Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Being Neighborly

• Thread starter Evangeline Tallot
  • Start date

Evangeline Tallot

E
These were all things that Angie of course took notice of. Chanter's frame was in the pathway between herself and the exit - not intimidatingly blocking her way, but noticeably in place. There wasn't a place to sit and chatter unless she wanted to invade his nest of a bed, and that was fairly personal space. They had eaten already, so she couldn't suggest going back to get food or drink, so really at the moment? The pair of them were in some sort of social limbo.

For Angie, it wasn't awkward. She was so used to having Chanter around now, that there was no uncomfortable shuffling, or awkward glances, or anything or the sort. She did hug the blanket a little closer to her frame, but that was only because it was soft, and warm, and she liked the way it felt against the exposed portions of skin on her arms and chest.

She did eventually get a playful look on her face though, once he started shuffling about. "So...is the plan to just stand here and stare at each other for the rest of the evening..?" Not that she mind the idea, but eventually she would need to sit down.

---------------------

Tag: | Chanter Straye Chanter Straye |

Chanter rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed. “I don’t really have a place to sit and the place I sleep… Uh… Won’t cut it. Um…” He shuffled out of the way of the door. “Sorry… Never really had a wo-- er, guest over. Don’t usually do guests-- I mean, you know… You’re the first female that has even offered me food. So, normal stuff is… Kinda not normal… For me.

He winced at that, it came out so embarrassing and he stomped out of the room growling internally. Somehow this was all his bear soul’s fault.

Don’t blame me for the fact you won’t trust my judgement.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
The reaction admittedly caught Angie off guard. She balked - and blushed just a tad when Chanter fumbled over his words, though she smiled through it and pressed the side of her index finger against her lips so that it didn't seem like she was laughing at him. She wasn't after all; but him speaking up about not doing guests? That was hard to leave alone.

At least until he stomped away. That pulled Angie from her reverie and she made a noise in her throat as she followed after him. "Chanter," she called after him, though whether he stopped or not she still followed as far as she needed to. "It was only a question," she told him once she had him in sight again. "I wasn't trying to insult you, or tease you."

It had been an honest enough question after all. Angie found herself needed to sit down more and more, and sleepy much more often than she was ever used to being. So she could only stand around the exchange oxygen for so long before her body demanded to rest. "I can go home now, if you want." she didn't like to see him upset, and she would leave him alone if that's what he wanted.

-----------------------

He sighed heavily and turned to look at her then hanged his head a little. “Didn’t mean to make you think I was angry… Kalos… Has been gnawing at me and its made me touchy.

He couldn’t meet her eyes when he said that, especially as it was about her and he just wasn’t sure how to deal with it. Honestly, he always was garbage at personal things. He always kept his ties to people cut and dry, purely business. It was easier when it was just give and take. But since being taken in he had been so discombobulated and confused.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
Well alright, that at least made more sense. Should it have? Probably not. Most people would have found this explanation confusing and/or terrifying. But for Angie, she had accepted Kalos with Chanter. Granted, in the moment of introduction she had been caught horribly off guard. But over time? She was used to hearing these sorts of things, and as such, this explanation made perfect sense to her.

"What's he bothering you about?" it wasn't uncommon for Angie to ask questions about it, considering she couldn't hear the large bear. She knew the arguments happened, but considering she only ever caught Chanter's side of things? Well, she needed some filling in now and again.

-----------------------

Tell her. Stop being a coward.

Chanter covered his face with a hand and growled, trying to push his beast soul away, but it was a struggle. “You.

Was all he managed to get out, but when he did, the bear sat back instead of fighting. Except that the man turned away, he didn’t have the inner fortitude to weather seeing how she would react to this painful conversation.

The bear on the other hand didn’t think his human half should be so conflicted, so tormented. In his eyes she was exactly what they needed. She was safe. She had accepted them. She was strong. These were things a good mate needed to have, especially in the face of everything they were. He didn’t think they would be rejected, especially since she had been willing to trust them enough to live next to her den. So why then would she toss them out now once she knew of their interest? Foolish human silliness.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
There were times when perhaps Evangeline was a little dense, and now seemed to be one of those moments. Chanter's answer made her frown, but it wasn't insulted. In fact, it was some sort of thoughtful, pouty hybrid frown that indicated that she was confused by this response. She stood there, and didn't fuss when Chanter turned from her, with this expression on her face and eventually tucked her hands into her back pockets.

She mulled it over for some time, trying to understand why anything about her could be touchy or frustrating. Had she done something offensive without even knowing she had done as such? Honestly, she didn't know how these things worked after all. Had she overstayed her welcome? This was his space after all, and she wasn't in here ever, really.

"Did I...do something wrong?" Well, might as well get the question out of the way so that she knew one way or the other for future situations, right? If she needed to scoot, she would scoot and go home. Simple enough, even if she was confused.

-------------------

His growl was louder than the last one. “He wants me to drag you off to my bed and thinks you won’t protest.

He wasn’t capable at that moment to dance around things. Clearly she misunderstood because if she had done anything wrong he was the sort of man who’d be quite upfront about it. And, lacked the grace to be nice about it. So it annoyed the shit out of him that she would think she did something wrong given how shit he was with dealing with people.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
And that reaction made Angie balk. It wasn't the context of what was said to her, it was how it was said to her. For just a very short moment she stood there, stunned. But then a frown pulled down the corners of her mouth, her hands came out of her pockets, and she took a daring step forward, then another, and again until the pair of them were nearly toe to toe. "Listen here," she started, a little sternly even. "I understand that right now you're dealing with mental turmoil, but that doesn't give either of you the right to snap and growl at me."

She wasn't afraid of him - them. She hadn't been since day one, after all. Her arms folded across her chest and her frown deepened just a tad more. "It was a fair enough question, considering the amount of discomfort radiating off of you, it was only safe to both assume and ask if something was up and I needed to leave."

There had been no fussing over the statement made about wanting to drag her off to bed. No distaste, no argument about it. Nope, her only problem was the way she was being growled at for asking a very simple, human question.

--------------------------

His head went up and he stared at her, she had never taken that tone with him before, let alone stare him down inches apart. He took a step back unconsciously, braced for some kind of physical attack. Of course that wasn’t going to happen, but instinct didn’t run on logic.

She didn’t flee, she challenges, I told you this female wouldn’t balk.

She’d see the moment his attention went elsewhere, distant, distracted. The moment he was back he shifted away from her, pacing around her like a trapped animal. You could almost feel the tension and emotion radiating off of him. He didn’t say anything, he didn’t need to. It was plain as day that he was not used to being so unsettled, torn between feeling and staying. Of course, if he left there was no telling if he would come back or if he wouldn’t do something stupid to relieve the internal pressure. One thing he was always a bit sketchy on was impulse control.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
There was a slow, lengthy sigh from Angie as she watched Chanter step away and then pace about like he was prowling some familiar confinement. Again she could feel the discomfort radiating from him, and it unsettled her as well. She wasn't sure what she had done to put the pair of them into this awkward predicament, but for Angie - a mere human with human emotion - decided to take matters into her own hands and lessen the stress he was clearly dealing with.

"Alright, Chan," it wasn't often she shortened the use of his name, and she did it now as more of an attention grabber than anything else. She stepped into his pacing path and freed one of her arms from holding the blanket so that she could reach up and touch one side of his face to steady him. From there she stood up onto her toes so that she could lightly brush a simple enough kiss to the other cheek, and then she drew herself away from him. "Clearly you've got some contending to do with yourself, and I'm just in the way. So I'm gonna go home."

Now that he wasn't blocking the doorway, she could do as such. Though she did pause to give him a sharp look and point a finger at him. "Don't do anything stupid." she instructed him, feeling that it was a direly important statement to make. Her expression then softened to an easy enough smile, she waved, and then turned to leave the room.

-----------------------

She was uneasy because of him. Guilt flooded him and as she turned to leave he grabbed her wrist. It didn’t help the fact that he hadn’t made a sound when he had done it and moved so fast. His grip wasn't hard, she could easily get free, but up till now he had largely never touched her, it had always been her to him. He then snatched his hand back and took a step back worried he had only made things worse. He hung his head stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Didn't mean to make you uneasy… I… Please don't be scared of me…"

He obviously didn’t want her to leave either however having grabbed her, he didn’t think she would want to stay. Nevermind that he really didn’t have anywhere to sit...

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
There was a startled noise from Angie when she was grasped hold of; not because of the grip, or because she was afraid of him, but because he had never really touched her unless in passing or by accident. But then the words he uttered at her brought her around to face him fully again and her brow creased as she looked up at him.

Had she said something to make it seem as if she were afraid of him? She had just kissed his face, touched him while she had done so. How did that put off a scared vibe?

That didn't matter; Angie's head shook as she continued to look up at him. "I am not afraid of you." she made sure to point out, even though she had proven as such twice now in the last few minutes. "I only said I was going to go home because you look like I am making you seriously uncomfortable..."

--------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom