Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Being Neighborly

• Thread starter Evangeline Tallot
  • Start date

Evangeline Tallot

E
Tag: | Chanter Straye Chanter Straye |

----------------------------

Living life among the Hellknights was really the best thing that Angie could ever ask for. The work kept her busy, kept her hands and mind hard at work, and therefore kept her out of trouble. Not to say that the brunette woman was one to find her way into trouble often, but things happened from time to time. When she wasn't hard at work, she was away from it all at home, managing her own shop and a pair of apartments to boot. Nothing major, just a simple pair of places; one of which belonged to Ange personally, and a second that had long since been abandoned by an old friend who had left it to her in their wake. But it was this place that tend to let her wander into the occasional bought of trouble - she was alone most of the time here, after all, and that made her vulnerable to quite a few things.

Things that had led her to her current predicament, no less. That thought alone caused Angie to run a hand against the firm flat of her belly. While work kept her in prime shape, this firmness was different. It was forged from an unwanted encounter than Angie had more than once tried to forget. It was why she had spent twice as long away from home, neglecting both apartments and her shop for much longer than she ever should have. And it was why the second of those apartments was now empty and she was hurting to get the spot filled again. Credits needed to come in quick, since the last tenant had abandoned without paying their last month's rent - not that she was surprised by this fact.

But life had to be different now; she could no longer stand to let things slide. She would have to be more stern with a new tenant, more stern with patrons in her shop that liked to bargain. No, she didn't have to be a monster, but she couldn't afford to just let things be owed to her anymore, at least not until she had everything she needed and some saved back. It wasn't just about her anymore, after all.

And that had led to Angie getting word out that she needed a new tenant to the apartment. It was just a single roomed space, easy to keep warm or cold, spacious enough for one person or a couple for that matter. Right now, the important bit was getting someone to bite and move in. For now, all she could do was wait. The shop was open, and while she was tinkering with an old droid, she was clearly not currently hard at work for the time being.

Chanter wasn’t dealing with things very well. Not one bit. After finding out he had been stuck in carbonite hell since just before the change given to the New Republic, he’d been lost. No job. No steady flow of credits. No real direction. He took odd jobs here and there, but it was only enough to pay for a night in a hotel or for meals. He opted for meals and slept on the streets. It wasn’t the safest thing, but a man of his size, wasn’t usual prey for most.

He was just coming from a taco stall when a piece of trash flying in the air because of the breezy day, smacked him in the face. He pulled it off and was about to crumple it further and toss it away, when he saw the words ‘looking for a tenant’. He took a closer look and found it to be an ad for some woman wanting someone to rent from her. He wolfed down the rest of his taco, used the last bit of his credits to hail a taxi, proceeded to pass the flyer over and used that as his destination.

He wouldn’t have been able to find this place otherwise, even if he knew the city he was not great with ‘directions’. In fact, he usually navigated by smells because otherwise he’d get lost. Smell mapping, as he called it, gave him far better references than anything else and he could track down a great food shop about twenty miles away. Not that he really counted, but at least that, that he knew for sure. He had a great nose and he owed all that to Kalos really, but still.

He caught sight of himself in a shop window and paused. He didn’t look dirty, but compared to others around him and the looks he got, he definitely looked not great. His new predicament in life definitely was read in his appearance. He sighed gustily, tried to arrange his curly hair in a tail and hoped for the best. He was a bit scruffy, hadn’t shaved since the last time he had had a razor, a time frame that made him cringe.

His clothes looked like he had snatched what fit, which was true and add to the sheer size of himself, well. He, who cared not at all normally, found himself caring because he really wanted a roof over his head, reliable food in his belly and for the love of the gods, a job again. Unbeknownst to him he stood in full view of the person he was looking for. He scrubbed his face and tried to stand up taller, then kept walking, but when he got to the block end he paused, looked at the numbers on the buildings and cursed.

He stomped a few steps back and peered around the corner to the inside, almost like how a cat just casually creeped to look around corners. When he saw her he stepped out, rubbed the back of his neck and coughed to get her attention so he didn’t spook her. “Ah… I don’t suppose the place you have for rent is still open? Got found by the flyer...” He lifted his hand to show the clutched, very battered and stained former bit of trash as a means to prove he was telling the truth. “I can’t pay immediately ma’am, but I promise you that when I find a job, as I am looking for steady work, you’ll get the whole check pronto. I’ll even help you out to pull my weight in other ways, if you’d like.

Ah gods, please say yes… He begged internally, then cringed. He sounded so pathetic, but wasn’t he? He looked down at the flyer and clenched his jaw. No woman in her right mind would take in a stray like me. Even on a good day I’ve always been skittered around. The only women who’ve taken a look at me were ones seeking to use me. Good folk never have much to do with my ilk.

It was a fine state of things now and had he the money he would likely be drinking away his misery. Really, all he wanted was a warm shower and a sheltered place to sleep. A bed? A bed was a pleasant dream, he’d welcome just a floor. All the money he managed to scrape together or steal went to feeding himself and even then it wasn’t enough and it showed. While he didn’t care to look like some dapper showline current rich suited fop, he did have pride. He looked barely clean and barely groomed and he was never like this. Maybe his clothes had looked discounted, but always he had been clean and groomed.

Now? Now he looked like the true gutter trash he grew up in, just like his father, and it raked his pride something fierce. He let his hand fall and kept his gaze lowered waiting for the rejection he knew was coming. Bracing for it really. Never mind he came off as pitifully earnest. Never mind that he looked ready to fall to bits. He didn’t know how one might perceive his countenance. He just knew that he felt a fool for getting his hopes up after seeing himself in that window.

His stomach snarled and he swallowed. No, the food he’d had wasn’t enough and he’d go hungry tonight, but tomorrow was another chance at a meal. Another chance to drag all his tattered bits close again to stitch them back where they belonged. At least, he hoped so, but he was pretty down in the dumps and dared not cling to it. He unconsciously started to turn then to leave, not really aware that he’d actually moved to go.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

---------------------------

The sound of approaching footsteps had caused Angie to look up, only to find whomever it was that had approached to be using her window as a mirror to observe themself. Not once did the thought cross her mind about how low the soul just outside had been. There was no judgement, she had been raised in poverty and reached this point in her life by her own means after all. No, the only thing she had for the man was an amused smile and the thought that he must be headed somewhere important if he was concerned with the way he looked enough to pause at her junk shop to preen.

So imagine her surprise when he had first passed by, then rounded back and sought her attention. Said surprise shown clearly on Angie's face too. Her eyes were a bit wide, her brows lofted, and at first she merely observed. However, upon realizing that her expression might deter him, or make him think the look was due to him daring to ask such a thing of her - which is wasn't at all - her expression smoothed out. Admittedly she hadn't expected anyone to come along for the apartment any time soon. It had only been a couple of days after all, and it usually took much longer to fill a spot. So this was just added surprise to the situation.

There was a part of her that wanted to say no. She needed a tenant that could pay, not another person who promised but never lived up to their end of the bargain. But there was the briefest of moments, where he had looked at her and she him, and she felt...calm. Comfortable in a way she hadn't felt in quite some time, and it made her listen - really listen. This was a soul that needed help, and if she didn't offer the same hand that someone had once reached out to her, what did that make her?

But, curiosity got the better of her just as he had started to turn to apparently leave, and her brow creased as she peered across the distance at him. "What other ways could you help out?" she questioned him. She wasn't against someone working for the help they needed by any means, so she was curious as to any particular sort of skills he may or may not have.

What other ways could you help out?

He looked over his shoulder at her and blinked. Did she… Could she be… He turned to face her and shrugged. “I’ll do whatever you ask of me.

That could easily be a loaded question and if she thought he was joking, he wasn’t. He’d killed people for less reasons. Hell, he’d killed people just for a meal or just to prove he wasn’t joking. His principles, his morals, frankly really depended on his circumstances or the occupation he had. He needed a place to stay badly enough that he didn’t care what she wanted, he’d do it.

He took a step forward, mostly replacing the step he had taken away. “Just give me a name or a direction and it’ll be done.

He didn’t think she’d have anyone she wanted dead, but she might get tempted to use him, which at this point didn’t seem too bad. Except, again, he didn’t think she’d take advantage. Somehow he didn’t believe she would get the implications of his statement that anything was exactly that. If she did, he’d be pretty impressed.

That statement also might give someone an idea of just how he has lived. A person wasn’t willing to make that kind of decision if they hadn’t lived in such a way to have better options. With his size, one might even guess the kind of work he’d been in too. Bodyguard and enforcer just the two immediate, but he had nimble hands and other skills not readily apparent.

All of those skills were easily at her disposal, if she were inclined to use them. And he didn’t care that any of it could break the law. But with a woman like this? Would that even be a line that was crossed? Who really knew.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

------------------------------

There had been a moment, only one moment where the idea of anything had caused her gaze to sweep over this man's entire frame. But that was it, nothing further than a curiosity about what it could be like. Strange how the thought came without prompting, considering what she had been through before now. Whatever the case, she didn't press about it, she didn't question him over it further, and instead when he spoke up she laughed softly and sat up a bit more so that she was no longer hunkered over the droid she had been tinkering with.

"I think first before I put a broom in your hands, you could probably do with a good meal, hm? I can hear your stomach all the way over here." She got up from where she had been seated, and grabbed up a rag as she did so. Her hands were then meticulously wiped clean, though her gaze did not leave him while she worked to get the grease and such wiped from her digits. "I'll show you the apartment, let you poke around and see if it'll work for you. Then while you're getting settled, I'll throw something together for a quick meal. My old man used to say that no business deals should be made on an empty stomach."

The rag was tossed aside and then Angie made a beckoning gesture for him to follow her. There was clearly no worry about her shop, whether she had protective measures or not were up in the air, but she led the way to the back where a staircase was located, and once up those stairs she pushed open a door. "The door at the end of this little hall is my place. This one," the first door on their right was approached and she pushed it open after unlocking it. "Is the free one. It doesn't have a lot in it, but it has hot water, a place to sit, to eat, and a place to sleep." One of her shoulders shrugged and she stepped out of the way so that he could look around if he wanted to do so.

The mention of food made his mouth immediately water and he licked his lips. “That… That is a good standard of thought, he was a wise man. Not to sound picky, but lots of protein over greens, I have had a hard time ah… Finding the quantities I need to have to keep my energy up.

He ducked his head a little at that, truth was he mostly didn’t know why he even told her that in the first place. Except that, well, if she was going to feed him didn’t she deserve the right to know that taking him to an all you can eat buffet was a better option? At least in terms of just how much he had to pack away. If he had the option to hunt down his own food, he could do that, though grudgingly. Kalos preferred fresh-kill, but well, that wasn’t something he could provide.

She showed him the door to her space and he breathed in deeply, catching her scent. Her scent was technically all over the place, but it was more telling in places she spent the most time. He frowned and caught another, older scent, another male. She’d see his head turn towards a spot on the wall where he had perhaps leaned or touched, mostly to get more information. He didn’t smell this smell as ‘recent’ nor did she have that scent on her, so he breathed out gustily and just filed that scent away. He didn’t ask either. He did note that her scent had started to change from the deeper rooted scent that was common, to something else. The old scent memory was being replaced, which made him curious, but she didn’t look like she was sick.

Even his other half had his interest peaked, but he’d learn in time perhaps. “I’d sleep on the roof if you allowed it… I don’t need much, so you won’t see me complaining.

He leaned in and she’d hear again his taking a deep breath, he smelled the ghosts of scent from past tenants. He slipped inside and took stock, honestly? It was a lot better than a long list of places he had lived. He didn’t even smell a nest of bugs hidden away, nor smell any hidden stains or rot. He turned to give her a crooked smile. “Paradise.

The best part is, he wouldn’t likely be hearing any neighborly shenanigans because he detected no recent scent of any strange males. Which meant, quiet he could sleep to. He felt his mood improving considerably, all because of the new bounty he found himself in, as yet unpaid, possession of. “Thank you.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

The fact that he had followed her had been good, it meant she wasn't putting off any wrong vibes, and that maybe this whole ordeal was going to work out okay. Granted, Angie knew that she needed someone who could pay rent. Right now she was behind due to the last tenant, but that was hardly a new tenant's problem. However, she was a bleeding heart, and this guy clearly needed some help; needed someone to pat him on the back and let him know that someone - even someone new - had his back and was going to help him get back on his feet.

"Do I look like a woman who eats a lot of greens?" she had teased in response to his meal request. But it was true really, aside from the occasional salad or rare vegetable, Ange really wasn't into greens. She worked hard, she liked her protein too, so she would definitely make sure that whatever she threw together was good and hearty.

Seeing his reaction to the apartment pleased her, and while she thought maybe she should be offended by him testing it by smell? She oddly wasn't. People had all sorts of strange quirks, after all. "Well alright then. I'll leave you to get comfortable and explore the place a little - not that there's a whole lot to it - and if you need anything I'll be right next door."

She paused half way out the door and pivoted on a heel. "I'm Evangeline, by the way. Angie for short." With a grin, she didn't wait for him to introduce himself in return, they'd get there once he was comfortable in his own skin again. But she waved a hand, turned back around, and head out of the apartment and to her own to get a quick meal started.

Do I look like a woman who eats a lot of greens?

He stared at her and frowned pondering that question and then chose not to say anything. Truth was, his interactions with women were very limited. Occasionally he’d share his bed, but mostly he was solitary. If a female approached him it was either looking for a night of work, wanted something or were being used as a lure. Only time he had ever had a ‘relationship’ with a woman was if she had been his boss and even then, that was strictly hands off. As for eating habits? Did she really want him to tell her what he smelled as her last meal? Because, now that she mentioned it, he actually didn’t smell vegetables.

No, better he kept his mouth shut. He poked his head into the sleeping area, but then just plunked himself on the floor in the living room. She hadn’t waited for him to reply, but didn’t indicate she wanted him to follow, so he sprawled on the floor to nap.

There was carpet on the floor that didn’t reek. Clean carpet. Plush carpet. He ran his hands over it and gave a sigh of contentment. Even his bed he barely remembered hadn’t been this comfortable. He drifted off with a small smile. Maybe things really were going to get better.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

-----------------------------

With the apartments literally being right next to each other, it had taken no time at all for Angie to get into her home, find something suitable in her kitchen, and to start cooking. It also meant that it wouldn't take long for the smell of juicy burgers to waft from one apartment to the other, accentuated with bacon frying and some form of starch in the over to go along with it. She may not have a buffet at her disposal, but she was going to make sure that what she did have was wholesome, hearty, and filling.

The door to her apartment had been left open as well - though the door leading outside to the stairs had been locked from the inside - to give off a sense of welcome for whenever her new neighbor was ready to show his face. If he so chose to do so, and Ange had a feeling that he would. It was easy to tell that the man had been famished, and his appearance screamed out in need of a good night's sleep. Both of those Angie could assist with, and planned to do just that - and was, really, already.

There was also a quickly thrown together care basked waiting in the wings. Nothing fancy, and nothing special, it was something she did for all new tenants, though appreciation for such a thing was hit and miss. But a couple of towels, toiletries, kitchen goodies, stuff like that. It was merely a means to welcome her new neighbor, not at all meant to embarrass or assume anything about him.

The ding of her oven timer earned a noise from the back of Angie's throat, and it signaled that not only were the starches done, but the burgers were done and ready too. "Perfect timing." she praised herself with an amused smirk. Things were quickly pulled from their fires and set aside so that they could be taken from and doctored however desired. For now she would finish setting up, but if he didn't show by the time she was done? Well, she'd just go and let him know food was ready.

Food. He could smell meat cooking and he lifted his head from the floor, nose aimed unerringly in the direction the food was. He quickly shoved his body upwards and stood up, but then was at a loss. She said she was making food, but hadn’t said if he was to go to her or she was coming to him. He could smell it was done, had smelled it cooking too, but stayed mostly in ‘nap mode’. She didn’t show up with said food, so was that a silent invitation? He dropped the coat he was wearing, leaving the worn and thin long sleeved shirt, worn and a bit ragged pants and leather boots.

He didn’t need the layers, but they helped as protection. He slipped to her door and peered inside, seeing her just standing he gave a knock before coming in. After that he just stood there feeling awkward. This, was entirely new for him. Being in someone’s home. He’d never brought anyone to his place or gone to theirs, casual arrangements had been made simply where it was private. “Chanter Straye.

Since she hadn’t stuck around to hear it, he thought it best to give his name now. His clothing had added bulk to him that without the coat was gone. He was stocky and lithe, wide shoulders and solid stance. Except that instead of being built in such a way that he looked muscle bulk, all you saw was that muscle shift under skin, instead of standing out. More like a martial artist instead of a muscle builder. His leanness was also maintained simply because his body chowed down on calories, not because he worked at it. He could easily fill a doorway without trying and not even have to work at intimidation, all he had to do was be a considerable obstacle.

He did have a couple knives hidden on his person, but nothing that was easy to pick out at a glance. He didn’t have a blaster, though not for lack of trying on his part. His hands looked to be taken care of, only light scarring and callus where you’d expect for a man who could use both ranged and close quarter weapons. He could also use a vibro-blade too and a staff, but hardly did so. A broom or lamp pole was honestly more easy to find, plus cheaper. Neither however did he have as of yet. His hair had fallen from the tail and spoke quite loudly of his nap. The dark curls mussed and messy. When some brushed his ear he reached up and pushed his hair back behind his ears with a soft annoyed sound.

After he paid this woman what he owed, he vowed silently, he would get this annoyance hacked back.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

Admittedly, she hadn't heard him approach, so when he spoke up to introduce himself, Angie damn near came out of her skin. She startled hard, and if she would have had anything in her hands at that point, it would have went flying. As it were, she hadn't been holding anything, so instead she yelped and whipped around to face the voice. Usually she was much more alert of her surroundings; working with the Hellknights kept her on alert for a variety of reasons. So honestly she had no idea why she had been so relaxed and off guard, that wasn't like her at all...

"Um," she had to say something so that he didn't think he had given her a heart attack. "Chanter? Angie," she gestured to herself, just to reintroduce and give herself a moment to breathe as well as catch up. "So uh, I hope you like burgers. I don't have all the fixings that could go on them, but I have the important things, including bacon." An appreciative noise vibrated up her throat. "Bacon cheese burgers are the best, and I'll argue the fact all day long."

Angie flashed him a grin, then made a gesture to the plates and foods set out. "Please, grab a plate and dig in. Don't be shy." There was plenty for the both of them, especially since in actuality she would only eat one burger, but she had made five. He had looked hungry, and was a fairly large guy - which she had only noticed all the more when he had come into her apartment without layers on. So yes, there was absolutely plenty for him to make for himself and get something in that grumbly belly of his.

He felt badly about scaring her, he had knocked, but apparently she had been that distracted. He gave her a nod when she introduced herself again, but didn’t call her by name. He’d probably call her ‘Miss Tallot’ since that had been the last name listed on the paper. Another thing he had never done, be on a first name basis with a woman.

When she started describing the food he looked over at it confused. He had never had anything like this much-meat sandwich before. He didn’t even know what kind of animals made up the thick cake of meat. Was this ‘bacon’ the name of the animal, the flavor or what? On top of it, the meats had a smell to it that spoke of a much higher quality than anything he was used to eating. He wasn’t picky, if it was protein he would eat it as long as the smell and taste weren’t too vile. So looking at her he couldn’t help a dry chuckle. “Have I died and gone to some undeserved reward? Because… Nothing that you just said makes sense, but it smells better than all the meals I have ever had.” Which was quite impressive. “Trust me. So this… Much-meat sandwich thing that looks like it came from a culinary holo, will probably be too good for me. So… Thank you, for… For cooking me a meal.

He then casually plunked down and pushed her chair out with his foot after he grabbed one of the things. He moved a lot quicker than he looked like he could, which up till now had been slow and careful. His haste to sink his teeth in the meal made him forget to have care. Hadn’t he already scared her? However he didn’t just dig in, he sat and watched her, waiting. He was like someone who had only seen how ‘normal’ people do things from outside. He waited, because he didn’t know how things were at tables. He waited because there might be some special way to eat it.

His stomach had wrapped itself around his spine and he held still and kept from doing what he badly wanted to do. Food had primarily been whatever he could eat enough of, on the go. When in service it had been at the Mess, but again it wasn’t really like this. All he had for frame of references were some sitcoms he’d seen when on a shift or what he’d seen of families from windows. Hell, this food was even on a plate instead of a tray or in wrappings. He wasn’t used to feeling like gutter trash, but he felt shame and couldn’t bring himself to meet her eyes. He felt totally out of his element here, exposed, alien… It wasn’t a great feeling at all. He wasn’t used to feeling so insecure.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

It was much easier once Chanter had come into the apartment and seated himself. While Angie wasn't intimidated by his presence, she could definitely tell that he wasn't someone she wanted to be on the wrong side of. She spent enough time around her fair share of badasses to know when not to mess with someone. So the fact that he had taken her offer and sat down, well it made her breathe a little easier - and oddly pleased her to boot. Strange...she wasn't usually so delighted to have someone accept her offer...

But when he spoke up about the meal, Ange felt herself blush just slightly and she laughed as she took the seat he had pushed out for her. "Well, its definitely nothing fancy. Though I do have to have the stuff shipped in from elsewhere." her shoulders shrugged, but she looked delighted by the food laid out regardless. To him it may have all been new and exotic in it's own way, but for Ange it was a reminder of simpler times, full of good memories and laughter. "My old man was an amazing cook," she informed him, though had started putting her own meal together now. "He taught me what he could, made sure I could take care of myself, but I was always more interested in taking things apart in the garage than spending time in the kitchen."

Once her food was set, she set back in her seat and sighed before glancing at him, then doing a double take. "Well don't stand on ceremony, eat! I know you're hungry."

Nothing fancy…” He looked down at the food and shook his head. “If this is not considered fancy, then I really do think I’ve died and took someone else's place in heaven by mistake.

He watched her take a bite after fixing her food and then took a bite of his own and closed his eyes at the flavor. He made a sound of pleasure as he chewed slowly, making every bite last. However the burger disappeared quickly and so did the fries. His plate was spotless, but he didn’t immediately jump up to get more. Despite what she said about ‘helping himself’ he was going to wait to see if she was going to eat more before he ate everything she was willing to provide.

He hadn’t lied to her, that had been the best set of food he had ever eaten. There was no greasy aftertaste. No lingering taste of something vaguely unpleasant. It didn’t sit in his stomach like a lump. All of it had been wonderful and he could already tell that by the end of the meal he would feel full in a way he couldn’t remember feeling.

Her talk of her father gave him a feeling of longing. He’d been tossed out on the streets as a child. Grew up in the most violent and impoverished quarter of the Coruscant slums. He’d seen more kids his age die in one year starting out than most do in their whole lives. The Mess food he had eaten was a large improvement over what he had had growing up and fighting over. Yet comparing all the food he had had, to this one meal? Hell, even the Mess food that he had been so happy to devour? Ha. He had thought his dreams of the Mess had been a luxury. And, she ate like this all the time. Damn.

It only drove to point that he wasn’t from a place of such luxury. Hell, none of the bosses in any of the cartels or gangs, had eaten like this. Of course, he’d never made it into a gang run by someone who made that kind of money or had that kind of power. Even when in service he was given jobs that worked with what he knew best, rough, poor and violent. The job with that Hutt had been a toe out of his element and look what happened.

Yet, despite all that, it brought him to this moment, with this meal and for the first time he didn’t feel resentful. He was actually weirdly… He didn’t know how to describe his feelings, but it was a far cry better than what he considered ‘normal’.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

---------------------------

"Well, Angel is in the name." It was far too easy to relax and joke around with this guy, which in hindsight probably wasn't a bad thing considering that he was going to be living next door to her. Angie finished building her meal, then set in on it, sighing herself after that first bite. When she heard him enjoy his, she smiled and placed a hand against her mouth so that she could speak without being too rude. "As good as these are, they're nothing compared to the ones my dad used to make." Again she sighed, more wistful this time, but then set right back in on her meal.

It didn't escape her that he had nearly swallowed his meal whole, and while she hadn't said anything at first, by the time she was halfway through her burger and fries she made a gesture towards the remaining food. "Eat up," she told him. "This right here is going to be more than enough for me, and I hate dealing with leftovers."

That being said, she grew quiet once again so that she could continue her own meal. She wasn't lying either; Angie was a woman living on her own, and while sure leftovers made things easier for meals the next day sometimes, she really only dealt with them when she had company - and even then that was far and few between. And she certainly hadn't had company since...well....

That was a thought to push away, and quickly. The last thing Ange wanted to do was drag her own mood down, and she sure as hell didn't want to drag the warm and welcome setting down by sabotaging herself. So she ate, humming occasionally between bites, clearly pleased with herself and the way the meal had turned out.

When she gave permission he stood up and fixed the rest, bringing it to the table. Each bite he took was slow and methodical. He wanted every bite to last because he didn’t know if he’d be able to have another meal like this. When he was done, he sat back with a contented sigh, his eyes closed for a moment. He then promptly yawned, looking at her a bit sheepishly. “Sorry…

He was full, which meant he was now sleepy. “While I don’t know what an ‘angel’ is, if they are half as kind as you, then I suppose they would not mind the association.

He then stood up and picked up the plates and started to clean up for her. It was the least thing he could do considering, but he didn’t think she’d mind.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

There hadn't been one word said when Chanter had taken the time to make himself the rest of the food. There was a moment of shock - and a laugh to go with it! - when he had actually managed to eat all of it considering that Angie had no idea what he was or capable of because of the fact. There was applause as well, and it was very clear that in that moment? Ange had needed the humor probably as much as Chanter had needed a meal. Things had been pretty rough for her on the homefront lately, it had been why she had stayed over so much longer than usual with the Hellknights. So this? This was nice, and she certainly needed it.

When he got up to take plates, Angie got up too so that she could help gather and stack things near the sink. She didn't scold him, or protest to him silently offering to clean up. Instead she took up a towel once things were stacked for him and easily accessible so that she could dry once dishes were rinsed.

"So on a scale of one to ten, ten bein super and one being not at all; Just how sleepy are you now that you have a ridiculously full belly?" A heavy meal like that was bound to make anyone warm and comfortable. So she could just about imagine how he was feeling right about now.

When she joined him and moved behind him he unconsciously kept an eye on her. When she moved to stand next to him and asked her question his head tilted to the side as he regarded her. “You are talking to someone who can nap in a cramped chair of a governmental building. So I don’t really know how to answer that.

His ability to nap just about anywhere was a large part of why he generally only slept deeply when he was totally alone, for just a handful of hours. It was true he could lay down and sleep, but he’d only be down for a few hours and be up again. In fact, he was more likely to be up the whole night and nap on and off during the day. Which was why he was going to be looking at night jobs, less likely he’d be caught napping.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E

Angie made a thoughtful sound in her throat as she worked to dry dishes that were handed to her. "Huh, suppose that would be a ten then." she let out, clearly amused by this fact. She glanced to the side at him and offered a smile, but then went back to what she was doing and concentrating on that. Though after a long bit of silence, she spoke up once again.

"So, pretty basic for living in the apartment." she half turned to face him and laid a hand against the counter. "We'll discuss rent once you get established in a workplace. As for living in the apartment, all I ask is that you don't have any crazy parties super late, and you keep the place clean." she shrugged her shoulders and tipped her head a bit to one side. "Sound alright to you?"

He scoffed softly. “Do I look the type?” He said as he turned to face her to lean his backside against the counter. “The only woman in my life will be you, unless a boss or coworker is female.

He didn’t make friends, he didn’t take lovers and he didn’t accept invites that would be a hassle. It was one thing to take a free meal, but anything else? No. Some might think it was a lonely thing, but he was used to being solitary. Letting people attach to you was a pain, not to mention dangerous. “So it won’t be hard to follow that request.

Evangeline Tallot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom