a father, but that time has long passed.", he said with a glance to the door.​
"I couldn't tell you which felt more rewarding - that or being a Jedi - but..."​
"I do miss it.", he said with a smile that finally returned to his features - but the subtle sadness in his eyes was prevelent even as he looked at her.​
"I'm happy to hear about your family, Valery. If you ever need anything, I'd do anything in my power for you - or them. As one Jedi to another."​

Jullius had been exploring the new ship since Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill and his daughter had made it for him, from the remnants and ideas of the former Uhl Valvetico. The Bezharl was everything he'd come to expect from Jorus' work, and the fact his daughter helped swelled his heart with pride. Even with selfish motivations of training dealt with, he couldn't erase that pride. Though where the Sullustan pinup in the 'fresher came from did raise an eyebrow for him, but he decided not to question Wyatt's tastes.

He was the last to the speeders, but he came, adjusting armor as he did and let the two talk before clearing his throat to step in, tracing the point of his beard lightly with fingers.

"My son spent his time divided with the Greens and his mothers people on Mandalore. The other to I am only just now getting to know. Misspent youth... But the same goes Valery. I don't tend to leave friends or comrades languishing. And I've a few ideas about leadership and Orders."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom