Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Being Neighborly

• Thread starter Evangeline Tallot
  • Start date

Evangeline Tallot

E
Where did she want to put all of this stuff...That was a very good question. She certainly didn't want it all in the way of either of their homes, so with a nod she made a gesture with both hands in an upwards motion. "To the roof." she let out, flashing him an amused grin before stepping around him so that she could get the door. The roof had plenty of space, though part of it was taken up for a garden that was only just about in season to be worked on again. There was some seating, a place for herself or tenants to escape to and read, garden, whatever the case may be. But there was plenty of room to set up this ideal Chanter had too.

"Alright, pick a space," she told him once they were both on the roof space. "And like I said before, whatever you need to make this firepit of yours or whatever, if it's scrap or spare parts? Go for it."

------------------------

Tag: | Chanter Straye Chanter Straye |

On the roof the other containers were neatly stacked along the edge out of the way of what she had up top. He chose a spot, then disappeared to his room and came back with a box of salvaged parts. With the hour he had something that could function like a grill, even if it was pretty ugly and unsophisticated looking. “What do you think?

He was kind of proud of the thrown together grill, but more he was just that hungry to cook what he saw on that holo. His belly growled its agreement and he looked towards the chef with interest.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
While he had busied himself with tending to the make-shift pit, Angie took the time to work on the little garden. While it wasn't quite time to start planting yet, she took the time to check the garden boxes, and the planters and such. She made sure that they weren't weathered, or split anywhere, no cracks or breaks. When it would be time, she wanted everything in good shape, and now was as good a time as any to check on it.

When he called out to her, Angie stood and dusted her hands, taking in his handy work. It was a little rough looking, but honestly? "Looks pretty damn good to me." she told him, and she was sincere about it. It sure as hell looked functional, and that was what they needed, right?

-----------------

Chanter grinned widely and dusted himself off. “Let me go get cleaned up then and get out of your way so we can eat. Need me to grab anything below?

He was not the sort to just jump to working on food if he was dirty and though he would only need to wash his hands, it was still in his mind time to wash. He knew others weren’t as particular, but in his eyes those types were fools. Besides, Angel was just as approving of being clean as he was.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
She took the time to think and really consider; did she need anything? Oddly there was a strong urge for something pickled, and her brow creased at the thought but she waved a hand and shook her head. "Nope, I think I'm all good up here for now." she assured him, then waved a hand at him. "Go, get cleaned up so that we can hurry up and eat!" she teased him. Though she too of course would go and clean up before they ate - or if he needed any help with cooking for that matter. But for the moment, she was perfectly fine and content where she was at.

--------------

It didn’t take him long to come back up, freshly showered in what could only be the most awfully blinding shade of pink pants and grey shirt. The fact that these would only now be seeing the light of day meant he had gone, wherever he went to buy clothes and got them there.

He set to work getting the grill going and then, after pulling out a piece of paper, proceeded to follow the scribbled notes for the cooking of the meat. If he had had a tail, one could well imagine an eager wag as the feel of his mood could be felt. Normally she did the cooking, but this time he was cooking for her. It would also be the first time he had cooked for anyone and he was determined to get it done right.

From a bag he pulled out a jar of something, neatly popped the top and the scent of something pickled drifted over. It wasn’t pickles, it was pickled okra, but he was contentedly munching on them as he worked. “Let me know if there is anything else I can do, you always feed me, so, figure this time I can fix you up something good. Looked good on the cooking holo so…

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
When Chanter had re-emerged upstairs, Angie had to do a double take. She stared, blinked a couple of times, and then stared some more before she sighed and shook her head. "Alright that's it," she let out and got up so that she could move closer to him, but not be in the way or seem like she was hovering. He wanted to cook, she was going to let him do it.

But, "I'm taking you out to shop for clothes. Honestly, where did these," she reached down and tugged at the pink fabric, "Even come from?" she questioned. For the moment she couldn't think of anything more she wanted for dinner. Not while she was concentrated on the adorably blinding pink material sheathing his lower half.

------------------------------

Chanter looked down at the pants and blinked, then looked at her. “It is the same color as my shirt, I just got it at the thrift store about three miles to the south. Why?

Not that he seemed to mind the idea of course, but he hated buying clothes. “I just buy whatever is cheapest, I hate buying clothes. Costs so much because everyone for the most part is tinier than I am. Especially pants… So annoying.

In fact, except for his uniform for work, she’d always see him in loose clothing. “If I could do without, things would be cheaper, but no.

He got everything set and then just flopped on the ground to lay with his head pillowed under his arm looking up at the sky. He spent a lot of time lazing around like this, most furniture was built not for his size and it usually became uncomfortable. “We can if you really want, but so long as it isn’t expensive.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
There was a tolerant sigh from Angie, and when he seated himself the way he did, Angie sat herself down too. "The pants are pink." she told him with a shake of her head. She reached out and plucked the fabric, and while she shook her head again she looked amused about it at least. "And don't worry, I know how to shop without breaking the bank."

She ran this place and managed to keep budget for everything - including her bills and home needs. So she had mastered the art of finding a good deal.

-----------------------

Chanter sighed gustily and looked over at her. “Then do with me what you will, I trust you.

Which, coming from a man who’d easily break someone if they even tried to touch him, that was a lot. Kalos trusted her and had since the beginning and he too had come to do so. It didn’t even bother him she was close enough to pull at his clothes and before he kept an arms length distance and certainly wouldn’t have let her close enough to touch.

He breathed deeply, catching the scent of the meat as it cooked, he could tell it wasn’t ready to turn over yet. “Can’t see some colors the way others do. Doesn’t bother me much, was cheap and fit me, didn’t know it bothered others so much. Explains the laughs I’d get sometimes.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
Oh the things she could say about those simple set of words. 'Do with me what you will', How many meanings of those words could be stressed, especially right here in the closeness between them at the moment? All of the time spent around one another, working like a well oiled machine in the shop, around the apartments, just everything?

And yet, she behaved and instead scoffed softly though the sound was amused rather that put off. "Rest assured, it doesn't bother me." she told him, then made a noise in her throat and plucked at the shorts again. "Alright, maybe these are a little loud." she admitted with a slight shake of the head. "But, that's not really a bother either. Though color blindness makes sense..." it actually made a lot of sense, now that she was aware of the fact. Something to keep in mind for sure.

-----------------

This female would make a good mate.
Chanter inwardly groaned. --I am not going to chase a female just because you like her.
She is good for us, has a fine den and you and she work good together.
--She owns the roof over our heads and if I screw things up I’ll lose the first place I can say I am happy being in.
Then don’t mess up, claim her or I will.

Not an idle threat either, but Chanter didn’t think either of them were the sort a woman like her needed or maybe even wanted. Females usually get that sorted out fairly quickly, should ask her and see if she buries that useless idea.

He was having this kind of conversation with the animal that lived in the shadow of his soul. He was not amused. “I got a whole box of new clothes for twenty credits, I’ll have to assume its all like this since I asked if they had stuff they couldn’t be rid of. The box was a pain to carry back.

A whole box of clothing likely as awful as his pants.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
Both of her brows lofted at this information. "You got..." Her head shook and she sighed, but again the sound was not put off by any means. In fact, it was more on the affectionately tolerant side, and she reached out to pat his leg. "I'll help you go through them after dinner," she told him. "See if there's anything in there worth keeping and the things that aren't we can turn into new hand rags for down in the shop."

Typical Angie, always managing to find a way to make use out of everything. Why waste things that could be used for something else? Now, that's not to say she was a hoarder or anything of the sort, but in this scenario? At least he would still be getting his credits worth out of the materials if there was anything to toss out in that box of clothes.

----------------------

He huffed and then sighed. “Fine… At least I didn’t pay very much. And I can give you the gift I found there too.

If he found something he thought she might find useful or like, he usually spared a few credits for it to surprise her with. He sat up with a deep inhale, then stood up to go tend the meat. It didn’t take him long to do what was needed before he flopped himself right down where he had left. “Just a bit longer and this set will be done, then I want to taste how you cook the meat.

Obviously he’d be eating quite a bit more, but he really did prefer to eat her cooking over his own.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
There was a laugh that bubbled up Angie's throat, "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get your credit's worth out of it all. And we'll replace the things that need replacing."

But from there, it was food time. While Angie was of course aware of Chanter appetite, she herself found her own increased, for good reason. So far, she was able to eat what she wanted and what she craved and keep it all down, but who knew how long that would last? Right now, she could eat, and keep up with Chanter in doing so - at least in the first meal. She was usually full by the time he wanted more.

So once food was done, and meals were eaten, Angie helped to clean everything up and carry it all down to her apartment to be washed and put away. There was of course chatter between them, as always. Flawless, easy flow over the simplest of things, to talking shop, and back again. So by the time they were headed to Chanter's apartment to go through his box of stuff, Angie had a casserole cooking for their return.

"Alright, let's see what you've got." she let out to him, letting him open the door considering it was his space.

----------------------

The Ursine Lopara opened the door and drifted in after her. The apartment really hadn’t changed too much. There was a new table that was more suited to his height, covered in odd bits and bobs. A few of the meat containers were stacked out of the way. Other than that there wasn’t much else to see. The kitchen was mostly bare of food, considering he ate his meals with her.

The bedroom, once the light was on to illuminate the pitch black, what dominated the space was something that could only be described as a nest. It was a thick pad heaped with pillow and blankets, it could easily sleep bear or man with a bit of wiggle room.

The closet was open, uniforms hanging, pile of dirty clothes tucked off to the side and then four boxes stacked neatly on top of each other. He pulled them out and she would see the vast array of cheap clothing he had to his name. However he pulled out a tied bag for her and handed it over. “It had a nice pattern on it, thought if you wanted an extra blanket this would help. It is soft too.

It was indeed very soft, but it looked like someone arrayed every color in existence across every square inch. Naturally he couldn’t see some of these colors for what they were, but if Angie thought his clothes had been spectacular. Well. Now she got to see a sight that had an abundance of searing colors. One might even be able to see this blanket from orbit.

Evangeline Tallot

Evangeline Tallot

E
It was a little surprising that there was still almost literally nothing within Chanter's apartment. It had gained very little in his time here, and while Angie chalk that up to him always being at her place - which she didn't mind - it was still surprising. Still, she followed him to his room, and couldn't help but to smile at his nest of a bed. To her? It didn't look like a mess or anything of the sort, it looked comfortable. A big, soft space to just get lost in and go to sleep.

But her attention shift when he handed her the gift he had spoken to her about. She took the time to open it fully, and despite the array of ridiculously loud colors, Angie smiled. The fabric was soft, and she ran her fingers against it, working the softness between her fingers. The colors didn't bother her, in fact it was quite endearing considering what she now knew about Chanter.

"This is brilliant," she told him, and she wasn't being a smart ass about it either, which was proven by the smile on her face when her gaze found his again. "Thank you, I love it."

-------------------

For a brief moment there was this boyish pride, before he looked away embarrassed and cleared his throat. “Just was glad I could give you something useful is all. You said you get chilly when its cold, figured something to wrap up in would be welcome. You don’t seem to have enough for a proper nest to keep warm in.

Meaning he thought her bed woefully inadequate to keep the cold out. A sentiment that Kalos shared, but for similar and differing reasons. So here he was trying to find her things to help her build such a ‘nest’.

Evangeline Tallot

E
"Well, my bed hardly qualifies as a nest." The response came easily enough, though Angie looked no less pleased or anmused than she had moments before it was said. "But this will definitely help to keep me warm. Whether its in bed, or just lounging about after a long day." Again her gaze lifted from the blanket in her hands to Chanter, and she smiled warmly and sincerely at him. "Thank you again, Chanter. This is really thoughtful, and more perfect than you know."

Angie worked to fold it up then, but even once that was accomplished she kept hold of it. Seems she really was quite taken with the gift, and not just simply trying to make him feel good about it as some might have done. Truth be told, she liked the oddity of it's colors, and the fact that it was soft just sold it to her all the more. Unique things were right up her alley.

--------------

| Chanter Straye Chanter Straye |

He ducked his head a little, further embarrassed. He was clearly a man not used to getting gratitude or even praise. However after a breath or two they were left standing in his room as awkwardness settled in. Because of where he was standing he was partly blocking the door, which only made things worse since his other half had ideas. Chanter however kept the ursine eavesdropper safely stuffed where he couldn’t claw for control, even if he grumbled. Of course, this didn’t help him come up with a means to figure out what to do now.

He was, in effect, sort of trapped because he couldn’t really offer her a place to sit and because they finished a meal, offering food or drink was out. This was basically the longest time anyone has spent in a place he has lived that playing ‘host’ was unfamiliar to him. He shifted a little, just at a loss about how to do something, he was supposed to do something right?

Evangeline Tallot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom